Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1144972 08/24/16 07:56 AM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I don't usually do this because there's just so much good TV right now. We're kind of blessed in that way. Tons of options, all high quality. My wife and I don't event watch movies anymore, lol.

But.............

Has anyone watched this show? My wife and I just finished the season last night (8 Episodes) and I must say it was great. I haven't had that much fun with a TV Show in a long time.

It's a bit of an ode to the 80's, a bit of Stephen King's: It, a bit of Stand By Me and ET as well. But it was completely original and extremely well done.

If anything deserves an Emmy, this one deserves Best Show or whatever, simply because of how well done it was and how refreshing it was. It's genre would be considered Sci-Fi/Horror, but there are scenes that just melt your heart and make you laugh as well, even ones that get you all choked up.

Winnona Ryder is in it, and she does a great job as one of the main characters.

Don't want to give too much away, but the first episode is 45 minutes long, and I dunno, I loved it. And I didn't grow up in the 80's or anything. Just a complete show, with everything in it. And that's always great.

Here's an artsy picture of it.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Legend
Legend
It's a really good show. I really loved the parallel mister universe thing they had going.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
S
Legend
Legend
S
Amazing show, thought the kids were great and carried the whole thing. Can't wait for season two!

Legend
Legend
Season 1 is 8 episodes?

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Season 1 is 8 episodes?

Yup, 8 very well done episodes. Makes it easier, then you can move on to other shows as you please

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Legend
Legend
I'm halfway through it right now. I'd be done, actually, but the girlfriend fell asleep during episode 5 and I have to wait for her to catch up on rewatching, lol

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yep!
Watched the whole thing. Loved it. The last episode is intense!

------------------------------
*In Baker we trust*
-------------------------------
D
Legend
Legend
D
Sort of off topic but a coworker today learned the meaning of "Netflix and chill" and yes, it was comical!

Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Sort of off topic but a coworker today learned the meaning of "Netflix and chill" and yes, it was comical!

hahahahahah I love when people finally "get it"....

#gmstrong
Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
Amazing show, thought the kids were great and carried the whole thing. Can't wait for season two!

I really wish Season 2 has nothing to do with Season 1. I like the way it ended, and the things not clearly explained are left for interpretation.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Started watching this the other night. Will stick with it to see how it goes. The production is certainly nice. One thing for certain...Winona Ryder is a terrible actress. Very hammy.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Yes, my wife and I have been watching it, great show!

We have the final episode to go.

Love the 80's style theme music and the title fading to the first scene.

Netflix puts out great original programming. Season 2 of Narcos starting up soon.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: YepTheBrownsRule
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn

I really wish Season 2 has nothing to do with Season 1. I like the way it ended, and the things not clearly explained are left for interpretation.

Yeah, I really wonder where they are going to go with this story.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Stranger Things: Netflix

Link Copied to Clipboard