Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
GA3 is a great ST/returner type player. Very, very electric.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Yeah, just read he's 6'2 and 220, but has ran below 10.4 seconds in 100 meters.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: candyman92

Yeah, just read he's 6'2 and 220, but has ran below 10.4 seconds in 100 meters.

that's crazy athletic

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
With numbers like that I am surprised GA3 was waived. Did Watson get signed to our (or anybody's) PS?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Wonder why they cut him loose?

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: texaslostdawg
Wonder why they cut him loose?

Oakland's RBs are loaded. They love the washington kid. Tried to sneak Atkinson onto the PS

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Year after year, Tank Carder manages to survive the cuts.

On most teams, the special teams coach gets one player he can save from the cut list. I have a feeling that "Tank" is Tabor's guy.

Tank actually looked "not lost" at LB for the first time this preseason as well. I can see why they kept him.

jfanent #1149861 09/04/16 07:14 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Year after year, Tank Carder manages to survive the cuts.

My guess is he's a Chris Tabor guy. Even the special teams coach gets a dude or two.

His value beyond that is, well, beyond me.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Usually Tabor gets both Carder and Moore on the roster.

They must be anticipating one of these other guys to fill in for Moore.

H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown
Kevin Hogan to the PS

Link

Right on! I said throughout the offseason leading up to the draft that I thought Hogan may be on their radar as Pep knows him well.

He was my favorite as a 3-4th rounder. People say he has a weak arm, but the guy was a winner for Stanford.

Hamfist #1149877 09/04/16 07:59 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Cleveland Browns Scribbles: 17 rookies, waiver claims, shopping for impact players -- Terry Pluto

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Scribbles in my Browns notebook as they add five players on waivers:

1. The Browns have 17 rookies on their 53-man roster, and one of their goals was to find players who can impact the game. In other words, guys with speed -- athletes capable of making plays. They also know some of their young players might not make much of an impact this season. If you look at their first three picks -- Corey Coleman, Emmanuel Ogbah and Carl Nassib, you see that philosophy.

2. We didn't see much of Coleman in the preseason because of a hamstring injury. In the parts of two games where he did play, he looked rusty and struggled. He was a big play receiver at Baylor and the Browns believe he will show that ability as the season goes along. In the preseason, Ogbah and Nassib both stood out because they actually pressured the quarterback.

3. Which brings us to some of the players claimed on waivers by the Browns. The team is extremely concerned about its lack of pass rush. The Browns know Tyrone Holmes is a project and very raw -- especially against the run. But Holmes is a bit intriguing. He was a sixth-round pick by Jacksonville and was among the final cuts for the Jags.

4. The 6-foot-2, 253-pound Holmes played defensive end at Montana and had 18 sacks for the small-school power. He had five tackles and a sack for Jacksonville in the preseason. Holmes was the FCS (the old Division I-AA) Defensive Player of the Year.

5. Holmes is better suited for a 4-3 defense. While the Browns base defense is the 3-4, they will play a lot of 4-man fronts in passing situations. They are looking for anyone to join Ogbah and Nassib as pass rushers. So there is an opportunity for Holmes to show he can get to the quarterback.

6. So keep thinking about players with the possibility of impacting the game. That's why the Browns claimed running back George Atkinson III. He's fast and had a strong preseason with Oakland, gaining 191 yards in 19 carries. He also had an 81-yard kickoff return for a touchdown. Atkinson is fast, and this team is desperate for speed. The Browns must have been very interested in the Notre Dame product because they waived Terrell Watson to claim Atkinson.

7. Watson had been a favorite of Hue Jackson. Last season, the Browns coach had Watson on the Cincinnati practice squad when Jackson was the Bengals offensive coordinator. When Jackson was hired by the Browns, he brought along Watson. He had the second-most carries in the Browns preseason, gaining 57 yards in 16 attempts. That's a so-so 3.6 average, and it's how Watson looked -- just OK. He led the team with receptions, but only for an average of 4.4 yards. Watson is bullish-style runner, but just didn't do much to really impress.

8. Atkinson will make some spectacular plays because of his speed. The Raiders cut him because he has a tendency to fumble. He also dropped a sure TD pass in his last preseason game. He was on Oakland's practice squad in 2014 and 2015. They reportedly hoped he'd clear waivers and they could put him on the practice squad once again.

9. Justin Gilbert (traded to Pittsburgh) was probably the favorite to return kickoffs this season when training camp opened. The Browns went with Raheem Mostert to return kicks, but he averaged only 14.8 yards in four attempts. He was waived. My guess is Atkinson will get a chance to return kicks for the Browns, part of the reason they picked him.

10. The Browns know Taylor Gabriel is probably a better receiver right now than some of their rookie receivers. But they are in the process of sorting through the rookies, and haven't seen enough of the young receivers to know what they can do in the NFL. As of now, all four rookie receivers are on the 53-man roster: Corey Coleman, Rashard Higgins, Jordan Poyer and Ricardo Louis.

11. The 5-foot-7 Gabriel was cut by the Browns and claimed by Atlanta. When the Browns decided to keep 5-foot-7 veteran Andrew Hawkins, that probably was the end for Gabriel. The Browns didn't want to keep two mini-receivers.

12. The Browns did a lot of research about Stanford quarterback Kevin Hogan. Like Cody Kessler, he played in a pro-style offense and had a lot of top-level college experience. In the end, they favored Kessler. But Hogan was of interest. Kansas City drafted Hogan in the fifth round. He played little, completing only 7-of-15 passes for 36 yards. So he didn't show much. The first two quarterbacks for Kansas City are Nick Folex and Alex Smith,

13. Players brought in now won't necessarily be around all season. The Browns have a serious commitment to running tryouts for players on the bottom of their roster. So cornerbacks Briean Boddy-Calhoun (I hear the Browns like him.) and Marcus Burley are claimed now and will be given a chance to impress -- but nothing is guaranteed.

14. The NFL is desperate for cornerbacks. Most teams keep five, meaning 160 play in the league. San Diego signed Pierre Desir, who alternated between cornerback and safety with the Browns in training camp. It will be interesting to see if Desir sticks with the Chargers. The Browns picked up Burley because he has played in 26 games for Seattle since 2013.

15. The Browns did not sign a center. They will use John Greco behind Cameron Erving. Greco starts at right guard. If Erving is injured, I hear Greco would take offer at center with Alvin Bailey moving to right guard. The Browns might a center to the practice squad.

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf...art_river_index

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
#Lions 2015 4th round pick Gabe Wright, DT from Auburn, signing to the #Browns practice squad, source says

Mary Kay Cabot Tweet

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
hmm, don't remember gabe wright

Rookie
Rookie
I like both Carder and Don Johnson, just for that beautiful "muffled punt" recovery in (I think) preason game 3.

Legend
Legend
I feel like our strategy is to just get a bunch of young guys, toss them into the fire and see if anybody comes out of it.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Robbie Gould was just released due to cap stuff. Any chance here?

Legend
Legend
Robbie Gould was released by the Bears, he'd be an excellent addition.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Last edited by dawg66; 09/04/16 09:34 PM.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
dawg66 #1149906 09/04/16 09:31 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: dawg66
I don't know, his leg might be shot. He's almost 35 yrs old and he only hit 3 out of 8 FGs last year over 40 yds and didn't even attempt anything 50 yds or over.

Where are you getting your stats? NFL.com says he hit a 55 yarder last season and was 7 of 9 from 50+.

Link

Not sure I'd go out and sign him, but he was good last year.

edit-Apparently you were looking at his rookie year. It is kind of backwards. Most recent is at the top.

Last edited by GrimmBrown; 09/04/16 09:33 PM.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My bad, your right. I was looking at his 2005 stats.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

He was in the same draft as Shelton.

I remember him as more of a 3 technique in a 4-3, but we'll probably try him at DE.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg

He was in the same draft as Shelton.

I remember him as more of a 3 technique in a 4-3, but we'll probably try him at DE.

Sadly, he's probably better than Shelton

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I wouldn't mind giving Gould a look either. There's nothing wrong with spending some cap on vet punters/kickers for one year

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6h6 hours ago

Chicago Bears officially have released K Robbie Gould and signed G Josh Sitton.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 7h7 hours ago

Josh Sitton signing a 3-year, $21.75 million deal that includes $10M guaranteed with the Chicago Bears, per source.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
OFFENSE (24):

QB (3) - Robert Griffin III, Josh McCown, Cody Kessler

RB (3) - Isaiah Crowell, Duke Johnson, George Atkinson

FB (1) - Malcolm Johnson

WR (6) - Terrelle Pryor, Andrew Hawkins, Corey Coleman, Ricardo Louis, Jordan Payton, Rashard Higgins, (Josh Gordon - suspended)

TE (3) - Gary Barnidge, Randall Telfer, Seth DeValve

OL (8) - Joe Thomas, Joel Bitonio, Cameron Erving, John Greco, Austin Pasztor, Shon Coleman, Spencer Drango, Alvin Bailey

DEFENSE (26):

DL (6) - Danny Shelton, John Hughes, Stephen Paea, Carl Nassib, Xavier Cooper, Jamie Meder, (Armonty Bryant - suspended)

LB (10) - Christian Kirksey, Demario Davis, Tank Carder, Dominique Alexander, Scooby Wright, Emmanuel Ogbah, Nate Orchard, Joe Schobert, Tyrone Holmes, Corey Lemonier

DB (10) - Joe Haden, Jamar Taylor, Tramon Williams, Tracy Howard, Ibraheim Campbell, Jordan Poyer, Derrick Kindred, Don Jones, Briean Boddy-Calhoun, Marcus Burley

SPECIAL TEAMS (3):

PK (1) - Patrick Murray

P (1) - Britton Colquitt

LS (1) - Charley Hughlett

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Browns add four to practice squad

BEREA, Ohio -- The Cleveland Browns have signed OL Anthony Fabiano, QB Kevin Hogan, DB Ed Reynolds and DL Gabe Wright to the practice squad.

Fabiano is a 6-3, 303 pound rookie out of Harvard. Originally signed by Baltimore as an undrafted free agent, he was waived on Aug. 29. He opened 29 games for the Crimson with starts at left tackle (11), right guard (10), left guard (seven) and right tackle (one). A native of Wakefield, Mass., Fabiano graduated from Wakefield High School.

Hogan is a 6-3, 218 pound rookie out of Stanford. He was originally selected by Kansas City in the fifth round of the draft. In college, Hogan completed 727 of 1,103 passes for 9,385 yards, 75 touchdowns and 29 interceptions. He also rushed for 1,249 yards and 15 touchdowns. A native of McLean, Va., Hogan graduated from Gonzaga College High School.

Reynolds is 6-1, 207-pounds and officially in his second NFL season out of Stanford. Originally selected by Philadelphia in the fifth round of the 2014 draft, he appeared in six games last year and totaled 21 tackles, one pass defended and one interception. A native of Stoneville, N.C., Reynolds graduated from Woodberry Forest High School. His father, Ed, played 10 seasons (1983-92) in the NFL.

Wright is 6-2, 284-pounds and officially in his second NFL season out of Auburn. Originally selected by Detroit in the fourth round of the 2015 draft, he appeared in seven games last year and totaled six tackles. A native of Columbus, Ga., Wright graduated from Carver High School.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
very glad about Reynolds. I wanted us to draft him out of Stanford. He's got some experience at safety and is immediately better than Rahim Moore

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Doug Pederson officially named Carson Wentz the Eagles' new starting QB.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Surprised Wentz will start to be honest. Maybe they've been hiding him

D
Legend
Legend
D
Expect Ryan Mathews and Darren Sproles to be busy Sunday, lots of carries and swing passes.

Dave #1150010 09/05/16 11:57 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dave
Expect Ryan Mathews and Darren Sproles to be busy Sunday, lots of carries and swing passes.

i expect a big game out of sproles and ertz ... speed rbs and receiving te's

D
Legend
Legend
D
Yeah, that sounds about right. Young QB's usually rely pretty heavily on TE checkdowns; its a safe pass.

Dave #1150034 09/05/16 12:45 PM
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Originally Posted By: Dave
Yeah, that sounds about right. Young QB's usually rely pretty heavily on TE checkdowns; its a safe pass.

No doubt about that, and our suspect run D and secondary coverage is going to be tested early and often, especially over the middle. All I can say is that Ray better be done with testing players at positions and be able to put on a better defense than we have seen all pre-season. With a rookie QB I would like to expect a win, but at this point I'd settle for a close game.

Hears to hoping Dorsey is the Browns Ozzie Newsome.
Legend
Legend
Briean Boddy-Calhoun

Legend
Legend
Tyrone Holmes

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
thanks steve. I'm intrigued by the CB from minnesota

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
the article in the PD today said they had their eye on him for a while

Legend
Legend

Legend
Legend
Corey Lemonier:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000231031/Smith-sacked-by-Lemonier&icampaign=%22search-video-lemonier%22

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Updated Roster

Link Copied to Clipboard