Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ThatGuy Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Brian Billick predicted that we will go 0-16.

@CoachBillick
Sep 7
You'll dismiss this as "Billick just trashing the Browns again" but seriously...look at schedule & find a single win. You can't do it!

@CoachBillick
Sep 7
Eagles & Titans most winnable but both on road.#Browns will win at least a game but you can't confidently pick it.

And then this happened..

@CoachBillick
Sep 7
If they go into Philly and win...I'll wear a #Brownsjersey to open @NFLGameDay show for week 2.

Please win.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
blah he would probably wear a manziel jersey lol

Legend
Legend
I had a Billick/Ratbyrd/Lewis bypass a few seasons ago. Feeling much better. Quite the analyst.

Stick this game in his eye.

Go, Browns!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
It's good bulletin board fodder, but honestly, I cannot say that I disagree with him.

Pride and "Rah Rah" stuff aside, looking at it objectively, I see no reason to think that we'll be in this game beginning two minutes after the Kick Off.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
looking at it objectively, I see no reason to think that we'll be in this game beginning two minutes after the Kick Off.

I know people are down on the Browns but most analysts had the Eagles finishing 3rd or 4th in a weak NFC East and that was BEFORE they traded their veteran QB to go with the rookie who has been injured and who has thrown 29 passes in preseason.

I won't say we will win or even that we should win... but I see no reason why we should not "be in" this game.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:
looking at it objectively, I see no reason to think that we'll be in this game beginning two minutes after the Kick Off.

I know people are down on the Browns but most analysts had the Eagles finishing 3rd or 4th in a weak NFC East and that was BEFORE they traded their veteran QB to go with the rookie who has been injured and who has thrown 29 passes in preseason.

I won't say we will win or even that we should win... but I see no reason why we should not "be in" this game.

my biggest reason is our starters couldn't beat the backups of a bad bears team.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I see I’m going to have to explain this again.

OK gather round class…

Vegas point spreads are no joke.

And they most certainly are not wild guesses. They are based on the extremely informed knowledge of professionals who only do this 80 hours a week 52 weeks a year.

The Browns are 4 point underdogs.

That means there’s a 50% chance the Browns will lose by more than 4 points and a 50% chance they’ll do better.

It doesn’t matter who’s starting, who’s injured, who’s stupid who’s ugly.

That’s all considered in the game day betting line.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Right now.......the Browns are not favored in one game all season. Their best chance [according to Vegas] is at home against SD. It's on Christmas Eve or something like that. They give us a 48% chance of winning that game. That's our best chance according to them.

Legend
Legend
i'd say that's accurate. SD is awful coming to the east ... we might be favored by game time

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:

If we were in the NFC East instead of Philly, we'd be picked to finish 4th. We are as bad as anyone in the league.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Robert Griffin III has chance to join a select group: win as Cleveland Browns' opening-day QB

Pat McManamonESPN Staff Writer

BEREA, Ohio -- Robert Griffin III has the chance to do Sunday what a Cleveland Browns quarterback has not done since Jeff Garcia in 2004: win a season opener.

Yes, it's been that long.

Garcia beat the Baltimore Ravens 20-3 in the 2004 season opener. Since, the Browns have lost 11 openers in a row, an NFL record. Garcia? He went on to lose seven of his final nine starts.

Since the team returned from an Art Modell-imposed hiatus in 1999, the Browns have gone 1-16 to start the season, 0-3 on the road and 1-13 at home.

They've lost 40-39 to Kansas City (the Dwayne Rudd helmet toss) and 30-27 to Pittsburgh. They've also lost 9-6, twice -- to Seattle and Indianapolis. Charlie Frye lost the 2007 season opener, then was traded two days later.

The Browns lost to Cincinnati in 2011 because they didn't get out of the huddle quickly enough to defend a play, and in 2012, they lost a game that started with quarterback Brandon Weeden getting caught under the U.S. flag as it was unfurled for the national anthem.

Weeden came out from under the flag to throw for 118 yards, with no touchdowns, four interceptions and a rating of 5.1 in a 17-16 Eagles win.

Weeden started the 2013 season opener, as well, throwing 53 times for one touchdown and three interceptions in a 23-10 loss to Miami. In two openers, Weeden went 38-for-88 for 407 yards, with one touchdown and seven interceptions. His overall two-year rating in openers: 28.0.

Weeden is one of only four quarterbacks to start back-to-back season openers for Cleveland since 1999, along with Tim Couch (2000-2001), Kelly Holcomb (2002-2003) and Frye (2006-2007). Naturally, Weeden did it for two different coaches -- Pat Shurmur and Rob Chudzinski.

Brian Hoyer started in 2014 and had a disastrous first half, as the Browns fell behind in Pittsburgh 27-3 at halftime. Hoyer and the Browns scored 24 points in a row to tie the game but failed to complete the job, as Pittsburgh won 30-27.

That was also the game when Antonio Brown kicked punter Spencer Lanning in the face mask during a return. Something always seems to happen in these Browns openers. Helmets, huddles, coaches being flagged for tripping a referee after wandering too far off the sideline. Something always seems to happen.

Hoyer's numbers in 2014: 18-for-30 for 222 yards, a touchdown and an interception. Rating: 94.0.

Josh McCown started last season's opener and was masterful for most of the first series. McCown guided the Browns 90 yards in 17 plays and converted four third downs in a row.

But when he tried to run on third down from the 14, he was helicoptered at the goal line. He fumbled, the Jets recovered, and McCown was done for the day with a concussion. From there it was all New York, and the Jets won 31-10.

McCown finished 5-for-8 for 49 yards. Rating: 79.7

Some other facts about season-opening Browns quarterbacks:

Holcomb had by far the best opener, throwing for 326 yards and three touchdowns and completing 69.2 percent against Kansas City in "The Helmet" loss.

Holcomb's rating of 120.2 in that game was the highest among the opening-day starters.

Three starters have had ratings in the 90s: Couch in 2000, Garcia in 2004 and Hoyer in 2014.

Two had ratings of 10 or lower: Frye in 2007 and Weeden in 2012. Ten of 17 opening-day starters had ratings lower than 70.

Holcomb had the most touchdowns, Weeden the most interceptions.

Holcomb had the only 300-yard game. Trent Dilfer, Brady Quinn, Jake Delhomme, Colt McCoy, Weeden and Hoyer threw for over 200 yards. The average yardage output of all 17: 173.

Delhomme had the highest completion percentage (74), with Couch at 70 percent in 2000. One starter was lower than 40 percent, six lower than 50 percent and nine lower than 60 percent.

The average day of the 17 season-opening quarterbacks: 17-for-29 for 173 yards, one touchdown and one interceptions. Rating: 66.7.

On Sunday, Griffin will be the 14th different quarterback to start the opener and the fourth different opening-day starter in the past four years.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg
That means there’s a 50% chance the Browns will lose by more than 4 points and a 50% chance they’ll do better.

It doesn’t matter who’s starting, who’s injured, who’s stupid who’s ugly.

That’s all considered in the game day betting line.

That's according to Vegas odds makers, unfortunately the're not as infallible as a coin toss.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
I don't care at all about what people say about my team.

Billick sounds like some of the worst posters on here. He's just trolling at this point.

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Billick sounds like some of the worst posters on here. He's just trolling at this point.

Another guy that is irrelevant who is trying hard to be relevant...

#gmstrong.
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

I saw the following on NFL.com this morning;

"Carson Wentz accounts for four touchdowns against Browns"

The future is now -- maybe sooner than most expected -- in Philadelphia, and while rookies tend to have average-at-best debuts (not looking at you, Marcus Mariota), Carson Wentz is set up for a memorable one. His opponent? The Cleveland Browns, which let both of their starting safeties go in the offseason, cut starting nickel back K'Waun Williams and traded former first-rounder Justin Gilbert. They're left with Joe Haden, veteran journeyman Jamar Taylor, safeties Jordan Poyer, Derrick Kindred, Ibraheim Campbell and Don Jones, and 33-year-old Tramon Williams. The latter is increasingly showing the effects of Father Time. It's like a gift from the football gods. First professional game? Here are the hapless Browns, who kept their entire draft class (save for one) and jettisoned veterans with reckless abandon. Have at 'em. -- Nick Shook"

If I were Horton, I would cut that out, copy it, and have it taped to every helmet for every defensive player to see just before the game. If Nassib gets crazy insane naturally before a game, just imagine how crazy insane he will get with a little extra prodding.

Carson Wentz Accounts for 4 TD's vs Browns

Hears to hoping Dorsey is the Browns Ozzie Newsome.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't think Nassib could get more insane without involving some sort of human/animal sacrifice.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Here are their other "Bold Predictions"...

Giants-Cowboys combine for 102 points

Titans run for 200+ yards against Vikings

Ezekiel Elliott will eclipse 200 total yards on Sunday against the Giants

DeSean Jackson pops off for 150-plus yards vs. Steelers

Maybe they'll all come true, including Wentz's 4 TDs. crazy

#gmstrong
J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
Something crazy will happen, which will result in a loss, if it doesn't We will know Hue is our guy

J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
My Bold Predictions

Shaun Hill pulled by halftime
Bills O will be explosive
Giants will play better than expected
Miami will get blown out
Pitt will look like SB champs after week 1
Raider lose turn down the Hype meter
Browns make Carson Wentz look like a HOF ( Every media outlet will keep hammering why didn't the Browns take him)

V
Legend
Legend
V

The Browns are not favored in any one game this year. Methinks you spew sour grapes.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

The Browns are not favored in any one game this year. Methinks you spew sour grapes.

That's gonna change during the season. Come mid season we will be favored to win some.

Haters gonna hate.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
I wish I had your positive vibe Swish

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V
More than likely.

However, my point is that he wasn't really trolling. He was stating a fact that upset the poor, little feelings of some Brown's fans. tongue

Legend
Legend
Because I view this team as a very, very bad team. Some because of inexperience and some because of lack of talent.

Legend
Legend
It's a new season. Anything can happen bro

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
It's a new season. Anything can happen bro

thumbsup

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2016 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 10 Eagles 29 Another reason to Win on Sunday..

Link Copied to Clipboard