Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
A buddy of mine is a Steelers fan, and he and I like to give each other crap about the other's team. Well, I got this in an email from him today:

As a public service to all Cleveland sports fans, I am including a link below to the TiVO website so you can make sure your equipment is set up correctly to record tomorrow night's game. It's not often that you get to see a trophy raised in Cleveland, and I want to make sure none of you miss out on the opportunity.

http://customersupport.tivo.com/LaunchCo...nchor=undefined

So, I replied with:
I'm just glad we were able to beat Pittsburgh's basketball team a few times this year. Wait, does Pittsburgh have a basketball team?

He replied with:

I am a little disappointed that Pittsburgh doesn't have a basketball team. I guess I will just have to take comfort with the fact the we don't have a team, and have just as many NBA Titles as Cleveland.

I didn't want to let it go from there, so I replied with:

I figured you'd take comfort in the fact that I coulda been your daddy, but the dog beat me over the fence.

After sending that, I realized that his mom and dad may be on the big mailing list that was involved in this. Oops!

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
LOL! that was good! And to think his ma & pop my have read it

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
I get the same crap from my buddy & when I used the "how's your basketball team doing" line, all I got back was "we have a real sport. We have hockey".

[Linked Image from media.scout.com]
M
All Pro
All Pro
M
<"A buddy of mine who is a Steelers fan..."> Shame on you.

Those are words you'll never hear out of my mouth.I make a point of not letting that happen...ever.

"My opinions and feelings are mine and shall not be influenced by anyone....especially liberals."
H
Rookie
Rookie
H
Quote:

<"A buddy of mine who is a Steelers fan..."> Shame on you.

Those are words you'll never hear out of my mouth.I make a point of not letting that happen...ever.

You make it a point to not have any friends?

Now it all makes sense.

M
All Pro
All Pro
M
No.I make it a point to not have any friends who are Steelers fans.

See the difference?

"My opinions and feelings are mine and shall not be influenced by anyone....especially liberals."
N
Rookie
Rookie
N
Quote:

I get the same crap from my buddy & when I used the "how's your basketball team doing" line, all I got back was "we have a real sport. We have hockey".

When he says that, ask him about the wonderful arena they have in pittsburgh, and get the current odds on how many seasons before the team packs up and leaves town.

[Linked Image from i67.photobucket.com]
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk The Smack Shack Smack I received from Squeelers fan (Cavs related)

Link Copied to Clipboard