Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That 'taunting' foul was garbage. Pryor wasn't even looking at that player when he dropped the ball, and it was the exact same move he'd made all day after a catch. Taunting my butt. It's a shame we can't cuss on this board, as I have some very disgusting things to say about that ref, his mother, and his supposed parentage.

After that, I'll be surprised if McCown doesn't die of his injuries, not to mention that he lost all zip on the ball after the last major hit he took.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Coleman threw a left jab BEFORE the defender slapped him back. He was wrong and that is why Hue lit into him.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Don't forget the no call on the hit McCown took after giving himself up in the pocket. A few plays later one of our Dline fell into Flacco's legs and he got the call...

Overall the refs were very one sided today. 12th man for Baltimore.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Pro Football Focus ‏ @ PFF 2m 2 minutes ago

Browns top graded players against Ravens
CB Joe Haden 87.5
QB Josh McCown 80.0
OLB Nate Orchard 79.1
HB Isaiah Crowell 79.0
# BALvsCLE

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: SaintDawg
There was a Ref right there.. Pryor tosses the ball to the Ref, no call.. Idiot Pryor bounces the ball off the defender then we have a penalty that kills the game for us.

He was trying to hand it to the ref and the ref just stood there staring at him so he let go of it. It wasn't intentionally thrown at the defense.

How was it not offsetting penalties on the Coleman one?

Then there is the late hit no call on McCown, while Paea gets blocked into Flacco's legs as he's throwing and that gets flagged.

Also a definite block in the back on the XP return.

Last edited by GrimmBrown; 09/18/16 05:40 PM.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
.. So many things went on over the course of the game .. An absolute horrid Game by the ref's.. the Rat's where holding and almost tackling our D line soooooooo many plays (obvious like jerseys pulled ) .. Tick tak personal on Pryor and the list goes on ..
.. Lack of talent is still our biggest problem and contributions to the Dark side by the Coaching staff doesn't help . Not now , nor will I ever be a fan of Horton ..
.. Sorry to see Erving get hurt , but is not the answer at Center .. Our D back field is a disaster .. Draft next year starts with QB and then moves rapidly to CB .. And no I don't trust our FO with the QB pick !

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
Coleman had 104 yards and 2 TD's.

Where are all the guys that were ready to sign Coleman off as a bust after 2 quarters last week?

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
Originally Posted By: Swish
Coleman had 104 yards and 2 TD's.

Where are all the guys that were ready to sign Coleman off as a bust after 2 quarters last week?

I missed those posts. Do you have some links?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
He was trying to hand it to the ref and the ref just stood there staring at him so he let go of it. It wasn't intentionally thrown at the defense.

How was it not offsetting penalties on the Coleman one?

Exactly

On the Pryor taunt when they showed the one replay it sure looked like Pryor was trying to give the ball to the official but he never put out his hands so Pryor dropped it. On the Coleman play Smith lowered his head/shoulder and plowed into Coleman even thought they were no where near the play so Coleman shoved at him but didn't hit him but Smith was allowed to shove and slap Coleman?!?!

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I wish there was some way that these refs could be held accountable, its just not fair. I would like to believe he NFL looks at stuff like this and when it comes time to renew particular contracts they say no to some refs.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
V
Legend
Legend
V
I agree w/you about Pryor, but Coleman instigated that play w/Smith.

It was a selfish, dumb-ass play. Hue was pissed. So were some other teammates.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It was a bad play by Coleman, but he only whiffed with a slap. Jimmy Smith then hit with a slap, gave a head butt and a two hand shove. Should have offset.

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Vers, once again you are right about Shelton. I feel this team needs a long term QB, o-line help and secondary help.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I think Coleman hit Smith after the whistle and it was away from the play.

I get that posters wanna blame the refs for the loss, but why was Hue so mad at him?

Other coaches and players also talked to him. It was a selfish, stupid play.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I appreciate it, Candy..........but I don't deserve any credit for pimping Shelton. I have criticized him plenty in the past.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Quote:
Grossi: Hue said he expects McCown to be ready for Miami, but it really didn’t look like he is going to be ready to play next week.
0 retweets 0 likes

https://twitter.com/ESPNCleveland/status/777629822176624641

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
But Coleman didn't hit him and it was shove attempt not a punch, Smith actually shoved and slapped Coleman. They should have had off-setting penalties. If it had been the other way around the refs would have called it that way.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think you are wrong. You think I am wrong.

Why was Hue so mad at him if he were as innocent as you guys are making him out to be?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

I get that posters wanna blame the refs for the loss, but why was Hue so mad at him?

It was a foul on Coleman, but that doesn't mean the other guy should then get to open a can of whoop a-- on him with no repercussions.

Fiercely Independent.
V
Legend
Legend
V
We did not lose the game because of the refs.

However, if Coleman does not make that selfish, dumb-ass play, we might very well would have won the game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Because Hue was trying to teach him that the smart move would have been to ignore Smith completely and I'm not saying Coleman wasn't at fault but just that if it would have been the other way around the refs would have called off setting fouls like they normally do in those situations.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I agree it was bad on Coleman.

Jimmy Smith still escalated things after.

Fiercely Independent.
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R

The Browns are constantly battling their opponent and the refs. Its a funny thing for the Browns to be perennial losers. Its fun to make fun of them. Its become the norm to always have them be a punchline. There's a lot of interest in the NFL to keep it that way. The officiating crew today was looking for anything they could find to call to give the Ravens the advantage and Coleman and Pryor gave it to them. The side judge and the ref could not have been more overjoyed when Pryor tossed the ball.

This is what happens when you have owners like Biscotti being in tight with Goodell. Goodell is the biggest crook in all of sports.

This is the life of a cellar dweller.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Coleman threw a left jab BEFORE the defender slapped him back. He was wrong and that is why Hue lit into him.

Yes I seen that on the relay.

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
Because Hue was trying to teach him that the smart move would have been to ignore Smith

Ignore Smith? Coleman started it!!!

If I was coaching the team......I would bench him for the start of the next game. Yeah, he played well...........but selfish players hurt the culture of your team and I don't care how good they are.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: SaintDawg
There was a Ref right there.. Pryor tosses the ball to the Ref, no call.. Idiot Pryor bounces the ball off the defender then we have a penalty that kills the game for us.

Wasn't able to see the game, are you saying that Pryor tossed the ball to the ref, it bounced off the defender and he got called for it?

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
V
Legend
Legend
V
Shouldn't that be in purple.

The refs purposely cheated so the Rats would win? Seriously? rofl

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Because Hue was trying to teach him that the smart move would have been to ignore Smith

Ignore Smith? Coleman started it!!!

If I was coaching the team......I would bench him for the start of the next game. Yeah, he played well...........but selfish players hurt the culture of your team and I don't care how good they are.

Yes, ignore Smith. The reason Coleman did what he did was because he took exception to the fact that Smith lowered his shoulder and plowed into him even though the play was no where near him, which was legal but Coleman took exception.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
Do you think it should be in purple? naughtydevil

V
Legend
Legend
V
No dude...........Coleman initiated it. It was dumb and selfish.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Well, I don't use purple because true sarcasm should make others wonder.

So..............perhaps you pulled off a beautiful coup.

Legend
Legend
Pryor says he wasn’t trying to taunt, shouldn’t have been flagged

Posted by Zac Jackson on September 18, 2016, 6:27 PM EDT
Cleveland Browns wide receiver Terrelle Pryor (11) holds out the football after scoring a touchdown during the first half of an NFL preseason football game against the Atlanta Falcons, Thursday, Aug. 18, 2016, in Cleveland. (AP Photo/David Richard)
AP
The Browns were driving, trailing by five, in the game’s final minute Sunday when Josh McCown hit Terrelle Pryor on a 20-yard pass that would have made it first and goal at the Ravens’ 10-yard line.

But Pryor was called for taunting after the play, and that call offset a defensive holding call on the Ravens. Pryor was apparently flagged for throwing the ball or spinning it in front of an opponent.

Pryor said after the game what he did shouldn’t have drawn a flag.

“I’m just saying there are other people that can catch a ball and spin it and look at players in the face,” Pryor said. “But if I get up and drop the ball…clearly I wasn’t trying to drop it on nobody. But I’ll let Coach Jackson handle that.”

The ball went back to the 30-yard line for a replay of the down, and McCown was intercepted by Ravens linebacker C.J. Mosley on the next play.

“I’m not going to say if it was or wasn’t [a taunt],” Browns coach Hue Jackson told reporters after the game. “I haven’t seen it. I’ve heard different sides of it, but they called it so we have to do a better job of making sure that we get the ball to the official and go from there.”

The Browns led 20-0 didn’t score over the final 49:40 and lost, 25-20.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...e-been-flagged/

#gmstrong
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
I was only half joking. Perhaps I should use magenta.

The bottom line is that same play does not get called on the Rats if the roles are reversed. Its easy to make that call against the Browns. The refs won't be criticized because the Browns are perennial losers. They make that call against the Rats and there could be a lot of backlash. The refs are human and fallible.

This is the life of a cellar dweller. You don't just have to beat your opponent. You have to overcome much longer odds as well.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Eh, from the replay I saw, Smith popped Coleman on a play that occurred on the other side of the field. Coleman made a half assed attempt (and missed) at slapping Smith. Smith punched him back.

Penalty. Browns.

Hue was upset because he hadn't seen the play, all he knew was it was a call against the Browns, and Coleman was the culprit, according the the official.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I have been trying to find a video of it. I think you guys missed the first part of it.

And.............why would I defend Pryor but blame Coleman? I'm simply trying to be fair rather than being one-sided.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
The Browns led 20-0 didn’t score over the final 49:40 and lost, 25-20.

This really tells you all you need to know.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
I have been trying to find a video of it. I think you guys missed the first part of it.

And.............why would I defend Pryor but blame Coleman? I'm simply trying to be fair rather than being one-sided.

Coleman should have been flagged. He started it. But Smith should have been flagged as well. Unless they allow retaliation now.

But you know, one team is the Ravens and one is the Browns.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

I'd suggest setting your TV to black and white, watching the play again, and then deciding who should have been flagged.

Last edited by GrimmBrown; 09/18/16 06:37 PM. Reason: added j/c

Fiercely Independent.
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown
j/c

I'd suggest setting your TV to black and white, watching the play again, and then deciding who should have been flagged.

Was that meant for me?

V
Legend
Legend
V
Rish.........I am thinking as a former coach. It's called discipline. I would bench Coleman for the start of the next game. There was absolutely NO NEED to initiate that altercation on Coleman's part. Heck, even if he did not start it, there was no need to do so.

We were in FG range. Could have taken the lead. It's not about refs favoring others due to ownership and Goodell...LOL........it's about discipline and being mentally tough.

It's one of the reasons the Browns continue to lose. They are mentally weak!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2016 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 20 Ravens 25 Post Game Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard