Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/brown...continue-092316

The Cleveland Browns have officially caught the injury bug as kicker Pat Murray was added to an already lengthy injury report after suffering a knee injury on Friday.

According to Cleveland.com's Mary Kay Cabot, head coach Hue Jackson said the team will have to bring in another kicker if Murray is unable to play on Sunday when they visit Miami. In addition to Murray, the Brown's top cornerback, Joe Haden, is now questionable with a groin injury and missed Friday's walk-through.

Quarterback Josh McCown's collarbone injury will force him out for a few games or more, meaning it's on to their third string QB in this year's third-round draft pick Cody Kessler. The Browns have also ruled out center Cameron Erving (lung bruise), defensive end Carl Nassib (hand), emerging wideout Corey Coleman (broken hand) and safety Ibraheim Campbell (hamstring).

So how about a kicker? The Browns will have to work the phones for a backup plan while they receive requests on Twitter for auditions. Here's former Ohio State Buckeyes kicker Drew Basil:
@Browns I am available and a short drive from Cleveland. Give me a chance, I won't disappoint.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Browns sign kicker Cody Parkey; Patrick Murray to IR
http://waitingfornextyear.com/2016/09/browns-kicker-cody-parkey-patrick-murray/

Not to be outdone by Carl Nassib, Corey Coleman and a host of other Cleveland Browns to be injured within the last several days, kicker Patrick Murray has been placed on injured reserve after injuring himself during Friday afternoon’s walk through—yes, you read that correctly.

Nevertheless, the Browns have signed former Philadelphia Eagles kicker Cody Parkey to take his place as the team heads to Miami as 10-point underdogs against the Dolphins.

Parkey is 6-0, 190-pounds and is officially in his third NFL season out of Auburn. Originally signed by Indianapolis as an undrafted free agent in 2014, Parkey was traded to Philadelphia during said preseason and went on to set the NFL rookie scoring record (large in part to Chip Kelly’s fast-paced offense), setting an Eagles single-season record with 150 points, earning himself a Pro Bowl selection.

In 2015, however, he appeared in just three games and was 3-of-4 on field goal tries and 7 for 7 on PATs before a pretty nasty groin injury forced him to injured reserve. He was waived by Philadelphia during final roster cuts this season.

Here’s a look at Parkey’s splits:

Xtra Points: 61/61
Under 40 yards : 26 of 28
40-49 yards : 5 of 8
50+ yards : 4 of 4

Caleb Sturgis replaced Parkey in Philly this season after the one-time Pro Bowler planted just four of nine kickoff attempts for touchbacks while missing an extra point. It’ll be tough to be much worse than Murray, however, as he was just was 1 for 2 on field goals and 3 for 4 on PATs, his lone miss being returned for two points during Week 2’s loss to Baltimore.

For what it’s worth, Phil Dawson is 7-of-7 on extra points, converting both field goal attempts on the season.

Last edited by DeputyDawg; 09/24/16 12:48 PM.
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Parkey actually seems to have a better resume than Murray so meh....its a wash.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Murray also missed a FG and had one blocked (the latter prob not his fault). So, it's not like we are losing a Dawson or Janikowski caliber kicker.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
From the article above headline:

"They're onto their third-string QB and now this"

As PDX duly noted:

Who Cares?

Legend
Legend
I wasn't very impressed with Murray to be honest. Sucks he was injured, but it won't make the team any worse than it already is

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
What's the record for injuries in a year?

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: jaybird
What's the record for injuries in a year?

we're about to find out

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
10 point underdog just became 13?

I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
Legend
Legend
I will take the Browns plus 31 naughtydevil

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sitting out on IR has become preferable to playing for this perpetual abortion.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
Sitting out on IR has become preferable to playing for this perpetual abortion.

true

Legend
Legend
We'll be looking for another new PK next week.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
All Pro
All Pro
M
Originally Posted By: CanadaDawg
Parkey actually seems to have a better resume than Murray so meh....its a wash.

Care to rethink that now?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"One man's Bum is another man's Hobo" - Waterdawg
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
God that was horrible.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Legend
Legend
bye bye parkey

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
...Parkey actually grew up an hour and a half north of Miami.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
S
Rookie
Rookie
S
Good game for the defense. Too bad our kicker stinks.I believe this team is headed in the right direction.

Legend
Legend
We need to call Robbie Gould.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown
...Parkey actually grew up an hour and a half north of Miami.

Almost like he played bad on purpose to help out his favorite team ... I mean how else can he miss that many FG???

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
You need a great kicking game in the NFL, remember 2008 how many times did Dawason bail us out ( Bills snow game)

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The football Gods are dumping on the Browns for passing on the franchise QB they dropped in their laps...woe to all Browns fans....

Legend
Legend
yikes

Legend
Legend
We should've signed kickalicious

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
or murder leg

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
or me

B
Legend
Legend
B
I say give him a week of actually practicing with his holder. Different kickers like the ball held a different way. You don't get that down in a few snaps in pre-game practice, which is pretty much what they had.

I say put some on Hue. The hid was hooking left. Rather than take a knee when we did at the end, we should have run to the right a little to make it a easier kick for the guy.....yes, I know he pushed the first kick right.

If he is here next week, I think he will be fine.

Last edited by Ballpeen; 09/26/16 06:32 AM.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Jester
or murder leg

I'd take anyone over our current fg kicker. I would have cut him right after the game.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:
Browns HC Hue Jackson: CB Tramon Williams day to day with AC joint in shoulder. OLB Nate Orchard high-ankle sprain, will be out for a while

https://twitter.com/NateUlrichABJ/status/780477227133796353

Legend
Legend
AC joint could sideline him for a week or two, depending upon how it responds. When I hosed mine up, it took almost two weeks for it to stop feeling like the shoulder blade was just doing whatever it wanted.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
IIRC orchard was injured in the very late part of the game. that stinks

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns K Pat Murray hurts knee as Cleveland's injury woes continue

Link Copied to Clipboard