Next Thread
Print Thread
B
bigf00t Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
B
I missed it, did they say anything intelligent???
How did the browns look???
Is Quinn misfiring as much as the media says?
Does Frye really have more arm strength this year- or is he just making that up like he did last year?
What about Wright- is he as smooth as advertised?

(if this is the wrong forum please move- did not see any other topic discussing it unless it is buried in a thread)

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
They moved around to much to really concentrate on anything but a couple of things stood out for me.

Frye looked about the same but they didnt show much of him.
Quinn really looked good on the naked bootlegs and rollouts. Eli Manning should watch and take notes on how to set your feet and put the ball on the money.
Anderson similar to Frye they didnt show a lot.

Lewis is showed 2 things that was very impressive. Great hands and great speed.

We got to see a lot of stretch run plays also. So alot of zone blocking being shown early without JT working with the first team. The only time i really noticed Thomas was in his fight with Pittman.

Quinn's most impressive play was a crossing route on the 7 on 7 drills where he showed off a cannon for an arm but the pass bounced off travis Wilson's hands and went another 20 yards down field.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Oo i forgot a couple of things

Roye looked quicker than he has in the last 3 years. McGinnest was looking slowwwwwwwwww. Shawn Smith keep your eye on him folks. The guy has a knack for splitting the double.

The linebackers for what it is worth seemed to play much closer to the line than last year but again you cant judge on a 60 min show with 20 mins of commercials and another 20 of talking.

Legend
Legend
Thanks for the info Mour!

Quote:

Quinn's most impressive play was a crossing route on the 7 on 7 drills where he showed off a cannon for an arm but the pass bounced off travis Wilson's hands and went another 20 yards down field.

Oh no,,, please say it ain't so!

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yea but he threaded the needle and showed me a much stronger arm than i thought he had. Thats what made it impressive to me.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
downloads of this show are appreciated

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
downloads?! i would love to watch it but i doubt they have this stuff online...if someone finds it PLEASE let me know through PM.....PLEASEEEEEE..or just on here

[Linked Image from fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net]
E
Legend
Legend
E
Keep an eye out on NFL.com they might show it on the side there???

Jamal looked very impressive - Wright n Harrison looked just fine as depth...best group of RBs we have ever had. (99-present that is)

Frye seemed to take the snaps exclusively with the first group and showcased as if our starter.

Looked decent but as soon as we started 11 on 11's was distracted with phone calls.

Quinn seemed to misconnect with his group...of course they didn't look in sinc as a group and seemed overmatched with the D out there. More indicitive with the group rather than with BQ.

Fraley impressed me on a swing pass to Lewis...Fraley flew out to the sidelines and led some blocks there...totally impressed me with his speed in the 2nd level.

Joe T looked good the couple of times I keyed on him...really seals the corner well that impressed me.

JMHO

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quinn seemed to misconnect with his group...of course they didn't look in sinc as a group and seemed overmatched with the D out there. More indicitive with the group rather than with BQ.

And this is what worries me, knowing RAC with rookies, I'm afraid he's not really going to give Quinn a chance with the 1's. If the group is overmatched by the D, how's the QB supposed to shine? I'd REALLY like to see him go with the first O against the first D and see how he does. Not expecting miracles but I think he'd be ok.

N
All Pro
All Pro
N
If anyone can find a torrent, please post a link - it'd be much appreciated.

E
Legend
Legend
E
If I knew what a torrent was I'd actually look for one...lol

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Thanks for the update, I missed it too.

Quote:

Frye looked about the same but they didnt show much of him.
Quinn really looked good on the naked bootlegs and rollouts. Eli Manning should watch and take notes on how to set your feet and put the ball on the money.
Anderson similar to Frye they didnt show a lot.

RAC & Charlie both talked about Charlie's "stronger" arm, RAC said he seemed to be putting it on the mark with some zip. My main problem with Charlie was his timing and not getting rid of the ball quickly enough. Often, by the time he threw, the window of opportunity was already closing. With this new, quicker, move the pocket system, Charlie could thrive. RAC said Derek had the best arm but alluded to lack of grasp of the system, (or something of that nature,) when he qualified it by stating that you still have to run the offense. Then he said the "rookie is still the rookie". Interesting your comment about BQ. Interesting they haven't declared the starter yet. They need to name "the guy". I expect they'll wait until they have a contract with BQ, but I wonder if they'll go into camp without naming one first.

Quote:

Lewis is showed 2 things that was very impressive. Great hands and great speed.

Great news. (The secret weapon no one is talking about. )

Quote:

We got to see a lot of stretch run plays also. So alot of zone blocking being shown early without JT working with the first team. The only time i really noticed Thomas was in his fight with Pittman.

I'm really excited to see this offense in action. Everyone seems excited, good things seem to be happening, there's been talk of becoming one of the elite teams, and it's about time we have an attacking style offense. If they can execute, it should be a real treat watching this system develop because we do have talent. Finally. (Wilson needs to catch the ball, but it sounds like he's definitely in the mix for that #3 spot.) I fully expect Joe T. to start at LT and I expect Shaffer will end up on the right, (maybe at backup,) as far as him fighting, I'm glad to hear they're getting fired up out there. (And that RAC told them not to break a hand or get a penalty.)

Good news about Roye, they said he shed some weight and RAC said we'll be seeing the Orpheus of "O". lol... Said Smith was doing well, needs to learn the 3-4. And good news about the LB's, Familiarity + Speed = Explosion. Todd G talked about this 3rd year D with added talent, (I think we'll like Peek too,) being a better D, a D "hard to score on."

We're being projected by many as being the worst in the AFCN again, (and it is possible,) but on the other hand, if the players learn the system, the line gels, and we get a QB in there who can run & execute the O, we might see more wins than losses. I'm really excited to see these guys play.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Just seen there is a re-play of this today at 4.

"The Browns are a club contenders probably don't want to face right now. Their physicality cannot be questioned."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Keep an eye out on NFL.com they might show it on the side there???

Yah but thts never in full...it's usually like highlights or something...they would never put up a 60 min show clip

[Linked Image from fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net]
H
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
H
Almost the entire show was the two announcer dudes in front of the camera with the browns way in the background. The announcers talked about whats been discussed here a thousand times. They did show a decent amout of Lewis and Quin. Lewis looked faster than normal, and Quin dropped back quickly and got rid of the ball quickly, but wasn't always on target. Wright also looked fast. That's about it i guess.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Just seen there is a re-play of this today at 4.

**bumping for others to notice**

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Really only one thing stuck out to me.

I liked when they had RAC mic'ed up because I've never gotten to hear him in that setting before. I think there may be more than meets the eye with RAC. I particularly loved it when he told the guys that if they didn't execute, the teams in the league would whoop their ass. I absolutely loved that.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
Legend
Legend
see... RAC is a good coach, and that is why the team respects him so... now if the players respect him, i dont understand why the fans and media can't....

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I recorded this on DVD but doubt it would cosher to post it anywhere..

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
Legend
Legend
where u gonna post it? let me know!!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Frye looked like Frye

Anderson has a cannon but man does his accuracy stink

Quinn had 2 really horrible passes but the rest looked pretty good. He seemed to throw best on the run. Had a tendency to hit the outlet pass (I don't know if that was by design or not), even the announcers commented on how they would like to see him try to go downfield more. I thought his footwork looked very choppy on his dropback. I never played Qb but I thought the drop steps were suppose to be long and smooth.

Lewis looked about has good as you can without pads/contact. He had one big run though that was because of a defensive breakdown. Kind of an off tackle play to the left. The ILB ( I think it was Davis but could have been D'Qwell) crashed inside and was easily sealed. Wimbley was the OLB who could have easily made the play but he read it as a play action pass and went after the Qb. Combined this left a huge hole.

Harrison looks really really fast.

Didn't really see much else on defense that stuck out - good or bad.

Didn't see much of the Wr's doing anything. Most passes irregardless of the Qb seemed to be short passes mostly to the Rb. JJ caught a few passes that I saw.

KWII was doing a lot of running on the side in the sand with barefeet. He was also doing some shadowing. He would listen to the play then run to line up but did so behind the TE who was actually running the play.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I am bitter I missed this but I have been in C-bus all week with no Direct tV.

GRrrr

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
...a couple more things.

I felt embarassed to see Nat Dorsey in a Browns uni,..If that dude makes the team this year I'll be shocked.

Also,..Looked like RAC was limping around a bit. He also looked like he put on a few more pounds.I hope he can get in a little better shape himself.

V
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
V
Don't know if any of you guys have been reading the thread on zone blocking, but if you have...............could you tell if we were using zone blocking, or we still relying solely on drive blocking?

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson
B
Legend
Legend
B
I didn't really notice...the camera pretty much stuck with the QB and the ball.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Vers - very hard to tell. The drills shown were mostly 7 on 7 or 9 on 7 I believe. There were some 11 on 11 but not many and the camera angles pretty much sucked so the line of scrimmage looked like a cluster. At least to my eye. It was also hard telling the players apart you really couldn't make out the numbers a lot of the time until the play was over.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Yep....it was more or less a ground level camera.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
V
Okay.......thanks.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Legend
Legend
The only thing I noticed about the line was Fraley making a block a good ten yards downfield near the sidelines on an outlet pass.

#gmstrong
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

Also,..Looked like RAC was limping around a bit. He also looked like he put on a few more pounds.I hope he can get in a little better shape himself.

Remember the camera puts on ten pounds.

Maybe RAC should do workouts in the sand with K2, now those pics would be funny.

And how RAC mentioned how the leauge was going to whoop our ass, now that's what I love!!!!!!

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
D
1st String
1st String
D
if anyone does post this, let me know, NFL network is not on Time Warner, and therefore i can steal it if i want to damn it!

Every Cleveland fan is a diehard fan...everyone else quit watching
G
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
G
I came across this yesterday and posted it on the tailgate board:
http://www.youtube.com/v/fydOjtN5zaI

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My brother-in-law taped it for me and I saw it yesterday. They talked a lot about the QB's but they didn't really go in depth about the practice or anything. It was hard to focus on the plays. Jamel Lewis did look in great shape and it was great to see KWII out there. They touched on every part of the team and talked in depth with Phil and Brady Quinn. Joe Thomas got into a little scuffle too and they had RAC wired. It was cool to hear him talk to the guys. It was just great to see the guys out there again.

Our honor defend, we will fight to the end, for OHIO! GO BUCKS!
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
RAC was definitely not the same person he is on the interviews.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
man.. why isnt the link for the video not playing for mE!!!??? urghhh

Legend
Legend
Reckon, thanks for posting that vid,, very cool man..

To those that think RAC is just a big ole nice teddy bear of a guy,,,, Wake up!

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
The only people that ever thought that are ones who haven't been paying attention or have memories and attention spans so short as to require a stop watch to measure.

The phrase "RAC Attack" was not coined by the guys in New England because of how he goes after a Big Mac.... it came from how he would go the hell off, tearing guys a new one when they would keep making the same damn mistakes over and over again.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Yeah I know Purp, but there are a few guys that think that because RAC doesn't get all fired up in conferences and on the sideline, he's a bad coach with no fire in his belly,,,

I've frankly never heard anything so stupid in my life as that, but some will say it anyway...

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
and I agree completely. I honestly just sit here and shake my head utterring all the words I can't type here, directed at those people, when I see it.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
i finally got to see it.. i liked what i saw..

no wonder the players respect him so...

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Anyone see the NFL network browns OTA show???

Link Copied to Clipboard