Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Before I begin, let me please have the opportunity to tell you that this is a thread about good, bad, and ugly. Players and coaches can actually appear in more than one category. So please, please don't hijack the thread like you did last time when I put Joe Haden in more than one category. Thanks.

The Good:

--Kessler's TD pass. Great decisive throw.

--Browns FO for signing guys out of nowhere. I don't know his name, but number 57, I think he came from Cards' practice squad, has real game time speed and is pretty active.

--Pryor displayed strong hands, arms, and shoulders again. He really gains separation when he pushes off. I love it.

--D. Davis made some nice plays.

--Shelton is becoming a force in the middle. I was down on him last year, but he is playing well.

The Bad:

--Joe Haden getting beat deep again.

--Why in the hell do we play either I. Campbell or Kinard at deep safety. They both suck at that position. Both are in the box SS types. They can't cover and they sure as hell can't read plays. This should go in the Ugly, but it's too late to change.

--Tackling against Gronk.

--Covering TE's.

--I love Greco, but he struggled at center today. He is a guard.

--Ogbah. I pimped him before the draft, but dude, what are you doing to justify a pick that was really a first round pick?

--Our FO for not keeping Whit and Gipson, and throwing Kinard, Poyer, and IC out there. You gotta be kidding me.

The Ugly:

--Kessler's body. He looks more like the Pillsbury Doughboy than an NFL qb. After his first game, I made the comment that he was fragile. Nothing has transpired to change my mind. He's soft.

--The FO for their off-season moves, both in FA and in the draft.

--The Browns are 0 and 5. The only team in the entire NFL w/out a win.

--The dude who was sitting next to Jimmy Haslam. Ewwwwwwwwwwwww.

--The guys on here who make fun of anyone who ever questions the moves the Browns make. As usual............you are wrong!!!

Legend
Legend
our secondary is quite ugly ... can't cover with LBs and can't lock down anybody to be honest

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
i pretty much agree with everything you said.

i have a question: is russel wilson just built thicker? i mean the only injuries he gets are ankle injuries, and he still plays through them.

he never gets hurt from body shots. but all of our QB's seem to be made of glass.

and i didn't think Cody looked all that small in frame, but he certainly looked like that today.

it's really odd bro.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Legend
Legend
A
I think RG's shoulder was just a fluke. A qb has to protect himself, especially on the sideline.

McCown and Kessler, as I recall, got hit while in the throwing motion and got flattened - landing on their shoulder/s.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
That's a good question, Swish and I really don't know the answer.

Guys have different body types. Some of the strongest guys I ever had to deal with were lean, wiry guys and some of the guys I used to just run over were muscle-bound brutish looking thangs.

Kessler looks soft to me, but of course, I have no scientific proof of that. I do think I mentioned it in his first game. Just as I did w/RGIII. Some guys come up "sore" after almost every hit.

Hell, look at some of the shots and falls Hogan for NE had today. How was that guy NOT severely injured? It's about body type, but it would take someone smarter than me to explain it.

Legend
Legend
agreed ... kessler "looks" like he's a little pudgy or without muscle mass. Like he hasn't put a lot of time into his body.

Who knows if it's true or not

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
The defense cannot tackle. Nightmare ugly!

We are terrible
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
As far as body type, just look at Tom Brady. Guy doesn't have an ounce of muscle on is whole body and yet he is incredibly durable. Yeah he usually has a pretty decent line but last year in the Broncos game he took a brutal beating.

Congratulations to our 2016 NBA Champion CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!! Greatest comeback in sports history... Hail to the King!

The great QB guru and the Moneyball group: 1-15
Record of Criminal Haslam owned Browns: 20-60 (0.250)
Legend
Legend
Kesslers body looks fine to me.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
So, ask him for his phone number?

Btw..................what did your post have to do w/The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly?

Look, if you homers wanna ruin this thread every time I make it..........I'll quit making it. No problem.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

Btw..................what did your post have to do w/The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly?

Look, if you homers wanna ruin this thread every time I make it..........I'll quit making it. No problem.

My bad VD.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Ahhhh.............the VD thang.

Classy.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I have an addition to The Ugly:

--The number of Patriot fans at the stadium. It proves just how poor just how far this team has sunk under the leadership of Jimmy "The Crook" Haslam.

Legend
Legend
Hey, I think they cover as well as they tackle, and they press cover as well as they ever have! Blitz pressure is hard to get when you put so many guys into dropping off the line; we do it so much and so badly, I am convinced it is skill building process of some type that I fail to comprehend. How would change that up? We must be realizing the results we want or we wouldn't persist in doing it so often, week after week. It is The Horton, so it must be better than last year; after all, I read the pressers and such.

Credit where credit is due, Goose.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

He commented to your pudgy comment.

Look nobody gives a crap whether you post here or not so it's not like posting that you'll give it up is the big threat that you think it is.

Despite all of your efforts otherwise, you aren't in charge here. If you want to post stuff and not have comments then go post your pocket lint collection on Pinterest.

If you put as much effort into football as you do other posters on this board, you'd be Vince Lombardi by now.

Good:
The ILB's bounced back this week with 26 combined tackles between them.
Shelton continues to look better every week.
Conner Hamlett got a TD on his first catch.

Bad:
Greco had a no good very bad day.
Our safeties in general.
Hue not coming up with a way to take the top off of their defense and keep them from putting 8 or 9 in the box every play.

Ugly:
Our safeties in general. Yeah I posted that twice.
We can't cover a TE to save our life.
Looking for QB number 5 on the waiver wire in week number 5.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Uhmmmm.......I didn't call him "pudgy."

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Uhmmmm.......I didn't call him "pudgy."

--Kessler's body. He looks more like the Pillsbury Doughboy than an NFL qb. After his first game, I made the comment that he was fragile. Nothing has transpired to change my mind. He's soft.

Close enough for ya?

VD

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Are you saying he doesn't look soft?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm not saying that at all.

I'm saying that when you post that he's soft, you shouldn't get your panties in a bunch when Turk posts otherwise in the same thread.

Despite what you think you aren't in charge.

Despite what you think, nobody cares what your opinion of other posters is.

Despite what you think, your opinion is not as important as you think.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Classic.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Good
Eh, not much I can say here.

Bad
How the offensive line got handled.

Ugly
Our te coverage. Every team's TE seems to destroy us.
Injuries, I mean it's really becoming a big head scratcher.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I'm skipping right to the ugly...

Yes, the patriots fans were plentiful.

On my way to the stadium, it was a sea of blue. In the stadium I was in section 104 and there wasn't a browns fan seating to my left my right in front or behind me. There was one annoying Cubs jersey wearing patriots fan from chicago sitting nearby. He wouldn't shut up and didn't really know much about football.

I used to love coming to the stadium and this day was just tragic. Too many gimmicky things at the stadium. The sheets pulled down over people to let me know where the dawg pound is located. The drum line... swagger... I really don't have issues with any of this, except the only reason we have them is because the product on the field is just no good, so they need reasons for the fans to cheer.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
I'm actually on the same page as Vers with quite a few things. I think it might be one of the signs of the Apocalypse.

Good
- Kessler looked good in limited time. I have hope. I'm certainly not saying that franchise QB isn't still tops on our list but I want to see more of Kessler.
- Defence actually did a few good things in the second half.

Bad
- As mentioned, Greco just isn't a good center. Good guard, bad center. Did Mike Matthews sign anywhere?
- Run blocking was non existent. Browns got owned in the trenches.
- Lack of a pass rush. Our OLBs are applying no pressure. That's kinda important in a 3-4.

Ugly
-I had to look at Whitehurst in a Browns jersey. His arm strength is good but dude has dick all for accuracy and looked like he couldn't do anything but check down to crossing routes and the occasional seam. If he's the starter next game, I don't even know if I'll watch.

L
Legend
Legend
L
GOOD:

Not much, I guess....

Hamlett might develop into a big go-to target.
We " battled", Kessler was solid again, but Charlie can throws this seam routes, 15-20 yards down the field, with ease. An NFL QB has to make those throws.
Colquitt earned his money today with all his punting.

BAD & UGLY:

Tight ends continue to gash us.
We couldnt create any holes for Cro.
Centre of OL didn't play well.
Safeties have to be better in coverage, I'm not sure if our LBers covered well, but we need Haden to be a shutdown corner, or our secondary will be - IS?? - terrible.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Anybody have thoughts on Alvin?

gmstrong

-----------------

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ugly stuff: Patsies fans everywhere. The Brady Brady Brady stuff was obnoxious.. we chanted 2 things that made them shut up: Cheater, cheater! and Lets Go Buffalo!

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c
Watching Sheard look like an all pro! Ugly on our part.
And as every one else DB's And O line.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:
-The FO for their off-season moves, both in FA and in the draft.

I agree, especially the draft. We are starting to get a good enough sample to see we wasted a lot of picks on receivers. We really haven't seen Coleman, but the other 3 look like they are just "guys". We could get as much value by cutting them and bringing in a few street free agents.

I agree on EO...that guy has shown me nothing other than batting down a pass or two. Really? That's what we are going to get?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
The Good. I've got nothing except Kessler and the offense looked good on one drive.

The bad. The Oline. You told me it would be a hard year for them. You were right. Just not enough depth and talent.

The ugly. 4 QB's in 5 games. Geez...stop the bleeding.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I think the O-Line would be better without the injuries and everyone playing where they belong. Unfortunately, we have the injuries and have to deal with it the best we can.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Quote:
-The FO for their off-season moves, both in FA and in the draft.

I agree, especially the draft. We are starting to get a good enough sample to see we wasted a lot of picks on receivers. We really haven't seen Coleman, but the other 3 look like they are just "guys". We could get as much value by cutting them and bringing in a few street free agents.

I agree on EO...that guy has shown me nothing other than batting down a pass or two. Really? That's what we are going to get?

Well, in all fairness he has talked about how he's starting to get up in years and been focusing on his golf swing. If Eotab has been playing OLB for us and knocked down 2 passes... I'd say Hue's got him playing at a higher level than expected! rofl

But seriously, I'd have to say so far Ogbah has been underwhelming. He's made some smart plays, sniffed out a few screens... but he's not getting to the QB like I hoped he would.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
P
Legend
Legend
P
The Good:

Jabaal Sheard played hard and had a nice sack. Oh wait, never mind.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
The Good:

Jabaal Sheard played hard and had a nice sack. Oh wait, never mind.

and mingo had energy

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
I think the O-Line would be better without the injuries and everyone playing where they belong. Unfortunately, we have the injuries and have to deal with it the best we can.

We'll see when we get them back if true. The depth has been the big issue IMO. And that's a sign of poor drafting. We need to draft better. Get the elite talent and stop trading away our top picks.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Anybody have thoughts on Alvin?

He's the most annoying chipmunk.

yebat' Putin
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog

A lot have made the case we were better when Cam Erving wasn't present on the football field. It's a case that I don't think I, personally, could debate against. I mean... McCown and RGIII were being literally destroyed each play. A lot of those times where the camera angle left because one of them ripped it and got the throw off, didn't reveal the amount of devastating hits they were taking. And legit, clean and by the rules type crushers.

I will say, if anyone wants to argue about the toughness of Josh McCown, then let's argue because I'll defend that man 100%.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Except in rare instances, it takes a WR at least a year to adjust to the NFL level. A Randy Moss type rookie season does not happen often, so I'd be patient with these rookie wideouts and give them time to develop.
The expectations some posters put on rookies is, IMO, unreasonable at times.

gmstrong

-----------------

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: lampdogg

The expectations some posters put on rookies is, IMO, unreasonable at times.

Quoted for truth...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
The Good

Offense:

Cody is supposed to be available for the Titans game

The passing game was able to move the ball fairly easily when the Pats played 8-man box Cover-1

Hawk- getting open,creating separation

Gary Barnidge-5/76

Ricardo Louis-quickly beating press man/jam at the los and getting separation on vertical routes

Connor Hamlett-carrying over his production form preseason

Defense:

Danny Shelton-nuff said

Kirksey-making plays in the run game, being in the unenviable position of playing man-to-man against Gronk and Bennett had good coverage despite getting beat by some pinpoint passes

Last edited by edromeo; 10/10/16 08:30 PM.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: edromeo
The Good

Offense:

Cody is supposed to be available for the Titans game

The passing game was able to move the ball fairly easily when the Pats played 8-man box Cover-1

Hawk- getting open,creating separation

Gary Barnidge-5/76

Ricardo Louis-quickly beating press man/jam at the los and getting separation on vertical routes

Connor Hamlett-carrying over his production form preseason

Defense:

Danny Shelton-nuff said

Kirksey-making plays in the run game, being in the unenviable position of playing man-to-man against Gronk and Bennett had good coverage despite getting beat by some pinpoint passes

I'd be interested in reading more about the bold italics above. I read all week about how the Pats were going to shut down our offense by taking away the short, dink and dunk of our newbie QB. Then in our second series he marches the team down the filed going 5-7 with one throwaway and one egregious drop by Cro. That was a GREAT drive...as good or better than any I've seen by us in a long time. CW even lead a drive to a nice TD to yet-another new guy when we couldn't run to save ourselves.

I have difficulty seeing - and naming - the different strategies like the one you mentioned. If you would expound on that comment, I'd be interested in reading it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2016 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 13 Patriots 33 The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Link Copied to Clipboard