Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend
forgot about Hamlett ... nice debut for him. He had high praise all TC

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
1st String
1st String
The ugly: I noticed that. The crowd sounded like a home game for the Pats. But...as I often do...usually not until the Browns are 2-8...;season ticket holders are having a fire sale on individual game seats and lucky stiffs like me can get field level seats for a song. I can't blame them. I see a ton of PSL's up for grabs on eBay. Plus, keep in mind this was Brady's first game back and a lot of Pats fans traveled to see him. And I imagine there are quite a few Brady lovers in our area,

Never have hope. You won’t be disappointed.
1st String
1st String
Really ugly:
Giving up over 500 yards of offense in the NFL. Allowing 9.8 yards per pass average. It's not a wonder the Pats didn't run the ball.

Really ugly:
Brady chewing on chiclets and grabbing our defense by the groin repeatedly beacuase he's a star and stars can do what they want to the Browns.

Never have hope. You won’t be disappointed.
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
The guys on here who make fun of anyone who ever questions the moves the Browns make. As usual............you are wrong!!!

+1

Legend
Legend
I don't care if I'm "right" or "wrong"

I just want my team to win.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
I don't care if I'm "right" or "wrong"

I just want my team to win.

because you are not a narcissist

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
The Pats sold out hard to stop the run. They made no pretenses about it.
They built an 8-man box and everyone played downhill hard.

Hue still tried to establish the run because that's the team identity and imho good run teams need to be able to run the ball some against 8-man fronts.
It didn't work for various reasons. The scheme imho wasn't creative enough. I speculate that Hue thought he could get some hard yards line up and just fireout, kinda ole school neanderthal strongest man wins football but the OL didn't get it done.

However Hue did attack the 1-on-1 match-ups across the board. But instead of focusing on Pryor they spread it around and exploited Hawkins match-up also. Teams are respecting Pryor going deep and the comeback has been open (it something they have to watch out for now though i.e teams jumping the comeback route with safety help over top). Kessler took advantage of Cover-1 man to man in the redzone when Hawk beats his defender 1-on-1 on a corner route.

Its a good sign that Hawk can get separation vs man-to-man and its only a matter time that they start throwing go routes/fades to Louis who thus far has been winning against press man with ease.

I would also like to see them work more drag/rub routes vs man and even some quick slants with Pryor and Louis.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Much appreciated.

Do you see where CK had to make choices in exploiting those one-on-one matchups or was he able to pretty-much stick with the pre-snap read given that the Pats were loading up with 8 in the box? In either event, it appeared that his execution was quite good.

Very interested in your comments on Hawk and Louis basically showing some consistent ability to get open. That helps explain why the other new WRs aren't seeing the field much yet.

Good stuff there

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
Much appreciated.

Do you see where CK had to make choices in exploiting those one-on-one matchups or was he able to pretty-much stick with the pre-snap read given that the Pats were loading up with 8 in the box?
I can't answer that one. I don't know whether the match-ups are predetermined or QB choice. Often times the reads are split and the QB can choose which side of the field to work based on certain keys/rules.
But, even on a given side of the field the QB still can choose which match-up to exploit OR the play may have a set progression he has to follow OR both.

Either way the combination of Kessler's decisions and the playcalling is working well.
in In either event, it appeared that his execution was quite good.

Quote:
Very interested in your comments on Hawk and Louis basically showing some consistent ability to get open. That helps explain why the other new WRs aren't seeing the field much yet.
I think some traits were evident on their college film, the available metrics and in pre-season reps/opportunities (and not to mention draft position).
-Higgins is very good route runner that struggles when pressed
-Louis is a physical freak, height, weight speed and measurable that rivals Andre Johnson, he's tough to press and if he's is pressed and he wins very few DBs are going to be able to run with him deep, but he's also an unpolished route runner with a limited route tree

Quote:
Good stuff there
If you are really bored and want to talk Browns and/or fantasy football stuff you can call/listen in to a fledgling amateur show tomorrow from 130-300 pm:
realtalkfantasyfootball

All are welcome. If you want to call in mention that you got the link from edromeo on dawgtalkers.net 240-718-8262/301-546-3501

Last edited by edromeo; 10/14/16 11:14 PM.
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
This was the 1st 3rd down of the game:

Cover 1 man across the board Single post S playing middle of the field not shading to either side

Louis(slot) and Pryor(wide) have already beat the press
top side Barnidge is still covered
Unfortunately: Greco (I think) missed his assignment and a free rusher is already pressuring Kessler
IF the play called for Kessler to read the left side of the field with Louis+Pryor he would have an quick pass available because both won.

Last edited by edromeo; 10/15/16 12:14 AM.
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E

Pressure is already home and Kessler had to bail from the pocket but you can see here the results of beating press vs Cover 1: Pryor was open on a fade/go route and Louis was open over the middle

Last edited by edromeo; 10/15/16 12:16 AM.
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
ed...good stuff, the pics.

On the play, big question..why is our RB going out for a pass while a defender is on Kessler in an instant?

Kessler never had a chance because the RB misread the play, imo. He should have taken the first man to show, imo.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
new phone number:
301-336-6000 ext 3501

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: mac
[color:#FFFFCC]On the play, big question..why is our RB going out for a pass while a defender is on Kessler in an instant?

I would assume because he was supposed to?

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
C
Legend
Legend
C

Last edited by cfrs15; 10/15/16 02:16 PM.
Legend
Legend
thanks for the pics. I wish I had all 22 ... neat stuff

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2016 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 13 Patriots 33 The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Link Copied to Clipboard