Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#1185465 11/01/16 01:24 PM
Legend
OP Online
Legend

The NC quarterback from Mentor Mitch Trubisky looks as good as any of the guys I have seen.

Just watched his games against Virginia and Miami.

He showed an accurate arm completing over 70% of his passes. He moves well and plays with confidence. He can throw to any point on the field and does it easily.

He has not started many games so his lack of experience may be an issue. But from the what I have seen he is going to be a consideration as a one of the top QB prospects.

I will no doubt look a lot harder at him. He has sparked my interest. So far this years QB class has not really given me much to get excited about.

T
All Pro
All Pro
T
He's the one I want. Don't know if he'll be available with our second 1st round pick or not come draft time though. His stock will probably go way up after the season.

I don't want him #1 overall though. Garrett is too good to pass on.

Wise words spoken by sages
From SkyTel to BlackBerry pagers
Legend
Legend
He sure "looks" the part.

Good size, good arm.

It'd all depend on how well he can read a defense, I don't know how much NC asks him to do that.

I am intrigued.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
WalterFootball has us taking Garrett.

Also has 3 QBs going in the Top 5.

Doesn't have Trubisky going in the first 3 rounds..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
C
Legend
Legend
C
Not at 1/1.

Take Garrett and move on.

Legend
Legend
I question how quickly they want to basically pull the plug on Kessler?

After spending a 3rd rounder, and saying "trust me", they had to feel really good about him..

Drafting a QB before round 4 would basically end his chances.

ThatGuy #1185588 11/01/16 06:12 PM
Legend
OP Online
Legend

Last year Wentz was not even in discussion at this time of year.

Before the season started it was all about Watson.

I just read that Kiper has Trubisky has his top QB. All that means nothing to me I go by what I see.

Again I have watched two games. But based upon that limited amount of tape I have watched; I liked what I saw.

Legend
Legend
Someone or a few will likely skyrocket up the boards like Wentz and RG3 did.

And I'm sure Garrett will be picked apart as well..

Legend
OP Online
Legend

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
I called out Trubisky a while ago. It'll be interesting to see if he enters the draft or if he sticks in college another year. I suspect if he keeps on the trajectory he's on, he'll end up going around the 2nd round, give or take.

Legend
Legend
I'm getting a Derek Carr vibe.

clwb419 #1187307 11/04/16 12:43 PM
Legend
OP Online
Legend

Well at this time if you look around at the mocks, scouting reports, etc. he is a first rounder.

Kiper has him as the top qb.

Long way till the draft but Trubisky is in the mix as the top pick.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Trubisky has excellent size and is a very good athlete.
His arm strength looks better than average (Hard for me to tell on (tv/video)

What I don't like about him is that he seems to have that look of fear in his eyes.
Completely subjective on my part, I know.

One of my friends is a big UNC fan, so I asked about Trubisky. The answer I got was: He only throws 2 passes. The slant and the deep ball. I don't know why defensive coordinators haven't figured it out and defend it.

1st, yes "only throws 2 passes" is hyperbole
2nd, I haven't seen Mitch play since that statement to evaluate it

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Jester #1187357 11/04/16 01:46 PM
Legend
OP Online
Legend

Look UNC runs a very simplistic offense.

I have watched four of his games. He has been very successful running "their" offense.

When you watch college prospects you have to factor in what they are running and how successful the qb is within that context.

Then you look at his potential. Meaning does the prospect show the traits that he can adapt to NFL structure.

An example of this is Mariota.

In college Oregon's system was nothing like what he is now doing in the NFL. However, Mariota showed in college he had the potential to adapt to the NFL.

Trubisky is only in his first season as the full time starter. So his experience is very limited.

There is not a lot to look at with him at this point to really know if he can make that transition. So over the next 5 months he will be put under the microscope.

He has the physical tools. The mental capabilities are what will be in question.

Kind of cool is that he from Mentor and loves the Browns.

But what counts is can he really play the game?

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Well at this time if you look around at the mocks, scouting reports, etc. he is a first rounder.

Kiper has him as the top qb.

Long way till the draft but Trubisky is in the mix as the top pick.

Thanks, I haven't looked up Mocks yet.

clwb419 #1188987 11/06/16 05:59 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: clwb419
I called out Trubisky a while ago. It'll be interesting to see if he enters the draft or if he sticks in college another year. I suspect if he keeps on the trajectory he's on, he'll end up going around the 2nd round, give or take.

He will go higher than that.Some mock drafts have him going early 1st round.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M

bone...I like him and want to see more of a sample in his upcoming games. Any indication that he's coming out?

I'm a firm believer that until the Browns get their QB position right, keep drafting QBs.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
mac #1189958 11/08/16 05:32 PM
Legend
OP Online
Legend

He is a red-shirt junior so my guess is that he will come out.

As the weeks go by he getting more and more attention.

He will be a topic of conversation.

mac #1189965 11/08/16 06:08 PM
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
[/quote]
I'm a firm believer that until the Browns get their QB position right, keep drafting QBs. [/quote]

damn Mac 5-6 times in the last 2 months i agree with you

Last edited by nordawg; 11/08/16 08:36 PM.

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

#gmstrong
nordawg #1197023 11/21/16 03:34 PM
Legend
OP Online
Legend

This is a good breakdown on Trubisky:

http://www.dailytarheel.com/article/2016...nfl-quarterback

Just got done watching the Duke game.

A couple things I saw: When Trubisky throws clean he has good footwork but what stands out is his weight transfer. He gets behind his throws with a strong transfer of weight and fast hip movement. He can put that ball on a spot when he is clean in the pocket.

Another thing I like is under pressure he does not panic. He remains cool and throws with touch and good ball placement.

There is still more that I would like to learn on him and that will come over time.

He is a legit prospect. More coverage will come.

Legend
Legend
Can he start right away?

I dont want a rookie sitting behind RG3 or whoever causing the Cabots of the world to say he needs to start if the starter struggles.

Find a guy you like, start him, live with his struggles, build him up with the offense.

Oakland did it with Carr. Jacksonville tried to do it with Bortles, except he sucks, so it didn't work..

Last edited by ThatGuy; 11/21/16 06:18 PM.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Trubisky is going to end up being that guy who bubbles into the top 5 QBs. Some deserve it, some don't. But I'd rather take a sure fire bet on Garrett or Allen, before we go trying to find our savior.

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
WalterFootball....

Also has 3 QBs going in the Top 5.

Doesn't have Trubisky going in the first 3 rounds..
Neither here nor there but I wouldn't put much stock into Waltersfootball rankings and scouting.

bone-
I haven't watched very much of Mitch. But I look forward to taking a closer look at him.

From the brief glimpse I've seen of him and taking a look at his size/stats:

-has proto type size
-has a good comp% and good YPA: suggest that he's efficient and productive
-has a low number of career passing attempts and 1 year as thee guy

Last edited by edromeo; 11/21/16 06:49 PM.
Legend
Legend
I watched all the videos available on youtube of Mitch this year... I saw all the good stuff, and then ran across this... and immediately thought.. dang.. this looks like a typical cleveland game. I know its only one game, and there were a lot of drops, but the head coach and co. put a huge emphasis on getting a guy last year who could throw a wet ball... and o boy.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
edromeo #1197119 11/21/16 07:10 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: edromeo
-has a low number of career passing attempts and 1 year as thee guy

This is known as "The Sanchez."

Do you think his head coach will throw him under the bus publicly?

Legend
Legend
That wasn't just a wet ball. That was a damn Hurricane bro.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: candyman92

o dang. thats when they played? thanks for pointing that out.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: candyman92

I agree. I am not in favor of drafting Mitch at #1 overall. That said, I wouldn't use that game as a barometer. Those were extreme conditions. That game could have easily been canceled to be played on another date.

If we need to trade up for him, we have the ammo. What I don't want to do is trade down for him. We don't need more friggen picks. We need players. Garrett or Allen impact the entire D with their ability to pressure the QB. All of a sudden, if we don't get a sack, our DBs look a whole lot better because they don't have to cover people for 6 seconds.

Guys, you can't ask any corner to stay pinned to the hip of the receiver he is covering for 5-6-7 seconds. NFL receivers, even the marginal players can get open if given a extra tick or two.

Joe Haden is a damn good corner, but some in here act like he sucks because the guy he is covering catches a ball.

First, receivers in the NFL are pretty good, and QB's are pretty good. Add in he has to cover his guy a tick or two longer and no doubt, he gets beat.

We need opposing QBs thinking they need to get the ball out in under 4 seconds because 4.5 to 5 seconds brings the pain.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
...If we need to trade up for him, we have the ammo. What I don't want to do is trade down for him...
Eh? You would rather trade up to select a player then trade down and select them? Scratching my head.

edromeo #1197205 11/21/16 08:51 PM
Legend
Legend
...If we need to trade up for him, we have the ammo. What I don't want to do is trade down for him...
Eh? You would rather trade up to select a player then trade down and select them? Scratching my head.

The talent you could get with the #1 pick.. why trade down? I agree with Peen.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
The hype machine will have this guy's stock off the charts. If we don't take him he's a 49er or a Bear. If we took him I wouldn't feel all that bad.

I want BPA at picks 1 and 2. Get whatever QB the braintrust thinks is the best in the 2nd. Kaya (sp?), Webb, whoever...

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk

Wait whut? You would rather trade up for Micth then trade down for him?

You guys are gonna have to explain the logic behind wanting to trade up rather then down to select the SAME player.

edromeo #1197217 11/21/16 09:29 PM
Legend
Legend

You guys are gonna have to explain the logic behind wanting to trade up rather then down to select the SAME player.

Get Garrett (or Allen if he's worth it) with the #1 pick and trade up to grab Mitch.

edromeo #1197235 11/21/16 10:16 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C

I think what they are saying is that they want to stay at the #1 pick and not take Trubisky. But they would be willing to trade up from the Eagles pick to take Trubisky.

My philosophy on drafting QBs is this -- if you think they are a long term starter you take them as soon as possible. If our front office/Hue Jackson thinks Trubisky can be a long term starter, then they should draft him first overall and not risk losing him later in the draft.

Legend
Legend
What if the Eagles pick ends up being #22.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

This is a good breakdown on Trubisky:

http://www.dailytarheel.com/article/2016...nfl-quarterback

Just got done watching the Duke game.

A couple things I saw: When Trubisky throws clean he has good footwork but what stands out is his weight transfer. He gets behind his throws with a strong transfer of weight and fast hip movement. He can put that ball on a spot when he is clean in the pocket.

Another thing I like is under pressure he does not panic. He remains cool and throws with touch and good ball placement.

There is still more that I would like to learn on him and that will come over time.

He is a legit prospect. More coverage will come.

I dunno, I saw shades of Josh McCown in him. Randomly tucking the ball and running like he thinks he's Earl Campbell and being stopped 7 yards short on 3rd and 10. Arm punting directly to DBs when the game is on the line.

He has games when he looks like the Chicago version of McCown. (His big-bodied receivers may add to that impression) He has some questionable decisions, too though. Maybe he can grow out of them, but McCown still hasn't. I wish there was a bigger sample size to better track improvement, or see if he's repeating the same mistakes.

You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Maybe he stays in school?

ThatGuy #1197399 11/22/16 11:59 AM
Legend
OP Online
Legend

Let's be clear about Trubisky no matter what you see it is a limited sample. He is a one year starter at this point.

Looking at him or Kizer you have to project. Not like Andrew Luck where you saw him grow while in college.

There is no guy in this class that is anything close to a sure thing. That does not mean that nobody in this QB class will be successful. It may just take time.

This will be a case where the prospect really has to show the type of mental maturity that does not always come with young guys. Something in his background will have to indicate that this guy will put in the work and have the mental discipline to make it.

Wentz had those characteristics.

The Browns will have to dig deep.

Trubisky has the physical tools you look for. I have no idea if he has all the rest of the skills it will take to the guy.

ThatGuy #1197449 11/22/16 01:09 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
Maybe he stays in school?

The guys, that I can think of, that have not left when they would have been first round picks are Leinart, Bradford, Luck, and Mariota.

I would never pass up the opportunity to make millions of dollars instead of playing for free and risking my future.

(Also, Trubisky's coach might leave.)

cfrs15 #1197488 11/22/16 02:12 PM
Legend
Legend
Don't forget Matt "Had I came out I woulda went in the Top 4, instead I went in the 4th round because I actually suck" Barkley.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season 2017 NFL Draft Mitch Trubisky

Link Copied to Clipboard