Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
I saw this interview yesterday and I thought it was pretty interesting. It's a behind the scenes look at how Trump was able to flip a number of States.

Setting the issues and likes/dislikes aside, I think one would have to admit that the campaign he ran was brilliant and extremely efficient. He spent peanuts compared to most Presidential elections. Now I do know that especially early on he was getting hundreds of dollars worth of free press (several months ago I heard the estimate was around a billion dollars worth??) but you have to believe that was also calculated. Early on they knew that the key to victory was punching the Establishment, both Left and Right, in the face. The more I see of Trump, the more I see that supports my conclusion that candidate Trump was a caricature. By making bold and inflammatory statements, he knew it would make headlines for free. The media ate it up thinking it would sink him. The more coverage they gave him, the more people saw Trump standing up to the Establishment. I don't know if I'd give him all the credit, but his campaign did a masterful job of manipulating the media.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/11/15/donald-trumps-digital-guru-explains-how-they-won-election

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Legend
Legend
hire that man

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
hire that man

If he went to Harvard .. we prolly will .. *L* ...

Legend
Legend
61,917,919 votes (47.9%)
60,913,096 votes (47.1%)

More than a million more votes for Clinton, but 58 more electoral votes for Trump. He targeted the right ones needed to win.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: clevesteve
61,917,919 votes (47.9%)
60,913,096 votes (47.1%)

More than a million more votes for Clinton, but 58 more electoral votes for Trump. He targeted the right ones needed to win.

And, as many have said, if the popular vote was the decider, both candidates would have run far different campaigns.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
61,917,919 votes (47.9%)
60,913,096 votes (47.1%)

And, as many have said, if the popular vote was the decider, both candidates would have run far different campaigns.

The popular vote was none of the above since more didn't vote than voted for either of them.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
61,917,919 votes (47.9%)
60,913,096 votes (47.1%)

The popular vote was none of the above since more didn't vote than voted for either of them.

Man, I wish that would have been the way it worked.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
These newspaper reporters are brutal.

Today's Hartford Courant (CT's major paper) has the headline Trump Denies Team Strife.

Thankfully I had to take an English elective in college so I took the easiest one there was - Journalism 101.

So allow me to interpret the above headline:

Reporter: "Mr. Trump, is your team in strife?"
Trump: "No".

Trump Denies Team Strife

Legend
Legend
I have to give Trump credit. He outworked the hell out of Hillary. I feel Hillary was lazy and arrogant, but Trump worked his azz off. Can't take away his hard work even if the other candidate did a horrible campaigning job.

The way Hillary lost this year and to Obama in 2008 will haunt her.

Legend
Legend
I think this last one will haunt her more than the previous one.

Last time, she lost in the Divisional playoffs.
This time she lost the Super Bowl.

"Hillary Rodham Clinton: The Buffalo Bills of national politics."

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
I think this last one will haunt her more than the previous one.

Last time, she lost in the Divisional playoffs.
This time she lost the Super Bowl.

"Hillary Rodham Clinton: The Buffalo Bills of national politics."

She has nobody but herself to blame. Obama and Trump have charisma, energy, and personality. It's something she has never had.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Her entire campaign was based around pandering and people saw through it and were not inspired.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Her entire campaign was based around pandering and people saw through it and were not inspired.

It didn't help that nobody knew what the hell her message was about, "I'm with her" wtf?

D
Legend
Legend
D
Her entire message was ...

"He Sucks" ..

The last month of the campaign thats all she ever said ..

She looks like hell ... u see her on tv last night? ..

Can't believe how bad she looks ...

D
Legend
Legend
D
Not sure where this should go ...

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/11/17/...ze-germany.html

'Pure hatred': Translator reveals how Muslim refugees want to 'Islamize' Germany

A translator at refugee camps in Germany has claimed Muslim migrants hate Christians and want to Islamize the country.

ADVERTISEMENT
The woman, 39, from Eritrea, came to Germany as a refugee herself in 1991, before volunteering at asylum centers to “give something back.”

TRUMP ELECTION PUTS PRESSURE ON MERKEL TO TAKE LIBERAL LEAD

But the Arabic speaker said what she discovered when working with migrants over the last five years shocked her.

During her time at a number of centers across the country, she said she discovered Muslim refugees preaching “pure hatred” of Christians.

Muslim children were told by their parents not to play with Christian kids.

And she herself was told it was a sin for her to help feed and defend Christians.

She told German Catholic website Kath.net: “They want Germany to be Islamized. They despise our country and our values.”

She claimed many of the migrants showed their “true colors” only when they were away from people of other religions.

The translator explained: “Pure hatred against non-believers is preached, and children are brought here from an early age here in Germany.

“It’s very similar in asylum housing, where Muslim boys refuse to play with Christians.

“Some women told me, ‘We will multiply our numbers. We must have more children than the Christians because it’s the only way we can destroy them here.’”

She said other translators were a part of the problem, claiming they prevented Christian refugees claiming permanent asylum by failing to tell them they were entitled to have their questionnaires translated.

D
Legend
Legend
D
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/trump-administration-wants-a-continuing-resolution-through-march

Trump Administration Wants A Short-Term Spending Bill Through March

In a closed door meeting with House Republicans Thursday morning, House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) told his members that the Trump administration wants a short-term continuing resolution to keep the government funded through the early months of 2017.

According to multiple Republican congressmen in the meeting, the Trump administration is advocating for a continuing resolution through March.

The current spending bill runs through Dec. 9. The maneuver would give Republicans more leverage after the first of the year when President-elect Trump is sworn in and the Republicans have control of the House and the Senate as well.

It may help them expand military spending while making cuts to domestic programs. The original plan had been to try to pass as many appropriations bills as possible in the final weeks of the lame duck in an effort to not let legislators' work this year be for naught.

“The bottom line is that we must fulfill our constitutional duty to responsibly fund the federal government, and do right by the taxpayers who have elected us. To this end, my Committee will begin working immediately on a Continuing Resolution (CR) at the current rate of funding to extend the operations of our government through March 31, 2017," House Appropriations Chairman Hal Rogers (R-KY) said in a statement. "While I’m disappointed that the Congress is not going to be able to complete our annual funding work this year, I am extremely hopeful that the new Congress and the new Administration will finish these bills."

In the meeting, Pence warned members that the months ahead would be far more rigorous than many members were used to as the Republican administration sought to carry out their priorities in the first 100 days.

Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC) said Pence told the conference: "Advise your families that you need to be prepared for work."

"You're going to be working a lot more aggressively with a more aggressive schedule than perhaps we have seen in a long time," Meadows said Pence told the group.

Rep. Mike Coffman (R-CO) told reporters Pence told the conference to "buckle up."

The most conservative wing of the Republican conference was especially pleased with the news that the Trump administration wanted a CR through March. Members of the Freedom Caucus had long been advocating for a CR, arguing it might give Republicans more of a chance to bargain. However, when it looked like Hillary Clinton was on track to win the election and Democrats might take the Senate, it was a riskier strategy. Now, it appears it will give Republicans the time and the space to work out their own vision for funding.

Punting the CR to March, however, also presents some risks for Republicans. As Pence outlined in the meeting Thursday, the Trump administration is hoping to move rapidly on a key priorities including repealing Obamacare and passing a major infrastructure bill. Both of those goals require a tremendous amount of work and political capital in their own right. Having to manage another spending bill early in the administration could distract from Trump's first agenda items."

According to members in the meeting, moderate Rep. Charlie Dent (R-PA) expressed concerns about the CR strategy.

Legend
Legend
Well we Republicans don't want to shut the government down just yet so we best have a spending bill to keep she open.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

"He Sucks" ..

And with someone like her, that tactic will never work.
All the DC pros (R&D) who ever worked with her all said the same thing:

1. She's tireless
2. She works hard with everyone to get results
3. She's one of the most knowledgeable 'policy wonks' inside the beltway.

Now, here's my thought about that: those are the kinds of people I actually want working in DC, regardless of the party they represent. Back in the day, Ronald Reagan and Tip O'Neil used to go at it hammer & tong all day, then get together after work and tip drinks for hours. Next day- same thing. I don't think there's much of that any more.

If she'd tried to run an issues-based campaign, things might have turned out differently for her. A sizable crowd of Americans still actually care about campaign platform. That was sorely missing in both campaigns.And with no informational red meat to chew on, it became a battle of personalities. She was bound to lose a contest like that.

Hillary's biggest mistake was trying to play the game on Donald's court. Sure-fire checkmark in the "loss" column.

She'd have done much, much better if she'd simply ignored him- and pressed her policy agenda at every rally.

She's one of those politicians who are better on the job than campaigning for it. She's horrible at a rally podium.

#GMStong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Well we Republicans don't want to shut the government down just yet so we best have a spending bill to keep she open.

yup.
this.

#GMStong
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Quote:

"He Sucks" ..

And with someone like her, that tactic will never work.
All the DC pros (R&D) who ever worked with her all said the same thing:

1. She's tireless kind of ruined that image not only on Election night by not showing up, but by her minimal, controlled exposure the entire campaign.
2. She works hard with everyone to get results She may very well put in the effort, but what exactly are those results? Her supporters had extreme difficulty answering such a basic question as to what her accomplishments were
3. She's one of the most knowledgeable 'policy wonks' inside the beltway. as evidence by how wealthy she got via taking advantage of her position.

My intention is not to unduly create an antagonistic tit for tat. My point is that for all her reported strengths, it doesn't take much to show the opposite. I would expect other Elites to say those things about her.But when you get past her fellow Elites, the people around and beneath her tell a different story. She treats anyone she views as a plebe like dog crap. Actually worse but I'm trying to abide by the terms and conditions of posting. Stories about how she would cuss out those on her security detail, treating the Marines in the White House as servants, and how her detail was considered a punishment in Secret Service circles go all the way back to when she was First Lady.

Hard to represent the middle class when you view those same people with such disdain.

Now, here's my thought about that: those are the kinds of people I actually want working in DC, regardless of the party they represent. Back in the day, Ronald Reagan and Tip O'Neil used to go at it hammer & tong all day, then get together after work and tip drinks for hours. Next day- same thing. I don't think there's much of that any more.

If she'd tried to run an issues-based campaign, things might have turned out differently for her. A sizable crowd of Americans still actually care about campaign platform. That was sorely missing in both campaigns.And with no informational red meat to chew on, it became a battle of personalities. She was bound to lose a contest like that.

I agree with you on this point. But exactly what issues would she have been able to run on? Her likability I think alienated a lot of people, made exponentially worse after trying to follow someone like Obama who is well liked. Run on continuing Obamacare? You can only claim 20 million more insured justifies the whole program for so long before you have to admit how miserable millions of those people and many millions more are paying through the nose. There were no social issues that could have pushed her over the top. Gay marriage has been ruled on, so not much left on that subject. Cops vs. African Americans? The narrative pushed still isn't believed by the majority of people and too many times have we seen the damage and destruction associated with the issue. And I think her public and staunch support of partial birth abortion at the debate is likely what turned Catholic and Christian women from her. They may still be pro-choice, but even they recognize we put our family dog down more humanely than we kill a baby in this country.

Hillary's biggest mistake was trying to play the game on Donald's court. Sure-fire checkmark in the "loss" column.

She'd have done much, much better if she'd simply ignored him- and pressed her policy agenda at every rally.

If she had one. Her resume may look like she's done a lot, but she's a bit light on the accomplishments. I may have worked my way up from dishwasher to fry cook to salad boy, to host, to waiter, to bartender... but I'm still working at a restaurant.

She's one of those politicians who are better on the job than campaigning for it. She's horrible at a rally podium.

I also wanted to add that FWIW, I have been generally impressed with how those Dawgs who didn't want to see Trump elected have handled it since. No less than honorable thumbsup

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
D
Legend
Legend
D
I couldn't say it better than Devil did ... so i won't even try ...

I will add one thing that IMO told me alot of what is in her heart ..

When she was testifying in front of the congressional committee and she said "What Difference does it make" ... I couldn't believe I heard that ...

D
Legend
Legend
D
Kent State hoops fan for the next 4 years at least ...

An example of when adults can learn from the kids .... Go click on the link .. GREAT GREAT STORY!!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kent-state-...-062758049.html

Legend
Legend

Make America great. Spending on a credit card again. That worked so well the last time right?

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral

Make America great. Spending on a credit card again. That worked so well the last time right?

Ask Obama.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Trump used analytics to win the election?!

Link Copied to Clipboard