Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1196698 11/20/16 05:06 PM
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
0-11

not much to say, but on offense, i feel bad for Thomas, Coleman, And Pryor.

defense held them to 17 points today. so they actually did well.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'd retire were I Thomas. Five years and into the HOF. Why bother with this ridiculousness?

Legend
Legend
Bad bad bad OL play... no running game.... and QBs holding the ball too long and trying to get their WRs killed...

Defense played decent considering... should have been only 6-0 at half... and then they had some good stops in second half... if offense could have done anything we would have had a chance.. but never did it feel like we were any threat to win this game

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
QB Awareness - it's killing us game for game, play by play... Kessler has not shown any ability to read the field or step up in the pocket to amake a play. His internal clock is horrid. I expected McCown to be better, but no. He will release the ball quicker, but you'd think a vet would know to get rid of the ball on the fumble/td. You'd think a vet QB would know to make a deep ball attempt to the endzone when we're down by 14 with under a minute to go. I don't get it.

Hue better start rg3 after this bye week!!!

the rest of the team.. ehhh...

We need playmaking DE's!!!! We need DE's baddddd!!! Either switch to the 4-3, or get some guys who can actually shed blocks and play the run.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
I'm thankful we're not playing on Thanksgiving Day.

#GMSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Please trade Joe Thomas and Terrelle Pryor. This POS "NFL" franchise does not deserve them. And they should NEVER charge another cent to watch this garbage. Ever. This franchise completely SUCKS. Period.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
I'd retire were I Thomas. Five years and into the HOF. Why bother with this ridiculousness?

I would demand a trade or just retire. Screw this franchise. Period.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Please,
This FO has alot to answer too. At a point, you can only put so much coaches if you do not have any talent. And they need to see that we need to use and keep all of our picks due to all the holes we have. And yes, some free agent help also!!

R
Legend
Legend
R
Bad ownership, bad FO, bad coaching, bad players.

It's really an unenjoyable experience watching this team.

I'm trying to figure out why Jackson was so highly sought after. He's really in over his head at this point. It's obvious he has some challenges with talent and personnel, but he doesn't do anything at all to game plan around those deficiencies. He doesn't appear to be a thinker or a strategist. He's a philosophy guy and needs players that will play his way. He's been a crushing disappointment.

Coleman has been another crushing disappointment. Small and can't catch. Seems like a great player to build your offense around.

I don't think Kessler will take another snap this year. I hope not anyway. It wouldn't bother me if he never took another snap for this team. I'm all about patience and letting guys develop but not when you play scared. He looks like a cabbage patch kid and is soft as hell both physically and mentally. I hope RG3 is ready to go next week. It will be the only reason to tune in.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What level of FAs desire to be here?
You'd overpay for the absolute lower tiers.

J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
We suck, bout sums it up, over and out

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Boomer Esiason said on the post game show he didn't know who was coaching the O in Cleveland but it's a disgrace. No one is blocking anyone and the Browns qb's should be getting payed double or triple for being in there. By the way, why didn't Josh just throw the ball away on that fumble recovery for a td. at least we still may have had a chance. Something new but negative every week.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Bill Bellechick must have really had it out for Jamie Collins, he sent him to 9th level of football hell.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Thats funny because the QB who was announcing the game saw how the QBs were holding onto the ball and not calling the correct protections!!

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
You have to be able to figure out which FAs are worth it. But having all the cap space room make no sense if you lack alot of talent.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Positive thought: Only 5 games left to suffer through.

C
All Pro
All Pro
C
I haven't logged onto Dawgtalkers in a long time. I was shocked people are still here talking about this team. I did watch the game today. If I were to talk about it I would just copy and paste comments from 10 years ago.

Legend
Legend
It was a rough game, went pretty much as I expected (sighs).

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
Boomer Esiason said on the post game show he didn't know who was coaching the O in Cleveland but it's a disgrace. No one is blocking anyone and the Browns qb's should be getting payed double or triple for being in there. By the way, why didn't Josh just throw the ball away on that fumble recovery for a td. at least we still may have had a chance. Something new but negative every week.

If Hue is calling plays - and I don't know if he is or not - it seems to be clear then that he needs to give that role to a true OC. We have issues with delayed blitz pickups, which I think we saw today.

Hopefully we don't dump anyone - add good OC (could we bring in McCarthy or Fox if they get fired?) and allow Hue to just be the head coach, which I think would help. We left some wins out there this year - maybe 2 so far - and some more games that we could have won, including today. The North is down and will probably be down for a while so the next moves we make really have to be right.

QB? Are there any ready starters in the coming draft - and will we be down to draft the largest QB available just to take the punishment?

Does anyone see any incremental improvement week over week? I know it is tough if you just look at the score, but do you folks who get to watch the games - do you see any positive growth at all?

Last edited by Dawg_Traveler; 11/20/16 05:47 PM.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." [Mark Twain]
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Let's face it, we need a new qb in here. It's probably a combination of our o-line and the qb's holding onto the ball too long. Also wrong protection calls. Take your pick.

Legend
Legend
We are young and gaining experience and that includes new coaches.
This team has heart.

I see us as a college team with mostly Freshmen and a few Seniors. Next year they will be Juniors.

We may even go 8 and 8 next year with us being in the hunt for many years after that.

Give these coaches the time and I believe they will produce. Fire them and we start all over again.

1st String
1st String
I'm honestly not that surprised that this year is going the way that it is. Look how much talent we let go in the free agent market. Prior to the season beginning, I thought it was a great idea to dump the old and build the new. Every GM, President, and coaching staff have all tried to build on someone else's junk. Clean house. If they don't want to play here, let them go.

BUT.... I never really imagined that this year would be THIS BAD.

More NFL guru's then not are saying that the 2017 draft features nothing but 2nd round or lower QB picks. Beef up the O-line? We could stop the run with our D-line if we had a secondary worth a hoot. A killer pass rushing/sackmaster on D would be nice.

And in defense of our franchise, we didn't know when we gave up that second rounder for a guy who became a pro-bowl receiver would have a substance abuse problem among other things. Losing Gordon really hurt but it's not the f.o.'s fault.

I just never thought that 16 years later we would have a team worse then the expanision team Browns who came back to Cleveland. Sigh.

Never have hope. You won’t be disappointed.
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Despite the stats I thought the defense played hard and held the line when they needed to, holding Big Ben and co. to 17 isn't bad at all. The offense on the other hand...wow. We don't have a qb on the roster that is an NFL starter period. McCown is what he has always been. Kessler has a noodle arm, another game manager..another Hoyer, looked good for a bit then when defenses figure him out shut down the run and expose him. The offensive line is garbage, how many free runs did pass rushers get today because they were unblocked? and just as bad against the run no push getting hit two yards in the back field.

And why does this web site run so slowI cant even type a message???is it saturated with adware??

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Agreed. You can't just rotate a bunch of 21 year olds into the game and expect them to be fine. Earlier I saw a team that made about 3 rookie mistakes a game from being able to win. They just do not know what they're doing a few times. You cannot expect to revolve QB's into the lineup and believe you'll have wins. The team is just too young. But they are developing. Coleman is looking better and better. Ogbah and Nassib have kinda died down these past few weeks. But Shelton is an animal when he gets low. We are building, but it is a slow process. Most of which, occurs in the offseason. Anyone who expects otherwise is just setting themselves up for frustration. Our best bet will probably be that last Bengals game for a win.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
I see us as a college team with mostly Freshmen and a few Seniors. Next year they will be Juniors.

...but there's this pesky thing called the sophomore season that kind of blows that theory out of the water. smile

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Our best bet will probably be that last Bengals game for a win.

Especially with the AJ Green hamstring tear

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Looks like Joe Haden should play then. That'll be nice to not have him run scared.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Memo to Hue: you can't block Lawrence Timmons with Duke Johnson or Isaiah Crowell.

Memo to Hue: you can't allow Ryan Shazier to blitz unblocked into your backfield with no safety valve receiver.

Memo to Hue: you can't design a game plan that has Cody Kessler throwing downfield in a freaking gale. We rushed the ball 13 times!

Memo to Hue: at some point, you have to adjust to things that the defense is doing. You are going to get one of our Qb's killed.

Memo to the Browns' players: you guys did not respond/retaliate ONCE to numerous cheap shots by the Steelers today - that is so weak. Its embarrassing and disgusting.

Legend
Legend
the fact we were blocking edge rushers with RBs is an ABOMINATION to all that is football.

Where the heck has Nassib been?? Invisible now.

Coleman hasn't shown me all that much. He's made a few plays, but I don't see "difference maker" in him.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Originally Posted By: Dave

Memo to the Browns' players: you guys did not respond/retaliate ONCE to numerous cheap shots by the Steelers today - that is so weak. Its embarrassing and disgusting.

This, times 100%....

#gmstrong.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
I'm thankful we're not playing on Thanksgiving Day.

America is thankful we are not playing on Thanksgiving Day.

Legend
Legend
also. why in the HELL did I see browns players high fiving Leveon Bell after he made a good run

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Knight
Despite the stats I thought the defense played hard and held the line when they needed to, holding Big Ben and co. to 17 isn't bad at all. The offense on the other hand...wow. We don't have a qb on the roster that is an NFL starter period. McCown is what he has always been. Kessler has a noodle arm, another game manager..another Hoyer, looked good for a bit then when defenses figure him out shut down the run and expose him. The offensive line is garbage, how many free runs did pass rushers get today because they were unblocked? and just as bad against the run no push getting hit two yards in the back field.

And why does this web site run so slowI cant even type a message???is it saturated with adware??

I don't think it is, you might want to check your computer/phone whatever your using, or perhaps your Internet connection? I've never had that problem here and I type pretty fast.

Legend
Legend
This was tough to watch. What exactly might we be waiting to see in Kessler that we are curious about? I think we have decent backup. McCown just has been awful in his last two plug & play outings. I am not sure what we have to see again, but more of the same so you have a body of bad work is a poser. We have no other good choices other than RG3 left. Not sure if he can finish a game, much less this season. So what are we curious about because it looks awful, smells worse, and still has a ways to go. Can't say I have seen growth or improvement or questions answered positively. Thoughts?

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
hopefully this is the last we see of Cody this year.

I know at times our O line was bad.

but the reality is that they provided adequate time for our QB's to read the field and get rid of the ball.

actually, the last two, maybe three games, the QB has had time to throw the ball.

Cody isn't cutting it. he doesn't seem to trust his abilities, his eyes, or most likely, he just doesn't have it.

he doesn't have an Arm. i mean that int, Coleman had the step. that ball was underthrown, no way to cut it.

there were other passes, like the one where Coleman had to jump for a high ball that took FOREVER to get there.

and it was what? a 10 yard throw?

Cody tries to be careful with the ball at all times. Thats fine....for a backup.

we need a QB with a killer instinct. a borderline gunslinger mentality. we have two WR who can take the top off of defense. all they need is a QB who can get them the damn ball.

Cody isn't it. he won't ever be it. i really hope RG3 can come back after the bye. is he the answer? 99% sure he isn't. but i wonder how much better our offense would be with a QB behind center that they have to actually respect.

because teams don't respect McCown's ability either. for every good play he has, another is bone headed, or a turnover.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
B
Legend
Legend
B
I didn't travel up for the game. Part (50%) because I had some work done on the house and it didn't finish up until yesterday, part (30%) because I saw the weather was going to suck, and part (20%) because I didn't want to spend another $500 or more on rooms, etc. above and beyond the $300 cost of the tickets I basically threw in the trash by not going this weekend.

I don't mind not using the tickets. I paid for those last Feb. or March. That money is long gone. Now it's a matter of how much more I am willing to spen to go watch the team lose.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
We must find a quarterback. Yes we have other needs, but we have lots of picks. We must use one of the ONES on a quarterback. People will say there are none worthy. They say that every year. We don't need to wait for another Andrew Luck. We can use a Bortles, a Carr, a Winston, a Mariota, a Prescott - all guys the geniuses said weren't worth a high pick. Invest in a good quarterback with a strong arm and good size and start building a line and a defense.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Post game thought......we need a QB

#gmstrong
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
i agree.

people keep saying they don't want to draft a QB high every year because there are no andrew lucks.

well there's a reason why prospects like him are once a generation. would love to have a Cam newton right now. or a mariota, winston, Rodgers, stafford, etc.

our QB doesn't need to be Luck. he just needs to be good.

besides, luck hasn't been exactly tearing it up the last couple seasons.

Last edited by Swish; 11/20/16 07:17 PM.

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Dave
Memo to Hue: you can't block Lawrence Timmons with Duke Johnson or Isaiah Crowell.

Memo to Hue: you can't allow Ryan Shazier to blitz unblocked into your backfield with no safety valve receiver.

Memo to Hue: you can't design a game plan that has Cody Kessler throwing downfield in a freaking gale. We rushed the ball 13 times!

Memo to Hue: at some point, you have to adjust to things that the defense is doing. You are going to get one of our Qb's killed.

Note: to Browns front office, BIGGER, STRONGER, FASTER and TOUGHER...BEATS...ANALYTICS 99% OF THE TIME.

Last edited by mac; 11/20/16 07:22 PM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2016 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 9 Steelers 24 Post Game Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard