Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1200223 11/27/16 05:03 PM
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
QB with one of our two first rounders. Period.

I'm tired of seeing wide open WRs for no reason.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Nope fans want OLine. Let's trade down and get a bunch of Oline...that'll work. LOL

Congratulations to our 2016 NBA Champion CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!! Greatest comeback in sports history... Hail to the King!

The great QB guru and the Moneyball group: 1-15
Record of Criminal Haslam owned Browns: 20-60 (0.250)
P
Legend
Legend
P
Bye Week + RGIII + Bengals = WIN #1 thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

How much $$ you willing to put on that?

Congratulations to our 2016 NBA Champion CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!! Greatest comeback in sports history... Hail to the King!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
First, I'm not sold on the ability to evaluate any talent let alone a good QB where there are only so so prospects.

Second, we'll get him killed week one if this line isn't addressed. Alvin Bailey, I needn't say anymore...

2nd String
2nd String
Originally Posted By: Swish
QB with one of our two first rounders. Period.

I'm tired of seeing wide open WRs for no reason.

They're open because the entire DL is on top of our QB

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

Until Crowell learns to pick up the blitz from the QB's blindside, it won't matter who's at QB. Its a frigging jailbreak every time oppo defenses try it.

H
All Pro
All Pro
H
If there was a QB coming out that I thought would merit the pick, I'd be fine with that. However, none of the prospects this year have shown that to me.

If they reach for a QB in this draft, They'll be drafting another one next year.

Go with the best player available.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Boddy-Calhoun was a bright spot, our defence in general played pretty well today - although Eli was kept pretty clean , hardly any pass rush - but when the Giants really needed to, they took it down the field.
Haden did a good job overall I thought, covering a really quick receiver.

On offence, McCown wasted many opportunities with his inaccuracy. A little off on many throws, his 322 yards passing is a mirage, really. And I hate watching him in the pocket, he doesn't seem to buy extra time with subtle movements of his feet.
Hue kept the running game going until he had to air it out. what a slow, plodding offence to watch though, excruciating.
I expect to see RG3 in two weeks, nothing left to lose. Even Hogan would be better at this juncture.
The fumble return for the TD was so demoralizing, as was their final TD drive.
I will say we showed some fight today, we didn't quit. I don't think we will go winless, I bet we beat San Diego and maybe even Cincinnati.
And Erving sucks, as does blitz pickups too often.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: WhatCanBrownDo4U
Nope fans want OLine. Let's trade down and get a bunch of Oline...that'll work. LOL

We don't 'want' O-line-we NEED O-LINE. I've never seen smaller pockets in my life, or running lanes. Absolutely no hole to run through at all.

OJ was in the league two whole years before anyone noticed him because he didn't have a line to block for him. Derek Anderson had the season he did that first year cause we had an awesome line.

Had practically the same line the next year so I don't know what happened to him (might've been the concussion, and Edwards getting stitches in his foot) but it all starts up front.

We were supposed to have RGIII at QB this year. No reason to think this year could've gone differently if he were on the field all year.

Contenders? No, but at least something that was more hopeful of the light that could be at the end of the tunnel.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
First, I'm not sold on the ability to evaluate any talent let alone a good QB where there are only so so prospects.

Second, we'll get him killed week one if this line isn't addressed. Alvin Bailey, I needn't say anymore...

No you needn't. It's time we built something like the Redskins Hogs of the early 80's.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
This team has VERY little talent. Draft talent IF that is even possible. Spend some money in FA. The question is this: Can this FO identify and bring talent to the team? If not, it won't matter how many draft picks or how much money they have to spend. This team would have trouble beating a decent college team. That is a fact.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
R
Legend
Legend
R
--Haden was getting burned off the line every play by Beckham. Don't know why they didn't go to him more often. I think Haden has had an underrated season, but today was a very poor showing. I think his confidence is shot. It would be a reward for him to leave this franchise, but a fresh start is probably best for him and the team. His technique is a mess.

--Coleman scored a TD, but he doesn't seem like much to me. I think he's just a guy with a little bit of talent. Doesn't seem to try very hard. I thought he could have made a better play on the ball he tried to tip up to himself on the fourth down play. It seemed half hearted.

--Our offensive coordinator is not good. After a nice long pass to Pryor to gain some momentum, he called a screen to our fullback. Then the comedy of errors began, McCown couldn't accurately complete a screen pass and our fullback fell down while catching it 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Next play, false start. All momentum gone. Hey, Browns are going to Browns.

--I don't think anyone should get excited when the Browns appear to keep it close or gain momentum. It's like playing with your kid brother. You might let him hang around a little bit ... toy with him, but you'll turn it on when you need to. That's what happens with the Browns against every other team.

--Defense played solid. Played a bit inspired. But we don't really have anyone that can make a play when we need it. They tried.

--Boddy-Calhoun is a guy you continue to develop.

--My bold prediction about Pryor. The losing is getting to him. He's always yelling at someone on the sideline because well, his team sucks and no one can make a play. He's been saying all the right things, but the Browns will lowball him as negotiations begin. He'll feel disrespected and will not be here next year. The disrespect plus the losing won't override his desire to play for Hue.

--Wherever he ends up, someone should teach him to run in the correct direction.

--Ditto for Duke Johnson. I would take a dozen Duke Johnsons though. Guy is tough and has heart and plays that way.

--This coaching staff has been a crushing disappointment. The announcers were laughing at Hue for starting every game with that silly formation. The announcers, the guys that are supposed to be objective, couldn't contain themselves.

D
Legend
Legend
D
*If players on losing teams ever deserved a game ball, Boddy-Calhoun does.

*Good game for Pryor. He's legit. Coleman flashed a little bit. All our receivers need to stop giving up yards after the catch, to try to get more. Trust me guys, you're fast, but not that fast.

*Speaking of receivers, what's the word on Josh Gordon?

*Speaking of receivers, Beckham is good.

* Saw lots of two TE offense today. Devalve may or may not be good. Telfer doesn't really impress me. Barnidge has regressed. We need a TE.

*Duke Johnson looks more like a feature back than Crowell to me. At least he can pass protect. I saw him flip a pass rush DL running free towards McCown. He also doesn't tackle himself like Crowell, plus he's a damn good receiver.

* There's more, but what's the diff?

Legend
Legend
Twelfth verse, same as the first.

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm Henry the eight I am ; Henry the eight I am , I am

T
Legend
Legend
T
The honeymoon period with Hue Jackson is over.

I think Mike Pettine would have had a better record at this point than 0-12

Hey, even Terry Robiskie had a win, in his interim period as coach.

Hue Jackson appears to be a character face to me.

Hue Jackson appears way too happy for me, and it ticks me off!

Maybe Hue Jackson could stay on in a coordinator role in 2017????????????????

Halfway through todays game, I was contemplating, " is it entirely unprecedented for a team to suspend the head coach for the final 4 games of a season, going with the in house assistant, in the hopes of avoiding a winless year?????????????

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
L
Legend
Legend
L
So it's hue's fault?

Not the obvious lack of talent and all the young players, but the coach, is the culprit? That's what you seem to be saying.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I will say it again , I wish Hue would be a Head Coach and leave the Offense to a real OC .

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Boddy-Calhoun was a bright spot, our defence in general played pretty well today - although Eli was kept pretty clean , hardly any pass rush - but when the Giants really needed to, they took it down the field.
Haden did a good job overall I thought, covering a really quick receiver.

On offence, McCown wasted many opportunities with his inaccuracy. A little off on many throws, his 322 yards passing is a mirage, really. And I hate watching him in the pocket, he doesn't seem to buy extra time with subtle movements of his feet.
Hue kept the running game going until he had to air it out. what a slow, plodding offence to watch though, excruciating.
I expect to see RG3 in two weeks, nothing left to lose. Even Hogan would be better at this juncture.
The fumble return for the TD was so demoralizing, as was their final TD drive.
I will say we showed some fight today, we didn't quit. I don't think we will go winless, I bet we beat San Diego and maybe even Cincinnati.
And Erving sucks, as does blitz pickups too often.

SD has been under rated on this board for a long time ... our best shot is Cinci ...

SD's better than Pitt ... they'd be winning our crap ass division ...

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Nobody can argue that we don't need OLine help. I mean, the amount of injuries, concussions, sacs and hits tells you our OLine is junk. Granted Bitonio is out but, at the least we need a center. Maybe Reiter is the guy, he looked great. But, that is basing on a small sample size. Pasztor is not the answer....so, at the least we need to address Center and Tackle.

Back to today's game...Boddy-Calhoun had a good game.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
I will say it again , I wish Hue would be a Head Coach and leave the Offense to a real OC .

Mike McCarthy?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: waterdawg

This is what everyone was touting Hue as... an offensive/QB guru. Who are you going to get? Who wants to coach the Browns with the Criminal as the owner...nobody! That's the reality of this thing.

B
Legend
Legend
B
We need a lot of things.

I have to set my priorites.

First, we need a QB unless RGIII lights it up down the stretch. Even then, he is a frail person. We still need a QB. The question is where do we draft him? If someone stands out, then we probably need to take him at #1. No doubt he won't be the best player on the board, but if he can be a legit top 10 player on the board, then we need to take him.

Second priority is a pass rush. I know we need O-line help, but a pass rush helps everything on D. I really want Garrett or Allen, but if we go QB with the first pick, they won't be available. My next target would be Derrick Barnett of Tennessee. He should be around with our 2nd round pick. I'd even trade up a bit to get him. We have to pressure the QB.

I think we can address corner and O-line in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Then again, maybe scrap a high pick QB this year, go DL and OL in the first.

Any way you cut it, it won't all happen in the draft this year.

That's why I hope we do decide to be fairly active in the FA market. No real sense in talking that until you know who hits the market in Feb, but we can fill a few holes there.

I think we will. I think that Haslam is fairly hands off when it comes to player selection, etc, but he does have to protect his business. While winning this year might not be a priority, I think it important to start showing some results next season. I think he is going to step in and urge his team to bring in a few proven players to fill some holes and post up some wins.

As a owner, with a $billion invested, you can't keep losing thousands of season ticket holders each year. I know just in my section we lost some, and expect to see fewer familiar faces next year, and I sit in the club seats. Many of those seats are held by companies who use them for business purposes. They are going to keep them pretty much no matter what. It's just a cost of doing business. You spend money on advertising, you send money on entertainment and promotion. $3000 on a couple of seats a season is a fairly inexpensive way to host a client or give to a customer. The four seats next to me are owned by someone, though I have never met him. It's always a different froup of folks, mostly employees/friends who sit in them. They tell me he has different seats he sits in. I would imagine other locations are seeing a big exit in fans who don't use them as a business expense. That is Joe fan who is getting tired of spending money on a losing product.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Nothing that everyone has has not already said...

*Going for it on 4th down and running to get it...this was good. Disappointing to only get 3 points

*D played well and got some pressure on Eli today

*Thank goodness Eli was off early as Haden was beat early on --> OBJ was Cruz were mostly held in check for guys of their caliber

* It must be last season agains b/c someone mentioned Hue's game face..thought we'd never talk that again after Pet left wink

*The lack of offense in the 3rd quarter...still a bane for us

*TP trying to be a leader for the team..man we need a bunch of guys being more vocal and getting this team fired up.

*Giants tried to gift wrap a win for us and we could not take advantage

* I still like Hue as a HC and think he needs an OC...I'm surprise he wanted to do both

*I would love to get a big-n-tall TE to attack the middle of the field...I don't care that we try and run a ball control passing game but we need a middle of the field weapon

*We have to play perfect ball to win...we cannot fumble or give ints...it was that easy today

*The bye week is coming at a good time..D is OK and O-Line is not bad...I think 1 win after the bye can really get everyone to relax

*We need to groom a real punt returner and let them do the job...

*Too many untimely false starts and using timeouts for delay of games...just mental errors

*Grecko going out and Bailey stepping in...the MASH unit continues for this team on injuries

*Red zone offense execution and play calling could be improved

*Somebody in the chat mentioned shortening the playbook and simplifying the O...maybe?

*Hoyer takes a lot of shots when he is throwing...how he can stay in there is beyond me - you can't question his toughness...makes me wonder if his arm is off and impacting his accuracy?

Well, be interesting to see if the FO comes out and says anything and see how RGIII preps...be interesting to see if he dials in on TP as a #1....

I think we get a win or 2...I think we should have had 4 wins this year....water under the bridge but that is how I see it smile

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." [Mark Twain]
O
Legend
Legend
O
another suckfest.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I wouldn't totally blame Hue. He was built up to be a better developer of players than he may really be. Look at the raw materials this FO left for him to build into a team. I'd just like them all to admit it. They didn't actually have the talent they believed they had and THAT leaves me skeptical of the future.

Legend
Legend
Hue needs to decide if he wants to manage a team or the offense. I don't think he can do both effectively.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
They competed. Thats all i ask.

Boddy-Calhoun and Kirksey had pretty good games on defense.

Eli had great accuracy today and it made our secondary look suspect.

I can't wait for the day where a Browns QB will be accurate and have an arm to make great plays.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
--Coleman scored a TD, but he doesn't seem like much to me. I think he's just a guy with a little bit of talent. Doesn't seem to try very hard. I thought he could have made a better play on the ball he tried to tip up to himself on the fourth down play. It seemed half hearted.

The effort level was mostly after the game was over and McCown was, once again, underthrowing him by half a mile.

Coleman was crushing his guy all day, but McCown is easily the worst QB on our roster and could not get him the ball most of the time.

It's absolutely frustrating to see Pryor and Coleman and others wide open and our stupid QB's miss them all the time. It's sickening.

you had a good run Hank.
B
All Pro
All Pro
B

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Quote:
I think that Haslam is fairly hands off when it comes to player selection

Sure about that? See Manziel, Johnny.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Hue needs to decide if he wants to manage a team or the offense. I don't think he can do both effectively.

I am agreed with this.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
our defence in general played pretty well today

rofl

we didn't quit.

Some players quit months ago.

And Erving sucks

This was said well over a year ago.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Is it April yet?

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
Legend
Legend
One thing that really baffles me..

Duke Johnson continuing to be our punt returner... This should be Coleman's job. period.

Also, on the Odell score where he scored on Haden. Was Collins jogging? Looked to me like he said screw that, and let up.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
the fact that Duke continues to be the PR ... and STINKS at it, is baffling.

And I'm tired of Loius at KR too ... too slow and not very smart

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk
Was Collins jogging? Looked to me like he said screw that, and let up.

Yep.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Although we didn't win, I think my favorite play of the game was going for it on 4th down and running to pick it up. We actually ran the ball like we're supposed to do. We need to primarily be a running team, this is what I want to see. We are WAY WAY too pass happy at times and it makes me sick...

We totally lack an identity on offense and a main part of that is due to the offensive line. With no offensive line you can't be anything. In next year's draft I think the first couple selections should be the easiest in the history of the NFL position wise.

1 = Quarterback Mitch Trubisky, NC.
18= Center Pat Elflein, OSU or Cam Robinson OT, Alabama
33 = Best offensive line available
45 = Gareon Conley, CB, OSU

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
since 1999 this is what this team as evolved into.
and people still shell out hard earned money to see a minor league team
at major league prices
it's baffling.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2016 NFL Season Looking Back Browns 13 Giants 27 Post game thoughts.

Link Copied to Clipboard