Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
O
Do you think that Watson will make it past the 49ers pick at number two?

Let me preface this by saying I am not pimping Watson. He has good leadership skills, but in my opinion doesn't have anything in his quarterbacking skill-set that is elite.

This scenario assumes we would trade up with the Eagles pick.

My thought is that the FO would like to get Garrett and Watson. The problem with that is the 49ers would be more likely to choose Watson than they would Garrett. If we take Garrett with the first pick then we would have to be assured that the 49ers do not want Watson. If we took Watson, then we may be able to swing a deal with the 49ers in order to land Garrett.

Do you think that Watson will make it past the second pick?

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
If 49ers take a QB, should we just trade up and draft Allen at 3? If we can somehow get the 7th pick, that'd be what? A second rounder, next year's first, and the 7th pick? I hate to count chickens before they hatch, but it might be an opportunity.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
If 49ers take a QB, should we just trade up and draft Allen at 3? If we can somehow get the 7th pick, that'd be what? A second rounder, next year's first, and the 7th pick? I hate to count chickens before they hatch, but it might be an opportunity.

I'd strongly consider that.

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
J/c

If the current draft media talk is correct (I'm not saying it is or isn't) but if they are correct Watson should last well past pick #2.

Also I don't think this front office is gonna trade premium assets to move up.

Legend
Legend
Watson could last until pick 3 if the Jets, Bears, and 49'ers all pass on a QB.

Those teams are the competition.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
Legend
V
Watson could last until round 2 if the Browns aren't dumb enough to take him in the first.

Legend
Legend
He's definitely worth a first over trubisky.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Swish
He's definitely worth a first over trubisky.
Maybe if you merged the two QB's into one QB, they would then be worth a first round pick.

Legend
Legend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApyOs_tH-mU

#1 That Ball was actually in a really good spot. It wasn't the greatest spot it could be in but it was in a really good spot and #19 was extremely lazy in his effort to get it. At the worst the should have been an incompletion.

#2 Didn't get enough on the ball. It was a stare down though and if CB didn't get it the FS would have.

#3 Stare down and looked to be off back foot. Allowed for 2 defenders to be in the area.

#4 Not enough on ball

#5 Staring down receiver lead Zone backer right to play

#6 Staring down reciever lead FS right to the play

#7 Got it and ball came out funny but it was a stare down that would have been pick at next level anyway IMO

#8 Again #19 with a lazy effort. He had position and the ball was where it needed to be.

#9 Not enough on ball again. Stare down didn't help. An NFL FS would have been there.

#10 Telegraphed where he was going with ball again and again a Zone defender was lead right to the play(A little harder in a roll out sitution as that defender would have been near there anyway but my goodness man High Schoolers will look at the short throw first and then go over his head)

#11 Batted ball. Going to have those at 6'2. Also a slightly low release IMO.

#12 Not a bad decision by any means. It was 3rd down an 8 and had a great match up for your guy to win that jump ball situation. But again the stare down lead more bodies there than needed to be there. Also got to put it up higher and its a TD

#13 Stare down the whole way lead #4 right to the play.

He's been arguably worse this year. Malik Hooker is gonna feast in the bowl game.

Legend
Legend
Love how the haters go straight to the negatives.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
I'm a supporter of drafting Garrett/Allen

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V
[quote=Swish]Love how the haters go straight to the negatives. [/quote

Priceless.

Legend
Legend
Love how the haters go straight to the negatives.

You're allowed to post positives. I just detailed why I have problems with him.

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
I'm curious why you posted only Watson's interceptions?

Legend
Legend
Because the glorious TD passes and runs out weigh his agenda.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Watson is the truth. This guy is gonna lead a franchise to glory, so of course nobody wants anything to do with him.

Nah, we like the one hit wonder, play nobody and still have less TD's than Watson players like Trubisky.

Or better yet, let's draft the guy who got benched during the season in Kizer. Cause we like failures around here.

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
They all look like failures to me B)

Legend
Legend
What if Myles garret is a bust?

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
What if Myles garret is a bust?
I think it's plausible, but unlikely. But that's why I do like Jonathan Allen a bit more.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Watson is the truth

In your eyes ....

Quote:
This guy is gonna lead a franchise to glory, so of course nobody wants anything to do with him.

2nd rnd I wouldn't be thrilled ... 3rd rnd ... now your talking ... thumbsup

Quote:
Nah, we like the one hit wonder, play nobody and still have less TD's than Watson players like Trubisky.

Who had more picks and by how many? ... TD/interception ratio? ..

The one year bothers me ... play nobody? .. there in the same conference ... no?

Not sure where i'd draft Mitch if he comes out ... will let u know where I'd feel comfie taking him AFTER I WATCH MORE OF HIS GAMES ... you've admitted you drew your conclusions after watching TWO WHOLE GAMES of his ...

Quote:
Or better yet, let's draft the guy who got benched during the season in Kizer. Cause we like failures around here.

I would consider him in the 2nd rnd with our 2nd pick ... maybe .. to innacurate for me ...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My prediction (which like anybody else's prediction will get you a venti machiatto latte at starbucks if you happen to also have $7.50 in your pocket) is that Hue will fall in love with one of the QB's at the senior bowl and that we will draft that Qb with pick #33 (or trade up if they want to get a 5th year on his rookie contract.

My 2nd prediction (also requiring $7.50 ... ) is that that Qb will be Davis Webb.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
Watson is the truth. This guy is gonna lead a franchise to glory, so of course nobody wants anything to do with him.

Nah.

We like the undersized, gimmicky spread offensive guys who just chuck it. Might as well be drafting Manziel or Colt McCoy.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: edromeo
I'm curious why you posted only Watson's interceptions?

Because I was explaining why I do not want him.

Oh look Swish, he's not even the best QB in his conference.

Legend
Legend
but he's the best QB for this team.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Why?

Because he sucks?

Legend
Legend
Because he is great

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
What game would suggest first for a breakdown of Watson?

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Swish. You're persistent dude. CRAZY but persistent.

Hopefully Watson and Kizer go Top 5. Leaves us with another potential STUD at the Philly pick.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Hmmm ... lets ask Vers ... i'll also ask him if we should play ping pong or just do one first ..

If he thinks doing one at a time is the smart way to go .. i say we look at Watson first since we know he's going to come out ...

YO VERS ...

Should we play ping pong and go back and forth between the two or should we just focus on one at a time ...

Either way ... witch game u think we should start with for "The Truth" ... *LOL* ..

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Hmmm ... lets ask Vers ... i'll also ask him if we should play ping pong or just do one first ..

If he thinks doing one at a time is the smart way to go .. i say we look at Watson first since we know he's going to come out ...

YO VERS ...

Should we play ping pong and go back and forth between the two or should we just focus on one at a time ...

Either way ... witch game u think we should start with for "The Truth" ... *LOL* ..

I think you can "ping pong." Be interesting to see how posters evaluate both. It should be easy to see posters who are obviously biased one way or the other. We can dismiss them and concentrate on guys who give honest answers.

Watson has three games that we can start with. I don't think the order of the three matters as much as these three should be the first three. They are: Auburn, Troy, and Florida State. Probably wanna look at the Pit game fourth.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
dratfbreakdown has Auburn, GT and Louisville available from 2016.

Here is a link to the Auburn video. I didn't look at any of them yet to remain unbiased in which I picked. Selected Auburn because they were the 1st game. We can add the other videos after this game is discussed.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/deshaun-watson-vs-auburn-2016/

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
Doesnt matter to me. I actually have notes on the Tech game already so that's where I cast my vote.

Im hitting the gym, then will have time to get the thread up before the 1pm games.

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
don't forget noonkick.com has full games, including Pitt and the Bowl game

D
Legend
Legend
D
Whatever u guys decide is fine with me ...

U should check with the refs before starting a new thread ... they may not want that many threads on QB breakdowns ...

They may be fine with it .. I would ask first though ...

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
Lol, somebody make a decision...Auburn? going once...

V
Legend
Legend
V
Auburn would be a very good choice.

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
Auburn it is...um...who are the refs/how contact?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: edromeo
Lol, somebody make a decision...Auburn? going once...

I would go with Auburn since the video is already linked smile

V
Legend
Legend
V
You can ask in the Fan Feedback forum.

I wonder if starting a thread called something like Breaking Down the QBs would be a good title? That way we could keep all of those posts together and eliminate the "I really like this guy or this guy is trash...." comments.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 12/11/16 10:50 AM.
O
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
O
Is there a possibility that Hue suffers from smartest man in the room syndrome? Where he has to pick guys who are long shots in the hope that if he hits paydirt then he becomes a true QB guru?

Leave it to us to corner the top pick this year.

During the Thursday night game, the media remarked that when they said that there wasn't a franchise QB in this year's draft, Hue responded with, something to the effect, there is one out there. He has Pep filling his water bottle.

Are we just gonna throw away 2nd and 3rd round picks for the next 5 years until we hit an above average Andy Dalton type that will tease us for 10 years?

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season 2017 NFL Draft Will Watson last till pick #3?

Link Copied to Clipboard