Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: jaybird
I just hope it's not houston.... I'm excited to get to see the Browns up close again next year
IIRC Houston just went to London a few years ago? I think we'll go with either JAX or someone who hasn't gone

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
https://twitter.com/RuiterWrongFAN/status/808003150401703936

Daryl RuiterVerified account
‏@RuiterWrongFAN Daryl Ruiter Retweeted Anthony Lima
I am hearing it in fact will be a home game for #Browns.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
https://twitter.com/RuiterWrongFAN/status/808003150401703936

Daryl RuiterVerified account
‏@RuiterWrongFAN Daryl Ruiter Retweeted Anthony Lima
I am hearing it in fact will be a home game for #Browns.

figures

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
bank on it being Jacksonville, Tennessee, or NY Jets

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
I like our chances if we are playing a team FROM the UK cool

The Browns would probably get relagated if we played an English team.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
G
Rookie
Rookie
G
Unbelievable, i have seen this flag in miami this season. Last row at the height of the 20-yard line. I'm about 15 rows under it sat. See you in London, my friend. Greets from germany & go Browns !

G
Rookie
Rookie
G
Unbelievable, i have seen this flag in miami this year. Last row at the height of the 20-yard line. I'm about 15 rows under it sat. See you in London, my friend. Greets from germany

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: GermanBrown
Unbelievable, i have seen this flag in miami this year. Last row at the height of the 20-yard line. I'm about 15 rows under it sat. See you in London, my friend. Greets from germany

And this is what it's all about...the camaraderie, the coming together of those with a like interest, from near and far. So much better than the name-calling, the bullying, and the insults hurled around here at times...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
Legend
Why would anyone over seas want to see the Browns? Doesn't make sense to me.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
I said the same thing about Jacksonville. But they have fans showing up.

There's also a decent amount of fans in Germany, who I'm sure will make the trip. It's only 8 hours to drive to London from Mannheim, including the Euro tunnel travel time.

Last edited by Swish; 12/12/16 11:53 AM.

β€œTo announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
On the negative side I don't like NFL regular season games being played outside the U.S.A. at all. If you want to see an NFL game, come to the USA and see it. Much like I would do if I wanted to see a regular season Premier league soccer game in the UK, I'd have to go there. Send them a bunch of preseason games.

On the positive side the Brown's play on Nat'l TV. But it could turn negative also when Jr. shows up to watch the Brown's play. Then his reverse Midas touch turns the game into a steaming crap show.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Hey, I wonder if Randy Lerner will come see us!

Looks like Sprial was about an hour ahead of me there. wink

Last edited by Brownoholic; 12/12/16 02:35 PM.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Limeydawg
Ill be there if this comes off.

Been a Browns fan in England since 1987 and have been to Cleveland a number of times to watch some ''home' games, including this year and our away game this season in Miami.

Dont care that we are playing [censored] right now and lets face it we REALLY are [censored] but just seeing our Browns in London will be good enough for me and all the other British Browns Backers in England.

If any of you come over for the game you'll have a great time in London.

Photo below of me in the #57 jersey with my flag and with my good friend Howie in the Muni lot for this years Ravens game.

http://prod.images.browns.clubs.nflcdn.c...&height=720

Gald to see you are still kicking, Limey!

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk
Why would anyone over seas want to see the Browns? Doesn't make sense to me.

There are more than you think. I have a three friends on another board who come over for at least 1 game a year. Many times two if we play back to back weeks or one othe the others is an away game that makes sense for them on the trip.

Two live in the Cotswalds, in the country just north of London, the other lives in Scotland. The three got hooked as youngsters during the Kardiac Kids era.

There are, or were a lot of American GI's stationed in the Isles, so it wasn't that hard for people to watch American football.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Then end the NFL and Make it the World League Football League...

Gives me a better reason to stop watching and keeping my focus on Collage and High school American Football.

I don't like...nor will I ever like Soccer (football) So I really don't give a damn it's popular here..

Guess I will spend my Sundays fishing with the kids and grand kids...

The greed for $$$ has ruined many of things... Pro Sports is topping my list.

A
Legend
Legend
A
You are correct that greed ($$$$$) is ruining a lot of things.

In the constant quest for more revenue, leagues are expanding out of the country. Nascar also comes to mind.

That's all well and good. But is the gain out of country worth the loss in country?

I go back to racing - this time IRL. (indy racing league). In order to emulate F1, the irl went to a pretty even split of ovals, and road tracks.

When is the last time you heard of IRL, other than the Indy 500?

Exactly.

And it hasn't helped the IRL.

Remember the series that rivaled the IRL, back when the IRL was actually racing on ovals, instead of doing the road parades where the only passing was on pit road? I remember it, but I can't say the name of the league, as I don't remember it.

However, it was all "gotta do road courses, that's what the foreign fans want." yup, put another nail in the coffin of open wheel racing.

In the ever increasing desire to increase revenue, the nfl will very possibly see the same results: Less interest here in the states. Add in all the injury stuff, penalties, rules even the players don't understand, the ever increasing pay.

The nfl will start to struggle.

And soccer - I can stand to watch my niece or nephew play. But trust me, soccer in h.s. is killing other sports at small to medium size schools. It's fine - the kids are playing a sport they want to. But it does affect other sports. And that's fine as well.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

When is the last time you heard of IRL, other than the Indy 500?

The Honda 200 down in Mid-Ohio! Used to go all the time as a kid. I didn't even realize they were still racing down there. Took my family down for my son's 7th birthday a couple years ago. Good times. thumbsup

But, your point remains, other than the Indy 500 nobody cares about IRL racing.

To your point about soccer becoming very popular in schools...

Lacrosse has become quite popular as well in schools, at least near me. Football has seen a decline in participation.

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

Browns will play Vikings in London's Twickenham Stadium in 2017.Exact date and time still TBA.Slated for week 7 or 8.

#gmSTRONG
R
Legend
Legend
R
How do they determine who the home teams are?

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
Legend
Legend
Browns to Play Vikings in 2017 NFL London Game
Posted 11 minutes ago

Clevelandbrowns.com
@Browns Facebook

Browns selected to play in London

The Browns will participate in their first regular season international game in franchise history when they host the Minnesota Vikings in one of four 2017 NFL International Series games in London.

The exact date and time will be announced at a later date, but the regular season matchup is slated for either Week 7 or 8 at Twickenham Stadium.

The NFL has actively expressed interest in the Browns participating in a London game for the past three seasons, and the league again requested Cleveland’s participation in 2017. As the Browns have been designated as an International Series host team, the Browns will hold nine home games in Cleveland next season.

"The NFL is commendably dedicated to developing football at all levels within the United States and throughout the globe, and we share in that commitment to help make our game as great as possible and the opportunities to bring it to more people, both within our community and in other regions,” said Dee and Jimmy Haslam. β€œWe appreciate the opportunity provided by the league selecting our team to join the many others who have represented their cities and the league internationally, as well as the unique experience it will give to our great fans who will join us in London and those who live overseas."
β€œWe are excited to represent our team, our city and our fans in London,” said Head Coach Hue Jackson. β€œThis will be a great opportunity for our players to compete in a new environment and to benefit from the experience of playing in a game that receives as much attention as these international games.”
Including 2017 teams, 27 of 32 NFL teams have played in London or Mexico at least once since 2007, and 22 have played in an international game since 2013. All 32 NFL teams ultimately will be selected to participate in International Series games.
What does this mean if I’m a season ticket member?

– Season ticket members will not pay a higher average ticket price than they did in 2016 and the overall cost of season tickets will be reduced because the ticket package will decrease from 10 games to nine.

– The International Series game will not directly impact per game ticket prices for Browns season ticket members and will not directly impact prices for individual game tickets for all fans throughout the season.

How can I go?
– Browns season ticket members will have a special window to access tickets to the International Series game. Information on the availability, on-sale date and other details will be provided to season ticket members at a to-be-determined date following the release of the full 2017 NFL schedule.

– Fans can enter to win two tickets, free airfare and hotel accommodations below.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/arti...61?sf46275545=1

#gmSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
Season ticket members will not pay a higher average ticket price than they did in 2016 and the overall cost of season tickets will be reduced because the ticket package will decrease from 10 games to nine.

Reduced?

That doesn't sound very specific. Will the price for one full game be taken off of the total cost or not? Reduced seems to be such a general term.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I'm most likely going. Should be a fun time.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
When asked how he expected the Browns to fair on the international stage, Hue replied, "I know the British people stream our games now so I don't anticipate us to embarrass ourselves anymore than usual".

#GMSTRONG
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
get smoked by vikings...should be fun to watch Adrian Petterson anyway

I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
When asked how he expected the Browns to fair on the international stage, Hue replied, "I know the British people stream our games now so I don't anticipate us to embarrass ourselves anymore than usual".

he sounds like a fan burning the team..lol

I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
Legend
Legend
Might be a relief after the lame turnout we have been getting. They must be more eager than us to see them. Or are the Vikes a huge draw over there already?

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Ya think? wink

#GMSTRONG
L
Legend
Legend
L
I guess it was our turn.

Wonder if it'll be a 9 a.m. start, EST.... IIRC the league was looking at making England games start later.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
They said that they will have games start at 1pm EST. 6 PM London Time

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Am so looking forward to this now - will be my 1st game, live! Twickenham is also better than Wembley IMO - can't wait!!

Legend
Legend
Remember, guys, if you're trying to bring the fam make sure you start buying the tickets as soon as possible.

Also, europcar.com is the place to go if you plan on driving around London and/or going to mainland Europe, the Eurotunnel to cross is anywhere from 30-90 bucks round trip.

β€œTo announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: drobs
Am so looking forward to this now - will be my 1st game, live! Twickenham is also better than Wembley IMO - can't wait!!

I'm sorry but Twickenham is not acceptable, you'll have to sell the naming rights before the NFL will return. How about Dixons Carphone Stadium?

#GMSTRONG
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Originally Posted By: drobs

I'm sorry but Twickenham is not acceptable, you'll have to sell the naming rights before the NFL will return. How about Dixons Carphone Stadium?

Ha! laugh I'm not English, I'm Welsh, so they can call it the Immodium Experience centre for all I care laugh

L
Rookie
Rookie
L
Wow, your right that was me. Would be glad to meet up in London if you can make it. Can probably get you a ticket through our Backers club if you need it also?

Funnily enough I'm actuall half German myself. My mother came from Osnabruck. Private message me if you like.

Alle beste ( probably incorrect German, LOL)

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
I'm excited I get to continue with watching the Browns play in every NFL city, and now the opportunity to travel abroad. I may have never gone if not for this game.

Is EnglishDawg still on the board at all. I've had a few good times in Cleveland with him, would hope to reconnect out in England.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Did anyone find the answer to the question I asked earlier about the price reduction for season ticket holders?

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

Did anyone find the answer to the question I asked earlier about the price reduction for season ticket holders?

Not for sure, but I would guess the season ticket holder will be charged 1/10 less for their tickets. They do have, as I understand it, first shot at tickets for the game in London, but if they don't want those, I'm sure their season tickets will reflect just 9 games, rather than 10.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I'd be good w/that.

It's just that reference to price "reduction" kinda threw me. Sounds too general. If I still had my season tix, I would want a full refund for the one game I wasn't able to attend.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I'd be good w/that.

It's just that reference to price "reduction" kinda threw me. Sounds too general. If I still had my season tix, I would want a full refund for the one game I wasn't able to attend.

I'm sure that's what happens...but ask a season ticket holder come renewal time.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns to London?

Link Copied to Clipboard