Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1208803 12/18/16 04:49 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
0-14 ... even in the worst of years, I never expected this ... it's tougher to go 0-14 than 14-0

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Horton should take the noble way out and put his hands in a basket of asps.

#GMSTRONG
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
we are that good at it

I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Bad just bad I need to get my old tapes out with Kosar and company to sooth my soul ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
C
2nd String
2nd String
C
Time to blow everything up again!
Record for most hc's on a nfl payroll?
Think the season was long?
Just wait till the off season.

Thanks art!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
Bad just bad I need to get my old tapes out with Kosar and company to sooth my soul ...

I think Kosar and those late 80's Browns would beat this team, even though most of them are in their 50's now.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I'm not about blowing it up ... but I do think Horton needs to go

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: ClevelandStadium
Time to blow everything up again!
Record for most hc's on a nfl payroll?
Think the season was long?
Just wait till the off season.

SOMETHING needs to be blown up.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
C
2nd String
2nd String
C
Need to just demolish the stadium and build a Church.

Thanks art!
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
A new staff and front office mounting a rebuild is supposed to struggle, and draft-wise, 0-16 is better than 3-13. But 0-16 is also alarming. We may not have the right coach, and it may be that we have to start over, yet again. I don't think a good can ever lose every game.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Tough team to watch. Plodding offence, atrocious run D.
We do nothing well on defence, we are below average in every facet.
#15, the new guy, provided a bit of a spark returning kicks.

I shook my head at the Barnidge drop, the Pryor drop. Just brutal.
RG3 looked better this week IMO. Not great but clearly better.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
C
2nd String
2nd String
C
Offense sucks.
Defence sucks.
Special team sucks.
Coaches suck.
Ownership sucks.
Miss lerner!

Thanks art!
Rookie
Rookie
I can't take it anymore but I'll watch next week.
man I have no life!

Last edited by trebuhcs; 12/18/16 05:01 PM.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Penalties continue to hurt us. Too many 2nd and 15 or more. We are so bad we need to be near perfect to be in the game. The good news? We can't get any wors...... oh yeah, we can, but it'll be hard to do.

But, we can't be firing any coordinators: we need to go into next year with the same schemes and terminology, hopefully we improve in the draft and get a couple solid free agents, and hope this year's rookie class improves big-time in 2017.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'd like Hue to stay but give up the offense. I don't know how creative he really is but with this inexperienced, untalented bunch he got too cute at times when SIMPLE should have been the order of the day.

Horton didn't have alot to work with either but Id like to see something different. We've seen his lousy bag of tricks before and frankly I've had enough.

The FO, if indeed they're as smart as they think, will draft quality and stop stockpiling picks while drafting
Mediocrity. Fix an area if it eats a good portion of your picks, so be it.

This franchise has squandered enough high picks since their return to build the greatest juggernaut in history!
I don't hold too much help that these so called geniuses can or will right the ship.

P
Legend
Legend
P
2 top 10 picks so far let's hope we use them on the best player available ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
RG3 kept this game from being a shut out.

Other than that...another Sunday, another loss

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Hmm...I think Jonathan Allen would be a nice addition to that line to help stop the run. But, that's for another discussion.

Even though Griffin looked somewhat better, the telecast never really shows me what I want to see, which is: are the WRs actually getting open. If they aren't, then I can't really give Griffin a beatdown because it is more sensible to not try and force one into coverage. If they are, then, the opposite is true. Some people want to say you have to throw a receiver open, and that can work on a better overall team than we have. Interceptions are a death blow for us at this point.

I don't think the O-line was guilty of not giving him enough time to read/locate the receivers, there were a few times I counted to three as I watched, and he was still not getting undue pressure.

Does that indicate we are not calling the right plays for our WRs to get the ball? I don't think I saw one slant pass today. Are all the routes simply "go deep"?

M
Legend
Legend
M
- RGIII is bad. He's about the equivalent of Thaddeus Lewis.

- Pryor didn't do himself any favors in the contract department. Very unimpressive. Balls bouncing off his facemark and dropping the deep pass.

- This defense is putrid. Oh, so is the offense.

- The Bills rushed 40 times for 280 yards and 3 TDs.

- About half the team has thrown in the towel on the season.

- The Browns have not had a lead in a game since November 10th.

- Danny Vitale finally caught a ball!

- Even the Browns official Twitter account is struggling. Had a tough day in the spelling department....

Legend
Legend
I want to point out how hot and cold Crow is.

I would like to see the new RB next week. I mean Green Bay has a freaking WR playing RB and got over 100 yards rushing.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Amen. I definitely want to see the new running back to see what he can do. Any new players with intrigue are exciting.

Also think we need to at least look at others starting at running back at some point. I don't know if its the offensive line but Crow leaves a lot to be desired.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Agreed but take heart, it will be all the more sweet when this team contends for the division in 2018.!! thumbsup

M
Legend
Legend
M
Hue on Novemeber 7th:

“I am not going to play musical chairs with our quarterback,” Jackson said.

Hue at today's postgame press conference:

Jeff Schudel
@jsproinsider

Hue Jackson asked about changing quarterbacks "Everything is on the table. Everyone is in play."

This team is not going anywhere until that position is finally resolved. What a mess.

Legend
Legend
QB play was the least of our problems today.

Run blocking, running backs period, WR getting no separation, drops, defense couldn't stop a old lady with a walker from popping 5-6 yard runs.

Again, rg3is the sole reason this game wasn't a shut out.

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
2nd String
2nd String
C
Rg3 has 0 td passes in 3 games.
Its all about him.
Id rather watch kody kessler play.

Thanks art!
C
2nd String
2nd String
C
Id rather watch hogan play.
Blow this pos up again.

Thanks art!
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Horton isn't the only issue. I mean when was the last time we were able to score more than 13? Our offense has stalled, regressed....you name it they are not getting the job done. I am thinking we need a proper OC. Not sure if it is Pep but, I think Hue has enough on his plate as HC.

RG3 is also clearly not the answer. The three games he has started he has been disappointing.

I know we have a ton of injuries but, this team are 0-14 for many reasons. We have A LOT to do in the off season to help improve the team. FA has to be successful, they need to hopefully keep Collins and Pryor, but Collins will be a huge score if they retain him. And, at the very leas,t we HAVE to hit a homerun with the first 4 picks in the draft.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
we can't be firing any coordinators: we need to go into next year with the same schemes and terminology, hopefully we improve in the draft and get a couple solid free agents, and hope this year's rookie class improves big-time in 2017.

rofl rofl rofl Hope springs eternal.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
So the Buffalo game is over...went to the store to get some scented wax. the guy at the front of the store greeting people (we kinda know each other). sees me walk in, with my Browns jersey. smiles really big..."hey Cleveland, who you play toady?"

Me: the Bills

him: how bad was it?

Me: 33-13.

lol damn does not even ask if we won anymore...shame

Last edited by dawgpound101; 12/18/16 06:43 PM.

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Rg3 holds the ball longer than Kessler. I find it hard to believe that no one is open. I think after Crow's first run got called back for holding, he cashed it in. Griffin's run was nice, but other than that he sucked. Guys dropping balls is ridiculous.

The defensive backfield is the worst I've ever seen in my life. Recievers wide open, uncovered all game. TEs own this defense, it is pitiful. Last time Horton was here it was the same thing. I don't want to fire anybody, but he makes a case for it.

I kind of want to see more of Kessler with the season the way it is, mainly for him gaining experience. But I say leave Griffin in and let him take a beating like the others have.

I think many of the players have finally quit. The last game against the Steelers is going to be unwatchable. Bell will have 300 yards.

Lack of talent and experience, period. I feel sorry for Hue, I don't think this is his fault. They better sign some FAs that can impact over the offseason, because 10 more rookies are not going to help anything.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Of course people are blaming the coaches. The dumb-ass FO and crooked owner get another free pass.

How very Brown-like.

I am beginning to detest this team and some of their fans.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Boy has ol loud mouth Pryor come back to Earth or what?? What a huge drop he had and not much other than that. That was the Greg Little drop of the day. Maybe instead of complaining about the rest of the team sucking, maybe he should look in the mirror. Franchise him? lol

Congratulations to our 2016 NBA Champion CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!! Greatest comeback in sports history... Hail to the King!

The great QB guru and the Moneyball group: 1-15
Record of Criminal Haslam owned Browns: 20-60 (0.250)
V
Legend
Legend
V
Yeah, let's keep guys like Payton, Louis, and Higgins instead. That would be so Browns-like!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Yeah, let's keep guys like Payton, Louis, and Higgins instead. That would be so Browns-like!

Well I know and on this team Pryor is like an allstar, but on any good team he doesn't sniff a starting spot.

Congratulations to our 2016 NBA Champion CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!! Greatest comeback in sports history... Hail to the King!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: WhatCanBrownDo4U
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

Well I know and on this team Pryor is like an allstar, but on any good team he doesn't sniff a starting spot.

What?! saywhat

1st String
1st String
Do you want the Browns to move again? Remember model!

Groza76

Go Browns, WIN or lose, forever!
V
Legend
Legend
V
We MUST stop letting our better player leave and we must stop cutting better players and instead keeping no-talent bums to take their spots to SAVE MONEY!!!

How is that not yet obvious?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I love our fans. We were so done with Kessler. Everybody said we needed the great RG3 in there because he can go down field and light this offense up! And now? They want the great Cody Kessler back in! LOL

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: WhatCanBrownDo4U
I love our fans. We were so done with Kessler. Everybody said we needed the great RG3 in there because he can go down field and light this offense up! And now? They want the great Cody Kessler back in! LOL

I want RGIII & McCown gone next year and Kessler as the #3. That's what I want.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
3rd and 21 ..... 3rd and 21 .... AGAIN!!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2016 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 13 Bills 33 Post Game Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard