Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
It would blow away his 4 year increase of $800K, wouldn't it?

Arch, it's increased $800M, not $800K.

Thank you. My bad. M - K ? I don't usually deal in those numbers. I goofed. I misunderstated the number. smile

V
Legend
Legend
V
Show me w/links that what I said was wrong. Get lost, arch.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Show me w/links that what I said was wrong. Get lost, arch.

Oh, so you can't. Thanks.

Why do I need to get lost?

V
Legend
Legend
V
I can, but you aren't interested in the truth. Can you provide links to support your claims? I promise to say I am sorry if you are right.

You should get lost so you don't get schooled once again. Better to be silent and ignored than loud and be exposed.

A
Legend
Legend
A
I can, but you aren't interested in the truth. Can you provide links to support your claims? I promise to say I am sorry if you are right.

You should get lost so you don't get schooled once again. Better to be silent and ignored than loud and be exposed.

Dude, YOU made the claims, and you can't link to any of them.

Why would I have to link to anything to refute what is nothing but your opinion stated as fact? You stated opinions based as fact. I asked for a link to any of them.

YOU can't provide any, so you attack me. Typical of you.

Show me where Haslam volunteered to go to London for a game. You stated it - prove it. Show me where he volunteered for that game to be a 'home' game for the Browns. YOU stated it, not me.

Prove it. Link to it. I promise, if you do, I'll say I'm sorry. Man up vers, or get lost. Don't let me "school" you here. As you say, better to be silent and ignored than loud and exposed.

Waiting for just those 2 simple links saying Haslam volunteered the Browns to play a game in London, AND that he wanted it to be counted as a home game for the browns.

Look bud, you stated it as fact. Fact is easy to back up. Go ahead, back it up. Or, in your words, "get lost".

And you still haven't answered my question about how much more the Browns would be worth if they were winning. Don't you think Haslam thinks about it?

Anyway, just 2 simple links that prove haslam volunteered to play in London, AND he volunteered it to be a Browns home game.

Thanks in advance.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I really didn't read all of that rant, but I kinda know what you said because it's the same crap you always say.

Hey arch..........the Browns are 0 and 14.

They have upgraded the stadium.

They have agreed to play a home game in London.

They have agreed to move part of TC to Columbus.

They have put out multiple uniforms to increase sales of jerseys.

They have let their free agents walk.

They are the laughing stock of the entire sports' world.

Yet, you and the other geniuses on this board continue to make fun of me for stating something is wrong w/the plan. LOL.......like PT Barnum said...................there is an .... for every seat in the house.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
...the entire WR squad we drafted had a combined 600 yds and 3 TDs. And all the other draft picks save Ogbah have virtually disappeared.

Kevin Kleps
@KevinKleps

Browns' 2016 draft class:
-- 56 receptions, 709 yards, 4 TDs
-- 7 sacks

Michael Thomas: 76 catches, 883 yards, 8 TDs
Joey Bosa: 7.5 sacks

Wow. I'm guessing that includes the TE DeValve too.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Excellent reply.

Where's the link to Haslam volunteering to play in London? Or are you playing loose with terminology? See, the nfl dictates who plays in London, don't they? I'm even giving you an out here to defend your statement from an earlier post. Link to it.

And in the next link, show me where Haslam offered to make it a home game for the browns. Go on now, you have your homework.

Oh, yeah, the browns are 0-14.

Links please.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't think you want an answer. Your mind is made up.

Instead of jumping to default modes of deflection and dismissal, just answer the question: What have the coaches done that shows even the slightest, most minuscule improvement in the team? I really want to know.

Hate is a strong word, but I hear ya. And misplaced blame? Pfh, read it again. I place blame exactly where it needs to go. The plan is destined to fail because everyone involved is unqualified.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
You ask for links but provide none.

I am NOT wasting my time on a poster who is not interested in the truth. You are an agenda poster. I can't stand you. In fact, guys like you are making it harder and harder for me to root for the Browns. I try and think that other teams have fans such as you, Dep, Memphis, tab, Willie, 101, and Vambo..........but I don't read those boards. I just gotta be exposed to the trash you guys post day in and day out.

Combine the sleaze of the posters w/the sleaze of the owner and the poor performance of the team...........let's just say that rooting for the Browns is becoming harder and harder. While no one may agree w/me on here, just take a look at the seats during home games.

I'm not as alone as you may think.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I don't think you want an answer. Your mind is made up.

Instead of jumping to default modes of deflection and dismissal, just answer the question: What have the coaches done that shows even the slightest, most minuscule improvement in the team? I really want to know.

Hate is a strong word, but I hear ya.

I have answered that.

The team is still playing hard. The play calling is creative. The players believe in the coach. Want me to go on...........or is your mind closed like guys like arch?

M
Legend
Legend
M
...the entire WR squad we drafted had a combined 600 yds and 3 TDs. And all the other draft picks save Ogbah have virtually disappeared.

Kevin Kleps
@KevinKleps

Browns' 2016 draft class:
-- 56 receptions, 709 yards, 4 TDs
-- 7 sacks

Michael Thomas: 76 catches, 883 yards, 8 TDs
Joey Bosa: 7.5 sacks

Wow. I'm guessing that includes the TE DeValve too.

Indeed it does...

Kevin Kleps
@KevinKleps

Should have mentioned the receiving totals even include 8 catches, 94 yards and a TD by a TE, Seth DeValve.

Tweet

A
Legend
Legend
A
You ask for links but provide none.

I am NOT wasting my time on a poster who is not interested in the truth. You are an agenda poster. I can't stand you. In fact, guys like you are making it harder and harder for me to root for the Browns. I try and think that other teams have fans such as you, Dep, Memphis, tab, Willie, 101, and Vambo..........but I don't read those boards. I just gotta be exposed to the trash you guys post day in and day out.

Combine the sleaze of the posters w/the sleaze of the owner and the poor performance of the team...........let's just say that rooting for the Browns is becoming harder and harder. While no one may agree w/me on here, just take a look at the seats during home games.

I'm not as alone as you may think.

Typical of you here.

Super simple question: Can you, or can you not, link to where Haslam volunteered the Browns to play in London. And can you, or can you not, link to anything that says Haslam offered to make it a "home" game for the Browns.

If you can, please do. If you can't, simply say so. Your credibility on here can't go any lower.

I love how you try to put it on me: "I'm not wasting my time on a poster that's not interested in the truth."

Dude, I've been asking you for the links to your "truth". You can't provide. Admit it.

And thank you for giving me the power over you to not root for the Browns. I never knew I held such power. You must be a weak person if you let me asking you for proof of your statements about the London game to determine who you root for in the future.

Sorry bud, you can't run from your statements. Link to where Haslam volunteered the Browns to play a home game in London.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The team is still playing hard. The play calling is creative. The players believe in the coach. Want me to go on...........or is your mind closed like guys like arch?

Wow, okay, that's clearly a reach, and definitely subjective. If you can hang your hat on that, who am I to argue. Personally, my thinking is that they haven't "played hard" all year, the play calling is mediocre at best, and no one has a clue what the players think. If that makes me closed minded, so be it. Glad you see a glimmer of hope though. Truly.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Do you really think you are fooling anyone? Seriously?

V
Legend
Legend
V

Wow, okay, that's clearly a reach, and definitely subjective. If you can hang your hat on that, who am I to argue. Personally, my thinking is that they haven't "played hard" all year, the play calling is mediocre at best, and no one has a clue what the players think. If that makes me closed minded, so be it. Glad you see a glimmer of hope though. Truly.

I am just saying that we should not fire the coaches. The talent that the FO has provided them makes the battle unfair. That's all.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Do you really think you are fooling anyone? Seriously?

Do you? By deflecting?

Link to Haslam wanting a game in London, AND wanting it to be a Browns home game.

You can't - but you keep deflecting and attempting to change the topic.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I finally found a use for the Browns this year. I was tired after a poor night's sleep last night, so I turned the game on then layed down on the couch with a blanket and pillows... Was sound asleep in 10 minutes and the low noise of losing never remotely bothered me.

I occasionally opened my eyes to confirm we were losing again, but actually slept like a baby! Thanks for the great nap Browns!

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/19/16 02:41 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
My first thought is the Browns will win next week against the Chargers and damage both first round draft picks.This organization can't do anything right.

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Originally Posted By: illegalmoe
My first thought is the Browns will win next week against the Chargers and damage both first round draft picks.This organization can't do anything right.

us? damage 1st round picks?

I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I can't see us beating anybody. We've gotten worse IMO, which is really tough to do in and of itself.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B

I am just saying that we should not fire the coaches. The talent that the FO has provided them makes the battle unfair. That's all.

I don't think any(or many) want the coach fired. Some may want to see something different at a coordinator spot, but that is another story.

As for the London game, we were going to have to play their next season or the season after. Every team has to play there once every 8 years. How the home team is determined is unknown, but it wouldn't surprise me if the league takes a team who is having a hard time selling tickets and makes them the home team.

Yes, we lose a game, but the cost to season ticket holders goes down by a game. I would think that lower cost will help keep some people from dropping tickets.

I plan on keeping mine through next season to see if we start to improve. Then again, maybe I won't. At least for the short term, it would be far cheaper for me to just buy tickets to the games I want to attend. It's not like tickets are scarce.

I don't know, I have a lot of thinking to do over the next month or so before we have to renew.

What the NFL needs to do is come to their senses and adjust pre-season tickets. It does chap my ass to have to pay full price for 2 worthless exibition games. I can see having to pay maybe $25 a seat v the $150 a seat I currently have to pay.

Seems to me that would be a good way to get new fans in to the stadium and introduce them to NFL football. A family could actually afford to go down and watch some live NFL football. Use that as the Ronald McDonald effect....hook the kids and you have your hook in another fan for the next 50 years.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Peen, do you have someone who takes/buys your tickets if you don't attend?

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V
The article was already on here. How about you show me a link that says Haslam didn't want to lose a home game to London. I'll be waiting...

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

CLE-BUF GRADES: BILLS’ RUSHING ATTACK TOO MUCH FOR BROWNS

Quarterback grade: Robert Griffin III, 70.9

Griffin plays well against pressure

It was a mixed-bag performance from Robert Griffin III. RG III only completed two of his six passing attempts thrown farther than 9 yards downfield. Oddly, his QB rating increased from 78.6 with no pressure to 109.0 when he was under pressure (nine dropbacks). Griffin also provided 48 rushing yards and one touchdown, and forced two missed tackles.

Top offensive grades:

C Cameron Erving, 81.2

T Joe Thomas, 73.5

G Jonathan Cooper, 69.4

T Austin Pasztor, 66.7

WR Andrew Hawkins, 63.4

Good grades hard to come by among Browns’ offense

It’s not a good sign when three of the top-graded offensive players listed earned marks in the 60.0s. The Browns were only able to generate 107 rushing yards for the game. Terrelle Pryor and Duke Johnson saw the bulk of the targets, but Pryor also had two drops, and Johnson did most of his work underneath the coverage. Cameron Erving’s 81.2 overall grade is his best mark of the year. Jonathan Cooper only allowed one QB hit on 40 pass-blocking snaps.

Top defensive grades:

CB Jamar Taylor, 73.2

LB Demario Davis, 73.0

ED Cam Johnson, 71.6

CB Joe Haden, 70.6

S Ed Reynolds, 66.2

Browns’ defense unable to stop Bills’ ground game

The Browns’ defensive line did not grade well against the run, as the Bills ran for 280 yards as a team. Jamar Taylor was thrown at four times and allowed two catches for 21 yards. Tyrod Taylor’s QB rating when throwing into Jamar Taylor’s coverage was only 65.6. Demario Davis had one QB hurry and two defensive stops. Cam Johnson broke up a pass in coverage, had a defensive stop, and also added two hurries on 10 pass-rushing snaps.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-cle-buf-grades/

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I thought that Haden had a good game. I thought that Cooper did not play as well as he did last week.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
....Cam Erving was our highest rated player?

No wonder we lost.

Good for Cam, though.

Maybe we'll be able to have a QB last for more than a couple weeks next season. Lack of chemistry has been very apparent. Lack of confidence, too, of late.

Our issues on O seem to be timing and execution related. Are some of them pressing/trying too hard? The drops were pretty ugly this week. Better QB play would help, but I don't see an instant starter in the draft.

On D, we straight lack talent.

Ibraheim Campbell has been a big disappointment. Misses too many tackles considering that was supposed to be his calling card. His change of direction definitely leaves something to be desired as well.

Meder is a great bottom of the roster guy, but he shouldn't be playing as much as he does. He doesn't seem able to shed a block once he gets engaged. Good dude and solid leader, but there is a reason he was playing D2.

Ogbah has some talent, but he definitely was getting worn down as the game went on and was facing double teams more than I would have expected. We need another edge guy to spell him/opposite him.

I'd been on the we need CBs train, but they might not be the problem as much as I had been thinking. I might go 2 safeties before addressing CB.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I thought that Haden had a good game. I thought that Cooper did not play as well as he did last week.

ummm...perhaps because he was up against Kyle Williams?

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown
....Cam Erving was our highest rated player?

No wonder we lost.

Good for Cam, though.

I believe that some are selling him short. His run blocking is very good and while the occasional breakdown in pass blocking is blatantly obvious, he is usually fairly stout. I liked the pick at the draft and my opinion has fluctuated sine then, but never faltered. Give him another year and I'll expect he'll prove out a top talent...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
S Ed Reynolds, 66.2

I'd like to know everyone's opinion of him. I thought he was very effective and impactful in this game and would like to see more of him. Certainly we need a SS next season; perhaps we have found our FS...

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
I see a team who is severely talented depleted along the interior defensive line. Whether in 34 front or a 43 front the only starting caliber ID is Shelton. It starts up front and with only 1 starting caliber player it's gonna be hard to diaguise/scheme around that.

I saw a defensive scheme that repeated the same mistakes as before. Calling zone coverages that were blown, getting no pressure on 3rd down....getting success from the blitz but not blitzing very much.

I thought the playcalling was better, especially the opening quick game RAC routes that got Pryor, Coleman and Duke early touches. The offense is still searching which shouldn't be the case this late in the season but considering the constant state of Flux in personally it's not surprising.

Still making too many self inflicted mistakes, penalties, missed blocks on a WR screen (Gary) fumbled snaps, drops etc..

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
S Ed Reynolds, 66.2

I'd like to know everyone's opinion of him. I thought he was very effective and impactful in this game and would like to see more of him. Certainly we need a SS next season; perhaps we have found our FS...

The term 'upgradable' comes to mind.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S Ed Reynolds, 66.2

Certainly every position is "upgradable" but FS may now be lower on the totem pole...

M
Legend
Legend
M
S Ed Reynolds, 66.2

Certainly every position is "upgradable" but FS may now be lower on the totem pole...

I don't think FS is lower. It's a need and I don't think Reynolds is the answer.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Whether I agree or not, I respect and appreciate your input, Memphis...thanks.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S Ed Reynolds, 66.2

Still haven't seen anyone cover a TE. He had some nice tackles, but I'd like to see more in coverage.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend

Just some observations.

Sometimes when you watch football you have forget all about plays. Forget the ball. No matter what plays are run on offense or defense eventually a player has to win a one on one match-up.

When watching the Browns in that mode it is amazing how few one on one match-ups are won. The lack of talent on the Browns is unreal. Especially at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

We are fully aware of all the inexperience. We know all the draft picks. We know the make up of the roster.

But you can not hide from the truth. The truth is there are a number of teams that could beat the Browns with their second string.

Let's start with Robert Griffin the Third. No doubt he is giving his best effort. The truth is he is not a NFL starter. He bails out of the pocket for no reason. The result is half the field is taken away. He has zero ability to read the defense post snap. He is unable to get the ball out on time to the right person. It is what killed him in Washington. He is no better here. The pocket awareness to move and slide and continue to read downfield is something I do not think he can learn. He was a great college quarterback. He is inadequate as a professional.

The offensive and defensive lines as units are woefully over matched. They are simply not good enough.

Outside of Joe Thomas the rest of the linemen are average at best. Most are below average. Especially the right side of the offensive line.

The defensive line for the last, oh I don't know ten years, has been unable to stop the run. There also is very little pressure put on the opposing quarterback.

Most teams have somebody or something that presents a problem for the opposition. Not the Browns.

That is why Darius was so sure they could beat the Browns.

I have no idea if the drafted players will get better.

I do have serious doubts that this management team has the skill to evaluate and draft talent.

Where this is all leading I don't have a clue.

Legend
Legend
2-14

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
If our FO doesn't know or is not sure who to draft then take the easy way out and listen to whatever Mel Kiper or Todd Mcshay has to say. I know a lot of people will say that if they were any good they would have a GM job somewhere. Well over the years the GM's we've had weren't any good. I think either one of those 2 guys could have done a better job.

Legend
Legend

The crux of the problem.

It has often baffled me that with the resources available to the scouts, personnel directors, GM's etc. that they are unable to correctly evaluate players. They have access to almost everything the player has done. That includes on and off the field.

They work guys out. They interview them and the people that know them. They are measured in every way possible.

It seems inconceivable that they could miss so often.

Look at Dallas. They draft Elliot and Prescott. After their OL is in place. Prescott is twice the player as Griffin. And they take off.

Oakland drafts Carr and Mack.

The Browns have had the opportunity draft the same players.

You could throw darts at a draft board and do better than what the Browns have done.

If Haslam has two eyes and half a brain he should be able to see the facts.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2016 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 13 Bills 33 Post Game Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard