Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
V
Legend
Legend
V
That was an exciting finish. I'm so happy for Hue, his staff, and the players.

Playing on a losing team is so tough. I can't imagine how hard it would be to play on a winless team. The joy they showed when they won the game was as pure as it could be.

Again, I couldn't be happier for the coaches and players. Cheers!!!

Legend
Legend
To tell the truth, I didn't know if I should smile or cry.

What I mean by that is that yes, WE WON.. and I'm happy. Then I realized we probably lost the first pick. Made me wanna cry.

But in the end, it's OK,, San Fran Won also so, we are still at the bottom. (or top depending on how you wanna look at it)

As for the game itself, I do believe Crow did a pretty good job yesterday. RGIII didn't play poorly really, but it's the injury thing that has me still thinking, he's not the answer.

The D was pretty stout and did it's job.. Got a little lucky at the end but still, they did a much better job. Almost see what could be.

Merry Christmas folks..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
If RG played with more "tude, like he seemed to yesterday, we might have something. I thought Crow laid down early, always running into the line and falling down...whats up with that?
Then he got his crap together and had a few nice runs.
Wish he would make up his mind. Either be a RB or sit down.

Really like the Duke, Crow should take lessons. Haden, still aint gaining no love from me, I guess I'm done with him. I know not as bad as I say but...Just something aint right with the Man.

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
Legend
Legend
They spelled Cleveland wrong! willynilly

D'oh! laugh

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I was watching with about 20 other Browns fans....all ex-Clevelanders and hardcore fans. Honestly, the celebrations in the bar were as euphoric as the packed bar I was at when the Cavs won.

I am proud for the Cavs and for the city to finally win a championship but, I would trade the Cavs Championship for a Browns Super Bowl any day. They just mean so much more to me.

I firmly believe Hue is the man to right this ship...we must stay the course. Go Browns!

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Very much agree on Crow. I think there needs to a RB drafted and there be an open competition next year. Of course we need offensive line as well.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
V
Legend
Legend
V
I don't agree w/the negative takes on Crow. He is a very good back. Not so sure why people don't give him the credit he deserves???????

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
They spelled Cleveland wrong! willynilly

Are we sure this isn't photoshopped by somebody making fun of us? I saw the tv cameras on this very sign and I don't remember noticing the misspelling.

V
Legend
Legend
V
No, I saw it during the game. It was misspelled.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

I guess I had one beer too many yesterday because I didn't notice it. smile

Legend
Legend
Some nice-sized pictures of us winning yesterday with this article, too big to post:

'It's a Christmas miracle! Cleveland Browns actually win a game to improve record to 1-14 and avoid going winless on the season'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...NFL-season.html

Legend
Legend

Very Happy for the team and coaching staff. Merry Christmas boys!

It is easy for us to sit back and be critical. It is another to work hard and get slammed for 15 weeks straight.

The emotion in the locker room is real.

Nothing beats winning. For this week the Browns can feel good. What a load to get off your back.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I guess I'm hard on Crow just like Haden. His 1st two yrs. was run into the line...hop...lay down. Thats it. He kind of got away from that, but noticed the last few games he was running and....hop lay down again. Just run the ball. Look at Duke, he runs 100 mph and makes people miss. Yes I know their different types of backs but ya gotta have the effort. I guess he thinks if he can't see daylight might as well lunge forward for a yd.

#GMSTRONG

V
Legend
Legend
V
I don't know, bleed. There are just times where this isn't a hole. I thought he got a lot of extra yards yesterday.

Legend
Legend

See, the economy is getting better under Trump already. Now even dumb-arse drop-outs can afford tickets to games! wink

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
The very ending of the game was insane, it got fast but quick. Were they even going to have enough time to kick it? If so I pretty much expected the field goal to drive a stake through all Browns fans hearts, but no go! We finally won one. Victory at last. thumbsup

...And still have the first pick in the draft. (Hey-now!)

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Your usually right Vers. But he does seem to have some bad habits and thats running into the line and hop and lay down. Maybe he will be more consistent.

#GMSTRONG

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Thank you San Francisco

Joe Thomas #73
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
With an improved offensive line and a legit passing game, Crow can be a plus NFL starter. As can Duke. Neither of these guys is the problem right now.
We need to draft Miles Garrett and a QB, then bulk up OL and secondary. If the rookies make progress, we could take a giant leap next year.
Or we could go 1-15, trade down in the draft, fire the coach and front office and start over again. I'm kinda on the fence. LOL.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Thank God ... thats all i ever wanted ....

And we get to keep the 1st pick for now ...

Merry Christmas!

Legend
Legend
I don't know, bleed. There are just times where this isn't a hole. I thought he got a lot of extra yards yesterday.

Crow's a very good RB. People seem to forget that the OL has been in flux for much of the year, and that hurts a RB just as it does a QB, Crow has good power, good quickness, and good vision. He can break a run when the opportunity is there to do so. He's a solid enough blocker, and can catch the ball. He's not Zeke, but he is a very good back.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
1st String
1st String
Who cares. 1-14 this season, one win in the last 17 games, and 4 wins in the last 30 games? I refuse to celebrate anything about this pile of doo calling itself an NFL franchise until they AT LEAST make the playoffs.

Never have hope. You won’t be disappointed.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That win was a big enough deal to make the UK papers?

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
So, some actual observations:

i watched the play that RG3 got injured.

it's odd....well not odd because our line is suspect as hell, but i mean, RG3 was running around today, and was fine.

he got hurt trying to escape out of a non existent pocket.

and that pressure came from non other than Pasztor's lacking of blocking. Pasztor had a terrible game. our guard positions need to be addressed as well i feel, but if we do draft a O linemen in the 2nd, it has to be a OT to replace Pasztor.

if i'm not mistaken, the majority of our QB injuries this season has came from the right side.

So our healthy starters would be:

Thomas
Bitonio
Erving
Grecco
2nd round pick.

my other issue is this: is Grecco and Bitonio injury prone? i mean this is the second season he's on IR.

missed the last 6 games last season. only played 5 this season.

I'm not a big believer in Drango, but atleast he can stay on the field.

anyway, make no mistake, we won this game thanks to RG3 and some very good defensive play. we only allowed a TD in the second half, when that's when it normally starts getting out of control.

RG3 made crucial plays with his arm and feet, made way better decisions.

and he slid.

hopefully he can play next week. i know people don't want us screwing up the draft pick, but the browns are gonna try and win against the steelers.

if we are indeed going to play to win, we can't win that game with Kessler. our best chance is with RG3.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell
That win was a big enough deal to make the UK papers?

Yep, they have a lot of news from the U.S. Plus in their comments section they have worst rated comments as an option, which I find fun as hell to read. (Lots of trolls there.)

Legend
Legend
General Game Thoughts

Of course the first play was a bomb to Benji, Haden got burnt and was lucky that Travis had to wait for the ball.

We got lucky with SD penalties on our first drive. 36 yards of them.

We actually got a lead, and didn't immediately give it back!

Holy crap did SD get hit by injuries in this game..

However, I had to laugh when they said they were the unluckiest team as it came to injuries.. Excuse me sir, they still have Philip Rivers, we have had 18 QBs this year.

Was not surprised when Haden ended up leaving the game. He's a really good player, but I would totally take a 2ND or 3rd for him and use it to improve the pass rush. Therefore making the DBs look better.

Our offense completely shut down in the second half. Like, there was nothing there.

Surprisingly, with no offense, our defense basically won this game.

Jamie Meder. What a play.

That bad snap on their final drive lost the game.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

Crow's a very good RB. People seem to forget that the OL has been in flux for much of the year, and that hurts a RB just as it does a QB, Crow has good power, good quickness, and good vision. He can break a run when the opportunity is there to do so. He's a solid enough blocker, and can catch the ball. He's not Zeke, but he is a very good back.

His biggest problem is that he continues to lean way too far when he's running and trips over himself constantly. I wouldn't be opposed to drafting another back.

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
dunno if they consistently put two on EO or not.

Ummmm... I haven't seen a "What I Saw" thread this whole season. How did you not notice that he's been double-teamed?
grin

#gmstrong.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I didn't get that excited... Felt the Browns won buy SD's poor play..

The way the Browns played in the second half..they were lucky SD played worse..

I would have liked to have seen the team win by more points...then depending on a missed fg.

The Offense was terrible in the second half. A one win team..now people see all this hope in the same players they wanted off the team at 0-14

Legend
Legend
There was no "excitement" at the end of the game for me..

Just.. relief.

SDs booted that ball, and I saw it go wide at the last second, and I just feel back into the couch..

Relieved.

Didn't care about draft picks, didn't care about player evaluations.

Just wanted a win.

I feel no differently about te team now than I did before..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
GREAT Link!
Thanks!

Legend
Legend
Much-needed win. Hats off to Meder! Just enough is enough.

Not sure we won as much as they lost. Nice to be on the other end of the stick. Still plenty of draft picks to mess up. Plenty of them. I like winning very much, thank you.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
We don't need no steenkink parades! A nice, clean Browns win.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
We need to send game balls to our refs and to San Fran. Thanks for the help!

Every talking head that lined up to throw the cheap shot rocks at us needs to give us some love Monday, Almost breathless and giddy grinding on us. We got a notch.

Legend
Legend

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
So, some actual observations:

i watched the play that RG3 got injured.

it's odd....well not odd because our line is suspect as hell, but i mean, RG3 was running around today, and was fine.

he got hurt trying to escape out of a non existent pocket.

and that pressure came from non other than Pasztor's lacking of blocking.

I disagree. Here is the play:

Stop the video at the 2 to 3 second mark. You can see that there is a very nice pocket and Pazstor is deeper and has the inside on his man. RGIII then tucks the ball and takes off running, which allowed the effectively blocked defender the chance to run after him. RGIII should have stayed in pocket.

In fact, many of the sacks were more the fault of RGIII than the OL. I do agree that the line did give up some early pressures, but most of the sacks/hits were not their fault.

--I do think that RGIII did play better this week.

--Coleman is not playing very well. His routes are poor. He is not defining himself as well as some other rookie WRs. Did anyone watch Hill for KC last night? That dude makes you go "Wow." And our boy, Michael Thomas from Ohio State, is absolutely standing out as an excellent WR. The Saints drafted him in the second round.

--Erving had a couple of more "dumb" plays. How can he not see those monsters run right by him while he double-teaming another guy?

--Crow and Duke had some nice runs.

--Reynolds blew a couple of coverages.

--Collins was a factor. He is big and fast.

--Pryor pushes off a lot. I wonder if refs are going to call it next year or if they'll let him get away w/it?

--Nassib is going to have to add some upper and lower body strength.

--Ogbah is a decent player who should contribute for some team for quite awhile.

--The other rookie WRs look lame as hell.

--Haden is a hard hitter. He just looks slow. Not sure how much of that is due to his groin injuries and how much is due to the fact he was never all that fast and he is getting older?

--Joe T is still a stud!

--Nice game planning by coaching staff.

Those would be my actual observations.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

That was far from one of our better games this year...yet we still won. I'll take an ugly win there...even if just to SHUT UP the rest of the NFL, its fans and the awful commentators/pundits. Imagine if we DID go winless? That would've been the talk of the entire offseason. I know that win doesn't change who we are by any measure...but at least the players don't have to talk about it anymore.

I thought RG3 was awful...again. The offense has no rhythm when he's in...and he is aiming his short throws poorly. He drops back...waits...looks to run...or just runs off the snap. That second half was painful to watch...the Chargers were teeing off on the Oline on every snap. I was screaming at the TVs for him to ONE TIME drop back in rhythm and throw the ball...throw it away...in the dirt...overthrow someone...throw it to Hue...just THROW IT. The best Browns throw of the second half was Kessler's pass to Coleman for a first down...nice for the rookies to impact the outcome like that...that showed the rhythm I was looking for the entire second half.

I feel dirty because last night I was rooting for the Rats to win. I wanted next week's game to mean something to the Cheaters and give us a chance to hurt their post-season. All my luck must have been used up during our W...I'm ok with that today.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Thank God ... thats all i ever wanted ....

And we get to keep the 1st pick for now ...

Merry Christmas!

Yeah woo hoo..celebrating our SB. willynilly Because trading away all our top picks is so gratifying year in and year out right?

2-14

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think RG3's problems are confidence related. When he hesitates at all, bad things happen. I thought he actually had some pretty nice throws at times. Will he ever be consistently confident/comfortable is the question.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
We need a better line to find out.

One thing is for sure, he's clearly the only QB capable of getting wins on this roster as of right now.

This entire season people swore up and down McCown was better.

Where? I don't see it.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2016 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 20 Chargers 17 Post Game Thoughts!!

Link Copied to Clipboard