Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
1,000 yards. Thank you for performing through injury, shout out to you.

It was a grind, I'd like to think you've found a home.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Agreed.

Before this turns into another debate about his $ worth, it is nice to end the season with at least one positive in regards to talent for a team sorely bereft of it (even though the accomplishment will be used as leverage against us in contract talks).

In a brighter Browns reality, it might have been Gordon and Pryor as #1 and #2, Benjamin and Hawkins as #3 and #4, Barnidge and Duke consistently doing their thing, and a young, emerging answer at QB. But...........

At any rate, congrats to Pryor.

Legend
Legend
1000 yards with 5 different QB's.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
Legend
V
Yet, many of our posters don't want to pay him. rolleyes

Legend
Legend
we gotta pay him bro.

he's josh gordon without the substance abuse problems.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Swish
we gotta pay him bro.

I agree. He is still a project and had a 1,000 yard receiving season. He is still only going to get better.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
L
Legend
Legend
L
Like I said in another thread, I'd rather we don't break the bank but it's not my money so I don't care. He's a talented player and we need to keep him.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
Congrats to TP. Hope we put this contract to bed reasonably before the draft.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

He will be a dissapointment with whomever he signs with ....

I'm about 99% sure it will be us ... in year 2 ya'all will be wondering what went wrong ....

Watch and see ...

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

He will be a dissapointment with whomever he signs with ....

I'm about 99% sure it will be us ... in year 2 ya'all will be wondering what went wrong ....

Watch and see ...

I disagree with your prediction. I will tell you why.

Pryor is far from a finished product. He is still further away from his ceiling than he is his floor. He is just learning how to tap his potential. If he continues to work hard he will improve. He will only take a step backward if he stops working.

Last year he struggled catching slants. The double move he put on the corner yesterday that should have set up the game winning score was awesome. Better route running and double moves will be his next evolution. I hope it is with the Browns.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
E
Legend
Legend
E
Don't mind signing him and paying him to stay...just don't wish to overpay.

He should get better next year I think his upside is very good.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
V
Legend
Legend
V
This isn't the early 2000's. There really isn't a "cap hell" anymore. Some teams are close to the limit, but it's easy to fix. Posters on this board make way too big of a deal about overpaying players.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Why are we worried about how much money a billionaire spends? I wouldn't care if there was one penny left of our cap money.

Hopefully this next year proves they know what they're doing with all the money they have laying around.

So long as there's enough money to pay other elite players (like O-linemen) then let the guy get his paycheck.

None of the cap money they save ends up in our pockets, so spend away!

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

He's probably worth top 10 money, but not top 5, IMO. Unfortunately, Rosenhaus will likely want to make him the highest paid WR in the league. Hopefully we make a solid offer and TP is willing to take it. If it's all about the Benjamin's, he's likely gone.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: Swish
we gotta pay him bro.

I would say he's almost Josh Gordon on the field, hopefully he finishes that journey in a Browns jersey.

Definitely not Josh Gordon off the field, and hopefully he stays that way!

my two cents...
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
count me as.not aa impressed with TP getting a 1,000 yards
why cause 25 WRs eclipsed that barrier in 2016. that's well more than 1\2 the NFLs number one targets for each team
it's not hard for a teams #1 to get 1,000.
it's 66.3 yards per game. Very easy to accomplish
it's what the game evolved into to.
by comparison 30 years ago only 4 WRS achieved the 1,000 yard mark
this eras wrs are yesteryears Rbs
someone had to catch the footballs in this offense
how many Tds did he have..4.
yawn.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Have you watched our qbs and the rest of our offense?

E
Legend
Legend
E
I love what TP brings to our offense. Its not easy to replace. Pay the man!

No Craps Given
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
1st of all happy new year and sending warm get well toward your son may he get well soon in all sincerity
yes I did I watched every play this year.
last time I checked the Browns had 2 NFL qbs on the roster who had proven to drive the ball downfield and a rookie who excelled better at short intermediate stuff then your vertical throws
I'm just not impressed with Pryor breaking 1000 cause it's so common in this era.
the rules have changed so much dbs can't use their hands downfield
wrs have free reign
CBS rarely press anymore it's alot of cushion these days
guys from decades gone like Raymond Clayborne Chris Dishman Ken Riley Deion Sanders Darrel Green Deron Cherry
would get flagged every other down
sorry champ can't get excited about a thousand yard WR
especially when he barely found the end zone at that

Legend
Legend
I get what you mean, but you're lacking a lot of context.

Pryor is in his first full season as a WR. This is his rookie year at that position.

There's only one other first year WR this season that went over 1000 and that's Michael Thomas, who had drew freaking brees throwing him the rock.

For anyone who is interested, here's the 25 he's talking about:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?s...qualified=false

Oakland, Washington, Denver, and New Orleans had two receivers on that lost.

So 8 of the 25 belong as pairs to one team.

Now look at the QB's that the WR's had throwing to them. And that's where your argument falls apart.

The quality of QB's throwing their receivers the rock? It would be disrespectful to try and compare our QB situation to those guys, which makes Pryor getting over 1000 that much more impressive.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
It would be disrespectful to try and compare our QB situation to those guys, which makes Pryor getting over 1000 that much more impressive.

Unless you factor in that he was practically the only receiver the QB threw to for most of the season. Barnidge & Hawk, virtually invisible. Coleman, injured, dropsies, and virtually invisible. The others... invisible.

Also, number of targets and number of receptions need to be factored in. He's basically DeAndre Hopkins or Michael Crabtree. His stats don't put him in the top twenty. His potential might put him higher, but paying him top five money, for example, would be ludicrous. I'm really curious about the number Rosenhaus is seeking.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Brown's fans slay me. Y'all bad mouth guys who produce like Pryor and Crow, and praise duds like Erving and Kessler. It's been that way for years.

Mind boggling.

Legend
Legend
pay the man

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
j/c:

Brown's fans slay me. Y'all bad mouth guys who produce like Pryor and Crow, and praise duds like Erving and Kessler. It's been that way for years.

Mind boggling.

I love how he compares him to Hopkins who is a beast lol

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
j/c:

Mind boggling.

Respectfully sir, I don't recall anyone praising Erving at all, in fact most people have been down on him for getting owned on the line all year, and Kessler hasn't gotten more in a game day thread than a 'solid back up' grade.

Crow hasn't 'produced' that damn much, the guy usually trips over blades of grass tossed by light breezes. Sure he's had the proverbial 'flash of brilliance', especially these last two weeks but it's not like he's had huge bursts all year long that warrant some special 'we gotta get this guy' type praise.

Pryor? Yeah, pay him. So long as we upgrade the line for RGIII while we're at it.

my two cents...
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MrTed

Sure he's had the proverbial 'flash of brilliance', especially these last two weeks but it's not like he's had huge bursts all year long that warrant some special 'we gotta get this guy' type praise.

geez. what do you have to do to get some praise? Crowell did exceptionally well this year.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Erving has gotten all kinds of praise. People also have made a ton of excuses for him. You saying it isn't so, doesn't change a thing.

Crow is a good running back, but guys like you trash him.

This is exactly what I was talking about.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Erving has gotten all kinds of praise. People also have made a ton of excuses for him. You saying it isn't so, doesn't change a thing.

You might wanna leave the imaginary world and come back to reality. I don't see ANYONE praising Erving at all and I'm in the game day threads every time the game is televised where I live.

I don't 'trash' crow, I'll cheer him when he does well (like this week) and criticize him when he trips over air (try and deny it).

The man only had 4 games over 100 yards this year. One game where he didn't even break 5 yards and two others where he didn't even break 20 yards.

Some of that can be blamed on play calling, and a lot of it can be blamed on blocking.

I won't call him a good running back or a bad one till he gets a good line.

my two cents...
V
Legend
Legend
V
Imaginary world? LOL..............Have a nice day, Ted.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
I will! You do the same my friend!

my two cents...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: candyman92
j/c:

Mind boggling.

I love how he compares him to Hopkins who is a beast lol

I love how you don't know what j/c means. lol

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

You might wanna leave the imaginary world and come back to reality. I don't see ANYONE praising Erving at all and I'm in the game day threads every time the game is televised where I live.

I don't 'trash' crow, I'll cheer him when he does well (like this week) and criticize him when he trips over air (try and deny it).

The man only had 4 games over 100 yards this year. One game where he didn't even break 5 yards and two others where he didn't even break 20 yards.

Some of that can be blamed on play calling, and a lot of it can be blamed on blocking.

if you are counting 100 yard games, are you also counting how many carries he had per game too?

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk

if you are counting 100 yard games, are you also counting how many carries he had per game too?

Like I said, some of it I blame on play calling and a lot of it can be blamed on blocking.

Which is why I've been calling for a better line all season.

Crows 2016 Stats from NFL.com

my two cents...
Legend
Legend
4.8 ypc @ 198 attempts.. Not to mention he caught 40 passes avg 8 yards per catch. i just dont see how anyone can bash the guy.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Have you people not seen him at least two, three times a game trip over NOTHING, most of the time behind the line of scrimmage? Run right into the back of a lineman when there's no hole to run through rather than try to take it outside?

I'm not BASHING him, I'm being objective. Like I said in the post you quoted. I'll say he's good or bad when he A: Has a good line in front of him and B: Gets enough calls a game to make a difference.

So, we'll just have to wait till next year to see how that goes. Cause he didn't get enough calls per game consistently and he certainly didn't have the run support from the OL to get a good look at him.

my two cents...
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Have you people not seen him at least two, three times a game trip over NOTHING, most of the time behind the line of scrimmage? Run right into the back of a lineman when there's no hole to run through rather than try to take it outside?

I'm not BASHING him, I'm being objective. Like I said in the post you quoted. I'll say he's good or bad when he A: Has a good line in front of him and B: Gets enough calls a game to make a difference.

So, we'll just have to wait till next year to see how that goes. Cause he didn't get enough calls per game consistently and he certainly didn't have the run support from the OL to get a good look at him.

I've seen exactly what you are talking about. I was constantly PO'd at him last season because of how many times he busted through the line than tripped forward and fell down.

BUT...

I haven't seen that from him nearly as often this season. When he does revert to that I think it has more to do with him mentally than physically. When he does that I think he's being impatient trying to make things happen. Like he's desperate to hit the hole. When you look at his big runs this year, he's more patient and a lot more confident when he hits the hole. He's made a lot of progress since last season.

Speaking of RB's... how about a quick shout out to Duke! I swear in almost every game this year he puts on a move where the defender loses his jock strap on the field. thumbsup

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I can explain the supposed tripping thing if anyone is interested.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M

Supposed? Are you trying to tell me I didn't see what I saw? Please continue, this oughta be good.

my two cents...
V
Legend
Legend
V
This oughta be good?

This is twice today you have mocked me.

Why?

Legend
Legend

He definitely leaves some yards on the field. Whats your take on it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2016 NFL Season Gameday vs Pittsburgh Shout out to Terrelle Pryor

Link Copied to Clipboard