Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I can explain the supposed tripping thing if anyone is interested.

Cam Erving has clown sized feet? naughtydevil

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
This oughta be good?

This is twice today you have mocked me.

Why?

Mocked? No, sorry attempts at light hearted ribbing, but not mocking. However...

As I said earlier, I'm in every game day thread that is televised where I live and I have yet to see one person in 16 weeks saying one good thing about Cam Erving. Didn't see any love in the posts that I read in the Post Game thoughts threads either, hence the 'imaginary world' comment.

Far as Crow tripping, he actually trips. I've been alive for 49 1/2 years or so, so I know what tripping looks like.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
V
Legend
Legend
V
Before I begin, I wanna say that I played the position and coached. Not saying that to brag, but I do have a bit of insight into RBs.

I think Crow has really good feet. He has quick feet. He can change direction quickly. Think back to the SD game. He ran right outside the 8 hole. The defender came up quickly and was about to kill him. Crow stopped on a dime, cut back and gained positive yards. Very impressive run even if it wasn't for big yards.

Now, at first, I was a bit perplexed w/some of his "stumbling" moves, but the more I watched him, I realized what was going on. Crow runs w/a great forward lean. That is one of the things we coach. Forward lean is huge. Fall forward. Do not get knocked backwards.

When Crow sees that there isn't a hole there and defenders are free, he lowers his shoulders and attempts to dive forward to get as many yards as he can. Does he always read it properly? No, but I see what he is doing. He's trying to avoid negative attempts.

Now, if you are open minded...........think about all the quick cuts the dude has made in the holes. How he makes guys miss. How he jump cuts better than most of the backs in the league. How he can shimmy through narrow holes.

No guys, this is not a man w/bad feet. This is a man w/very good feet and who dives forward when he thinks there is a chance he is going to lose yards.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Fair enough, I do think your explanation is 'excusing' him a bit though. He's gone down when no ones touched him, on occasion when no one is even near him.

But I do see his potential. Hopefully the analytics guys see the need for an offensive line.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
E
Legend
Legend
E
This isn't the early 2000's. There really isn't a "cap hell" anymore. Some teams are close to the limit, but it's easy to fix. Posters on this board make way too big of a deal about overpaying players.

My statement of overpaying has nothing to do with my concerns of the cap. By the time we get close to needing space we could always trade him if we want.

My concern is that it sets a precedent that all other players needing to be resigned - the Agents will use Pryor's contract as the starting point in negotiations. That is why we have to be careful. Do we wish to Over Pay on the position of WR??? Especially when Pryor still need to improve a lot as good as he is there are a lot he does that is not executed well.

Will be pay for what he MIGHT become cause he is not there yet. It is a slippery slope. I'm not worried about the Cap right now. I think Collins is worth the money I am not so sure that Pryor is.

I hope he signs and gets a very fair and lucrative contract...just not one of the Top WR contracts.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: eotab

I hope he signs and gets a very fair and lucrative contract...just not one of the Top WR contracts.

Pryor won't remain in Cleveland for a "fair" contract. He's going to want top dollar. It shouldnt be record setting, but he should get something comparable to any other 1000 yard WR.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Speaking of RB's... how about a quick shout out to Duke! I swear in almost every game this year he puts on a move where the defender loses his jock strap on the field.

I used this quote yesterday, in regards to a LBJ cross-court pass, but it works for Duke as well:

"That was so ill, it required antibiotics."

Some of those moves are just off the charts good. I hope this FO builds the O for cold weather and features the run twice as much as they did this year.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Human nature to like what you are good at, so get better at the run and you will love the run more. I would like to see us run more as well. A better run-blocking line is necessary. Not sure I want all-new draft guys for this. Drango times four isn't the menu for success, not yet. Feed Crow and Duke more. We have not been a good "run to pass" team yet, but we are closer. Regardless, no lead we put up was safe, repeatedly , with is defense and its secondary. Their slack put us into a different offensive slate as chosen by Hue. A part of this won't be solved by a draft. We need to look at the football philosophy that drove repeated losses and re-tool them where need be.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2016 NFL Season Gameday vs Pittsburgh Shout out to Terrelle Pryor

Link Copied to Clipboard