Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
R
Legend
Legend
R
KC lost without allowing their opponent to score a TD.

That's just sad.

Alex Smith is about as undynamic as it gets. Having him is the equivalent of being in NFL purgatory. Good enough to not want to make a change and hold out hope, but not good enough to elevate the play of those around him when it really matters.

Tough situation.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
Rishuz #1222074 01/16/17 12:27 AM
Legend
Legend
There's a reason Harbaugh left his ass on the bench when Kap took over in San Fran.

β€œTo announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Rishuz #1222075 01/16/17 12:27 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

That's just sad.

Alex Smith is about as undynamic as it gets. Having him is the equivalent of being in NFL purgatory. Good enough to not want to make a change and hold out hope, but not good enough to elevate the play of those around him when it really matters.

Tough situation.

Matt Hassleback effect

Swish #1222077 01/16/17 12:28 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
There's a reason Harbaugh left his ass on the bench when Kap took over in San Fran.

People give Alex Smith credit for being "smart." He made a lot of bad throws. Granted, his WRs screwed the pooch, but I didn't see a lot of smart throws tonight. He looked like an athlete trying to play QB.

Rishuz #1222078 01/16/17 12:29 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

That's just sad.

AND at home too.

Pitiful.

[Linked Image]

β€œ...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
I've had a sneaking feeling for months. Pittsburgh is the most complete team and will win the Super Bowl.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
Texans @ Patriots -- Pats Easy
Steelers @ Chiefs -- KC in a tight one
Seahawks @ Falcons -- Falcons at home
Packers @ Cowboys -- Toughest Pick But I'll Go With Rodgers over the Rookies

Well done sir.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I've had a sneaking feeling for months. Pittsburgh is the most complete team and will win the Super Bowl.

When I saw the holding call on the 2 point conversion I was worried it was going to be very questionable. I thought, that is such a Steelers thing to happen, to get a ticky tack call in that moment. Then they showed it and I was somewhat relieved that it was a very obvious call.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
i haven't seen the line yet, but I assume NE will be a slight (3-4 point) favorite. I'd put some money on Pittsburgh. I strongly feel they're going to win.

Legend
Legend
fyi, just looked the spread .. it's NE -5.5. I'm all over Pitt

R
Legend
Legend
R

I'm not following this line of thinking. I don't think Pitt has a chance.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
DCDAWGFAN #1222130 01/16/17 10:54 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Man, y'all are some negative folks. LOL

Two great games yesterday. I love watching competitive football games. Some thoughts:

--Rodgers is the best QB in football. I think he deserves his own little section:

*I loved when the RG went out of the game w/a broken chin strap. Rodgers unsnaps his and plays a play w/out it. Then, he gives that cocky little grin, says something, and puts it back on. LOL...that was hysterical.

*He is the coolest, most confident QB I have ever seen. It's as if he lives for the big moment. He is smiling on many plays. Looking unfazed at other times. Cool as hell all the time. I think he gives his teammates confidence by just how cool and confident he is. It's remarkable.

*Dude can throw lasers w/out setting his feet and from all arm angles. What a gift. That last pass to Cook was a great example of that. Rolling left, feet not set, not a full delivery, 3/4 motion, and throws a dart that hits the bulls eye. Man!

--Back to the rest. Speaking of Cook, that was an incredible catch. Looked it in, secured it, and somehow kept both feet in. That's a TE we are talking about, folks.

--Other guys like Cobb and Montgomery really stepped-up.

--GB's secondary is really beat up and not playing well.

--Zeke is a true beast. He can do everything you want--and more--from the RB position.

--Dak is very good. The thing that strikes me about him is his poise. I don't ever remember seeing a rookie QB look so poised in a big-time atmosphere. He also has a nice arm and is smart when he scrambles. Comes across a very good leader. He's going to be a good one.

--Both FG kickers were clutch.

--Man, what a great game. That's why I love football!

--The second game was not as exciting in regards to offensive explosion, but it was a hard-fought game between two very physical teams. Sad to see it end due to a hold. That dude was a former first overall pick.

--I think Ben is hurting physically. He isn't moving well at all.

--Bell is the most amazing RB ever. We have talked about his style before, but man, it still confounds me as to just how well it works.

--Did anyone see Brown's speed on that last catch that secured the win? Wow!

--Hill's speed opened up a lot of things for KC because Pittsburgh had to honor that speed.

--Andy Reed is a great play designer. I was talking about Shanny's play design the other day, and I have to say that Reed rivals Shanny in terms of pure play design. Very creative.

--With that said, some of his play calls baffled me. Should have gotten Smith on the move a bit more and gave him a run/pass option. Dude doesn't look like it, but he can run very well.

--Imagine if a Brown's coach would put a DE on Antonio Brown like KC did w/Houston? LMAO.........he'd be fired before he made it out of the locker room.

--Should be a couple of excellent match-ups next week. The Divisional Playoff Round is my favorite weekend because there are 4 games, but Conference Championship is right behind it. Looking forward to it!

Legend
Legend
Yeah, I enjoyed the heck out of watching the games this weekend. Really great games!

Thanks for that reminder Vers.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
R
Legend
Legend
R
I appear to be in the minority here, but I think the love for Rodgers is over the top. I think he's awesome, and he's proven to be awesome over and over again, but I don't think he's as good as people keep saying. I won't say I predicted it, but I started noticing some flaws in his game a couple of years ago and I was questioning him before it was popular earlier in the year and before his recent resurgence. I think he has happy feet and does his dancing long before it's needed. He usually gets credit for this "pocket presence" because he turns that dancing into something productive, but that happy feet was also why he was in a funk the last couple of years.

And now you have a poll on ESPN asking if he's the greatest QB in the game today and 95% of the ESPN responders say overwhelmingly "yes". Yet you have this guy named Brady who's playing in something like his 6th straight conference championship.

To be clear, I think Rodgers is absolutely one of the best today and one of the best of all time. That last play was amazing. He makes a lot of amazing plays. I just think the love affair is a bit over the top. Heck, his poor play was a reason it even came down to the wire yesterday. The pick on the throw to Adams was a terrible throw and really breathed life into Dallas.

Again, I think the guy is awesome and a HOFer. I just think the love affair is a bit over the top.

L
Legend
Legend
L
IMO He's a better all around QB than Brady, Brady has had the benefit of being on a dynasty team, Rodgers always seems to have to throw to rookies and PS guys because they can't keep anyone healthy, same with their oline, last 7-8 weeks including postseason he's thrown 24tds to 1 int, he has like 5 seasons of 30+td with less than 10 int. I think why people put brady ahead of him is his post season success, and rightfully so, but Rodgers is only 33, he's got some time left to prove it in postseason.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Rishuz #1222147 01/16/17 11:27 AM
Legend
Legend

I think Pitt is the better team with better players. They're hitting their stride. Good enough defense. Run the ball better. Better weapons.

Of course it's in NE and they have Brady/Belichick.

I just think Pitt wins though.

Rishuz #1222155 01/16/17 11:40 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
I appear to be in the minority here, but I think the love for Rodgers is over the top. I think he's awesome, and he's proven to be awesome over and over again, but I don't think he's as good as people keep saying. I won't say I predicted it, but I started noticing some flaws in his game a couple of years ago and I was questioning him before it was popular earlier in the year and before his recent resurgence. I think he has happy feet and does his dancing long before it's needed. He usually gets credit for this "pocket presence" because he turns that dancing into something productive, but that happy feet was also why he was in a funk the last couple of years.

I remember you saying that and I remember disagreeing w/you then. I still disagree w/your take.

Yes, I see him bouncing around and moving all over in the pocket. But, what you see as "happy feet," I instead see as a guy who manipulates the pocket in order to buy more time for his receivers to come open.

Rish............you gotta notice how calm his demeanor is, right? You do notice how he is smiling all the time, right? You do notice that cocky grin he gives, right? You do notice how he is not flustered in big-time moments, right? You do notice how he will take a hit while delivering the ball, right?

And you still think it is "happy feet?"

Not bashing you at all, but I totally disagree.

R
Legend
Legend
R
--Brady has the same 5 seasons of 30+, less than 10 Ints and would have had a 6th this year if it wasn't for the suspension. The guy threw 2 ints this year. He had a season with 50 TDs.

--Brady has done it multiple times with multiple supporting casts. When his receivers are really good, his stats are off the charts i.e., Moss and Gronk. When he doesn't have those guys he raises the play of everyone else and his stats are still All Pro level. The team doesn't miss a beat without their best offensive players.

--Has Brady ever had any type of stud RB? Most Patriot game plans are built on Brady's arm.

--Rodgers has enjoyed the same consistent coaching staff that Brady has. GB's FO is consistently lauded as one of the best in the league.

Again, this isn't to say Rodgers isn't awesome or isn't deserving of praise. It's merely to point out its over the top. Vers mentioned Rodgers calmness and coolness in the clutch. Just two short years ago Brady owned one of the greatest defenses in the modern era in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl, the biggest of all stages after it looked like Seattle was going to get their second Super Bowl win.

Since then Brady has continued his stellar play and you still have an ESPN poll asking if Rodgers is the greatest football player in the league.

Again, I just think it's a bit over the top.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Again Vers, I'm not saying the guy isn't great or isn't clutch, but he's enjoying some over the top praise when you've got a guy who in my opinion is better and kind of forgotten. I mean that stupid poll on ESPN was just over the top.

Rodgers has led his team to one Super Bowl. He's enjoyed consistency in the coaching ranks and FO. Their FO is lauded as one of the greatest. He's always had great receivers to throw to.

I don't disagree with you that he's great. We can agree to disagree on the happy feet thing, but even when I had that criticism I would never dispute that he's great. I just think it's a bit much. Especially when you have a guy that's been doing it better and longer, IMO.

R
Legend
Legend
R

I think Pitt is the better team with better players. They're hitting their stride. Good enough defense. Run the ball better. Better weapons.

Of course it's in NE and they have Brady/Belichick.

I just think Pitt wins though.

Pitt is not even close to being a better team than NE. You're in battered Brown fan syndrome where you expect the worse, including your biggest rival having success.

Rishuz #1222160 01/16/17 11:52 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Rish...........Brady is generally considered the GOAT. Not Rodgers. The latter is starting to enter the conversation.

It's not over the top. It's just the way it is. Two great QBs. Both get lots of love.

Btw---------why even read an ESPN poll? It's most young and dumb people voting. What they say means as much as the vote that put's a guy in the All Star game even though he has missed most of the season.

And Rish..........do you see my point about the "happy feet" thing or not?

Rishuz #1222161 01/16/17 11:52 AM
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
They can feel free to trade Tony Romo to us.

We would be dumb not to pursue Romo.

So we wont.

Said a long time ago they should have played Romo more in that last 4 game he is more aware of the playoff intensity. Although Dak made a valiant effort at the end. It should not have been that tough of a game. Not saying Dak is not their future...he is but he is a rookie I knew it was going to be tough for him.

As for the trade for ROMO people. One thing about ROMO is he "DOES" have very small hands...which maybe indoors at Dallas but he would not fare that well here. Note he fumbles a lot. I know its a bit iffy for some but he has smaller hands than anyone we ever talked about.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
eotab #1222163 01/16/17 11:54 AM
R
Legend
Legend
R
Dak played amazing yesterday.

Not sure where you're getting your take from.

eotab #1222164 01/16/17 11:55 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Dak played great. Hell, he is one of the major reasons they were even in the game. The Dallas defense got shredded by Green Bay. The Cowboys lost because of some dumb penalties and that..........not because of Dak.

Man, I thought Dak was freaking awesome!

Legend
Legend
I don't get this love for Romo.

Romo got injured behind the same great O line. At the end of the day Romo didn't lead the team to a first round bye. Dak did.

And Dak played one hell of a game yesterday. He didn't look like a rookie.

Time for Romo to pack his bags. Go to a team like Denver.

Last edited by Swish; 01/16/17 11:55 AM.

β€œTo announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1222167 01/16/17 11:57 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Denver says they are not interested in Romo. He'll have to go somewhere else. Maybe the Jets?

R
Legend
Legend
R
I guess it wasn't really a poll. It was ESPN insiders giving their take. It wasn't your general run of the mill fan although many of the ESPN insiders are morons.

In regards to the happy feet thing, I never viewed it as buying time. It didn't appear that way to me, but this is an untrained eye. I'm not saying you're wrong but the only way for me to have my opinion changed is I would have to go back and watch some of those games and I'm not sure that's going to happen.

Legend
Legend
Damn really? Man I thought that could've been the best fit for him.

Thomas and sanders with Romo throwing them the ball? Eww. They would've been right back to being a top contender in the AFC as long as he stayed healthy.

The jets seem good. Marshall rides for his QB, decker coming back from injury and the emergence of Onu is a good receiving corp.

What's your picks? I think the jets is good. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans and Bears tried to get him.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1222172 01/16/17 12:01 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R
I don't get this love for Romo.

Romo got injured behind the same great O line. At the end of the day Romo didn't lead the team to a first round bye. Dak did.

And Dak played one hell of a game yesterday. He didn't look like a rookie.

Time for Romo to pack his bags. Go to a team like Denver.

Romo would be a great bridge QB for anyone we might draft.

If we aren't bringing in Garrapolo and we draft a Trubisky or Watson, I would make a play for Romo.

Rishuz #1222173 01/16/17 12:03 PM
Legend
Legend
You're not bringing in Romo as a bridge QB, not with that contract.

You're bringing him in to be your guy for the next 4-5 years and lead you to a title.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1222175 01/16/17 12:04 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R
I think that would be OK as well.

We all know he's not going to make 4 to 5 years.

But I'd be ok with him being our QB for the next 2 to 3.

Legend
Legend
Houston should do whatever means possible and shed Brock off the payroll and go after Romo.

Swish #1222178 01/16/17 12:06 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R
The bottom line is you can't trot Kessler and RG3 out there again next year. You have to do something. Romo is an option.

Rishuz #1222179 01/16/17 12:07 PM
Legend
Legend
The bottom line is you can't trot Kessler and RG3 out there again next year. You have to do something. Romo is an option.

I'm curious.

How many more wins would Romo give us over them?

Legend
Legend
Can't answer that. We don't know if he will make it out of preseason healthy.

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: candyman92

I'm curious.

How many more wins would Romo give us over them?

I'm also curious.

Why would Houston be smart to go after him, but not the Browns?

Rishuz #1222183 01/16/17 12:09 PM
Legend
Legend
You can certainly trot them out there next season. Especially if they think the QB class in 2018 is worlds better.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1222187 01/16/17 12:12 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R
You can certainly trot them out there next season. Especially if they think the QB class in 2018 is worlds better.

Man, do you guys want to win or not?

You're OK with tanking another season because the 2018 QB draft class might be better. And even if it is, we might not be in a position to draft any of them.

Make the team better now. Let's try to turn the corner.

Rishuz #1222190 01/16/17 12:15 PM
Legend
Legend
So keeping those two is considered tanking?

I don't agree with that. Look, I want Watson in the draft. But if the coaches and FO decides that there's too much defensive to pass up, the fine.

But you want to trade for a 100 million dollar back broken QB?

Behind our line? What happens when he gets injured. We will more certainly be in tank mode again, the very thing you're trying to avoid.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2016 NFL Season NFL Post Season 2016 Games Thread

Link Copied to Clipboard