Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Rishuz #1222194 01/16/17 12:19 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Originally Posted By: candyman92
The bottom line is you can't trot Kessler and RG3 out there again next year. You have to do something. Romo is an option.

I'm curious.

How many more wins would Romo give us over them?

I'm also curious.

Why would Houston be smart to go after him, but not the Browns?

Houston is in win now mode....?

Rishuz #1222195 01/16/17 12:20 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
You can certainly trot them out there next season. Especially if they think the QB class in 2018 is worlds better.

Man, do you guys want to win or not?

You're OK with tanking another season because the 2018 QB draft class might be better. And even if it is, we might not be in a position to draft any of them.

Make the team better now. Let's try to turn the corner.

This team isn't turning jack shiz anytime soon. We sign Romo and might win 5 games next year.

Rishuz #1222205 01/16/17 12:37 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
fyi, just looked the spread .. it's NE -5.5. I'm all over Pitt

I'm not following this line of thinking. I don't think Pitt has a chance.
I think Pitt is the better team with better players. They're hitting their stride. Good enough defense. Run the ball better. Better weapons.

Of course it's in NE and they have Brady/Belichick.

I just think Pitt wins though.

Pitt is not even close to being a better team than NE. You're in battered Brown fan syndrome where you expect the worse, including your biggest rival having success.

We'll see. You may be correct. If NE had Gronk I'd tip it towards them. We'll discuss after next Sunday smile

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Keep in mind, there's no gap between the QBs. Pittsburgh heavily relies on a massive gap between Ben and the opponents QB. They won't have that this Sunday. New England is a complete team.

Legend
Legend

Playoff football you get to see the best teams go at it. Great players on a big stage.

You see quarterbacks like Wilson, Ryan, Brady, Rodgers, and Ben. You know what to expect from guys like that.

Osweiler, Smith, Prescott and Wilson lost. Osweiler is not going to get it done in Texas. But you can see the Texan defense is serious. Seattle ran into a hot team in Atlanta. KC blew too many chances to win.

Have to say I was very impressed with Dak Prescott. Giant stage for a rookie and he played big. He made many terrific plays in a tough game. Loved how he came back after the pick. He is going to be very good.

Ben and Brady they just wait for the right spot and then beat you. Great players in the clutch.

Matt Ryan is having a season for sure. Smart poised guy who is leading the Falcons. Kyle knows offense.

Brady shows no signs of change. He knows the game so well. His record is a record of results. He wins.

Been watching football for quite awhile from Johnny Unitas on.

Looking at quarterbacks. Each guy has his own signature. His way to play the game. Bernie showed that.

However, I have not seen a guy like Aaron Rodgers. He plays quarterback like a shortstop. He can make throws from different body positions like no one I have seen. Across his body, off his back foot falling away, on the run off one leg. He can go in any direction and make a throw. He not only can make the throws but with mustard or touch as required.

I am not someone who will say this guy is the greatest etc. You have your top guys they are all great.

I will say that Rodgers can make plays like no one else. Maybe Brady, Montana or someone else would make a different play and still beat you.

It is kinda funny that the only other guy that comes to mind as a playmaker like Rodgers is Farve.

One last thing from watching the playoffs. Those who somehow think that Griffin or Kessler are the answer better think again. The Browns have a long way to go. It starts at quarterback but it goes much deeper as well.

Legend
Legend
Rodgers' pocket awareness, accuracy on the run, and intangibles are just incredible

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
bonefish #1222220 01/16/17 12:56 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks for getting this back to about the Playoff games.

And btw............awesome post. I agree w/almost all of it.

I can't say who is the GOAT. Too hard to do. Johnny U was my favorite ever and I think he belongs in the conversation. He was putting up huge numbers in an era that was completely different from today's.

But again..........it's hard to compare them all. There are only so many great ones and to be included in that group is quite an honor.

And I agree w/you about Dak. What he did yesterday was amazing. I mentioned his poise earlier. It's so evident. Great leader. Smart. NFL size and arm. I am NOT knocking anyone, but man, he was had in the 4th round. That's amazing in and of itself.

Legend
Legend

Legend
Legend
I would just like to say, that after watching Aaron Rodgers' post game interview.. if he wasn't already a great QB, he'd have a solid career in NASCAR..

Dude was channeling his inner Dale Jr. last night..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
bonefish #1222364 01/16/17 09:22 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
That is a great article. Thanks for sharing.

I am sure that Rodger shares similar feelings about Brady's greatness.

Two of the all-time greats. No doubt about it!

I love watching excellence.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Anyone notice the four QBs in the Conference Championships:

Brady = Elite
Rodgers = Elite
Big Ben = Elite
Ryan = 2nd tier, but has the opportunity to establish himself as elite this year under the direction of a superior offensive mind in Shanny.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Anyone notice the four QBs in the Conference Championships:

Brady = Elite
Rodgers = Elite
Big Ben = Elite
Ryan = 2nd tier, but has the opportunity to establish himself as elite this year under the direction of a superior offensive mind in Shanny.

Headline from ProFootballTalk.com tonight:

Brady, Ben, Peyton are 14 of the last 16 AFC Super Bowl quarterbacks

Dave #1222418 01/16/17 10:31 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Wow! Is that correct?

R
Legend
Legend
R
Keep in mind, there's no gap between the QBs. Pittsburgh heavily relies on a massive gap between Ben and the opponents QB. They won't have that this Sunday. New England is a complete team.

This is the best post you've ever made.

And quite observant.

This notion that Pitt is going to beat NE at NE with Brady at the top of his game is absurd.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
Rishuz #1222424 01/16/17 10:43 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Okay............what odds are you willing to give? 1,000 to 1?

I'll take that bet.

You keep making a huge point of it being absurd that the Steelers can win. Put your money where you mouth is.

R
Legend
Legend
R
It's not absurd that the Steelers can win. It's absurd that D4Life is already crying about it. He's acting like NE doesn't have a chance. They're the better team with the better QB and they're at home.

But if you'd like to make a wager on the steelers I'll book it. Same odds and line as the vegas books. PM me the amount.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
Rishuz #1222433 01/16/17 11:11 PM
Legend
Legend

This is the best post you've ever made.

And quite observant.

This notion that Pitt is going to beat NE at NE with Brady at the top of his game is absurd.

If I'm BB, focus on stopping Bell. Brady can go toe to toe with Ben. New England can't let the Steelers run it too.

Rishuz #1222437 01/16/17 11:24 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
What? You are the one going crazy on anyone who thinks that Pittsburgh has a chance. You used the word "absurd."

NE should be favored, but to say that Pitt has no chance is what is absurd.

Legend
Legend
I will give you a crazy prediction. Michael Floyd will have multiple catches and a TD this week.

R
Legend
Legend
R
What? You are the one going crazy on anyone who thinks that Pittsburgh has a chance. You used the word "absurd."

It's absurd to act like it's for sure Pitt is going to win.

And I wasn't going crazy on anyone, just D4Life.

BTW, did anyone catch Tomlin's post game rant about the Pats? What a clown. He actually sort of validated what Bradshaw said about him.

Rishuz #1222484 01/17/17 07:18 AM
Legend
Legend

It's absurd to act like it's for sure Pitt is going to win.

And I wasn't going crazy on anyone, just D4Life.

BTW, did anyone catch Tomlin's post game rant about the Pats? What a clown. He actually sort of validated what Bradshaw said about him.

haha you were going crazy on me? I wish I would have known, just thought we were having a discussion on a varying opinion.

Am I 100% sure Pittsburgh will win? Heck no. I mean, they are going to New England to play Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. But, if there's one team that can win this game it is them IMO. They can run it, they have an elite QB, and they can put pressure on Brady.

Rishuz #1222493 01/17/17 08:04 AM
Legend
Legend
How? That's how coaches talk in the locker room.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Rishuz #1222500 01/17/17 08:22 AM
E
Legend
Legend
E
In the middle of the game he looked like he panicked. Question is how do you think ROMO would have fared its a question would Romo in this O score more often then Dak...who did not have a bad game at all. Just the Packers were scoring TDs mounting a big lead. As stated Dak made a valiant effort.

Funny thing is all are big on pointing to Romo's play off record well Dak now is 0-1 with maybe the best team I saw assembled for Dallas in Decades!

I don't like Rookies QBing their way to the SB...Just curious has it been done?

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
E
Legend
Legend
E
Please tell me where I said Dak was the reason the Cowboys lost. Yeah I watched the game. The Cowboys had to keep up with Rodgers...and dug a hole.

What I'm saying is not Dak lost the game but Romo could have WON the game.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

E
Legend
Legend
E
Ryan who has played about as elite as a QB can this year (the favorite for NFL MYP).

But yep Cannot make a better case for us trying to get an ELITE Franchise QB - got to keep drafting for one until we succeed. No more Manziel, Weedens, BQ with our 2nd Draft pick.

jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

eotab #1222522 01/17/17 09:35 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Dallas scored over 30 points w/Dak. Romo's playoff performances leave something to be desired.

I can't believe anyone would even think that Romo would have been a better option.

Dak had an outstanding game. Not just okay. Not just good. He was exceptional.

R
Legend
Legend
R
haha you were going crazy on me? I wish I would have known, just thought we were having a discussion on a varying opinion.

I agree with you.

I was just playing off of the way Vers characterized it.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I agree. Dak was exceptional.

Very, very impressive.

Made all the reads. Made all the throws. His most impressive throw was the incompletion to Witten in the end zone. What a professional throw. I think there are maybe one or two guys in the league that either attempt and/or can make that throw. The other one was on the opposing team.

The guy looked poised beyond his years.

Legend
Legend
man, we don't even know if Romo would've survived the game. it's gotten to the point that if the wind blows too hard, he's getting injured

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Pittsburgh will win if they can run the ball. New England will win if guys like Hogan and Lewis play great.

D
Legend
Legend
D
NE will win .. it won't be close ...

We gonna bet on the SeaHags vs Cowboys on the links this weekend ... *LOL* ...

Swish #1222714 01/17/17 06:01 PM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Swish
man, we don't even know if Romo would've survived the game. it's gotten to the point that if the wind blows too hard, he's getting injured

No we don't know if he would have made it through the game or not ... u know what else we know .. THEY LOST ...

Would they have won with Romo .. don't know .. but we do know they LOST with Dak ...

And i said WITH him not BECAUSE of him ...

DiamDawg #1222759 01/17/17 08:45 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
You know what else we know. Dak played great and acting like the Boys should have put Romo in is downright bewildering.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I don't even know why it's being debated.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
lampdogg #1222764 01/17/17 08:55 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Me either.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I can't copy and paste the article because there are too many pics and vids, but this is an educational article written by the best in the business of evaluating QBs.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/greg-c...-174258280.html

I get the feeling many won't take the time to educate themselves, just like they haven't read the articles and watched the tape on the Jimmy G thread, and instead make ridiculous Osweiler comparisons.

But, for those of you interested in educating yourselves, I highly recommend this article. It's not all glowing. It's not all bad. Seems pretty damn objective to me.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Maybe a slight positive tilt, but pretty fair all in all. I was hoping to see his take on the Hyde pick on the WR screen.

I agree with the take that Dak has performed well for a rookie, but that Dallas hasn't asked him to do a ton. He's exceeded expectations, and could be a great one if he continues to develop.

I wish we hadn't asked our QBs to do so much, but at the same time, we don't have the same personnel.

While as players Osweiller and Jimmy G are different, I don't think the comparison is all that ridiculous as far as situation. Both had limited tape in the NFL and were in line for big pay days. Jimmy G may be the better player but he's only started 2 games, and they were played within a well crafted scheme and his opponents didn't have a ton of film on him.

I'd feel a lot better about going after him if we were a dome team. That Towson tape worries me.

He looks like he'd be an improvement over our QBs from that limited sample of NFL highlights/tape, but I wish there was more of it with some cold weather/windy games thrown in.

I do like him as a prospect, but ~$72 Million and a first round pick is a lot to gamble.

Maybe James Harrison will do us a favor for once and give us another glimpse of Garoppolo. He's another of those "ageless wonders" like Brady, and has a pretty crazy regimen of his own. They said he spends 6 figures on his body every season, or something like that during the broadcast.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
I think both games will be close. I've got Atlanta vs New England in the super bowl.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Well Dak is now 0-1 in the playoffs with a team that was SB worthy...so I guess I can say well look at DAK's playoff performance.

If I recollect Romo played pretty good in a lot of those losses.

Romo did not play with this team.

You can say all you want.
1. One I didn't say he played bad.
I said he didn't play good enough to win.

2. Use that Objectivity that you think you are famous for and think about it.

3. This is nothing I am emoting on. I stated that they should have given Romo some starts Not the one series where he got a TD. Cause you never know if DAK can keep up with the Playoff pace which is on another level than regular season games. I thought Dak played well especially the last qtr. But just not enough. At home.
jmho I am allowed you can have an opposite opinion I know its tough to express it without insulting me...but try and be objective...lol laugh

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

eotab #1223015 01/18/17 03:38 PM
Legend
Legend
I don't think losing the game means you "didnt play well enough to win"

Rodgers just played better.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2016 NFL Season NFL Post Season 2016 Games Thread

Link Copied to Clipboard