Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Lebron needs help with that Jones fella.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
L
Legend
Legend
L
Terrence jones is lbjs daddy

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Really need JR back on the floor. just a few more points and we'd be in a lot better shape.

my two cents...
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
We let Terrence freaking Jones score 36 and Justin Holiday score 33.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: candyman92
We let Terrence freaking Jones score 36 and Justin Holiday score 33.

LET is the key word. Can't count how many times these guys just watched someone drive to the basket and score.

my two cents...
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Now Love hits a three?

my two cents...
R
Legend
Legend
R
The Cavs lost to NO without Davis.

They've dropped 5 of 7.

Yikes.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
Legend
Legend
not pretty

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
So our big three plus Shump scored 107 of the 122 points. Gee. Do you think our bench might be a problem?

#gmstrong.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: WVDawg54
So our big three plus Shump scored 107 of the 122 points. Gee. Do you think our bench might be a problem?

I've said this all year, golden state adds an ex-mvp and we basically just got a year older, we did nothing to improve anything and weakened the backup PG, for all of Delly's limitations he was a million times better than felder and liggins..Looks like Lebron isn't too happy with the roster either

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/..._social_feature

Griffin needs to get his head out of his ass and listen to what lebron is saying and just about everyone who watches this team sees..this team is worse than last year and if Lebron isn't happy with how you do your job, you won't be doing your job long, is it right for a player to have that kind of power, usually no, but when you're LBJ? Yeah you have that power

but let's not let Lue off the hook, dude has been horrible. He's running the big 3 into the ground, stupid rotations that don't work and cost us the game when he came out with that rotation to start the 4th (the same on that got blitzed by SA 29-4) after Kyrie single handedly brought the deficit to a manageable 8, then that lineup comes in and poof, the lead is 17 again. He actually went to a 7 man rotation last night....in january..how stupid do you have to be? To be honest, as soon as the lead went above 20, i woould have conceded the loss and just rested the big 3. If he doesn't figure out how to keep these guys 35 minutes or less they are going to be done before playoffs. LBJ leading the league in minutes..unacceptable

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
D
Legend
Legend
D
If the bulk load of our roster is going to play like crap, we need to cut back on LBJs minutes. Kovier's defense is flat out horrible. This team needs to do some soul searching and accept the fact they were the Champs last year, which means everyone has a target on them and will bring Max effort towards them. I turned the game off, hard to watch it anymore. 5 of the last seven games lost against teams we should have zero issues in crushing.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
Griffin needs to get his head out of his ass and listen to what lebron is saying and just about everyone who watches this team sees..this team is worse than last year and if Lebron isn't happy with how you do your job, you won't be doing your job long, is it right for a player to have that kind of power, usually no, but when you're LBJ? Yeah you have that power

Lebron is part of the reason Griff's hands are tied when it comes to signing anyone new. He's the one who wanted TT and JR signed to big contracts. He's the one who wanted JJ and Birdman on the roster. After that, there's not many options left for bringing guys in. We traded Mike Dunleavy's corpse and Mo William's carcass for a guy that can actually play a few minutes. We also did what you always advocated in dumping Delly and picking up a couple of top level D-leaguers to replace him.

Honestly, I think the two biggest things we've been missing is Delly and JR. JR hasn't been up to playing standards since his lengthy holdout, and he keeps getting injured now on top of that. Delly is exactly what we need in this long January part of the schedule. An energy guy that you can plug in, let the others on the team feed off that energy and then use his ability to be a field general to get some scrappy bench points.

I agree about Lue though, I'm not sure about his rotations and the minutes he's handing out. If we're getting blown out, just take the loss and pull the big three. We should also be running only 2 of the big three for most minutes of the game.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Solid post. We have a chance tonight against a broken team to remember what it's like to win again. They've lost 8 of their last ten I believe I heard.

Sure do miss Delly and with no JR, it's hurting. Sure wish LBJ would be like Curry and even Green. They're willing to get paid less to make the team better as a whole. We have people like LBJ, TT and JR who all had opposite mindsets and only had themselves in mind.

LBJ, imo, has a hand in the blame.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg

Lebron is part of the reason Griff's hands are tied when it comes to signing anyone new. He's the one who wanted TT and JR signed to big contracts. He's the one who wanted JJ and Birdman on the roster. After that, there's not many options left for bringing guys in. We traded Mike Dunleavy's corpse and Mo William's carcass for a guy that can actually play a few minutes. We also did what you always advocated in dumping Delly and picking up a couple of top level D-leaguers to replace him.

Honestly, I think the two biggest things we've been missing is Delly and JR. JR hasn't been up to playing standards since his lengthy holdout, and he keeps getting injured now on top of that. Delly is exactly what we need in this long January part of the schedule. An energy guy that you can plug in, let the others on the team feed off that energy and then use his ability to be a field general to get some scrappy bench points.

I agree about Lue though, I'm not sure about his rotations and the minutes he's handing out. If we're getting blown out, just take the loss and pull the big three. We should also be running only 2 of the big three for most minutes of the game.

I agree with most, yes lebron is to blame for some of this, but after delivering a ring, he has earned the right..But lets not let griffin off the hook, JJ is vet minimun, not a big deal, Birdman was a head scratcher, but i think he could have been more productive if Lue actually played him..he was tough around the rim and played physical. But we have assets, we have spots we can free up to get people in here. I'd love for them to find a way to move TT's contract for Cousins grin but yeah, wasn't a fan of Delly , he didn't deserve the contract he got and he's playing like JAG now. Def not worth his contract and I don't blame the cavs for not giving it to him, both he and mosgov cashed in on being part of a championship team, but as people find out, lebron makes them look better than they are.. TT is a perfect example...he was nothing special before lebron, but now he's freed up to move around and rebound...wish he'd be more consistent and develop his game..but thats a diff thread. But Mo left cavs holding the bag. They just did a poor job replacing delly/moz. But lets not fool ourselves, Griff has to do something. I guess we're negotiating trade for Nelson, I'd love to snag Chandler somehow as well.But ultimately Lue better learn to coach and quick...he's been bad this year and he doesn't believe in defense as he's stated, which is concerning for a team looking to play in June

1st String
1st String
Report: Cavs rejected Knicks' offers of Carmelo Anthony for Kevin Love
http://www.thescore.com/news/1217109

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: BustkeviousMingo

If only it were January 25th, 2016 (for the Knicks' sake).

Legend
Legend
We're down 10-0 to start the game.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: Swish
We're down 10-0 to start the game.

Not down anymore. grin

my two cents...
Legend
Legend
Man came out of that timeout like a different team

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: BustkeviousMingo

Thank goodness!

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Buckeyes ain't doin' too bad either. Up 33-20 on the Gophers right now.

my two cents...
V
Legend
Legend
V
I am still hoping that the Cavs can get either Chalmers or Jack. We really need that type of player on this team.

I still can't stand Korver's game the last couple of years. Again, he has a hot shooting night once in awhile and the fans go crazy, but most nights he is a huge liability.

There are some teams w/a plethora of point guards. They aren't great, but they would be an improvement. I wonder if there is any way we could swing a deal for a guy DJ Augistine, Felton, Michael Carter Williams, CJ Watson, Sessions, Joseph, Nelson, etc????

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
What is a loose ball foul? Looked like the ball just went off the rim and now the Cavs get free throws?

my two cents...
V
Legend
Legend
V
A loose ball foul is when neither team has possession of the ball, but one player pushes, shoves, elbows, jostles, etc another player to get position on the court or to impede the progress of another player.

Does that make sense?

Let's say you and I are in the paint. A shot is taken and I hook you to move you out of the way so I can grab the rebound. That would be considered a loose ball foul.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Thank you! I thought it had to do with 'the ball got away from someone' or something like that.

my two cents...
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
One thing you can say about Korea, he is a quick shot. No get the ball, bend the knees a bit and then shoot.

He gets the ball and it's out, and when he's on it's in.

my two cents...
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
In other news, the Buckeyes held out for a 78-72 win over the Gophers.

my two cents...
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Free throw shooting has been awful

V
Legend
Legend
V
Cousins is a beast. Not sure why he shoots so many 3s though.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
This team has been incredibly bad passing.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Very sloppy with the ball in crucial moments.

my two cents...
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Boogies talent can only be matched by his stupidity.

Legend
Legend
What is korver doing

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
banghead flamingmad

my two cents...
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Unbelievable...

my two cents...
V
Legend
Legend
V
Why the hell did Lue have freaking Korver in there at the end? Jesus!

Legend
Legend
17/34 from the FT line.

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Korver was 4/7 from 3pt range-tonight. We turned the ball over like The Three Stooges tonight. If Love hits that second free throw it's a two point game.

my two cents...
L
Legend
Legend
L
#firelue #freethrowsmatter #defensematters #turnoversmatter

Seriously this team is trash right now

Legend
Legend

Seriously this team is trash right now
yep. it's been an ugly few weeks

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum NBA & Cavs Discussion

Link Copied to Clipboard