Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I just wanted to call a quick timeout from the political attacks and the frustrations of all the divides to talk to everyone on the board about how I feel. I encourage each of you to do the same in this thread, if you care to do so.

The last few years have been pretty rough as far as how we have gone at each other over politics and our world views. I know I have been a major part of some of the unrest and divides amplified on the board. I'm truly sorry if I have hurt or offended anyone during these petty arguments.

Honestly, I have to tell you that having a place to come and pound it out, go at each other and express how the craziness of the real world translates to my personal views and opinions has played a major role in keeping me sane. I owe each and every one of you a debt of gratitude for allowing me to be a part of this and putting up with me.

The world has been changed for the worst so fast since 9/11 that much of it is unrecognizable. Many of us long for yesteryear when life was simple and easier to digest. Some of us have only known this "new age" and find it hard to fathom yesteryear or didn't care for the past, so moving forward is your focus. Having the privilege and opportunity to read your opinions and share in your views regardless of the fact that I agree or disagree with you has helped me tremendously.

There have always been divides in this country/world. Divides based on race, religion, lifestyle, regionality, personality, personal economics, and the list goes on and on... During this last election cycle many of these divides were amplified, some new divides were manufactured or modified for political/profit motives and we are ALL the victims of this assault on our sense of being. I understand the differences we have and appreciate that we have the right to express our feelings and stances on these differences. America!

With that said, I'd like to remind you all that there are many things that are more important than politics, money and our personal views. Many of us have children, grandchildren, family and friends that we care about deeply. We have our careers, work, ambitions and goals. We have our beliefs, personal issues, health concerns and personal responsibilities. Each of us has a life in the real world that we have to face on a daily basis rather we want to or not.

So when I'm on the board, pounding at my keyboard to express my opinions on football, the Browns, life in general or chasing my favorite arch-nemesis 40 back into his rightwing hole; please know that I really do care about all of you and would never mean anyone real harm. Even 40! wink

We all have opinions, and in my opinion this little brotherhood of browns fans is one of the best spots on the web. The real life characters behind all these user names are a rich and diverse group of men and women (sometimes kids) that I have grown to admire and appreciate deeply.

I want each of you to know that if you ever need my help with anything all you have to do is ask. I consider you all friends and browns family. I'm your go to guy for all things geek, techy, code related, home improvement related, or if you just need somebody to talk to. I'll be here for you like you have been for me.

Thanks for reading. Time In, now back to my regularly scheduled trolling of 40's right wing propaganda! ~ OCD GO BROWNS!

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
We have always been, still are, and will continue to be just one big dysfunctional family around here. Just call me
Cousin Eddie

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
I have more respect for the people who put their balls on the table and state their views as opposed to the people that randomly just chide in for no reason and attacking people personally as if they are "forum police."

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: candyman92
I have more respect for the people who put their balls on the table and state their views as opposed to the people that randomly just chide in for no reason and attacking people personally as if they are "forum police."

Years ago, I would post my views here on pretty much a daily basis. As time goes on and I get older, I realize that what many feel is passion for their own views is nothing more than hate for opposing views. There is no tolerance, acceptance or a desire to debate issues in a healthy manner, just insults and provocations. A lot of people would rather win the argument than engage in a productive give and take. Admittedly, I got caught up in the crap and contributed to the problem at times.

Trump is an arrogant, lying business man that has cheated others. Despite his many flaws, the media and the other side still feel they have to fabricate stories and jump on every rumor they hear to discredit him. They will not look at why he was actually elected and realize that their superiority complex and elitism is what turn people away from them. These tactics will only encourage hateful retaliation and support for this guy despite his shortcomings. His supporters do nothing but turn a blind eye to his many faults, and we're probably going to see what a dangerous man this guy is, as no one has been able to reign him in.

I still find myself being caught up in some of these discussions, but I try not to look at these political issues with the passion that I once did. I didn't support either of the jackwagons for president. I mostly just jump in to attempt to provide some humor or to point out something that I really find ridiculous, unless it's something that I feel I can provide some "expertise" with, lol.

I lean conservative, but no candidate has interested me since Ron Paul. I was hoping that by having Trump nominated the republicans would have a wake up call....as he was the only candidate that I felt could lose to Hillary. But lo and behold, she screwed the pooch so bad that it did no such thing. Now I can only hope that 4 years of Trump will be a wake up for both parties without too much damage being done...and possibly some improvements to the economy.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
i agree with this, bro.

I've talked to multiple people on the phone, as well as having the pleasure of meeting a few on the board.

specifically, chopping it up with Vers. we both understand that when it gets heated, we start slinging insults like Boxers during a weigh in. but it's all love at the end of the day.

Cause the reality is that i don't want to see any of you guys hurt or do bad. It's why on one hand, i'll go hard in the paint against YTown and his religion, but then congratulate him when he progresses in his sermons and such, because why would i wish or hope failure on his dreams?

it gets heated, but i'm sure if most of us met up, it would be all good.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: Swish
i agree with this, bro.

I've talked to multiple people on the phone, as well as having the pleasure of meeting a few on the board.

specifically, chopping it up with Vers. we both understand that when it gets heated, we start slinging insults like Boxers during a weigh in. but it's all love at the end of the day.

Cause the reality is that i don't want to see any of you guys hurt or do bad. It's why on one hand, i'll go hard in the paint against YTown and his religion, but then congratulate him when he progresses in his sermons and such, because why would i wish or hope failure on his dreams?

I feel the same too. I am very stubborn about what I think is right and wrong and nothing will ever change it. In person though I am a big man who is very gentle and laid back. If you knew me then you would find it a chock to even here me raise my voice at someone. Unless your my Dad LOL. Gosh my dad and I just love to scream at each other I think sometimes. I think it has to do with the fact that we know whatever is said and no matter how much our blood boils we always cool off just as fast or at least within a few days anyways ^^.

I believe a man should have the freedom to earn his coin in any way he likes so long as it doesn't hurt anyone or the environment.

I think private or family affairs should stay private unless someone asks for help or there is proof of someone being hurt. These days people too busy mind other people's business instead of their own.

I think the government has a responsibility for making sure that ALL Americans have food, clothing, shelter, education, and healthcare. The number one way it can do that is by making sure everyone has a decent job. A decent job is at least 13$ an hour and working full time 40+ hours a week. Anything less is poverty level. Those that can't find work should get all the help they can to find it or become better educated to do whatever work they need. We should all want our fellow Americans working and happy. Those who really can't work should be given the help they need but I would rather pay a person who can't work to attend college for the rest of his life than just sitting around doing nothing. We might at least become a nation of scholars instead of welfare recipients. TO me free college to anyone and everyone who wants it is a great thing for our country. You be amazed how fast people look for jobs when its that or sit all day in college or wow now they have the skills for the work that is available instead of rotting somewhere.

Our country needs to be kept safe. Dead people don't care about their rights.

Crimes need to be punished severely and quickly for any and all acts of violence. For non felony crimes we need a way to offer true forgiveness by erasing it once time is served so they can go on to get working once they are out.

when it comes to religion I am a Christian and I view the muslim faith as the anti christ. That stance will never change. I won't compromise even one little bit. That being said, I don't hate muslims, atheists, or cultists. People have a right to believe what they want. I feel like God is more than capable of sorting out the good from the bad. But as a Christian I feel I have a responsibility to guide my brothers away from a life of sin and hell fire so I might talk a little strong but its not from hate but just wanting the people I care about to not have to suffer from their mistakes later on.

Things I say don't always come across in the tone of voice I wish they did but it is what it is. I don't hold malice for anyone.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Legend
Legend
Quote:
I didn't support either of the jackwagons for president.

Nor did I.. and I can honestly say this election cycle has been an eye opening experience for me. In the past I've had a horse in the race, though I wasn't excited about a lot of them, I had somebody I was rooting for..

Without anybody to really root for, what I came to realize is that the democrats and republicans.. and I know others reached this conclusion before I did... aren't different at all. At least not in the way they act and treat people.

The right plays up the Christian/moral angle.. yet they don't act like it on a grand scale.
The left plays up the tolerant/accepting angle.. but they don't live it either..

Both sides act like it's more important to have their preferred letter (R or D) in the office than it is to actually move the country forward.

Quote:
I mostly just jump in to attempt to provide some humor or to point out something that I really find ridiculous, unless it's something that I feel I can provide some "expertise" with, lol.

I mostly jump in these days to point out hypocrisy.. the left was hateful and horrible to George Bush.. the right was hateful, obstructionist, and at times racist to Obama.. the left is off to a great start at being hateful to Trump.. and each side feels justified in its actions and it's hard to blame them. Both sides are told during election cycles that the only thing standing between you and a total destruction of America and your way of life is a certain political party. This creates fear based politics, tremendous hyperbole, and plays on the emotions of a largely uninformed public..

yebat' Putin
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think I should just copy and paste my post to you in the other thread into this one.

I think DC hit it right on the head.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Originally Posted By: Swish
i agree with this, bro.

One of the best posts I have seen from you, and your spot on. We all may have our disagreements, but at the end of the day there isn't a single person here I wouldn't help if they needed it and I was able.

At the end of the day we are all Americans,our disagreements make us unique and define who we are, but none of us would ever wish ill will or want people to fail.

Great post Swish! im glad your not the terrible liberal i though you were (j/k) thumbsup

Legend
Legend
I guess my level of frustration is so high that I dare not respond with my true feelings.. Perhaps another time, but not yet.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I just post to be as funny as Tulsa and Jfan. They got the best quips. I think after 3-10 years of discussing the same politics, it's hard to have a high level of discourse in every thread. Especially after 3-10 years of discussing these topics to death, that you know 'the other side's' talking points just as well as your own. Which kinda sucks, because a lot of great posters have made themselves absent in a lot of discussions.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
I just post to be as funny as Tulsa and Jfan. They got the best quips. I think after 3-10 years of discussing the same politics, it's hard to have a high level of discourse in every thread. Especially after 3-10 years of discussing these topics to death, that you know 'the other side's' talking points just as well as your own. Which kinda sucks, because a lot of great posters have made themselves absent in a lot of discussions.

Yes I agree. I wish we could be more civil in our discussions at times but chiding each other has become the norm. So I try to have fun with that and stick to my guns.

Legend
Legend
I think everybody who has met me from the boards will tell you I am the same in person as I am on the boards, and I have met a lot of y'all

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
I think everybody who has met me from the boards will tell you I am the same in person as I am on the boards, and I have met a lot of y'all

And most of them don't like you in either place. rofl

yebat' Putin
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C

And that's why I'll never even look at your fingers thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Yes I agree. I wish we could be more civil in our discussions at times but chiding each other has become the norm. So I try to have fun with that and stick to my guns.

I would like to state for the record that today seemed like a pretty good day in ol' Dawgtalkers.. more civil political conversation than I remember in a while..

Thanks to everybody who participated and kept it on the high road. thumbsup

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend

I am glad I never met you cuz I don't think I could keep my hands to myself. wink

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

And most of them don't like you in either place. rofl

Well that's besides the point LOL

Legend
Legend
Down, boy!

You randy cad, you...

"too many notes, not enough music-"
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
So many people are working towards unseating Trump with is unconstitutional ban (yes, it is unconstitutional given it targets a specific religion)...I honestly believe at this point he will be impeached before his 4-year term is up.

Amazing only 10 days into his Presidency and so many lawmakers, politicians, grassroots committees and protestors are working towards unseating him.

Such a proud moment in time for our country.

NOT!

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan
So many people are working towards unseating Trump with is unconstitutional ban (yes, it is unconstitutional given it targets a specific religion)...I honestly believe at this point he will be impeached before his 4-year term is up.

Amazing only 10 days into his Presidency and so many lawmakers, politicians, grassroots committees and protestors are working towards unseating him.

Such a proud moment in time for our country.

NOT!

Perhaps you should read the executive order. It doesn't target a religion. I targets certain countries.

Seriously........quit putting up b.s. It is NOT a ban on muslims. It IS a 90 day ban on ALL people from certain countries.

If you disagree with that, fine. But please don't say it's a ban on muslims. Read. Learn. And quit saying crap that isn't true.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
"It's not a ban on Muslims. It's just legislation that was built on the statement, "how do we do a Muslim ban legally?" See clearly not a Muslim ban."

E
Legend
Legend
E
"It's not a ban on Muslims. It's just legislation that was built on the statement, "how do we do a Muslim ban legally?" See clearly not a Muslim ban."

Liberal fantasies at work.

No Craps Given
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

Perhaps you should read the executive order. It doesn't target a religion. I targets certain countries.

Seriously........quit putting up b.s. It is NOT a ban on muslims. It IS a 90 day ban on ALL people from certain countries.

If you disagree with that, fine. But please don't say it's a ban on muslims. Read. Learn. And quit saying crap that isn't true.

Actually, I am not putting up "crap" I am quoting top people in Government and in law who are working towards stopping it because it is "unconstitutional". Listen to NPR, PBS, BBC etc. This thinly veiled "it target countries not religions" is BS. Europe has a large muslim community....those who have sided with ISIS are the biggest threat as they have passports that allows them in on travel visas. I wonder if Trump has thought about that? Probably not as he makes decisions with the stroke of his pen.

A
Legend
Legend
A
So, you just admitted it's not a ban on muslims.............just as the exec. order spells out.

Thanks.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
So, you just admitted it's not a ban on muslims.............just as the exec. order spells out.

Thanks.

If the ban is on 7 countries that are Muslim and then he says "we will let the Christians in" that is an unconstitutional ban on religion. His words - not mine.

Spin it how you want, close your eyes but....he is corrupting the values and morals of America. It is not just me saying this on a football forum....many, many powerful and influential people across the country are rising up and will not be silenced. They will eventually put an end to it. Ultimately, I predict enough really will be enough and they will also get the ball rollin' on his impeachment.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I love how Conservatives are acting like Rudy didn't say anything. It's comical.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
This thread is a time out from politics folks. Please take the politics to another of many threads.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
(yes, it is unconstitutional given it targets a specific religion)

Using direct quotes from the order, how does it target a specific religion?

yebat' Putin
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I say just ban all refugees period. I also say ban immigrants that don't have a college degree unless they have family here already that can support them. Then put a 20 year ineligibility on all welfare programs for immigrants. We already have 100,000,000 plus people on government assistance so I'm sorry but we can't afford to bring in anymore of the world's poor. We need to get our own act together first.

People need to understand it's a PRIVILEGE to become an American and not a right just because you want to.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:
(yes, it is unconstitutional given it targets a specific religion)

Using direct quotes from the order, how does it target a specific religion?

Also, those who are foreign citizens, without legal status in the US, don't have Constitutional protections before they actually enter the country.

I find it amusing that Trump is doing what Obama did .... but he's the devil, and when Obama did it, no one cared one bit.

I posted the entire EO below, please tell me exactly what provisions offend those of you who think that is is some demonic order are.

Just as a reminder, here is the ban Obama put in place in December of 2015:

How the Trump administration chose the 7 countries in the immigration executive order - CNNPolitics.com
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/29/politics/how-the-trump-administration-chose-the-7-countries/

In December 2015, President Obama signed into law a measure placing limited restrictions on certain travelers who had visited Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria on or after March 1, 2011. Two months later, the Obama administration added Libya, Somalia, and Yemen to the list, in what it called an effort to address "the growing threat from foreign terrorist fighters."

The restrictions specifically limited what is known as visa-waiver travel by those who had visited one of the seven countries within the specified time period. People who previously could have entered the United States without a visa were instead required to apply for one if they had traveled to one of the seven countries.

Under the law, dual citizens of visa-waiver countries and Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria could no longer travel to the U.S. without a visa. Dual citizens of Libya, Somalia, and Yemen could, however, still use the visa-waiver program if they hadn't traveled to any of the seven countries after March 2011.

Trump's order is much broader. It bans all citizens from those seven countries from entering the U.S. and leaves green card holders subject to being rescreened after visiting those countries.

So ....... the thing that makes Trump the devil was just fine, granted to a very slightly different degree, when Obama did it.

Ah politics .... what we do is good, and what you do is bad, even if we did what you did or you did what we did.

I also wonder is McCain or Graham brought this up when Obama took his actions? Of course they didn't.

Here is Trump's EO in its entirety:

How the Trump administration chose the 7 countries in the immigration executive order - CNNPolitics.com
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/29/politics/how-the-trump-administration-chose-the-7-countries/

PROTECTING THE NATION FROM FOREIGN TERRORIST ENTRY INTO THE UNITED STATES
By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and laws of the United States of America, including the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), 8 U.S.C. 1101 et seq., and section 301 of title 3, United States Code, and to protect the American people from terrorist attacks by foreign nationals admitted to the United States, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1. Purpose. The visa-issuance process plays a crucial role in detecting individuals with terrorist ties and stopping them from entering the United States.

Perhaps in no instance was that more apparent than the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, when State Department policy prevented consular officers from properly scrutinizing the visa applications of several of the 19 foreign nationals who went on to murder nearly 3,000 Americans. And while the visa-issuance process was reviewed and amended after the September 11 attacks to better detect would-be terrorists from receiving visas, these measures did not stop attacks by foreign nationals who were admitted to the United States.

Numerous foreign-born individuals have been convicted or implicated in terrorism-related crimes since September 11, 2001, including foreign nationals who entered the United States after receiving visitor, student, or employment visas, or who entered through the United States refugee resettlement program. Deteriorating conditions in certain countries due to war, strife, disaster, and civil unrest increase the likelihood that terrorists will use any means possible to enter the United States. The United States must be vigilant during the visa-issuance process to ensure that those approved for admission do not intend to harm Americans and that they have no ties to terrorism.

In order to protect Americans, the United States must ensure that those admitted to this country do not bear hostile attitudes toward it and its founding principles. The United States cannot, and should not, admit those who do not support the Constitution, or those who would place violent ideologies over American law. In addition, the United States should not admit those who engage in acts of bigotry or hatred (including "honor" killings, other forms of violence against women, or the persecution of those who practice religions different from their own) or those who would oppress Americans of any race, gender, or sexual orientation.

Sec. 2. Policy. It is the policy of the United States to protect its citizens from foreign nationals who intend to commit terrorist attacks in the United States; and to prevent the admission of foreign nationals who intend to exploit United States immigration laws for malevolent purposes.

Sec. 3. Suspension of Issuance of Visas and Other Immigration Benefits to Nationals of Countries of Particular Concern. (a) The Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Director of National Intelligence, shall immediately conduct a review to determine the information needed from any country to adjudicate any visa, admission, or other benefit under the INA (adjudications) in order to determine that the individual seeking the benefit is who the individual claims to be and is not a security or public-safety threat.

(b) The Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Director of National Intelligence, shall submit to the President a report on the results of the review described in subsection (a) of this section, including the Secretary of Homeland Security's determination of the information needed for adjudications and a list of countries that do not provide adequate information, within 30 days of the date of this order. The Secretary of Homeland Security shall provide a copy of the report to the Secretary of State and the Director of National Intelligence.

(c) To temporarily reduce investigative burdens on relevant agencies during the review period described in subsection (a) of this section, to ensure the proper review and maximum utilization of available resources for the screening of foreign nationals, and to ensure that adequate standards are established to prevent infiltration by foreign terrorists or criminals, pursuant to section 212(f) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1182(f), I hereby proclaim that the immigrant and nonimmigrant entry into the United States of aliens from countries referred to in section 217(a)(12) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1187(a)

(12), would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, and I hereby suspend entry into the United States, as immigrants and nonimmigrants, of such persons for 90 days from the date of this order (excluding those foreign nationals traveling on diplomatic visas, North Atlantic Treaty Organization visas, C-2 visas for travel to the United Nations, and G-1, G-2, G-3, and G-4 visas).

(d) Immediately upon receipt of the report described in subsection (b) of this section regarding the information needed for adjudications, the Secretary of State shall request all foreign governments that do not supply such information to start providing such information regarding their nationals within 60 days of notification.

(e) After the 60-day period described in subsection (d) of this section expires, the Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with the Secretary of State, shall submit to the President a list of countries recommended for inclusion on a Presidential proclamation that would prohibit the entry of foreign nationals (excluding those foreign nationals traveling on diplomatic visas, North Atlantic Treaty Organization visas, C-2 visas for travel to the United Nations, and G-1, G-2, G-3, and G-4 visas) from countries that do not provide the information requested pursuant to subsection (d) of this section until compliance occurs.

(f) At any point after submitting the list described in subsection (e) of this section, the Secretary of State or the Secretary of Homeland Security may submit to the President the names of any additional countries recommended for similar treatment.

(g) Notwithstanding a suspension pursuant to subsection (c) of this section or pursuant to a Presidential proclamation described in subsection (e) of this section, the Secretaries of State and Homeland Security may, on a case-by-case basis, and when in the national interest, issue visas or other immigration benefits to nationals of countries for which visas and benefits are otherwise blocked.

(h) The Secretaries of State and Homeland Security shall submit to the President a joint report on the progress in implementing this order within 30 days of the date of this order, a second report within 60 days of the date of this order, a third report within 90 days of the date of this order, and a fourth report within 120 days of the date of this order.

Sec. 4. Implementing Uniform Screening Standards for All Immigration Programs.

(a) The Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, the Director of National Intelligence, and the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation shall implement a program, as part of the adjudication process for immigration benefits, to identify individuals seeking to enter the United States on a fraudulent basis with the intent to cause harm, or who are at risk of causing harm subsequent to their admission. This program will include the development of a uniform screening standard and procedure, such as in-person interviews; a database of identity documents proffered by applicants to ensure that duplicate documents are not used by multiple applicants; amended application forms that include questions aimed at identifying fraudulent answers and malicious intent; a mechanism to ensure that the applicant is who the applicant claims to be; a process to evaluate the applicant's likelihood of becoming a positively contributing member of society and the applicant's ability to make contributions to the national interest; and a mechanism to assess whether or not the applicant has the intent to commit criminal or terrorist acts after entering the United States.

(b) The Secretary of Homeland Security, in conjunction with the Secretary of State, the Director of National Intelligence, and the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, shall submit to the President an initial report on the progress of this directive within 60 days of the date of this order, a second report within 100 days of the date of this order, and a third report within 200 days of the date of this order.

Sec. 5. Realignment of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program for Fiscal Year 2017. (a) The Secretary of State shall suspend the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) for 120 days. During the 120-day period, the Secretary of State, in conjunction with the Secretary of Homeland Security and in consultation with the Director of National Intelligence, shall review the USRAP application and adjudication process to determine what additional procedures should be taken to ensure that those approved for refugee admission do not pose a threat to the security and welfare of the United States, and shall implement such additional procedures. Refugee applicants who are already in the USRAP process may be admitted upon the initiation and completion of these revised procedures. Upon the date that is 120 days after the date of this order, the Secretary of State shall resume USRAP admissions only for nationals of countries for which the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, and the Director of National Intelligence have jointly determined that such additional procedures are adequate to ensure the security and welfare of the United States.

(b) Upon the resumption of USRAP admissions, the Secretary of State, in consultation with the Secretary of Homeland Security, is further directed to make changes, to the extent permitted by law, to prioritize refugee claims made by individuals on the basis of religious-based persecution, provided that the religion of the individual is a minority religion in the individual's country of nationality. Where necessary and appropriate, the Secretaries of State and Homeland Security shall recommend legislation to the President that would assist with such prioritization.

(c) Pursuant to section 212(f) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1182(f), I hereby proclaim that the entry of nationals of Syria as refugees is detrimental to the interests of the United States and thus suspend any such entry until such time as I have determined that sufficient changes have been made to the USRAP to ensure that admission of Syrian refugees is consistent with the national interest.

(d) Pursuant to section 212(f) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1182(f), I hereby proclaim that the entry of more than 50,000 refugees in fiscal year 2017 would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, and thus suspend any such entry until such time as I determine that additional admissions would be in the national interest.

(e) Notwithstanding the temporary suspension imposed pursuant to subsection (a) of this section, the Secretaries of State and Homeland Security may jointly determine to admit individuals to the United States as refugees on a case-by-case basis, in their discretion, but only so long as they determine that the admission of such individuals as refugees is in the national interest -- including when the person is a religious minority in his country of nationality facing religious persecution, when admitting the person would enable the United States to conform its conduct to a preexisting international agreement, or when the person is already in transit and denying admission would cause undue hardship -- and it would not pose a risk to the security or welfare of the United States.

(f) The Secretary of State shall submit to the President an initial report on the progress of the directive in subsection (b) of this section regarding prioritization of claims made by individuals on the basis of religious-based persecution within 100 days of the date of this order and shall submit a second report within 200 days of the date of this order.

(g) It is the policy of the executive branch that, to the extent permitted by law and as practicable, State and local jurisdictions be granted a role in the process of determining the placement or settlement in their jurisdictions of aliens eligible to be admitted to the United States as refugees. To that end, the Secretary of Homeland Security shall examine existing law to determine the extent to which, consistent with applicable law, State and local jurisdictions may have greater involvement in the process of determining the placement or resettlement of refugees in their jurisdictions, and shall devise a proposal to lawfully promote such involvement.

Sec. 6. Rescission of Exercise of Authority Relating to the Terrorism Grounds of Inadmissibility. The Secretaries of State and Homeland Security shall, in consultation with the Attorney General, consider rescinding the exercises of authority in section 212 of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1182, relating to the terrorism grounds of inadmissibility, as well as any related implementing memoranda.

Sec. 7. Expedited Completion of the Biometric Entry-Exit Tracking System. (a) The Secretary of Homeland Security shall expedite the completion and implementation of a biometric entry-exit tracking system for all travelers to the United States, as recommended by the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States.

(b) The Secretary of Homeland Security shall submit to the President periodic reports on the progress of the directive contained in subsection (a) of this section. The initial report shall be submitted within 100 days of the date of this order, a second report shall be submitted within 200 days of the date of this order, and a third report shall be submitted within 365 days of the date of this order. Further, the Secretary shall submit a report every 180 days thereafter until the system is fully deployed and operational.

Sec. 8. Visa Interview Security. (a) The Secretary of State shall immediately suspend the Visa Interview Waiver Program and ensure compliance with section 222 of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1222, which requires that all individuals seeking a nonimmigrant visa undergo an in-person interview, subject to specific statutory exceptions.

(b) To the extent permitted by law and subject to the availability of appropriations, the Secretary of State shall immediately expand the Consular Fellows Program, including by substantially increasing the number of Fellows, lengthening or making permanent the period of service, and making language training at the Foreign Service Institute available to Fellows for assignment to posts outside of their area of core linguistic ability, to ensure that non-immigrant visa-interview wait times are not unduly affected.

Sec. 9. Visa Validity Reciprocity. The Secretary of State shall review all nonimmigrant visa reciprocity agreements to ensure that they are, with respect to each visa classification, truly reciprocal insofar as practicable with respect to validity period and fees, as required by sections 221(c) and 281 of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1201(c) and 1351, and other treatment. If a country does not treat United States nationals seeking nonimmigrant visas in a reciprocal manner, the Secretary of State shall adjust the visa validity period, fee schedule, or other treatment to match the treatment of United States nationals by the foreign country, to the extent practicable.

Sec. 10. Transparency and Data Collection. (a) To be more transparent with the American people, and to more effectively implement policies and practices that serve the national interest, the Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with the Attorney General, shall, consistent with applicable law and national security, collect and make publicly available within 180 days, and every 180 days thereafter:

(i) information regarding the number of foreign nationals in the United States who have been charged with terrorism-related offenses while in the United States; convicted of terrorism-related offenses while in the United States; or removed from the United States based on terrorism-related activity, affiliation, or material support to a terrorism-related organization, or any other national security reasons since the date of this order or the last reporting period, whichever is later;

(ii) information regarding the number of foreign nationals in the United States who have been radicalized after entry into the United States and engaged in terrorism-related acts, or who have provided material support to terrorism-related organizations in countries that pose a threat to the United States, since the date of this order or the last reporting period, whichever is later; and

(iii) information regarding the number and types of acts of gender-based violence against women, including honor killings, in the United States by foreign nationals, since the date of this order or the last reporting period, whichever is later; and

(iv) any other information relevant to public safety and security as determined by the Secretary of Homeland Security and the Attorney General, including information on the immigration status of foreign nationals charged with major offenses.

(b) The Secretary of State shall, within one year of the date of this order, provide a report on the estimated long-term costs of the USRAP at the Federal, State, and local levels.
Sec. 11. General Provisions. (a) Nothing in this order shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:

(i) the authority granted by law to an executive department or agency, or the head thereof; or

(ii) the functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals.

(b) This order shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.

(c) This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

DONALD J. TRUMP

THE WHITE HOUSE, January 27, 2017

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Legend
Legend
P
September 11, 2001 - Nineteen al Qaeda members hijack four US passenger airliners. Two are flown into the Twin Towers in New York, one crashes into the Pentagon and another crashes into the Pennsylvania countryside after passengers attempt to wrest control of the aircraft to prevent an attack on the US Capitol. At the World Trade Center site 2,753 people are killed; 184 at the Pentagon; and 40 in Shanksville, Pennsylvania. A total of 2,977 people are killed.

All were from Saudi Arabia yet Saudi Arabia is not on the list.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Daily Caller News Foundation

There’s A Likely Reason Why Saudi Arabia Isn’t On Trump’s Immigration Ban

Saagar Enjeti
Reporter
01/30/2017

Two days after Saudi Arabia’s absence from Friday’s U.S. temporary travel suspension order, President Donald Trump asked the country to join him in trying to create a safe zone in Syria.

Saudi Arabia’s King agreed to Trump’s proposal to implement a safe zone in Syria in a Sunday phone call. Trump’s inclusion of Saudi Arabia in the travel ban might have soured diplomatic relations over Syria, and eventual negotiations on the Iran deal.

White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus indicated Sunday the list of affected countries could be expanded to include Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, or Egypt.

The Saudi Press Agency reported after the call that “the view of the two leaders were identical,” on the matter of safe zones. The White House readout of the call also said, “The president requested and the King agreed to support safe zones in Syria and Yemen, as well as supporting other ideas to help the many refugees who are displaced by the ongoing conflicts.”

Trump couched safe zone implementation in Syria as a way to protect the U.S. from prospective infiltration by terrorists posing as refugees.

“I’ll absolutely do safe zones in Syria for the people,” he declared in a Thursday interview with ABCNews.

Any plan to establish a safe zone in Syria will require extraordinary diplomacy by Trump and Secretary of State designate Rex Tillerson. The zone will also likely have to be coordinated with the Russian and Turkish governments, who would in turn solicit the acquiescence of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s regime and the Islamic Republic of Iran.

Turkey’s foreign ministry tacitly endorsed the plan Thursday saying, “setting up of safe zones is something Turkey has advocated from the start.” A spokesman for the Russian government demurred on the safe-zone proposal saying “it is important that this does not exacerbate the situation with refugees, but probably all the consequences ought to be weighed up.”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/30/theres...mmigration-ban/

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah that makes sense. More Americans have died by terrorist acts on our own soil at the hands of Saudis than all other foreign terrorists combined so since Trump agrees with their government, we should just ignore that.

It's funny. I'm using common sense that would actually expand the ban to another country with terrorists but people who support Trump disagree with it?

Maybe you should explain that to 9/11 victims families.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
5B is what everyone has a problem with as they know this is the caveat for the Muslim ban.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Yeah that makes sense. More Americans have died by terrorist acts on our own soil at the hands of Saudis than all other foreign terrorists combined so since Trump agrees with their government, we should just ignore that.

It's funny. I'm using common sense that would actually expand the ban to another country with terrorists but people who support Trump disagree with it?

Maybe you should explain that to 9/11 victims families.

Your idea of common sense is not common at all.
Common Sense dictates what is good for America, now and into the future, is paramount.

Your vindictive call for some kind of revenge serves no one.
If we can work a deal with the Saudi's to help the refugees find a safe place to live and bring an end to their need to flee the region, it serves American interests today and for the future.

Your use of the families of 9-11 to make a political statement against Trump and his supporters is offensive.

And no, it is not funny.

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 01/31/17 10:32 AM.
Legend
Legend
5B is what everyone has a problem with as they know this is the caveat for the Muslim ban.

Ok, this is 5B..

(b) Upon the resumption of USRAP admissions, the Secretary of State, in consultation with the Secretary of Homeland Security, is further directed to make changes, to the extent permitted by law, to prioritize refugee claims made by individuals on the basis of religious-based persecution, provided that the religion of the individual is a minority religion in the individual's country of nationality. Where necessary and appropriate, the Secretaries of State and Homeland Security shall recommend legislation to the President that would assist with such prioritization.

What is the issue with that? I've been told on this board many times that as a Christian, since Christians have always been in the majority in this country, that I should not whine about anything because we made the rules, we are in charge.. therefore we can't complain about being persecuted or mistreated or having our own rights infringed upon in this country. So how can a Muslim, in a country that is 95% Muslim and run by a totally Muslim government, complain about religious persecution?

yebat' Putin
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Islam is still split between two factions. Remember when the Christians originally used this country as a refuge that they were not running away from the persecution from Hindus, Muslims, or Jews, but other Christians.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't consider it funny at all 40. I consider it a tragic play of politics. Refugees have not claimed the death of our citizens in any way compared to what those Saudis did on 9/11. Thousands of U.S. deaths on their hands. Yet their nation is not on the list. 9/11 was a call to war. By far the worst terrorist act perpetrated on our nation. Yet they are exempt from the ban.

Your sly, slippery propaganda will not change that.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I don't consider it funny at all 40. I consider it a tragic play of politics. Refugees have not claimed the death of our citizens in any way compared to what those Saudis did on 9/11. Thousands of U.S. deaths on their hands. Yet their nation is not on the list. 9/11 was a call to war. By far the worst terrorist act perpetrated on our nation. Yet they are exempt from the ban.

Your sly, slippery propaganda will not change that.

The explanation I heard recently was that countries like Saudi Arabia and Egypt are not on the (temporary) list because they are more modernized and have a way of identifying their citizens so when a background check is conducted there's actual sufficient information available.

The other thing I think no one has considered is that we area all operating under the premise that the ONLY attacks and attempted attacks on the U.S. are the ones that have made the news.

Early on in the days of the War on Terror it was well known that the public would not know about many if not most of the attempts to attack our country for any number of reasons: national security, the need to not diseminate our tactics and procedures, possible additional leads in reference to other terrorist plots...

In the rush to make this another false flag issue about racism or bigotry or over simplifying the concept of national security, I think there's a pretty solid chance that behind the scenes intel could be a major factor in all of this. Certainly the countries subject to this temporary stay were identified under the previous Admin to have some issues in this area.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Politics, this board and reality. Who are we?

Link Copied to Clipboard