Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Wow! This has been a hell of a game.

Easily the best regular season game in recent memory. Probably preview of ECF

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
NAIL BITER

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Wow! This has been a hell of a game.

Easily the best regular season game in recent memory. Probably preview of ECF

Agreed on all points! This has been an amazing game.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Love kyrie Lebron Korver and TT all have had big plays tonight. I could watch games like this every night

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
Yea!!!!!

L
Legend
Legend
L
What.a.game. That was so fun. And ended in a win

L
Legend
Legend
L
Trading love for melo would kill this team

L
Legend
Legend
L
I was right about the shootout for sure..lol. The pace was crazy

Legend
Legend

We knew this already. But tonight showed how important Love is.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg

Yeah but I don't see how Lebron can't see that. Getting melo without trading love? Sure I'm ok with that. But you have to keep the big three

M
Legend
Legend
M

I'd give this less than a 1% chance of happening.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
That spin move 3ptr is going to be a season highlight.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
Legend
Legend
That "Kevin for Melo" rumor is coming out of NY, not Cleveland. I heard it's a Frank Isola, but not 100% sure.

I'd wait until we hear something from Lebron, the Cavs or a report from a Cleveland reporter.

I doubt the rumor.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
...oh yeah, great game tonight.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
ESPN is reporting it too, and not Woj, so it's probably total garbage.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
I'd wait until we hear something from Lebron, the Cavs or a report from a Cleveland reporter.

Case closed.....

Jason Lloyd
@JasonLloydNBA
Ty Lue on the Kevin Love trade rumors: "He's not going anywhere."

Tweet

Dave McMenamin Verified account
@mcten
Ty Lue on the trade rumors: "Kevin (Love) should be happy that teams want him, but he's not going anywhere"

Tweet

M
Legend
Legend
M
Bottlegate
@Bottlegate
Ty Lue just dunked on Frank Isola's face

Tweet with video of Lue on Love trade rumor

R
Legend
Legend
R

Yeah but I don't see how Lebron can't see that. Getting melo without trading love? Sure I'm ok with that. But you have to keep the big three

This team wouldn't even make the Finals with a Love for Anthony swap. The Cavs would literally have no rebounding with that scenario. Love is an elite rebounder. He's a perfect fit for the way this team is constructed.

One thing I'd like to see the Cavs do more of is run the offense through Love consistently when Lebron is out of the game. Love is much more assertive when LeBron's not on the floor. He's a great decision maker with the ball and funneling the game through Love in the post allows the Cavs to control the pace of the game. I think they should do this even when Irving is in with Love. My damn DVR wasn't set to record long enough for the game tonight so I didn't get to see Irving's heroics but he was hot trash for pretty much the entire game. Terrible decision making. I wonder if the Olympics are catching up with him.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
R
Legend
Legend
R
Love kyrie Lebron Korver and TT all have had big plays tonight. I could watch games like this every night

I've never seen you so positive, even in victory.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
Legend
Legend
The game was that good! naughtydevil

R
Legend
Legend
R
Felder looks like it's bring your kid to work day

I read this five minutes ago and I'm still laughing.

Legend
Legend

Great game.. how in the hell does LeBron miss that layup? He makes that 999 out of 1000 times. Oh well, guess that means he's not due to miss another one for a long time.

yebat' Putin
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

This team wouldn't even make the Finals with a Love for Anthony swap. The Cavs would literally have no rebounding with that scenario. Love is an elite rebounder. He's a perfect fit for the way this team is constructed.

One thing I'd like to see the Cavs do more of is run the offense through Love consistently when Lebron is out of the game. Love is much more assertive when LeBron's not on the floor. He's a great decision maker with the ball and funneling the game through Love in the post allows the Cavs to control the pace of the game. I think they should do this even when Irving is in with Love. My damn DVR wasn't set to record long enough for the game tonight so I didn't get to see Irving's heroics but he was hot trash for pretty much the entire game. Terrible decision making. I wonder if the Olympics are catching up with him.

Yeah Irving has been horribly inefficient, Lue is grinding the big three into the ground, the all star break is coming at right time. But not signing some pgs to 10 days in inexcusable. Griff has dropped the ball on that. I agree about love, if they ran it through him the whole game he'd average 26-28 a night. He can do so much more than he's been doing. He's made great sacrifices to his game here. Totally respect that mindset from him. Melo has never been as good as love, why would we trade for an old melo. Lues tweet makes me feel better, though the whole thing seemed a long shot to me

L
Legend
Legend
L
Felder looks like it's bring your kid to work day

I read this five minutes ago and I'm still laughing.

When he got blocked I genuinely felt bad for him..lol and then he ran into gortat on the other end and look like a truck hit him... welcome to NBA rook

R
Legend
Legend
R
I want to add another general comment.

When Jordan played, you always thought that every shot he took in close games was going in no matter where he took the shot from. He had turned it into an expectation, not a surprise. Kobe was different. He was capable of moments like that but he was such a volume shooter that his good moments were offset with bad shots that kept the other team hanging around. LeBron is starting to feel like Jordan to me. Jordan wasn't considered a long range shooter but if you could pick Jordan taking a contested 3 pointer for game winner or a wide open 3 pointer with the best 3 point shooter of all time to take a game winning 3, you're picking Jordan. LeBron's starting to feel like that. It's like he's playing a different caliber of basketball than everyone else. There's high school ball, college ball, pro ball, and then there's LeBron. He's 1b in my book.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I'm going to add another general comment. Love may not be a good defender but it's not for a lack of trying. He just doesn't possess the lateral movement, but the guy gives effort on the defensive end pretty much all game, every game. Kyrie only tries on defense sometimes. It's frustrating to watch. I think LeBron was getting fed up with Irving on the defensive side of the ball tonight.

Legend
Legend
Lebron just fouled out, ruined a great game which will be a loss now

R-E-L-A-X.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
just saw the highlights, looked like a crazy game

one thing though, how in the hell did they not call a travel on lebron that one play LOL

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M

When Jordan played, you always thought that every shot he took in close games was going in no matter where he took the shot from. He had turned it into an expectation, not a surprise. Kobe was different. He was capable of moments like that but he was such a volume shooter that his good moments were offset with bad shots that kept the other team hanging around. LeBron is starting to feel like Jordan to me. Jordan wasn't considered a long range shooter but if you could pick Jordan taking a contested 3 pointer for game winner or a wide open 3 pointer with the best 3 point shooter of all time to take a game winning 3, you're picking Jordan. LeBron's starting to feel like that. It's like he's playing a different caliber of basketball than everyone else. There's high school ball, college ball, pro ball, and then there's LeBron. He's 1b in my book.

Totally see what you're saying here. His 3pt shot has improved immensely since he was last here.

my two cents...
D
Legend
Legend
D
That three pointer by LBJ from the pass by Love, one of the best plays I've seen all year. Talk about suffocating the life and energy at the arena there.

Wow, just wow.

Legend
Legend
For those that missed it:

The whole game was one for that ages too. It really felt like a playoff game.

H
All Pro
All Pro
H
I stopped watching after he missed the layup. I was sure the game was done.

Wow.

We're trying to throw the ball downfield and he checked the ball down to Trent Richardson and the Indians on the choice.
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: homer_brown
I stopped watching after he missed the layup. I was sure the game was done.

Wow.

I was sure the Super Bowl was over by half time too, but I didn't shut it off, cause you just can't count Belichic or Brady out.

That and I was holding out hope that there would've been a decent commercial to see (that didn't happen).

my two cents...
Legend
Legend
My brother watched some of the game, but not the end, mentioned that LeBron is "overrated" and is "good at defense, but should just leave offense to other people"

I sent him a link to that shot.

"A lucky pass followed by a lucky shot?"

The weird thing is he actually played basketball, in HS, probably could of played in college if he wasn't lazy.

I've just labeled him a hater and don't really try to debate with him about certain things.

He also started rooting for Golden State because he likes Klay Thompson. So yeah.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
confirmation bias is a powerful thing.

Legend
Legend
I'm going to add another general comment. Love may not be a good defender but it's not for a lack of trying. He just doesn't possess the lateral movement, but the guy gives effort on the defensive end pretty much all game, every game. Kyrie only tries on defense sometimes. It's frustrating to watch. I think LeBron was getting fed up with Irving on the defensive side of the ball tonight.

Love is not a great defender, but I think that he is playing better defense that any other time in his career, and as you said, he is giving the effort.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

Great game.. how in the hell does LeBron miss that layup? He makes that 999 out of 1000 times. Oh well, guess that means he's not due to miss another one for a long time.

kind of like the curry miss against the kings

L
Legend
Legend
L

I'd have to add that Kyrie has that factor too, we have two guys that will put that pressure on their back and more than likely make it happen..thats got to terrify teams..

L
Legend
Legend
L

Yeah Love gives 100% just about all the time..can't fault him, but Lebron last night you could tell he felt the playoff implications as well. I saw him yelling at Kyrie, TT and Frye on several occasions on defensive lapse. So yeah I think Lebron realizes it needs to be better effort. Which down the stretch everyone tightened up. But it was a track meet for a game on both teams..Sometimes you just have to say screw it and enjoy it for what it was

M
Legend
Legend
M
Here is great camera angle in slow motion of just how incredible the pass Kevin Love made to Lebron and the shot, as well.

Rachel Nichols Verified account
@Rachel__Nichols
There are like a thousand highlights from this Cavs-Wizards game but let's all just look at this one 16 or 17 times, shall we?
#PhantomCam

Kevin Love Pass and LBJ Shot: Slow Motion Video

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum NBA & Cavs Discussion

Link Copied to Clipboard