Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#1231476 02/09/17 10:46 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
And the winner of the last Cavs roster spot is ..... Derrick Williams??

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-cavs-to-sign-derrick-williams-to-10-day-contract-134620861.html

Guess we'll have the #1 and #2 picks of the Kyrie draft! But that still leaves us without a backup PG or Center.

Legend
Legend
yeah, it's worth a shot iguess

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I remember the 2011 draft though. Kyrie was the consensus #1, but there was a lot of talk about taking Williams #1 and then grabbing one of next best Point Guards at #4 because the draft was so loaded with them. Instead we took Irving and Tristan. Looks like that one worked out for us!

But that still gives us one Center, one Point Guard, and a pile of other people that are somewhere on the scale of PF to SG.

Also, as for the game yesterday. It's great to see Korver finally find his shot and go off like that. He just needs to play the JR role, and he was doing his best impressions yesterday. When healthy, we'll have 3 guys that we can run the offense through in Irving, Lebron and Love ... and then guys in JR, Korver, and Frye that can go off from the 3-point line on any given night.

Legend
Legend
There's talk of sitting the Big 3 tonight. On the road in OKC and having played last night.

Sure, sit them. With Boston losing to Sacramento without Boogie last night, I'd say tank it so they can rest. TNT won't be happy though.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
L
Legend
Legend
L
i would have rather have signed Stephenson earlier this week. But oh well..if he can't play well along side lebron he'll never be productive

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
There's talk of sitting the Big 3 tonight. On the road in OKC and having played last night.

Sure, sit them. With Boston losing to Sacramento without Boogie last night, I'd say tank it so they can rest. TNT won't be happy though.

I absolutely rest all of them, their minutes have been ridiculous lately. Though Lue said they might want to play because of the grove they've been in.. I get that too, but I'd rather sit them, or just have them maybe play a half

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
D
Legend
Legend
D
Truthfully, for the sake of continuing the chemistry we seemed to have started to build these last few games, play them! I don't like the amount of minutes our stars are playing either, but...

JMO

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Play them, but reduce their minutes. They keep the flow going but at the same time it's not as rough on them.

Plus, it gives the bench more time to gel.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
Legend
Legend

No, TNT won't be happy but they did get Cavs vs Wizards the other night which was one of the best regular season games so far.

The Cavs have a chance tonight to sweep a 4 game road trip for the first time since 1992..

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
That's going to be a tall order....we embarassed them in our place a few weeks ago. I'm sure they want some payback.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: jfanent
That's going to be a tall order....we embarassed them in our place a few weeks ago. I'm sure they want some payback.

And I think we are playing without our big 3.. so with JR out, our last man not available yet.. I think we are playing with a 9 man roster of backups tonight.. it's going to be ugly.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Shump is out too.

Well, maybe we'd be back to 9 if Williams is playing.

Last edited by Punchsmack; 02/09/17 07:25 PM.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R

L
Legend
Legend
L
crap game, i didn't like playing the big 3...other than kyrie they looked tired and uninterested, our bigs, particularly TT got demolished by Adams. We didn't gain anything playing the big 3...should have yanked them at half. I cannot wait until McRae is no longer on this team. I will say Williams surprised me for being his first game, i think he has the potential to do some things here because of his athleticism and hustle that maybe he couldn't do other places.. Not sure why jefferson didn't play much.

D
Legend
Legend
D
They looked gassed for sure and they knew it and cranked the tempo up on us. I was for playing the big 3 for chemistry and etc building, but after watching most of the game yesterday - it would've been smarter to sit them.

1st String
1st String
Cavs send Andersen to Hornets, free up roster spot
http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1231224

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: BustkeviousMingo
Cavs send Andersen to Hornets, free up roster spot
http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1231224

Grif planning a move.

Two more weeks until the trade deadline.

[Linked Image]

D
Legend
Legend
D
So now, along with the always apparent back issues, Love has a knee issue? A second opinion is being sought out?

I think his body is just crumbling.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
So now, along with the always apparent back issues, Love has a knee issue? A second opinion is being sought out?

I think his body is just crumbling.

I wanted the Cavs to sit him for 2+ weeks and through the All Star break when he was dealing with those back issues. When your back is messed up, it makes you compensate in odd ways that tend to mess up other areas of your body. I'm hoping he just needs a few weeks of rest.

We got very un-Cleveland lucky last June when our team was mostly healthy when we needed them. Well, not counting Kevin's concussion.

I figure the sports God's are now paying us back, with the Tribe's starters issues and now Kevin. Oh well. We'll always have Father's Day 2016.

[Linked Image]

L
Legend
Legend
L
This Love knee thing could be really bad...you don't get second opinions on something thats just bumps and bruises..Sounds like it's something structural.

1st String
1st String
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18678...lay-three-weeks

Some good news for the Cavs. JR should be back mid March

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
Legend
Legend
That's great news. Hopefully the rest of the team won't be sidelined by then. crazy

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
That's great news. Hopefully the rest of the team won't be sidelined by then. crazy

Yeah I've been concerned about 2 things, one is how hard Lue has been riding his stars into the ground despite signs of fatigue and breakdown, and second, griffin not doing anything to address it..I understand making the trades etc takes time, but we have had anopen roster spot forever he could have signed someone to a 10 day much sooner than he did. Send felder to Dleague and sign someone that can help to a 10 day..we just have too many guys on the bench that don't contribute and its starting to take it's toll. Hopefully it all gets sorted in the next couple weeks

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
This Love knee thing could be really bad...you don't get second opinions on something thats just bumps and bruises..Sounds like it's something structural.

I'm wondering if there is a slight tear and they're seeking advice on how soon he can play on it. It happens often and guys will get surgery in the offseason.

fingerscrossed

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Cavs announce Kevin Love underwent arthroscopic surgery to remove a loose body from his left knee this morning. Will miss approx 6 weeks

Cavaliers forward and 2017 NBA All-Star Kevin Love underwent arthroscopic surgery to remove a loose body from his left knee this morning at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City. The procedure was performed by Dr. David Altchek with Dr. James Rosneck of the Cleveland Clinic present. Love will now undergo a period of rest and rehabilitation and his return to play is estimated at approximately six weeks. His status will be updated as appropriate.

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/releases/status-update-klove-170214

Last edited by GratefulDawg; 02/14/17 12:03 PM.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
So, if we're lucky and all goes as planned, Kevin will be back in time to play ~7 games in April and then the playoffs begin.

And JR will return middle of March as well.

Damn, two starters down for the next month. At least the All Star break is during that period.

[Linked Image]

L
Legend
Legend
L
i'm ok with this..that will give him a month to get into shape for a playoff run

L
Legend
Legend
L
So, if we're lucky and all goes as planned, Kevin will be back in time to play ~7 games in April and then the playoffs begin.

And JR will return middle of March as well.

Damn, two starters down for the next month. At least the All Star break is during that period.

I bet we'll get an extended look at williams for sure.. no doubt we trade for a big now...I'd move some of these dead bodies like felder, mcrae, jones for people that can play

C
Legend
Legend
C
Should have traded him for Melo when they had the chance. . .

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
Cavs announce Kevin Love underwent arthroscopic surgery to remove a loose body from his left knee this morning. Will miss approx 6 weeks

Cavaliers forward and 2017 NBA All-Star Kevin Love underwent arthroscopic surgery to remove a loose body from his left knee this morning at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City. The procedure was performed by Dr. David Altchek with Dr. James Rosneck of the Cleveland Clinic present. Love will now undergo a period of rest and rehabilitation and his return to play is estimated at approximately six weeks. His status will be updated as appropriate.

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/releases/status-update-klove-170214

Love is lost on Valentine's Day. How fitting.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Tristan Thompson needs a surgery to remove that loose body that keeps hanging around him.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
Tristan Thompson needs a surgery to remove that loose body that keeps hanging around him.

lol /thread

L
Legend
Legend
L
Really need to look at Larry Sanders

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Quote:
Ownership has given #Cavs green light to increase payroll/tax, per AmicoHoops source. Team said to be working on several trade possibilities

https://twitter.com/AmicoHoops/status/831550391930191874

Tackles are tackles.
C
Legend
Legend
C
The Raptors got Serge Ibaka. He is a nice role player for them. Lowry, DeRozan, Jonas, and Ibaka is a pretty good four man unit.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
The Raptors got Serge Ibaka. He is a nice role player for them. Lowry, DeRozan, Jonas, and Ibaka is a pretty good four man unit.

This is our Eastern Conference Finals opponent.

Tackles are tackles.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

The Celtics and Wizards have also been very good lately (the Celtics could also make a pretty big move if they wanted to).

I think this is the strongest the East has been in awhile (at the top at least), but the team that has LeBron will always be the favorite.

Legend
Legend

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

The Celtics and Wizards have also been very good lately (the Celtics could also make a pretty big move if they wanted to).

I think this is the strongest the East has been in awhile (at the top at least), but the team that has LeBron will always be the favorite.

I overlooked the Wizards but still think it's Toronto.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Should have traded him for Melo when they had the chance. . .

Not sure if serious.

Kevin is one of five active players that is averaging 20/10 (Cousins, KAT, Westbrook & Anthony Davis are the others). Melo is trash compared to Kevin and what Kevin does for this team.

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum NBA and Cavs Discussion II

Link Copied to Clipboard