Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
https://www.yahoo.com/news/ford-not-scrapping-plans-build-mexico-factories-company-021839351.html

Mexico City (AFP) - Ford is sticking with its plan to build two new factories in Mexico, despite an announcement last month that it had scrapped plans for a plant in the central state of San Luis Potosi.

The US carmaker said a planned factory in the central state of Guanajuato will build engines and transmissions, while another in the northern city of Chihuahua will make car parts for use by Ford factories in the United States, South America and Asia.

The two facilities will cost about $2.5 billion and employ some 3,800 people, said Gabriel Lopez, president and CEO of Ford Mexico.

Ford without warning last month canceled plans to build a $1.6 billion project in San Luis Potosi.

It is one of several American companies coming under pressure from US President Donald Trump, who has offered inducements to keep some US manufacturers in the United States, and threatened others with punishing tariffs if they go.

Ford, which has been operating in Mexico for about 90 years, currently employs around 9,000 workers in Mexico, according to Lopez.

_______

40 and Diam specifically were claiming victory for Trump about this before. I await you guys responses.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
In response to the actual topic, let me say that too anybody who thinks lowering the tax rate matters, I present to you exhibit A.

It doesn't matter how much you lower the tax rate, or promise to lower it. Especially to companies who already pay next to NOTHING in taxes to begin with. These businesses do not care. Because guys like Carrier, Ford, etc are going to continue using cheap labor in order to turn profits. They won't pay American workers a fair wage if they aren't forced to.

And lowering wages is a conversation that this country isn't prepared to discussed. That's pretty much Taboo.

When you deregulate and lower taxes without having any safe guards for the American worker, you get this. Business can and will do whatever they want in the name of profits. And in this country, corporations hold all the power.

Well....

Last edited by Swish; 02/17/17 01:56 PM.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Because guys like Carrier, Ford, etc are going to continue using cheap labor in order to turn profits. They won't pay American workers a fair wage if they aren't forced to.

The average wage for a production/maintenance worker at Boeing plant in Charleston, SC is $20.59/hour.. and they just yesterday voted NO to unionizing. They aren't forced to but I'd say over $20/hour is a decent wage as an average.

yebat' Putin
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
And your comments on Ford and Carrier?

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
And your comments on Ford and Carrier?

Because guys like Carrier, Ford, etc

I don't know what Ford and Carriers wages are, so I was commenting on etc.

yebat' Putin
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Well, the wages for some Americans workers at Ford is about to be zero.

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Legend
Legend
A
And that's Trump's fault, right?

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Trump claimed victory over it, didn't he?

Maybe he should keep his mouth shut instead of claiming victory of events that haven't transpired yet.

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:
Ford, which has been operating in Mexico for about 90 years, currently employs around 9,000 workers in Mexico, according to Lopez.

Quote:
The two facilities will cost about $2.5 billion and employ some 3,800 people, said Gabriel Lopez, president and CEO of Ford Mexico.
I highly doubt Ford just up and decided, in the last 100 days, to spend $2.5 billion in Mexico.

Just as I highly doubt the only reason for Ford canceling the other plant was due simply to Trump being elected.
Quote:
Ford without warning last month canceled plans to build a $1.6 billion project in San Luis Potosi.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Again, trump claimed victory in getting Ford to cancel their plans.

So what happened?

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Trump claimed victory over it, didn't he?

Maybe he should keep his mouth shut instead of claiming victory of events that haven't transpired yet.

Trump makes lots of claims... So far, nothing! That carrier thing was a kinda joke.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
A
Legend
Legend
A
Again, trump claimed victory in getting Ford to cancel their plans.

So what happened?

Let me break it down for you, from a fundamental standpoint.

Trump did what every politician in the last......forever? has done. Tout good news as if it were a result of them, and disregard bad news.

This is really nothing new.

But, we're talking about an R, so this is huge news for some, and they'll blame trump. Instead of realizing this was in the makings for probably years, by Ford, and under O's admin.

Blame game, fame game. But, you have no respect for me anyway, so, carry on.

Last edited by archbolddawg; 02/17/17 03:12 PM.
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I dunno what's lack of respect for you has to do with this particular topic. Stay focused.

If trump can claim victory out of his OWN mouth for keeping the ford jobs in America, then by his own standard, he should take the blame for when it backfires.

Don't blame me, blame your president for taking a unwarranted victory lap.

- Theodore Roosevelt
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Was this your quote from the other thread as one of Obama's accomplishments? "Business admitting that they already planned to invest in America even before trump came along (Ford, Amazon, etc)". Did you take an unwarranted victory lap?

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Definitely didn't, as unlike Trump, I didn't make the claim that it was a lock to happen. And if I recall, Obama never made a claim that he personally got businesses to invest here. Not on Trumps level, anyway.

Trap failed. Try again

Last edited by Swish; 02/17/17 03:45 PM.

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Legend
Legend
D
My response ..... ummmm ... not exactly sure what you just read ... here's what i read .....

Ford was building 3 plants in Mexico according to 2015 plans ... after Trump wins election they decide to only build 2 in Mexico and invest 700 million here and create 700 jobs here ... the CEO of Ford attributes this to the business friendly climate Trump promises to bring ...

This article seems to sum that up ... granted .. they try and make it look like something changed when in fact as far as i can tell ,,, nothing has changed ...

Ford is still building there 2 plants in Mexico and investing 700 mill in the US ... I'm not even sure what the news is here ....

B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
I'm not trapping just asking a question. Too many people get way to defensive when a question is asked on what they said on here. I didn't say Obama nor Trump either. I said you made the claim in the other thread. You also said it was an indisputable fact that Ford planned to invest in America. Unless maybe Ford is investing in both the US and Mexico. I honestly don't know.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: bg819
I'm not trapping just asking a question. Too many people get way to defensive when a question is asked on what they said on here. I didn't say Obama nor Trump either. I said you made the claim in the other thread. You also said it was an indisputable fact that Ford planned to invest in America. Unless maybe Ford is investing in both the US and Mexico. I honestly don't know.

Let me see if I can sum it up for you: Obama spent pretty much 8 years blaming W. The left loved it, and agreed with it. Totally blamed W for anything bad that happened under Obama.

But, things have changed, dont'cha know? NOW, anything bad, even if companies had planned it for quite some time under Obama, is all Trumps fault.

There.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
At this point nobody knows.

Nobody knows anymore with the economic climate in uncertainty. Will business who pledge to invest in America after a trump victory honor that?

Will businesses who already planned on investing in America prior to a trump victory continue, or fall backB

We will see. But right now, it's looking real rough

And understand this, we saw it during the bush administration. Tax cuts means high profits for businesses, but that did NOT equal more employment opportunities for the American worker, as we continued to lose jobs.

So.....history has an odd way of repeating itself. And I ain't optimistic about the future so far.

Last edited by Swish; 02/17/17 04:31 PM.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Swish...Not sure what your looking for...but read Diam's post.
Ford is bringing back 1 plant to the USA and leaving the other two in MEX. Nothing new here, Trump helped keep at least one of the plants here in the USA. You trying to make it seem like Trump lost out on this is silly.

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Go back and watch what trump claimed.

Don't get mad at me, be mad at your boy for claiming victory far too early. I'm only commenting on what's happening. I didn't make the claim on twitter or during a press conference; the president did.

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Legend
Legend
A

Don't get mad at me, be mad at your boy for claiming victory far too early.

Wow, reminds me of you, claiming victory for hillary months before the election.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
You're right.

Which if you add in my experience, makes me more qualified to be president than Trump.

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Legend
Legend
A
You're right.

Which if you add in my experience, makes me more qualified to be president than Trump.
saywhat

rofl

A
Legend
Legend
A
You're right.

What is your experience?

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Not being a draft dodger, for one.

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Legend
Legend
A
Not being a draft dodger, for one.

Cool. When were you drafted?

So, your military service qualifies you to be president?

You 35 yet?

Oh, what about hillary, and her non service?
Presidents? What about Bill? Or Barack? I'm sorry, I forgot which arm of the military they served in.

Last edited by archbolddawg; 02/17/17 04:45 PM.
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
You confuse draft dodging with not voluntarily serving.

You're inability to separate the two is sad, yet unsurprising.

I wasn't old enough to vote for Clinton. I have zero idea about his time, as when he was elected in 92, I was 5 years old.

However, I do know that obama was not old enough to be drafted. So it's impossible for him to dodge a draft he wasn't old enough to be apart of. When he was old enough, the military was volunteer. Military service isnt required to be president sure, but if you don't serve, maybe you should cool it with banging on the drums of war.

Hillary also wasn't eligible to be drafted cause she's a woman.

I know you don't possess the ability to break things down, so I'm happy to do it for you.

I certainly think my service helps overall. 8 years, 4 deployments. I think part of my middle eastern heritage would also help in foreign relations with those countries as well.

I've also been married to one woman, do not have 5 kids by three different baby moms. I also do not owe hundreds of millions of dollars in debt to foreign banks, including Russian businessmen with ties to the Kremlin.

I've also qualified and maintain a security clearance while active.

So in 2024, I could run, and certainly be a more qualified candidate than trump was.

If a celebrity is qualified to be president, then I certainly have the qualifications.

Your snark continues to backfire on you. All well, not my problem.

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: bleednbrown
Ford is bringing back 1 plant to the USA and leaving the other two in MEX. Nothing new here, Trump helped keep at least one of the plants here in the USA. You trying to make it seem like Trump lost out on this is silly.

Pretty sure SWISH went and actually read the article .... now i bet he wishes he could go delete the entire thread ... *LOL* ...

go smoke another joint stoner .... NOTHING HERE .....

thumbsup

A
Legend
Legend
A
So, when were you drafted? Ok, you weren't. Kudo's to you for volunteering.

My snark isn't snark, sorry I have to explain that to you. But, you don't respect me, and have said so, so, that's cool.

Tell me though, how does military service qualify anyone to be the CEO of a country? How does not having military experience disqualify one to be CEO of a country?

It doesn't.

Draft dodgers - that's what your point was. And that is a legitimate point. Am I to suppose that Trump was able to dodge the draft due to money, or rather, being from a monied family? I can see that.

He got a medical deferment for a bone spur, although he couldn't remember which foot it was. And, he did get, if I remember correctly, 4 "student" deferments. (that the right terminology?)

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
i read the article.

and i still agree with mine. no point of deleting a thread that's valid. so i dunno what you're talking about.

drunk? its 4:23 on a friday so you're in the clear. just don't get past the point you can't see the computer screen. it will be bad for all of us.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
so you're trying to use the fact that i wasn't a twinkle in anybody's eyes when the draft was implemented as a negative?

"So, when were you drafted? Ok, you weren't. Kudo's to you for volunteering."

^^^ lol, that makes absolutely no sense.

military service certainly doesn't qualify me to be a CEO of a country.....but it does for PRESIDENT of a country. running a nation isn't a business. please stop, you're not making a lick of sense right now.

again, if you read my post, which you clearly didn't, i already answered your question. not volunterring to serve in the military is NOT the same as dodging the draft. that's a fallacy. please stop.

draft dodging is a legitimate point, which is why it's even more confusing that you tried to compare that to Obama or Hillary....who didn't dodge the draft.

your argument is terrible because you're not comparing apples to apples.

it's funny how he got a deferment for a bone spur, yet claimed he's the healthiest president in history.

odd.

Arch, if you're cool with draft dodgers representing our nation as the leader of the free world, just say so.

i, however, am not. and won't ever agree.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Quote:
And if I recall, Obama never made a claim that he personally got businesses to invest here. Not on Trumps level, anyway.

Nope, he just claimed that his policies are the reason we created 15 million (big lie) jobs while he was president.

yebat' Putin
S
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
S
Originally Posted By: bleednbrown

Ford is still moving the Focus production to Mexico, it is just going to an existing plant. The lower demand for the Focus lead to the decision to cancel the plant.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/autos/fo...duction-n702761

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Don't even get why this is an issue. Are the ford jobs in the US being taken away? I am pretty sure they are still being made. So the entire article is a non issue.

Swish are you saying that Trump broke the law? You accuse him of being a draft dodger but did he do anything illegal? Do you have any actual evidence of it or are you just spamming hearsay?

"If a celebrity is qualified to be president, then I certainly have the qualifications." When exactly did you become a celebrity?

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Broke the law?

The guy deferments, like tons of other entitled rich kids who daddy's paid so that their kids wouldn't get drafted and go to Nam.

That's draft dodging. Sure, he did it "legally" but it doesn't make it any less terrible.

He's been a celebrity for decades. Where the hell have you been, under a rock?

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
Well it's always been excused if you involve enough money.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
My point is that one you don't know if he had bones spurs or not so you're just speculating. Two he didn't break the law. There were many that didn't support war in Nam. I don't believe in drafts to fight wars that don't affect the US. They were never going to fight it out with China over North Vietnam anyways because they didn't want to fight China who was backing them. I don't agree with any war where you don't let your soldiers fight to win. Therefore I don't blame anyone for doing what they could to avoid being sent off for something where they want you to die without ever having the hope of victory due to politics.

I have a lot of family that went to vietnam. Some by choice and some who were forced. None of them ever blamed people lucky enough not to go. They only thing they ever got mad about was having our government not let them win by using full military force and going all out to win.

So Trump didn't break the law and used his brain to stay out of a war he didn't support. He HAS however over the past several decades done amazing work to help out vets so I think that more than makes up for it. Even my father who is a HARDCORE democrat loves Trump because of all the aid to vets he has done over the years.

Feel free to attack him on real matters like his stance on the environment that I hate but on this issue your just wasting your time.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
He's a draft dodger, he also lied about donating all that money to vets.

Defend him all you want. I don't agree with you on this. At all. Dude is an absolute joke.

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Legend
Legend
D
He's a draft dodger, he also lied about donating all that money to vets.

Defend him all you want. I don't agree with you on this. At all. Dude is an absolute joke.

Thank god the commie draft dodger understands peace through strength ....

Thank god the commie draft dodger will start treating our vets better than the scum of society ...

Oh wait .. sorry ... i short changed him ...

Thank God the commie draft dodging absolute joke wants to enforce our laws ...

Sorry about short hanging him Swish ... my bad ... it won't happen again ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Ford not scrapping plans to build Mexico factories: company exec

Link Copied to Clipboard