Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
#1 Garrett, without hesitation

#12 is wide open. There are several names I would be glad to see there, (in no particular order) Adams, Hooker, Latimore, Fornette, Trubisky, Watson, and Foster. There are probably others I can't think of off the top of my head. If we are able to trade for Garoppolo, I wouldn't be angry if it costs us this pick as well.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
sidney jones the db that gilbert wish he was
garrett

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
1: Garrett. He solidified his spot at #1 this weekend.

12: If we make the trade for JG I would be happy using this pick. If we don't get him, I like Peppers at 12.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
You really think Quincy Wilson will last until the forth ??

I think so, I have a 3rd grade on him due to his backpedal and him playing grab ass because he is slow to turn. The depth probably will push him down the board a bit. Good player that could have used another year in college but he could play in this league for a long time with the right coaching.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
JC: My 1 & 12 at this current point would be

1) Myles Garrett
12) Sidney Jones (Although I'd take Jamal Adams if he's there by any chance, just think he'll be long gone)

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
You really think Quincy Wilson will last until the forth ??

I think so, I have a 3rd grade on him due to his backpedal and him playing grab ass because he is slow to turn. The depth probably will push him down the board a bit. Good player that could have used another year in college but he could play in this league for a long time with the right coaching.

That's a very fair assessment. I've had him ranked ~8th best CB in the draft, but after this week he's in the teens. But do you take age into account? He's one of the younger corners and I know some teams absolutely love young players who look talented. I certainly think there's going to be some good corners left in the 4th.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Yeah, I forget which commentator said it this morning, but they quoted an NFL scout who said that this year you would be able to get a corner in round 4 who would normally be drafted in either rounds 2 or 3 in other years.

Strong class!!!

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Garrett at #1. BPA at #12 and I'm favoring another D player with this pick.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Yeah, I forget which commentator said it this morning, but they quoted an NFL scout who said that this year you would be able to get a corner in round 4 who would normally be drafted in either rounds 2 or 3 in other years.

Strong class!!!

Hopefully we get 2!

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk
1A - Garrett
1B - depends on who's there. I'm really high on Hooker/Adams though.

Garoppolo isn't worth a 12.

What he said, well, at least the part I copied

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think this is probably the most talented defensive back class ever. I would like to come out with at least 2 or 3 corners as well as a starting free safety.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I think this is probably the most talented defensive back class ever. I would like to come out with at least 2 or 3 corners as well as a starting free safety.

Yep. I think now that the combine is over the next logical step might be to open up some position based threads. Really try to discuss a wide variety of guys. Stimulate some good conversations.

Currently I'm finalizing my WR list and will hopefully have it posted within the next few days.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Mitch at #1 ..

Best d player available at 12

Brady! Brady! Brady!

(Sorry, just couldn't help myself)

If the Browns pass up a talent like Garrett at 1 for a QB, they had better be right .... because if they're wrong, heads will roll. Again.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
No trades or anything....

Garrett & Trubisky (he might fall)

OR

Garrett & O.J. Howard

I'm sure my opinion will change but this is what I've been thinking about lately.

I'm waiting until Saturday pending how we approach the Secondary.

If we ink a Jefferson and a Gilmore or Bouye.

I know this though. I want NO PART of Lattimore. Gotta feeling he's going to be playing at 80% constantly.

Peeps need to open their minds to an Offensive Weapon at 12. Davis, OJ Howard, even Dalvin Cook.

Legend
Legend
I bet we dont sign any secondary ... the draft is full of edge, TE, RB, and secondary talent. This is a very good draft

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I would be all in on that ! Had Wilson in the third myself ..

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
1. Garrett
12. Fournette if he gets by Carolina, Jets, etc. unless Allen is there.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R

This are the Browns, we will draft some DB scrubs on the 3rd round or something.

Remember, Browns are genius drafting, so they allways stay away from the draft strength...

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Originally Posted By: dean_fairchild
1. Garrett
12. Fournette if he gets by Carolina, Jets, etc. unless Allen is there.

Rb is the one position we are ok right now.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty
Rb is the one position we are ok right now.

I wouldn't mind Fornette at 12 though. As long as he's willing to pass block. Guy's a real good RB, built for the AFC North. He's done it for three years.

Definitely an upgrade over the Crow. And I like the Crow, but I think Fornette will show himself to be a good one

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
1. Garrett
12. in order: Hooker, Adams (LSU), S.Thomas, Allen (Bama), Humphrey, Lattimore, Trade Down if can get good value, Watson, Jones (UW), Mahomes, Trubisky, Conley

That's kind of off the top of my head. I'm probably forgetting people.
Hopefully I'll have time to look more in depth closer to the draft.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
fournette's weight worries me

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V
I am not a fan of Fournette. He is not a 3-down back.

He is an athletic freak,
But, he ain't no Zeke.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think Fournette falls to the late first maybe early 2nd. 240 with him in preparations means next year u can probably pencil him in showing up to camp at 260.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I think Fournette falls to the late first maybe early 2nd.

There is 0% chance of this happening (barring something weird happening).

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
He was 240 but no where near out of shape, he looked pretty ripped. Wouldn't surprise me if it eventually comes out that he played at that weight.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yea he was ripped and 240 so whats it gonna be when he doesnt have to prepare for the combines. He gets a boatload of cash and no supervision. I hope I am wrong and the kid does great but he has bust written all over his big ass lol

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yea he was ripped and 240 so whats it gonna be when he doesnt have to prepare for the combines. He gets a boatload of cash and no supervision. I hope I am wrong and the kid does great but he has bust written all over his big ass lol

Plenty of guys can get a boatload of cash and no supervision. He's 240 pounds of what looks to be muscle. He fast and powerful.

What makes you think he's so at risk of all this verses anyone else? He's done well for LSU for three years, was a star prospect going into college too.

I've been excited about the guy since he was a freshman at LSU. I'm still excited about him.

I think he'd do well for us, provided that he knows how to pass block. Because, he's a 3 down back when it's 3rd and reasonable IMO. And he looks good for the AFC North where a bruiser does well. Cold weather, playing outside and all

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Swish
But the #1 has to be Garrett.

The more everyone says it has to be Garrett.

The more I know we're going to be kicking ourselves that it was Garrett!

D
Legend
Legend
D
Garrett and Mitch...

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
1. Garrett
12. Allen (if he falls)
12b. Best DB available.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
12. Allen (if he falls)
12b. Best DB available.

Choosing who we want with the 12 is really difficult because we have no idea who'll be there. I mean, if Allen is there, I'd like him too. lol.

Same with if Adams falls to 12. Same with Trubisky. It's just hard to say

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Garrett and Mitch...

Best case scenario ... +1
thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I am not a fan of Fournette. He is not a 3-down back.

He is an athletic freak,
But, he ain't no Zeke.

Totally agree. If we want a three down back that is also a pass threat deep, go with McCaf. Fournette has poor hands and catching skills from what I've seen so far.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous
Quote:
12. Allen (if he falls)
12b. Best DB available.

Choosing who we want with the 12 is really difficult because we have no idea who'll be there. I mean, if Allen is there, I'd like him too. lol.

the rumbling is that Allen is going to fall because of his shoulders. I don't care bout his shoulders, he was dominate in college. if he is there we should get him.

Just imagine this front 7

Garret, Allen, Shelton, Ogba
Collins, Hightower, and Kirskey.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Plenty of guys can get a boatload of cash and no supervision. He's 240 pounds of what looks to be muscle. He fast and powerful.

What makes you think he's so at risk of all this verses anyone else? He's done well for LSU for three years, was a star prospect going into college too.

I've been excited about the guy since he was a freshman at LSU. I'm still excited about him.

I think he'd do well for us, provided that he knows how to pass block. Because, he's a 3 down back when it's 3rd and reasonable IMO. And he looks good for the AFC North where a bruiser does well. Cold weather, playing outside and all

Just weary of RBs that add weight Trich, Lacy then i get more cautious as he didnt want to play in the bowl game. Not a knock on his skill but depth of the position and his size combined with the bowl game could push him to late first early 2nd. Now if we were to take him, I would be just as excited as anyone cause I see his ptential. I do however expect him to slide and you are really gonna have to push him to keep the weight down or he will be a big bust.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Lurker
Quote:
12. Allen (if he falls)
12b. Best DB available.

the rumbling is that Allen is going to fall because of his shoulders. I don't care bout his shoulders, he was dominate in college. if he is there we should get him.

Just imagine this front 7

Garret, Allen, Shelton, Ogba
Collins, Hightower, and Kirskey.

I like Hightower, but don't see how he fits here. Like has been said, we don't play with 3 LBs that much. If possible, I'd prefer to get someone else. Someone in the secondary or on the offensive line.

But Garret, Allen, Shelton, Ogba sounds like a formidable defensive line. That's for sure.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just weary of RBs that add weight Trich, Lacy then i get more cautious as he didnt want to play in the bowl game. Not a knock on his skill but depth of the position and his size combined with the bowl game could push him to late first early 2nd. Now if we were to take him, I would be just as excited as anyone cause I see his ptential. I do however expect him to slide and you are really gonna have to push him to keep the weight down or he will be a big bust.

If he isn't showing up fat, what's it matter what he weighs, as long as he's quick enough to play the position? I'm just wondering if there's any clues as to him ever looking out of shape.

I've seen big guys who got too big. Eddie Lacey and Lendale White was overweight often. But Fournette has never looked like them to me. I think he looks like a beast. I think he'll stay a beast. You don't reach his level without a good work ethic.

And as for not playing, I don't blame him one bit. He dealt with injuries, was looking forward to the NFL, and they were playing Louisville in an optional bowl game.

I don't think he's gonna drop much at all to be honest. He'd be a pretty good pick for us at 12 IMO. The only thing I worry about, which I worry about with all rookie RBs is pass blocking. That's something that I like about the Crow. He's a decent blocker

V
Legend
Legend
V
Not playing vs playing is a hot topic.

I completely disagree w/you on this one.

What happens if he ends up on a team like the Browns and they are losing late in the season? Does he have a "mystery injury" and sits out at the end of the year?

What about when his contract is on it's last year? Does he not play in the second half of the year because he doesn't want to ruin his next payday?

What about his teammates? They know the scoop. Do you think they will ever fully trust a guy who thought more about himself than the team?

Nope..........not a fan of guys sitting out when they can play.

I don't expect you to agree. So, let's just say we view it completely different.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Garret and Hooker or Watson.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season 2017 NFL Draft Your pick for #1 and #12?

Link Copied to Clipboard