Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Legend
Legend
uh oh

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Twitter hack...

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Grossi is reporting it is a hoax/prank.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Jimmy Garoppolo Instagram goodbye appears to be a hoax

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 10, 2017, 5:45 AM EST

AP
For about an hour on early Friday morning, social media was abuzz with an apparent goodbye to New England from Patriots backup quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo. Did Garoppolo’s post mean he had been traded?

Apparently not. According to multiple reports, people close to Garoppolo say he’s not on Instagram at 4 a.m., and the post appears to be a hoax.

Garoppolo has been the subject of a great deal of trade scrutiny, with the Browns as the team most likely to acquire him. It’s true that the Browns, from all accounts, are high on Garoppolo. And it’s true that the Browns have the draft pick ammunition to go after him in a blockbuster trade.

But multiple reports say the Patriots have no plans to trade Garoppolo and would rather have him on the roster as insurance in case Tom Brady gets hurt or begins to show signs of age. Garoppolo becomes a free agent next year and won’t be Brady’s backup forever, but that’s what he remains for now, Instagram posts or not.

NBC/PFT

#gmstrong
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Now that we have Brock, why do we need Brock II (JG)?

It would be absurd to help Texas out of the hole and dig a bigger for us, but we never know, its the Browns afterall.

Last edited by rastanplan; 03/10/17 07:16 AM.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: rastanplan
Now that we have Brock, why do we need Brock II (JG)?

It would be absurd to help Texas out of the hole and dig a bigger for us, but we never know, its the Browns afterall.

So your assessment is slow footed and slow release Brock is the same player as faster footed and quick release JG. . . . I disagree.

And while many lauded the Browns creative use of cap space to their advantage, your saying "same old dysfunctional Browns" .... Again I disagree.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Honestly, we should probably keep Brock. We are already on the hook for his salary anyways, so whats the harm?

We draft Trubisky, sit him behind Brock for a year...if Brock works out, great, if not, we move on from Brock and we atleast gave out 1st rder a year to sit.

Contrary to popular belief, there is some potential is Osweiler. He played very well in Denver back in 2015. I don't think Houston was a good fit for him, and sometimes things just don't click.

Making an opinion of Brock soley on his performance in Houston is simply unfair, as the system in Denver showed Brock could play very well in the right environment.

We have nothing to lose giving Brock a shot, infact, Brock has atleast proven he can play at a high level, Jimmy G hasn't even played 3 games...the only thing Jimmy G has proven is he can get hurt.

The Browns should keep Osweiler, and take Trubisky in the draft...one of these two guys is probably the QB were after. It could be Brock, you just never know...we may be the glove his hands has been looking for since he left Denver.

im just not so quick to give up on a guy, i saw a talented viable NFL starter in Brock in Denver, and so did Elway...we have nothing to lose kicking the tires for a year to see if he fits here. Take Trubisky, if Brock don't pan out, we will have Tribisky who will have had a chance to learn. its a win-win for us.

Legend
Legend
Brock wouldn't last 3 games before we ALL would start calling for his head.

Let's not waste our time.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
Legend
V
Was this an exercise in saying one thing in 7 different ways?

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

I have this image of John and Yoko singing "All we are saying is give Brock a chance.".

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K

Yes it most certainly was tongue

Honestly though, we have nothing to lose.

Draft Mitch

Kick the tires on Brock for a year. If it works, great, if not we lose nothing.

If Brock goes back to his 2015 form, the fans most certainly will not be calling for his head.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
We could recoup part of the $16m if he agrees a restructure on a trade, I believe from reading this and other places, so there is merit in assessing that avenue if that is the case. There is also the small matter of compensation - maybe a latter round pick?

Last edited by drobs; 03/10/17 08:51 AM.
E
Legend
Legend
E
On the way back from Charleston last night, Sage Rosenhuas [former NFL qb] was a guest on one of the radio shows. He was talking about a variety of topics and he came across as a really smart guy.

He was talking about Osweiler and he brought up a good point. He said that Osweiler's offense under Kubiak was fairly easy for a qb to digest and that O'Brien's offense in Houston [which he brought from NE] was really complex and asked a lot more from the QB than the one he ran in Denver.

He went on to say that most qbs would struggle w/that transition during their first year.

So, there's that.....

Thanks for sharing...good points but I just hate his delivery...lol laugh

It would be amazing if we could fix that a bit and he proves to be that Franchise QB... I expect us to trade him to Denver if they fail to get ROMO.

But you never know how the kid develops with our Offense.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
V
Legend
Legend
V
Yeah, his delivery makes me cringe. It's like he is playing darts at the local pub on a Tuesday night.

E
Legend
Legend
E
He's what 6'8"??? not knowing the stats, cfr need you to do your thing, but I could have sworn he got a lot of balls knocked down from delivering the ball shoulder high or lower.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A guy like Hugh would believe himself capable of fixing him. I'm not ready to say they'll ditch him and also think it premature, desperate and presumptuous to think we're for sure the JG sweepstakes winner...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: drobs
We could recoup part of the $16m if he agrees a restructure on a trade, I believe from reading this and other places, so there is merit in assessing that avenue if that is the case. There is also the small matter of compensation - maybe a latter round pick?

Damned right. Let's get a 6th round pick for him. Then if he does work out somewhere we can rest easy knowing Kessler is our QB and we have a 6th round pick on the books. I will laugh my ass off if we trade him for a 6th and he works out somewhere else. While we watch Kessler lead us to 2-14. That would be funny.

Right now, Brock is the best QB on our roster. Like him or not he took the Broncos to the playoffs and he played pretty well doing so. Unless we give up the #1 pick overall and probably a 1st next year NE isn't going to trade JG. So why the hell would we give up SO much for a QB that has played so little? JG might suck like every other QB that has sat behind Brady and then went elsewhere. But sure let's give up the sun, the moon, and stars for the guy. LMAO

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Was just outlining options dude. If Hue and the staff feel he is the answer then I'd expect him to stay. I have no feeling either way as I don't know him or his play well enough to comment.

And we didn't give up anything bar cap space - we also picked up a 2nd round pick.

I think it was a smart deal. What happens to Brock now is in the hands of our coaches. My opinion matters nought.

Last edited by drobs; 03/10/17 10:31 AM.
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Originally Posted By: eotab
On the way back from Charleston last night, Sage Rosenhuas [former NFL qb] was a guest on one of the radio shows. He was talking about a variety of topics and he came across as a really smart guy.

He was talking about Osweiler and he brought up a good point. He said that Osweiler's offense under Kubiak was fairly easy for a qb to digest and that O'Brien's offense in Houston [which he brought from NE] was really complex and asked a lot more from the QB than the one he ran in Denver.

He went on to say that most qbs would struggle w/that transition during their first year.

So, there's that.....

Thanks for sharing...good points but I just hate his delivery...lol laugh

It would be amazing if we could fix that a bit and he proves to be that Franchise QB... I expect us to trade him to Denver if they fail to get ROMO.

But you never know how the kid develops with our Offense.

jmho

I think Brock has a lot of upside. Elway was very high on him, and he did play very well in Denver.

This could end up being a huge gaff on part of the Houston Texans.

From a talent perspective, Brock is good enough to win with, if he can pick up our offense...we could do some good things.

i wouldn't be so keen on dismissing him, i think we should def kick the tires and see what he has.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
He only interests me because his body frame might stay in one piece and last an entire season. That alone gives me a reason to at least be curious to see what Hue could do with him.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Serious question - any idea why he was somewhat successful in Denver as opposed to in Houston? I have no idea.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Watching some of NFL network guys, it's because Kubiak ran a QB friendly system, while bill obrien brought NE's complicated system and Brock couldn't adapt.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Last edited by ddubia; 03/10/17 10:47 AM.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
Serious question - any idea why he was somewhat successful in Denver as opposed to in Houston? I have no idea.

Was he successful in Denver or did they just tell him not to screw it up and not let him do anything (like they did with Manning)?

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
Different system. Different coaching. Transition from Denver to Houston on personal level. Different locker room dynamics and expectations.

I have no idea what the Browns plans are for Brock.
The Texans and the Browns are in very different places as regimes. The Texans are in win now mode and don't have the time/patience to develop a QB.

It's ironic to me that Brock is a cautionary tale for signing a productive QB with a limited sample size from another team and expecting that same productivity to carry over. And at the same time the Browns are benefiting via gaining a 2nd round draft pick as a result of that situation failing the media expected the same Browns to turn around and put themselves in the same situation they benefited from.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If the Browns traded 16 mil in cap space for a 2nd round pick that was stupid. Now if the Browns traded 16 mil in cap space for a solid backup maybe a spot starter and a 2nd round then that is pretty damn good.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
If the Browns traded 16 mil in cap space for a 2nd round pick that was stupid.

Why ?

It's extremely likely the Browns will STILL have cap space at the start of the year, so we won't be limiting what the team can do. If we did jettison Brock, I do not believe the impact to next year's cap space is going to be significant.

If the owner is willing to sign off on that - 2nd round pick for a cost of $16 million - why is that stupid?

Legend
Legend

Denvers #1 defense was touted over and over around here.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
you can sign a solid OL or good slot corner for 8 mil a year. If we paid 16 mil for a fart in the wind bottom end 2nd rounder it was pretty freaking stupid.

hell 16 mil we could have rented alshon for a year.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Tag price on pryor vs likely a #60 overall pick

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
you can sign a solid OL or good slot corner for 8 mil a year. If we paid 16 mil for a fart in the wind bottom end 2nd rounder it was pretty freaking stupid.

hell 16 mil we could have rented alshon for a year.

And they still can if they want to. It's not like we spent all $100 Mill Plus of cap space. Even with Brock plus the other signings on the team Spotrac shows we still have $77 mill left in cap space.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
P
Legend
Legend
P
And another $8 mil. when we cut RGIII ... thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
A guy like Hugh would believe himself capable of fixing him. I'm not ready to say they'll ditch him and also think it premature, desperate and presumptuous to think we're for sure the JG sweepstakes winner...

Were you "just clicking?" Because I have no idea how this post relates to what I said about Osweiler in Denver and Houston, as well as his delivery????????

But, while we are at it.............who is saying we are "for sure the JG sweepstakes winner?"

And don't you think words like "desperate" are a bit dramatic? brownie

P
Legend
Legend
P

But people keep calling it brilliant? lol

A second round pick has a 50/50 shot at being a starter after four years.

So you mean you think it's dumb to spend 16 mil. on a draft pick that only has a 50% chance of making it in the NFL?

Say it ain't so?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

But people keep calling it brilliant? lol

A second round pick has a 50/50 shot at being a starter after four years.

So you mean you think it's dumb to spend 16 mil. on a draft pick that only has a 50% chance of making it in the NFL?

Say it ain't so?

That rational only stacks up when a team is having to manage it's salary cap because of rising costs or signing players and not having the space.

Having enough salary cap space that you can eat $16 million and still not be restricted in anything you want to do contractually with free agents etc - and getting a 2nd round pick for it ... to me that's smart if expensive.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C

Last edited by clwb419; 03/10/17 01:33 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Looks like Brock may hang out a while.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
ed will be devastated.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I sure hope this doesn't lead to using the #1 pick on a QB.
I'm afraid with all the OL help in FA, and now this were going to blow this draft with a #1 QB. We need Garrett at #1.

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: clwb419
Any chance that the Pats would take Osweiler plus the Tenn 2nd this year and the Texan's 2nd next year for Jimmy? He'd essentially be free for the Pats for 1 year since we'd have to eat his salary.

The more I think about this, the more it makes sense to me, though I bet we add in another 2nd-4th rounder.

*He's shown he can be a decent QB.
*Players have tended to thrive under Belichick, and if BO is required to play, BB is smart enough to "dumb" the offense down to have BO thrive (or be serviceable)
*NE is worried that Jacoby isn't ready, this either gives them time with a viable backup for a year, or with a contract renegotiation, gives them a viable backup for a few years.
*a free backup QB for a year plus 2 second rounders has to be be equivalent to the 12th overall (3 #50 overall picks = #12 overall). The extra pick I mentioned makes it even a better deal for NE, ad we get to keep our first rounders.
*The release of RGIII tells me that there's likely something that has happened or will happen that we're not aware of, and I'm guessing it is not that we're keeping BO
*The Jimmy G Instagram thing makes me wonder if something has been done already (despite the hack comments made)

I'm likely reading into something that isn't there, but it makes sense to my crazy mind.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Brock TO cleveland

Link Copied to Clipboard