B
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
B
Originally Posted By: Vambo
Terrelle Pryor hasn't re-signed yet!

Or any other kind of signed.

All I gotta say is the Redskins front office looks like five times the mess ours does today.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: BigWillieStyle
Well this is bad news. The Redskins will probably at least come close to matching our offer, and with a better QB situation I would go there if I were him.

Sucks.....they should have Transitioned him before it got to this point.

Better QB? Who? Seems like they have no idea who their QB will be. Cousins is either there one more year or gone to SF this year. Either way they have an unstable QB situation too. This comes down to $$$$

I love Pryor. He played very well for us last year. But I sure as hell don't want to see them break the bank for the guy. He played ONE year as a WR. He's a really good #2 but he isn't a top five #1 and we should not pay him like he is.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
P
Rookie
Rookie
P
Amen Brother, I also like Pryor BUT his value isnt what HE thinks it is. To be honest, Kenny Britt was as good as Pryor last year in a similar situation. Britt is a more accomplished receiver at this point, but Pryor has more upside. Either way Pryor aint a #1, and should not be paid as such.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I just realized that Washington might throw a bunch of money at Pryor to try and distract everyone from the dumpster that is on fire at their team facility.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Going into free agency I said if we didn't sign Pryor it would be a failure. Then we signed Britt (which I am still on the fence about). And Tretter. And Zeitler. And re-signed Bitonio. And made the Osweiler trade. The good far outweighs the bad.

I feel the same and I am just slightly below being on the fence for Britt unless we also sign Pryor and then I am ecstatic.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
I just realized that Washington might throw a bunch of money at Pryor to try and distract everyone from the dumpster that is on fire at their team facility.

That's Washington's move every season. I feel the bridge has been burned between the Browns and Pryor. He said all the right things to the media and then expected to fleece us for $15m/yr. We called his bluff and now he'll take his talents elsewhere, even if the Redskins pay him less.

Oh well.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
O
Legend
Legend
O
Tea leaves say we're going to lose Pryor. I'll wait for the contract details to see if a FO skewering is needed. If this does happen, our WR group has gotten worse. Britt only softens the blow.

Even with that (if it does happen), our team has become way better today than they were yesterday.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
For my sake, in regards to reading any thread mac is in for the next year, I hope he signs for less.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
New thought, it's so funny it's almost worth it.

Pryor signs with Washington.

We then trade for Cousins.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
New thought, it's so funny it's almost worth it.

Pryor signs with Washington.

We then trade for Cousins.

We have the ammo for it. Given the price for Jimmy G, I'd at least make the phone call to Washington for him.

Legend
Legend
Brock and a pick for Kirk?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
Brock and a pick for Kirk?

It wouldn't hurt to make the offer.

It might make Bill rethink his price for Jimmy G as well.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
If I'm the Browns and our initial offer is the BEST action he's gotten. I tell Pryor and his people you've got ONE HOUR to sign it or its GONE.

You said you want to be in Cleveland. We want you. Ball up dude or you're history.

You've been a QB your entire life. You're TRYING to be a WR at the highest level. You've been doing this for 10 lousy ass months. You're LUCKY we've offered what we have.

Sign it or you can pound salt.

Legend
Legend
I'd do Brock and 2 or 3 2nd rounders for Cousins. He'd be our best QB in decades, and should slide right into Hue's offense.

I admit that I didn't like Cousins when he came to the NFL, but he did what so many other QBs don't do, and he really attacked his weaknesses. He could turn the ball over like nobody's business in his 1st couple of years, but then figured out how to eliminate most of the big mistakes.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: kwhip
If I'm the Browns and our initial offer is the BEST action he's gotten. I tell Pryor and his people you've got ONE HOUR to sign it or its GONE.

You said you want to be in Cleveland. We want you. Ball up dude or you're history.

You've been a QB your entire life. You're TRYING to be a WR at the highest level. You've been doing this for 10 lousy ass months. You're LUCKY we've offered what we have.

This is (allegedly) similar to what they did with Schwartz, and what they should never do again.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

This is (allegedly) similar to what they did with Schwartz, and what they should never do again.

No way.

Rosey has had 2 full days plus the combine.

The ONE thing that will change this is Washington firing the GM today and Pryor visiting tomorrow.

Snyder's an idiot that will give a NEW to the position WR 12M. Noone else wants to. Good riddance.

V
Legend
Legend
V

That is not smart.

B
Legend
Legend
B
So answer me this....why has TP not signed a big contract yet? Possibly because he seeks better, or possible because he isn't getting a better offer?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Both?

We have the best offer on the table
We have A LOT of momentum going for us this offseason
He's visiting the dumpster fire that is the Redskins right now

Just come home, TP.

-PrplPplEater
B
Legend
Legend
B
Both?

Just come home, TP.

Maybe so. At this point I wouldn't let him walk back. I'd lower the offer, just like last year

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
Something tells me if we lowered our offer, it would probably still be highest he's been presented with.

Legend
Legend
Why? We made him a good faith offer, that was ell below whet he wanted. Now he is out getting a taste of the reality of the NFL. If he wants to come back now, give him his deal, and keep the depth going. If it was a fair deal even after we signed Britt, then it's a fair deal today. It's not like we're running out of cap soace any day soon.

The front office has, I believe, earned some respect around the NFL. Don't cost yourself any of that by playing games that players, agents, and frankly, fans hate. It you can bring him back on the deal you left on the table for him, just do it.

Last edited by YTownBrownsFan; 03/09/17 09:32 PM.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Cool, I give him a 12 hours window, starting 5 hours ago.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Both?

Just come home, TP.

Maybe so. At this point I wouldn't let him walk back. I'd lower the offer, just like last year

But some bozos think that's a bad idea. We gave Rosey an offer. He had it over a week ago. We let him find his value on the open market. Our offer is the best.

I've said my peace. Screw Pryor. He don't wanna be here.

He'll be in Washington tomorrow. Hope he stays there. Snyder will give him a crazy deal.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I hope we resign TP, but we've already made the highest offer and he's off to Washington were Dan Snyder will overpay him if he likes him enough. Do we still get a chance to match the offer and will we?

I want him here as much as anyone, but if Snyder offers him a crazy deal we should let him go. Kills me to say that, but the ball is in his court and it seems our offer was fair after all.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I don't really understand why he didn't sign with us like earlier this afternoon. Must not want to be here. Where is the loyalty for the team and coach that essentially resurrected your career?

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
I don't really understand why he didn't sign with us like earlier this afternoon. Must not want to be here. Where is the loyalty for the team and coach that essentially resurrected your career?

It's his first (and could be his last) Free Agency. Some guys never even get to experience this much before their career is over.

If Dan Snyder wants to fly him to D.C. and show him around, why not enjoy the experience a little? Go, check things out, have some fun.... and then come back home and sign the larger deal and play for the coach that gave you all of your breaks in this league so far.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Do we know for sure that our offer is the highest?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Do we know for sure that our offer is the highest?

Do we KNOW that? No.

But that's what's been reported.

Legend
Legend
I don't think there is any way to be sure. All the reports I have read say we have the highest offer.

#gmstrong
O
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
O
Terelle

Kenny took your money.

And, he'd like to thank Drew for making it all possible.

(Once I heard who his agent was, everything changed. I had a gut feeling it was not going to end well.)

V
Legend
Legend
V
Just trying to keep it real. Reading through these threads tonight and there is a lot of junk out there.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Olskool711
Terelle

Kenny took your money.

And, he'd like to thank Drew for making it all possible.

(Once I heard who his agent was, everything changed. I had a gut feeling it was not going to end well.)

x2 I thought the exact same thing. And now hearing that he is going to Washington where they love to throw money at players that don't fit, even more so.

We might still have a chance at him if Washington makes an offer $10 mil or below, but Washington just loves to make headlines by breaking the bank.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

It's his first (and could be his last) Free Agency. Some guys never even get to experience this much before their career is over.

If Dan Snyder wants to fly him to D.C. and show him around, why not enjoy the experience a little? Go, check things out, have some fun.... and then come back home and sign the larger deal and play for the coach that gave you all of your breaks in this league so far.

He can do that, but in the meantime the Browns aren't just sitting around hoping. They have to build a team and if Pryor isn't signed then he isn't a Brown and they have to find guys to play. If that leaves a spot open for him to come back to then fine, but if they move on and find someone else Pryor is SOL. That's just business. Signing Britt may have been that move on move... I don't know. But if it was then Pryor will have to find another team.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

He can do that, but in the meantime the Browns aren't just sitting around hoping. They have to build a team and if Pryor isn't signed then he isn't a Brown and they have to find guys to play. If that leaves a spot open for him to come back to then fine, but if they move on and find someone else Pryor is SOL. That's just business. Signing Britt may have been that move on move... I don't know. But if it was then Pryor will have to find another team.

Good point. If Pryor isn't signed than we have a hole at WR. The impression I'm getting from this FO between these 2 seasons is that, like it or not, this train is moving. Disagree with the conductor, the route, or who gets on board, but it's not slowing down for anyone.

I'm totally fine with Pryor looking around. But he has to realize that until he does there is a hole at WR for us. Yes he had a good year for us, but it wasn't so spectacular that this FO should pass up opportunities to sign talent they like (Britt) in hopes Pyror inks a deal with us.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:
Nothing expected on #Redskins front with WR Terrelle Pryor tonight. We'll see what develops Friday morning.

https://twitter.com/MasterTes/status/840041691021234177

I know this is weird coming from a Browns fan, but how can anyone sign with Washington after the last several days?

L
Legend
Legend
L
I KNOW, RIGHT?????
for at least, this day, has been epic.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Terrelle,

Cleveland wants you to be the premier wide receiver in the NFL.

O H

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Terrelle Pryor - Chapter 2

Link Copied to Clipboard