H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Originally Posted By: Haus
Originally Posted By: Swish
How were the accusations shams?

Did trump not get sued for refusing to rent to minorities?

Did he not say "grab em by the ...." did he not repeatedly call women ugly and nasty, etc?

Those are facts. How is that a sham, Haus?

Forreal, how freaking gullible are you? It's pathetic.

He didn't do anything good. Even the Swedish embassy was asking for clarification.

Your boy is constantly making crap up, and you're defending it.

I'm sorry bro, but that's what trained dogs do. Loyal to the master no matter what they do. And it's sad that you and others will defend this level of blatant lying and corruption, even after all the whining you did when talking about Hillary.

It's just really disappointing. And now you of course can't even condem the actual topic of the thread. The man lied about obama wire tapping him. And yet, you still can't say anything.

Very sad.

We've been through this all before. Suffice it to say we disagree.

What has he done since he has been President? Oh yeah, he signed an executive order giving billions to historically black colleges and universities.

This is some fake news.

Here's the EO too, so people don't get lost in the spin of some news sites.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-off...mote-excellence

Hmmm... it appears that there is no new money involved, as of yet. My mistake.

Legend
Legend
Why do you keep saying the left?

Republicans are asking for the evidence as well. Why do you keep ignoring that?

Oh won't it be a surprise when John McCain turns up in the evil mix.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
When people figure out that Trump tweets outrageous things to change the topic of discussion, you may want to look at the prior days news.

I think he yells fire when a bad Russia story comes out.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

Oh won't it be a surprise when John McCain turns up in the evil mix.

Or McCain's pal Lindsey Graham...true Republicans.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg
When people figure out that Trump tweets outrageous things to change the topic of discussion, you may want to look at the prior days news.

I think he yells fire when a bad Russia story comes out.

Trump is very good at leading the conversation. He's been doing it for a long time. The setup often goes something like this:

- Say something controversial, but word it ambiguously.
- Media predictably takes the bait. Racist, fascist, xenophobe, etc.
- Reasonable people look into whatever issue was brought up, and oh my goodness, there is something very real there, even if it isn't precisely what was said to begin with.
- Clarify the intent of the original statement
- We're now talking about what President Trump would like to discuss, instead of what the left wants to discuss. Works every time.

The wiretapping allegation is not a particularly good example. Usually the evidence would be much more readily available. Maybe it was a mistake? Maybe he's holding onto his Trump card? It's hard to say.

Legend
Legend
On "Fox & Friends" this morning, Judge Andrew Napolitano said that even if the Obama administration did spy on Trump, there may never be a way to prove it.

He explained that the statutes allow the president to order the surveillance of any person in the U.S., without suspicion, probable cause or a warrant, but that would leave "fingerprints."

In this case, the alleged surveillance was reportedly ordered in a way that left no record, he said.

"Three intelligence sources have informed Fox News that President Obama went outside the chain of command," Napolitano said. "He didn't use the NSA, he didn't use the CIA, he didn't use the FBI, and he didn't use the Department of Justice."

Instead, Napolitano said, Obama used GCHQ, a British intelligence and security organization that has 24-7 access to the NSA database.

"There's no American fingerprints on this," Napolitano said. "What happened to the guy who ordered this? Resigned three days after Donald Trump was inaugurated."

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/03/14/ju...ama-spied-trump

Legend
Legend
Lmao, fake news

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Only a fool reads words and thinks he reads minds too.

How many times have you read something in these board and asked the poster what he meant?

You guys hate so hard that you would hold that poster to what he said no matter what he meant. Foolish.

Well, here's the thing, 40: we often do have to ask for clarity when posters type their thoughts in an informal vernacular style. A message board is a poor substitute for personal proximity, eye contact, body language, etc. Heck, we even have an informal 'rule' about using purple font for sarcasm and irony, which kinda defeats the purpose (purple is for rookies...)- so I get what you're saying.

But this is something very different. P45 dumps this thing on an unsuspecting public at 6:30 AM out of the clear blue. No context. No response to a pre-existing conversation, narrative or dialogue. After 24 hours of research the only connex to his tweet that can be found is an article on Breitbart the day before. Now, we could talk about how 'out there' his 'tweet behavior' is at some other time (and we should), but I want to address the specific nature of the tweet itself... and the impact it can have on any and ALL his dealings as POTUS.

If he got himself all worked up over an article on a skeevy, half-legitimate blog/news site, and tweeted out his immediate unfiltered impressions, then he's the same DJT that did this about Miley Cyrus, Rosie O'Donnell, and other 'D-List almost celebrities'. That may be perfectly fine for a fellow 'D-Lister' on a reality TV show, but it's patently unacceptable behavior for the President of the United States of America.

If he did it as a calculated dodge/misdirect/sleight-of-hand from unflattering attention brought on by the Russia investigation, that too is unacceptable behavior for the elected leader of the free world.

If he actually had something, and spouted off his tweetstorm in a fit of pique without first siccing a team of lawyers onto the Obama assertions, he dropped the ball on a 'Politics 101' level. You NEVER put a political rival on blast without "dotting i's
and crossing t's" first. That's strictly 'amateur hour'... and definitely beneath the expectation we should have for a standing POTUS. Heck... screw the lawyers- all he had to do was call up Bannon or Kelly Ann before hitting the 'submit' button to find out how stupid this idea was. Apparently that thought never even occurred to him. Or he didn't care. Neither scenario was smart- or even sensible/sane.

What he did was tantamount to libel/slander, if no proof exists. If proof (or even a loosely-attached paper trail) did exist, a single phone call from the Oval Office could have brought to bear ALL documented evidence from every single intelligence agency that wrokd at the pleasure of the President. (A President can make such things happen- legally). 24 hours, max. Slam-dunk. "Obama was everything I said he was."

It's now been 3 days past the original deadline and.... nuttin'.

Now, 'FOXJudge' Napolitano, Spicer, Conway, et al are all doing backflips and contorting themselves into pretzels to legitimize the early-morning rants their boss made. Millions of citizens' tax dollars are now being spent on an official investigation into allegations that most probably are nothing more than some ill-conceived and poorly thought-out red herring.

Here's where I'm going with all this: The President of the United States of America is held to a higher personal standard than anyone else on the planet out of necessity. His word represents an entire nation attached to his name/reputation. Considering the present volatile state of international politics, and the high stakes attached to current events, how are any other countries to place any faith in the USA when it's current leader posts scurrilous allegations against his predecessor, and deluges Twitter (of all platforms) with late-night 'mean girl tweets?'

The President of the United States of America should live his life on a higher plane than that. A good many (perhaps most) of her everyday citizens set a higher personal bar for ethics and behavior. You know: the ones who have always made America great?

America, by virtue of her position on the global power ladder, has been the glue which has held the civilized world together for the past 75 years. She has brokered multinational treaties, policed global hot spots, bailed out countries who were on the verge of political/social/economic collapse, defused potential regional meltdowns, and managed to stay on top through it all.

And now, she's being headed by a man who seems more concerned with his public celebrity image than the welfare of his nation on the world stage.

Words mean something. And this guy uses words with a recklessness that should be reserved for drunk dudes in a Browns Backers Bar on an Autumn Sunday afternoon. It's fine for 'Crazy Uncle Don' from East Palestine. It's NOT OK for the most influential human being on the planet.

EVERYTHING he says (even in passing) now has global consequences. I do not think that Donald Trump even comes close to recognizing this fact. And be ye R or D, Con or Lib (or anywhere in between), that should scare the [crap] outta you, if you're guided by common sense.

I know we'll never agree on the subject of P45, but let me ask you a rhetorical question. It will give you a li'l glimpse into why I regard DJT as I do (all partisanship aside):

If you had a Good Friend in your 'inner circle' who behaved like this all the time... wee-hours tweets, outrageous comments in public, unfounded accusations against perceived enemies, pussgroping, 'over-the-top' grandiose statements about his exploits, etc:

-would you think that your Good Friend was a good prospect to be the POTUS of Your Nation? Would you feel comfy entrusting your rich, eccentric pal 'Don, from Follansby' with a White House cabinet of his friends, the combined forces of our 5 branches of military, and the nuclear codes?

Dude scares me to my core. And the only thing that scares me more is the blind trust so many of My Fellow Americans seem to place in him. I didn't vote for him, that is to be sure. I didn't vote for either of the Bushes or Reagan, too. Back then, I was disappointed at the prospect of seeing them preside over the next 4-8 years... but NONE OF THEM ever made my heart catch in my throat the way this... person does. Even Jimmy Carter (whom I didn't vote for, because I thought he was underqualified for the job) didn't scare me like this guy does.

I've said it before, and I'm standing by it: this man is too politically clueless to avoid impeachment. If it isn't from the current spate of miscues, gaffes, and seedy (alleged) Russian entanglements, it will be from something else, down the road. I don't think it can be avoided. It will most likely throw our country into a deeper level of temporary chaos and leave us vulnerable, but 'addition by subtraction' will be the end result.

40: I've read your posts since the day you arrived. I think I have a pretty good understanding of the intellectual level upon which you operate. You ain't a stupid man by any metric, that's for sure. Having said that, I 'd probably feel more secure as an American citizen with YOU in the Oval than Donald Trump.

How you can continually, consistently, invariably defend the actions of someone who presents as an intellectual, moral and philosophical inferior to the both of us- baffles the hell out of me. It's something I just can't wrap my brain around.

Please explain what you see in this guy that totally escapes me.

I'm not trying to be a smartazz here. Not at all.. I really need to get a handle on this, if I'm to continue talking politics with Trump supporters. I gotta find some sort of 'common ground' as a basis for Good Talk.

I don't get it,
Clem.

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
P
Legend
Legend
P
The only thing I think the purple is for, is for people who can't grasp sarcasm, not to the poster using the purple.

You have to admit, there are a lot of posters who don't grasp sarcasm and are far too defensive to look for it.

Purple is for rookie readers, not rookie posters.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
but what if you respond to a sarcastic comment with your own sarcastic comment, but that poster doesn't realize it?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg

40: I've read your posts since the day you arrived. I think I have a pretty good understanding of the intellectual level upon which you operate. You ain't a stupid man by any metric, that's for sure. Having said that, I 'd probably feel more secure as an American citizen with YOU in the Oval than Donald Trump.

How you can continually, consistently, invariably defend the actions of someone who presents as an intellectual, moral and philosophical inferior to the both of us- baffles the hell out of me. It's something I just can't wrap my brain around.

Please explain what you see in this guy that totally escapes me.

I'm not trying to be a smartazz here. Not at all.. I really need to get a handle on this, if I'm to continue talking politics with Trump supporters. I gotta find some sort of 'common ground' as a basis for Good Talk.

I don't get it,
Clem.

Well then Mr. Clem, if as you say you are comfortable with my intellectual level and you don't consider me a stupid man, hear this...

Trump has a plan to make America better than it has been in a very long time. His policies are superior in many ways to anything I have heard in decades. Many of the top people in finance and business agree with me. Proof, look at the markets. They expect tremendous growth for America.

Trump has a plan to truly help with the inner cities, he has been meeting with Black leaders from around the country and they have come away from those meetings glowing with anticipation.

He has taken on our immigration debacle, ignored for decades, and is looking to set it right. He does not fear the political consequences to himself. Illegal immigration is already down by 40 percent, just on his tough talk.

He has not been in office for even 100 days, yet you wish to write him off. Ridiculous.

And finally, Trump is putting an end to the Liberal/Progressive movement and placing America and Americans first. He knows a Nation without borders is nothing more than a free for all. It has been a very long time since our President has done that, as it was just too risky for others. He is President of the United States and not President of the world.

He has had to overcome every kind of underhanded disruption served up by a screwed up Left where the agenda trumps the good of America, yet he just keeps on working and thinking. Focused on what he thinks it will take to make America Great Again. Damn the torpedoes, Full speed ahead!

Now, when I was Fire Chief, I had people around me who talked the good talk, smooth in their delivery, always cautious to say the right things to promote their careers.
Then I had those people who said "Get out the way, we got work to do!" Those are the people I trusted with my life as they trusted me with theirs. Their actions were far superior to their delivery.

If you want to understand Trump, it was all there on tv when he surprised that group of kids who came to tour the White House. He walked out and said hello to them. They huddled in fear because, oh my gosh, it is the President!

He put his arms out and offered for them to come up but they were too scared. He smiled and began to walk away when one small boy ran up to be with him. Trump rubbed the kids shoulders and leaned down to his ear. Trump said something like, "You are very brave kid, you are gonna go far." Trump then turned to leave but stopped, turned towards all those kids, pointed his finger at them and said, "Work hard everybody!" He gave them the big thumbs up and left.
Not thank you for coming, not it is so good to see you here, not pay attention to your teachers, not enjoy your visit. He said what to him was most important, "Work Hard."
That is Trump.
That is me.
That is his supporters.
That is the American way!

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 03/15/17 01:33 PM.
Legend
Legend
House Intel Committee chairman: ‘We don’t have any evidence’ to back up Trump’s wiretap claim

https://www.yahoo.com/news/house-intel-c...-162545924.html

The Republican leader of the House Intelligence Committee says he has yet to see any evidence of President Trump’s claim that former President Barack Obama tapped his phones at Trump Tower before the 2016 presidential election.

“That evidence still remains the same,” Rep. Devin Nunes, R-Calif., told reporters at a press conference Wednesday on Capitol Hill. “We don’t have any evidence that that took place.”

Trump leveled the explosive allegation against his predecessor on Twitter earlier this month.

“Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my ‘wires tapped’ in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!” Trump declared.

“Is it legal for a sitting President to be ‘wire tapping’ a race for president prior to an election? Turned down by court earlier. A NEW LOW!” he added.

Obama’s office categorically denied the charge that the former president had been involved in ordering any wiretapping. It did not address the possibility that some branch of the government had carried out surveillance of Trump or his aides during the 2016 campaign.

“I don’t think there was an actual tap of Trump Tower,” Nunes said.

But Nunes also said that his assessment depends on how literally you take Trump’s tweets.

“I think the challenge here is, President Obama wouldn’t physically go over and wiretap Trump Tower,” he said. “So now you have to decide, Are you going to take the tweets literally? And if you are, then clearly the president is wrong.”

Earlier this week, Kellyanne Conway, a counselor to Trump, offered a rather creative suggestion for how such surveillance could have been carried out.

“There are many ways to surveil each other,” Conway told the Record, a New Jersey newspaper, on Sunday. “There was an article this week that talked about how you can surveil someone through their phones, through certainly their television sets — any number of different ways. Microwaves that turn into cameras, et cetera. So we know that is just a fact of modern life.”

0:04 / 1:18
Conway: ‘I’m not Inspector Gadget’
At a press conference in Richmond, Va., Attorney General Jeff Sessions was asked if he had briefed Trump on evidence of preelection surveillance before the president raised the issue on Twitter.

“Look,” Sessions replied. “The answer’s no.”

Under pressure, Sessions has recused himself from any investigations related to the Trump campaign following the revelation that he met twice with Russia’s ambassador to the United States during the campaign while he was an informal adviser to then-candidate Trump. During his confirmation hearings, Sessions denied having contact with Russian officials.

Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., the ranking member on the committee, said the panel still has not received evidence from the Justice Department related to Trump’s assertion, and that it is has given the department a March 20 deadline to provide any information.

FBI Director James Comey, who was reportedly incensed by Trump’s wiretapping allegation, has agreed to testify before the committee at a public hearing on Monday.

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
This witch hunt was BS from the moment it started. Just shows how much of a weak leader is. Can't even access an investigation file as POTUS rofl

Legend
Legend
Fox News will make up anything

Judge Nap: Obama 'Went Outside Chain of Command,' Used British Spy Agency to Surveil Trump

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/03/14/ju...d-trump?ref=yfp

The Justice Department on Monday asked lawmakers for more time to gather evidence related to President Trump's claim that former President Obama ordered wiretaps on Trump Tower's phones during last year's presidential campaign.

The House Intelligence Committee said it would give the Justice Department until March 20 to comply.

Current and former administration officials have been unable to provide any evidence of the Obama administration wiretapping Trump Tower, yet the president's aides have been reluctant to publicly contradict their boss.

On "Fox & Friends" this morning, Judge Andrew Napolitano said that even if the Obama administration did spy on Trump, there may never be a way to prove it.

He explained that the statutes allow the president to order the surveillance of any person in the U.S., without suspicion, probable cause or a warrant, but that would leave "fingerprints."

In this case, the alleged surveillance was reportedly ordered in a way that left no record, he said.

"Three intelligence sources have informed Fox News that President Obama went outside the chain of command," Napolitano said. "He didn't use the NSA, he didn't use the CIA, he didn't use the FBI, and he didn't use the Department of Justice."

Instead, Napolitano said, Obama used GCHQ, a British intelligence and security organization that has 24-7 access to the NSA database.

"There's no American fingerprints on this," Napolitano said. "What happened to the guy who ordered this? Resigned three days after Donald Trump was inaugurated."

In a statement to Fox News, a UK government spokesperson responded, saying that "no part of this story is true."

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
I'm glad you wrote back.
This gives me some insight.

thanks

thumbsup

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

What a load of BS. Way to press the easy button there dude! Obama is probably, maybe, most likely, guilty of wire tapping Trump. And there's probably, maybe, most likely no way to prove it now!

And this guy is a judge??? Hell, he should apply for NFL comish after Goodell is canned! rofl

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
He has 3 sources.

Legend
Legend
He has 3 sources.

Fake news

– Jackie Robinson
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
So if the British did spy on Trump does that make the dossier a lot more truthful?

Legend
Legend
So if the British did spy on Trump does that make the dossier a lot more truthful?

The British spying on an American? What kind of American does it take for the British to feel that they need to spy on?

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
They feel the need to spy on Trump after Obama requested them to do it.
That is what the 3 sources say.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
So if the British did spy on Trump, does the dossier released by a former MI6 agent, gain a lot more credence? He would be rather privy to the information.

Legend
Legend
Fake News

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
So if the British did spy on Trump, does the dossier released by a former MI6 agent, gain a lot more credence? He would be rather privy to the information.

It should but it won't. ALREADY DEEMED FAKE NEWS

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
How can it be fake news with 3 sources/witnesses?

Its real.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
These sources just became witnesses? How can Witnesses be talking to Fox News when the White House can't seem to get them to pick up the phone.

Legend
Legend
Trump has already said he has more to come in the next 2 weeks.

They are sources who have proof of what Obama did and who is involved.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
He better do it soon. Paul Ryan just said the wiretap claim is #fakenews.

Legend
Legend
Trump has already said he has more to come in the next 2 weeks.

They are sources who have proof of what Obama did and who is involved.

rofl And according to unnamed sources Hillary Clinton is a mass murder.

It's fake.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
FOX has sources that have proof Ryan is wrong.

In a Fox News interview Wednesday, Trump contended that the word wiretap "covers a lot of different things." He said "some very interesting things" may surface in the coming weeks, without specifying what those would be.

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 03/16/17 12:17 PM.
Legend
Legend
He better do it soon. Paul Ryan just said the wiretap claim is #fakenews.

Woop there it is.

Ryan will now get thrown under the bus for the disaster healthcare plan that he wrote last weekend that we know as "TrumpCare" and soon to be known as "Von Ryans Express Exit Plan"

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
I swear all you trump supporters watch is bill orielly, cause all y'all do is spin.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
No spin, actual sources have proof of what O did.

Legend
Legend
Yea yea

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
FOX has sources that have proof Ryan is wrong.

In a Fox News interview Wednesday, Trump contended that the word wiretap "covers a lot of different things." He said "some very interesting things" may surface in the coming weeks, without specifying what those would be.

He's used this same tactic before on other issues and never produced proof. Now he probably has to get wikileaks to help him out. That takes time to dig up something, anything even for wikileaks. Hope they find something for you and fingerscrossed your credibility 40. fingerscrossed

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
He has done nothing on this, it is 3 sources who came to FOX with their inside information.

Legend
Legend
"I have a dream"

- Melania Trump

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
He has done nothing on this, it is 3 sources who came to FOX with their inside information.

He did nothing? He friggin started the ball rolling when he blurted it out on twitter to create a public distraction! rofl Poor 40

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
"I have a dream"

- Melania Trump

"When they go high we go low."

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Trump contended that the word wiretap "covers a lot of different things."

"How low has President Obama gone to tapp my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!"

Yes, but "tapped my phones" only means one thing. lmao

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Trump says he was wire tapped by Obama

Link Copied to Clipboard