Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Legend
Legend
Brock Osweiller is a better option, and he's already on the roster and paid for.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Why do we always get leaked as "INTERESTED"??? Cause we got money and the agents play us like that?

lol laugh

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Report: Browns have interest in Geno Smith

I hope this is fake news.

yebat' Putin
B
Legend
Legend
B
I said that early this morning, and now the reports are that we don't.

Lot's of smoke blowing going on.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
We will sign someone imo and it won't be keeping Brock. Reports are leaking from both Houston and Denver that teammates weren't fond of Brock, and that isn't what you want around a young locker room.

I also don't think we want to ride with Cody and a rookie. It probably won't be Geno (thank God), but someone like Kaep or the guy cut from the Eagles (mind went blank) are probably going to be brought in as a vet in the room.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: eotab
Why do we always get leaked as "INTERESTED"??? Cause we got money and the agents play us like that?

lol laugh

Not to mention, the Browns QB situation at this particular point in time is putrid.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Not to mention, the Browns QB situation at this particular point in time is putrid.

I hope I live long enough to say that isn't true. confused mad

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
If we get Cousins or Jimmy G........you'll be saying that the Browns have their qb for a long time. thumbsup

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
If we get Cousins or Jimmy G........you'll be saying that the Browns have their qb for a long time. thumbsup

I know I would. I would be dancing like a nut! These two QBs don't even know how much this town would explode with love for them when they bring some respect to the QB position for the Browns again.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
C
Legend
Legend
C
The Giants signed Geno Smith.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

They also just re-signed JPP. If I were a NYG fan, I'd not be excited at all about Geno lol.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB

They also just re-signed JPP. If I were a NYG fan, I'd not be excited at all about Geno lol.

He's a backup QB. I don't think Eli has ever missed a game.

D
Legend
Legend
D

He might not even have a chance to be a backup, I think they re-signed the one QB again. Johnson. Or with the injury, they have no faith in that regards Geno will be ready come camp or anything.

*Google*

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/17/giants-bring-back-quarterback-josh-johnson/

C
Legend
Legend
C

He might not even have a chance to be a backup, I think they re-signed the one QB again. Johnson. Or with the injury, they have no faith in that regards Geno will be ready come camp or anything.

*Google*

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/17/giants-bring-back-quarterback-josh-johnson/

They can probably cut either one with little cap ramifications.

Also, pretty crazy that Josh Johnson continues to hang around. Good for him. He was really good at the University of San Diego with Jim Harbaugh as his head coach.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Geno Smith - QB - Free Agent

The Giants have agreed to terms with Geno Smith, formerly of the Jets.
He's expected to sign Monday if he passes his physical. Smith may have had a chance to start in Cleveland but ultimately decided to stay in East Rutherford, where he'll serve as the backup to Eli Manning. He'll be reuniting with Brandon Marshall, who landed a two-year deal with the G-Men after being dumped by the Jets two weeks ago. The 26-year-old is still recovering from a torn ACL he suffered in Week 7 of last season.

Related: Giants
Source: Brian Costello on Twitter Mar 17 - 11:47 AM

T
Legend
Legend
T
Man NOBODY SHOULD HAVE INTEREST IN GENO SMITH!

I don't know how the heck anyone could think he'd have a "chance to start in Cleveland".

I'd rather have Charlie Whitehurst.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Man NOBODY SHOULD HAVE INTEREST IN GENO SMITH!

I don't know how the heck anyone could think he'd have a "chance to start in Cleveland".

I'd rather have Charlie Whitehurst.

Last edited by CapCity Dawg; 03/17/17 02:59 PM. Reason: deleted

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

He's expected to sign Monday if he passes his physical. Smith may have had a chance to start in Cleveland but ultimately decided to stay in East Rutherford, where he'll serve as the backup to Eli Manning. He'll be reuniting with Brandon Marshall, who landed a two-year deal with the G-Men after being dumped by the Jets two weeks ago. The 26-year-old is still recovering from a torn ACL he suffered in Week 7 of last season.

That was written as if we made him an offer and he turned us down???

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Maybe he read this board!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I don't know EO, Since everyone knows we need a QB, it sounds like the writer just assumes that Smith may have had a chance to come here and start, but chose not to. When really we did not even ask for a visit. I think the writer assumes we would like to have him, but I don't think thats true.

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
There was a small piece in today's Columbus Dispatch that was titled "Geno Smith leaves Jets for Giants" (or something like that). Did the Jets offer to bring him back? I don't think so. If not, then the title is somewhat misleading.

Some of these "articles" crack me up. Like tab would say, "bozos."

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

....like he chose not to come here? lol WTF were the Giants thinking.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C

I don't read it that way at all.

Legend
Legend
They also said the Jets "dumped" Marshall when I'm pretty sure it was reported he asked for his release.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

I do because it states that Gino had a chance to start in Cleveland (we made him an offer) and that he dedided, not us, he, decided to stay in NY.

How does he have a chance if we don't make him an offer. And how does he decide anything if we don't.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
He had a chance to start because our QBs suck.

Vince Young could have a chance to start here.

(That's my 2nd VY reference tonight!)

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: ddubia

I do because it states that Gino had a chance to start in Cleveland (we made him an offer) and that he dedided, not us, he, decided to stay in NY.

How does he have a chance if we don't make him an offer. And how does he decide anything if we don't.

You left out the part where it says "may have had. . ."

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
You're right about that, I missed it. On the other hand Gino still did not decide anything. I don't think we made him an offer nor encouraged him to believe Cleveland was really interested in him. That boat never sailed because that boat never floated. Therefore, Gino did not decide to step of the boat.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
You're right about that, I missed it. On the other hand Gino still did not decide anything. I don't think we made him an offer nor encouraged him to believe Cleveland was really interested in him. That boat never sailed because that boat never floated. Therefore, Gino did not decide to step of the boat.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I read it the same way you did. When it states that he decided to go to NY instead, it clearly implies he had the option to come to Cleveland.

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:
Report: Browns have interest in Geno Smith

I hope this is fake news.

I would venture to guess the Browns having interest in Geno Smith was never even greater than 0% true.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Smith may have had a chance to start in Cleveland but ultimately decided to stay in East Rutherford, where he'll serve as the backup to Eli Manning.

It was the term..."ultimately decided" after mentioning he had a "chance" to start in Cleveland. To me meant he had an offer to come here which I thought was totally miss leading.

I'm sure the media wanted to show the Giants making a great move and got somebody that turned down to be a starter with the Browns to justify their move.

just me I have no clue who Costello is...does he follow the Giants?

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

I read it the same way you did. When it states that he decided to go to NY instead, it clearly implies he had the option to come to Cleveland.

We have no information on Smith other than we were "interested."

It doesn't really matter.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I'm not even sure we had an interest in him. With us being is such dire need of a QB in addition to having the most cap space it seems every warm-bodied QB, regardless of quality, gets linked to us whether there's interest on our part or not.

#gmstrong
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Smith has been picked up by the Giants according to NFL.com.

1 year $2m deal.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-2-million-deal

P
Legend
Legend
P
Thank you NY Giants ... thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
Thank you NY Giants ... thumbsup

Makes sense for a team needing a back-up with some experience.

He is much like Josh. He can give you a chance, and that is all you really expect from a back-up QB. He can play in this league for 15-17 years.

Being a NFL back-up QB is a pretty good gig. You make great money, not much is expected from you, and you can hang around for a long time if you act the team mate.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Rookie
Rookie
I cant believe the front office and Hue Jackson is not tearing down the walls trying to sign Kaepernick. He is by far better than any QB we have fielded in a loooooong time.

Results not Excuses Marty Schottenheimer 1984
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: 86hunter
I cant believe the front office and Hue Jackson is not tearing down the walls trying to sign Kaepernick. He is by far better than any QB we have fielded in a loooooong time.

They don't want to play in front of empty stadiums.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Report: Browns have interest in Geno Smith

Link Copied to Clipboard