Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: rastanplan
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns
Whatever dude. You're obviously just out to argue for the sake of arguing. You take my sincerity and twist it into some twisted double talk of your own imagining. I'm done flailing at windmills by thinking you could have a discussion when you're just looking for a target to browbeat because they don't fall in line with what you want them to think. I hope Watson does well and meets your expectations of him with the way you've stuck your neck out for him.

The problem is that you come are here praising a QB and showing very litle evidence of it(film) and downgrading a QB where there is plenty of film that proves you wrong.

Not even considering that Watson was the most successfull QB against teams that most resemble the NFL.

Just take a look at the Bama games, where he is playing against the best D in college, and I would say a NFL talent D. Or go and look at the Ohio games, where is he playing against a D which has several top 10 DB's.

In this games you can see the good and the bad about Deshaun. IMHO the good far exceeds the Bad, but I can understand why some have reservations about him, specially if you want a pure pocket passer.

What I don't understand is people praising Trubisky and at the same time downgraing Watson, when they are very simmilar with the plus that Watson has the intangibles and the resume to back it up.

Jimmy has just as much college footage for anyone who cares to watch it. He also has some NFL footage that shows him doing in the NFL what he did in college.

People praise Trub over watson because of arm, accuracy, and most importantly ball placement. Trub also didn't show a constant need for his WRs to bail him out.

This idea that JG is a bad QB because he couldn't kick the GOAT to the curb and win the starting job is just flat out stupid. There is not a SINGLE QB in the entire league that would start in NE over Tom. Not ONE.

JG didn't go in the first round because Haslem was a bone head. Many team passed on him because he came from a weaker division but to me that is the LEAST important thing to worry about. If the player has the right skills that is the most important thing of all.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns

This idea that JG is a bad QB because he couldn't kick the GOAT to the curb and win the starting job...

I don't recall anyone flat out stating that... superconfused

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
V
Legend
Legend
V
No, but many posters keep using "he's a backup quarterback" as a reason not to trade for him. They also compare him to other quarterbacks who have "backed up Brady and failed."

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
No, but many posters keep using "he's a backup quarterback" as a reason not to trade for him. They also compare him to other quarterbacks who have "backed up Brady and failed."

Historically, Brady's backups have failed as starters elsewhere. This, however, should be no reason to believe that JG would also fail...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32

Historically, Brady's backups have failed as starters elsewhere. This, however, should be no reason to believe that JG would also fail...

Yeah, well if you insist on muddying this whole debate with logic and reason ...

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32

Yeah, well if you insist on muddying this whole debate with logic and reason ...

Who, me? Logical. reasonable? Better you run that by Vers first ...

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season 2017 NFL Draft Patrick Mahomes

Link Copied to Clipboard