Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: clevesteve
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
I heard today that the Jets would like to trade back from 6 to 12 so I went to the NFL Draft Value Chart @ www.walterfootbal.com ... #6 is worth (1600) so if we made that deal it would cost us #12 (1200)#52 (380)and #164 (25.8) not a whole lot if your QB is there or maybe a FS say from Ohio State named Malik Hooker smile

I think I'd do that trade today. At 6 we get one of Thomas, Allen, Hooker, Adams, or Howard to go with Garrett, which is pretty much my dream scenario. Worth the 52 pick to me.

I got to tell you clevesteve that Jamal Adams is growing on me, we haven't had an enforcer like that since the late great Eric Turner ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
..I got to tell you clevesteve that Jamal Adams is growing on me ...

I'll take Adams over Hooker all day, although I would be pleased with either...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
..I got to tell you clevesteve that Jamal Adams is growing on me ...

I'll take Adams over Hooker all day, although I would be pleased with either...

Garrett and one of those two would be a great day one thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
If that's all it takes to move up from 12 of be game as well.

B
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Hammer
God help us if Ownership is putting its 2 cents in. Why we ended up with JFF, IMO.

I think you are wrong. Jimmy isn't a perfect owner. Maybe not even a good owner, but I do believe he allows his hired help to make their own decisions.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
B
I heard today that the Jets would like to trade back from 6 to 12 so I went to the NFL Draft Value Chart @ www.walterfootbal.com ... #6 is worth (1600) so if we made that deal it would cost us #12 (1200)#52 (380)and #164 (25.8) not a whole lot if your QB is there or maybe a FS say from Ohio State named Malik Hooker smile

I think I'd do that trade today. At 6 we get one of Thomas, Allen, Hooker, Adams, or Howard to go with Garrett, which is pretty much my dream scenario. Worth the 52 pick to me.

I agree. This year I want players who can help day #1.

In this era of average QB's, which will remain, you have to go with the time.

Until the NFL understands the QB's being produced today don't fit the mold they have set, they are always going to be seeking QB's. I said this 10 years ago.

All you have to do is go to a few HS football games this fall on Friday night, then watch some college football on Saturday afternoon and evening.

You don't see any drop-back QB's playing.

The NFL needs to catch up.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D

I'd dive all over that trade.

Garret and Hooker, yes please.

Legend
Legend
Garrett and anyone else in the Top 5 basically.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
Agreed, give me hooker with garret and it's aweseom

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
i wouldn't trade up for a safety. stay at 12, and let the people in front of you make the decision easier.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
If we do that trade it will be Garret and Trubisky. That is my guess. I don't think we would trade up to get anyone but MT. I feel we should keep our picks and let the draft fall to us because of all the talent and all the holes we have to fill. JMO

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
If we do that trade it will be Garret and Trubisky. That is my guess. I don't think we would trade up to get anyone but MT. I feel we should keep our picks and let the draft fall to us because of all the talent and all the holes we have to fill. JMO

Would be nice to see QBs start falling at the top thus pushing more talent our way at pick 12.

Legend
Legend

That's where I am... there are multiple players I would like to have at 12 and one of them is going to be there.. and I'm not crazy about giving up picks to move up to get any of them particularly.

yebat' Putin
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I'd give up just about anything but the #33 to move up to 4-6 range. The thought of Garrett and Allen on the same D-line just boggles my mind. Then you got danny and og not to mention collins running wild and free and God help the o-line trying to block those 5 players coming in all at once.

Or you could move Og inside and take Soloman or Barnett. It's just sick.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
B
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
B
I am with those who don't want to move from from #12. I can see it at any other point in the draft, but moving up to 6 from 12 doesn't give you a much better player. Tweleve is high enough you are still going to have very good players on the board. We have enough holes that I don't believe we need to be targeting positions or players that high in the draft.

Save the picks and maybe move up from 33 to 20 or something like that.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
What if a team in the top 10 wants to move up for Garrett? They offer to swap #1s and also give us their 2nd rounder this year, 1st rounder in 2018, and 2nd rounder in 2018

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted By: Brownoholic

Would be nice to see QBs start falling at the top thus pushing more talent our way at pick 12.

If qbs fall that means more talent has already been taken. If no qb goes before 12 the board looks kinda bad. See our mock draft

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I am with those who don't want to move from from #12. I can see it at any other point in the draft, but moving up to 6 from 12 doesn't give you a much better player. Tweleve is high enough you are still going to have very good players on the board. We have enough holes that I don't believe we need to be targeting positions or players that high in the draft.

Save the picks and maybe move up from 33 to 20 or something like that.

I'm fine with that.. as long as we don't move up to pick #22 sick

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Halfback32
.. as long as we don't move up to pick #22 sick

willynilly. Not #22...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
Legend
I never want to draft at #22 again

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The only player in this draft that I would move for would be Howard and I see him going to say , Maybe , the Chargers !

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I feel we shouldn't give up any picks in this draft. There are too many good players, too much talent, let the draft come to us. We've tried to force things in the past, moving up and down and how did that work out? Our FO has put us in a good spot with all these picks in a talented draft. It's time to pull the trigger and get that much needed talent we've been lacking. Impact players and talent, can't say it enough.

Legend
Legend
I feel we shouldn't give up any picks in this draft. There are too many good players, too much talent, let the draft come to us. We've tried to force things in the past, moving up and down and how did that work out? Our FO has put us in a good spot with all these picks in a talented draft. It's time to pull the trigger and get that much needed talent we've been lacking. Impact players and talent, can't say it enough.
I agree. I don't want to move up at all, especially in the early part of the draft. There's talent and depth here

P
Legend
Legend
P
+1 thumbsup

E
Legend
Legend
E
I could see us move up into the 2nd and/or 3rd rounds for some specific talent we are targeting.

We will not keep all our rookies this year. Might as well parlay some volume for some quality.

Odds that we move back into the first round unless its for a QB we really want...I doubt it.
jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I have Garrett and then Hooker and Adams at the top of my board. There are other good edge rushers and DBs in the first round, but I feel like those three have clearly separated themselves. They also play at our biggest positions of need outside of QB. I'd prefer we have someone full speed in the offense (Kessler) before we go drafting another project QB. If we can get Garrett and one of those safeties, I'm for trading up. I wouldn't use future picks, but we have plenty of picks this year. Probably more than we can effectively work into our roster. I believe that trying to work in 14 rookies was part of our problem last year.

I hear the Howard buzz and I can somewhat get it, but I can't get past the lack of production. The most TDs he has had in a season is 3 (2,0,2,3). If he is such a great player, why was he so under-utilized? Yes, he can block and he's athletic, but that's not the primary reason I'm drafting a TE. I want a TD maker at TE. I'd have liked to see him make more jump ball and contested catches. Most of his big plays are when he is wide open/blown coverages. Plus, I don't feel like TE is that big of a need for us.

I don't want us to draft an RB early. I like Perine/Conner later.

We have 2 LBs I like already.

We've addressed OL already.

The DB class is deep enough we should be able to trade up and still have picks in the mid rounds to add talent.

We might not be able to get a stud 3-tech, but you can't address everything as well as we'd like with the needs that we have and there's a chance we could still get someone like Ogunjobi.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'd love to come away with Garrett and Adams or Hooker, but I doubt we do that trade for anyone but Trubisky. I wouldn't hate that either, to be honest.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Myles Garrett - DL - Player

Browns EVP Sashi Brown said Cleveland won't announce the No. 1 pick ahead of draft night.
"We feel good about who we're going to pick there," Brown said as he fielded questions at a Wednesday media session. He mostly talked about Texas A&M Myles Garrett and UNC QB Mitchell Trubisky, while also flat-out denying there is any friction or in-house split among the Browns' executives regarding the top pick. Our money is still on Garrett being the choice.
Related: Browns
Source: Marc Sessler on Twitter Apr 19 - 12:32 PM

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
What if a team in the top 10 wants to move up for Garrett? They offer to swap #1s and also give us their 2nd rounder this year, 1st rounder in 2018, and 2nd rounder in 2018

Be hard to pass but I would set a spot not to trade past like 6-7 ... JMHO

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
He mostly talked about Texas A&M Myles Garrett and UNC QB Mitchell Trubisky, while also flat-out denying there is any friction or in-house split among the Browns' executives regarding the top pick.

For those who didn't watch, those two were the ones reporters specifically brought up, same with Mixon. The only names I heard him mention freely were from the QB position, and I think it was in response to a QB question. He mentioned the Deshones, Mahomes, and Davis. Having brought them in to private visits and doing their homework or something like that.

But the most talk was of Myles and Mitch because they were the subject of most questions

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
Cousins Baddddd

RG3, if he'd stayed, better rrrr

Cousins only a franchise QB in Washington, no other market.

Rant boiled down to 3 lines, (4)

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
B
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
B
I think the Pros value TE's more than does the college game.

That is a position where you can create a solid mismatch. In college, good teams have a mismatch on the outside most of the time.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P

That is a position where you can create a solid mismatch. In college, good teams have a mismatch on the outside most of the time.

I know many go by the antiquated hierarchy of position importance but imo a TE is my #3 behind only qb and edge. Many would argue LT and CB but imo a good cb is easier to avoid than a TE is to shut down and a good Lt isn't nearly as important with the exotic blitzes DC dial up. A balanced OL with no weakness is much more important than any 1 OL. For that matter a TE can even assist a Lt with a chip.

The position requires more variance of skill than any position other than edge imo yet is very devoid of talent at the high end im the nfl. If used properly A great balanced TE is the ultimate chess piece for a good OC.

Last edited by predator16; 04/19/17 09:20 PM.
E
Legend
Legend
E

Trust me...inside the Red Zone...a TD machine.
Anywhere on the field of play...a Play Action fake Nightmare!
jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
B
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
B
Don't have to preach to me Bro. I am all over Howard. We could run a devestating O using a 2 TE set as our base O with Howard on the field.

We'd have so many ways to attack a D no matter what defensive set they play.

Howard would be our #1 receiver. He'd be like Ozzie. He'd catch 90 balls a year and score a bunch of TDs.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
And it's not like DeValve doesn't have experience going out wide either.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
B
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy

He's going to be a interesting read this season. I expect him to be a big part of what we do.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
Don't have to preach to me Bro. I am all over Howard. We could run a devestating O using a 2 TE set as our base O with Howard on the field.

We'd have so many ways to attack a D no matter what defensive set they play.

Howard would be our #1 receiver. He'd be like Ozzie. He'd catch 90 balls a year and score a bunch of TDs.

OJ looks like a freak in the highlight videos I watched. I too am very open to him. With our o-line upgrades, OJ and Gary... this gives people like Coleman a chance to step up too. This gives people like Kessler options to get rid of the ball quick to if needed, or deep (since he's claimed to be working hard on the deep ball both on the field and in the weight room) and this helps the RBs get mainly seven man fronts to run on.

I like the idea of safety more if one is there worthy or it, but if we select Howard - I'm screaming almost just as loud!

thumbsup

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy

DeValve flashed a couple times. He's big, he's aggressive and has good hands (going from the few catches he made). . IMO he showed enough to be intriguing. I hate how rookies are written off if they don't have breakout seasons. Sometimes it's warranted, but patience is needed.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season 2017 NFL Draft Draft rumors flying about #1.

Link Copied to Clipboard