Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Waited for this to get posted , and nada .. Thinking ; have we become use to this kind of behavior ? Are we so burned out on the Violence , or Social media ( in your face ) that we acsept this " just the way it is " ?

As an Old fart I have a very , very , hard time understanding ..

Legend
Legend
Yeah I literally didn't even HEAR about it until the next day. It's strange.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
It's a very tragic situation, as all of these shootings and senseless acts of violence are. I have a theory about why you didn't hear so much about this one but it's probably not appropriate here.

Legend
Legend
Lots of things have gone without posting.

Quite honestly nobody cares anymore. I'm certainly burned out talking about it.

Cause we all know what each of us are gonna say on any sort of shooting topics.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Swish

Swish is right. I'll sum up the highlights here:

1) black guy shoots white people.. will he be charged with a hate crime... argue, argue, argue... quickly devolve into white vs. black, etc etc etc.

2) dude yells out in Arabic during shooting... is it terrorism or not?...argue,argue,argue, Obama, argue

3) he used a gun... do we need more gun control? argue, argue, argue, NRA, #whataboutthechildren vs. #prythemfrommycolddeadhands argue, crazy people, etc etc etc.

I might be missing something, but if I am, it too probably dissolves in to nonsense garbage that isn't befitting the original topic.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
So because we have a very emotional , cultural , racial , political ( ect ) topic , we will not embrace the challenge .. Hey , I'm just curious !

We constantly find fault in our elected officials because of there lack of results .. So we are just numb ..

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847
[quote=Swish]Lots of things have gone without posting.

1) black guy shoots white people.. will he be charged with a hate crime... argue, argue, argue... quickly devolve into white vs. black, etc etc etc.

2) dude yells out in Arabic during shooting... is it terrorism or not?...argue,argue,argue, Obama, argue

3) he used a gun... do we need more gun control? argue, argue, argue, NRA, #whataboutthechildren vs. #prythemfrommycolddeadhands argue, crazy people, etc etc etc.

I might be missing something, but if I am, it too probably dissolves in to nonsense garbage that isn't befitting the original topic.

Yup, that about sums it up. thumbsup

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend

"too many notes, not enough music-"
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Couldn't disagree with ya more, if this was the other way around the left politicians would be calling for protests that would turn ugly and they would gleefully support their violent actions that they caused

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Riley01
Couldn't disagree with ya more, if this was the other way around the left politicians would be calling for protests that would turn ugly and they would gleefully support their violent actions that they caused

You mean like a month ago when all the new details about Mike Brown came out? Including Darren Wilson saying that Mike Brown didn't go for his gun and that Wilson has used the "n-word" while on the clock as a policeman? Remember the thread the leftists started on DT? You don't? Because they didn't.

Honestly, most EE/PP is just Republicans whining about Democrats over every little thing. The funniest thing is, Democrats have stopped posting for the most part. So now you have Republicans whining loudly, crying, in all honesy, about hypothetical situations to each other.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
[quote=Swish]Lots of things have gone without posting.

Yup, that about sums it up. thumbsup

Fairly comprehensive.. you left out references to Sharpton/Jackson, BLM, and the white kid in Charleston.. but other than that, very good synopsis. thumbsup

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
Waited for this to get posted , and nada .. Thinking ; have we become use to this kind of behavior ? Are we so burned out on the Violence , or Social media ( in your face ) that we acsept this " just the way it is " ?

As an Old fart I have a very , very , hard time understanding ..

For decades people have said we should stop giving these killers their 15 minutes of fame.... now we need to talk about them more?

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend

Actually, in the vein of this attack being a terrorist attack, this lack of notice is the best thing possible. If we're disinterested and unmoved, then this sort of attack will fade away because it no longer carries the shock value the perpetrators crave.

I do find it funny how CNN changed the words of the criminal from "allahu akbar" to "God is Great". It shows a deliberate desire and intent by the news agency to soften the view of the attack.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
We’re a country with 325+ million people.

It’s a sad fact of human nature that at the very least, there will always be a small percentage of people who suffer from mental illness that includes homicidal sadism.

The only way these people could be identified/stopped/caught is if we all gave up a large chunk of our personal liberties. (we might be headed in this direction)

Now that everyone is carrying a camera on their person hoping to take the video that goes viral, we are getting amazing video of crimes as they happen.

In the terrorism vein, terrorism is a lot less effective when say 100 people maybe 1,000 people are terrorized versus a billion.

I too hope we are becoming disinterested in these events.

I think it would be a promising sign of societal maturity.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
You mean the "Hands up don't shoot" total lie case ...LMAO

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
.. " The only way these people could be identified/stopped/caught is if we all gave up a large chunk of our personal liberties. (we might be headed in this direction).. "
.......... Interesting !

I think most folks on BOTH sides of the isle are pretty fed up with over the top Media and heated conversations .. I worry about the lack of CIVIL discourse on important subjects by all concerned citizens ..

Legend
Legend
Quote:
I too hope we are becoming disinterested in these events.

I think it would be a promising sign of societal maturity.

There are a lot of ways this conversation could go..

Is it really a promising sign of societal maturity to become disinterested in the brutal killing of innocent people?

What if the next step for the psychos is, "Well it doesn't get their attention any more if I kill a few people in an elementary school. To get their attention, I really have to step up my game, like maybe blow up the cafeteria with 150 kids in it.. or put a bomb under a school bus.. or blow up the gym during a basketball game." Do we really believe that if we ignore them they will just give up? That kind of goes against the nature of folks who do these things.

yebat' Putin
D
Legend
Legend
D
Is anyone else upset that both CNN and the Associated Press reported the killers words as "God is great", when he had, in fact, said those words in Arabic (Allahu Akbar). I know the police don't believe he is a jihadist, but that was after the fact. When they (CNN, AP) reported it, knowing nothing more than that, they decided to filter it. To me, that's disturbing.

Legend
Legend
So we're upset that they went ahead and translated the term for you?

I don't understand what the problem is. It's the same damn thing in a different language.

What are you guys crying about?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Legend
Legend
D
Because it was deliberately misleading and failed to identify a possible terrorist attack. Isn't it the media's job to inform?

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: Dave
Is anyone else upset that both CNN and the Associated Press reported the killers words as "God is great", when he had, in fact, said those words in Arabic (Allahu Akbar). I know the police don't believe he is a jihadist, but that was after the fact. When they (CNN, AP) reported it, knowing nothing more than that, they decided to filter it. To me, that's disturbing.

CNN: No, I can't say I'm upset because it doesn't surprise me in the least. This is the network that added the word "racial" to President Trump's general comments about profiling in an attempt to sabotage his gains with minorities during the election season (they literally just changed his quote and reported it as if he had said something he didn't.)

It's the same network that leaked debate questions to the Clinton camp before debates against both Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump. They have other examples of very biased and unethical reporting. It's fake news.

The Associated Press... I would expect more from them.

Legend
Legend
Because it was deliberately misleading and failed to identify a possible terrorist attack. Isn't it the media's job to inform?

Explain how it's misleading?

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
It's also the same network that called called Trayvon Martin's killer a "white hispanic".

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D

Number one, does anyone not living under a rock really need the media to translate "Allahu Akbar" for them? Number two, does the actual language used not identify it as a possible attack by radical Islamists? Why would a reporter want to purposely leave that portrayed in such a vague fashion? Its like they're more concerned with any possible backlash to Muslims than they are to what might have been an attack on their countrymen.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Its definitely relevant to know the religion of the shooter.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: jfanent
It's also the same network that called called Trayvon Martin's killer a "white hispanic".

So what was he?

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Legend
Legend
A

So what was he?

Not black. That's why the description.

Legend
Legend

So what was he?

Trayvon Martin's killer.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend

Number one, does anyone not living under a rock really need the media to translate "Allahu Akbar" for them? Number two, does the actual language used not identify it as a possible attack by radical Islamists? Why would a reporter want to purposely leave that portrayed in such a vague fashion? Its like they're more concerned with any possible backlash to Muslims than they are to what might have been an attack on their countrymen.

Sure they need it translated. We have idiots in this country who harass and shoot Hindus because they think they're Muslim. So that's ignorance on your part for not realizing that no, not everybody is aware.

Let's say I'm a politician. I get caught on live tv saying the S word( for crap). But instead I said the same word in German.

Same word, right? Translated or not, it doesn't change the meaning of what was said.

And backlash? Everybody already assumed the guy was a Muslim anyway. English or Arabic, right now the only religion screaming god is great before killing/bombing something is Muslim.

So them translating the term means what? Nothing.

Swear to god some of y'all do the biggest crying about labels, and then complain about me labeling, but then wanna complain when something is not labeled to YOUR specific liking.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

So what was he?

There's always a description, especially if the shooter is black.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend

So what was he?

Trayvon Martin's killer.

Uh huh. Nice try trying to dodge the context.

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

So what was he?

There's always a description, especially if the shooter is black.

I disagree with that, 100%. I'll let the headlines prove it.

E
Legend
Legend
E

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Well then we clearly get have different new sources.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Sorry but if the shooter is black they make sure to find a photo, height weight identification, skin tone, etc

If the shooter is white it's "a man" and rarely a photo.

And if it's a Muslim the FIRST thing posted is the shooters name.

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Legend
Legend
D

Sure they need it translated. We have idiots in this country who harass and shoot Hindus because they think they're Muslim. So that's ignorance on your part for not realizing that no, not everybody is aware.

Let's say I'm a politician. I get caught on live tv saying the S word( for crap). But instead I said the same word in German.

Same word, right? Translated or not, it doesn't change the meaning of what was said.

And backlash? Everybody already assumed the guy was a Muslim anyway. English or Arabic, right now the only religion screaming god is great before killing/bombing something is Muslim.

Swear to god some of y'all do the biggest crying about labels, and then complain about me labeling, but then wanna complain when something is not labeled to YOUR specific liking.

That's just so weak its laughable. You're being disingenuous, as usual. Thanks for reminding me why I avoid political threads. By the way mods, this thread needs to be moved. Carry on.

Legend
Legend

That's just so weak its laughable. You're being disingenuous, as usual. Thanks for reminding me why I avoid political threads. By the way mods, this thread needs to be moved. Carry on.

Translation: couldn't refute, gotta label it weak to save face.

You avoid it cause you can't defend your opinion. That's what it boils down to.

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Legend
Legend
A
Sorry but if the shooter is black they make sure to find a photo, height weight identification, skin tone, etc

If the shooter is white it's "a man" and rarely a photo.

And if it's a Muslim the FIRST thing posted is the shooters name.

I don't know where you get your news from, but that isn't what I see. In fact, when I see a headline about a black shooting it's along the lines of "Man shoots....", and I pretty much know it's a black person. (what IS a black person anymore?)

Conversely, when a white (what's a white person anymore) person shoots someone, the "white" is prominent in the headline, as in "White male shoots....."

Legend
Legend
I get my news from everywhere. Sorry but I simply don't see what you see. Anything other than white and the name, race, religion if possible is always posted, as well as a list of previous crimes if there are anyway, even if it has zero to do with the current incident.

Like when that black dude got beat up by the cops recently. They showed a mug shot of the black dude and Greta photos of the cops, even after they asses got fired.

But you and I are (thank god) completely different. So makes sense we don't see or view the same new sources.

Last edited by Swish; 04/20/17 06:42 PM.

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:
You avoid it cause you can't defend your opinion. That's what it boils down to.

I avoid it because - as the saying goes - a nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Fascinating : No discussion on Fresno shooting ?

Link Copied to Clipboard