Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
He reminds me of Jordan. Who as a rookie/2nd year guy didn't show much. Few flashes.

Then boom.

Hope for the boom.

As long as it doesn't lead to a concussion.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
L
Legend
Legend
L
I like his height and wingspan.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
E
Legend
Legend
E
He's the only guy I say is an Automatic pick if there at 12...was saying it for a while now even before the top 10 stuff. Why I was upset that Foster failed his drug test.
I was counting on him getting taken before our #12 so that somebody like OJ can actually fall to us...now the odds got worse... frown

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
What the hell is this BS?

Mitch Trubisky still a serious candidate for Browns at No. 1, sources say

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Mitch Trubisky is still under serious consideration by the Browns at No. 1, league sources tell cleveland.com.

Despite that Browns head of football operations Sashi Brown gave strong vibes during his pre-draft press conference Wednesday that the Browns have zeroed in on Myles Garrett, they're still strongly considering taking Trubisky there, sources say.

The feeling on the part of the front office, sources say, is that the Browns are ready to draft their quarterback of the future and might not want to risk losing him if they try to trade up or hope he falls to them at No. 12.

Sources have told cleveland.com that the 49ers also like Trubisky and might take him at No. 2. "Don't be surprised,'' said one.

If that's the case, the Browns would likely turn to DeShaun Watson or Patrick Mahomes. But if they believe that Trubisky can be their franchise quarterback, and some in the organization apparently do, they might want to pull the trigger at No. 1.

...more within link

I know it's MKC and she's as plugged in as oil lantern, but how are these rumors still coming out? And what would it benefit the Browns to have this smoke screen? Maybe force the 49ers to trade up to #1 to take Mitchell and we still get Myles at #2? At this point, I want the Browns to announce Myles is our pick and let the 49ers know they're on the clock.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
So we really really REALLY might take Trubisky at #1 because we think he's a franchise QB..

But also might "settle" for Kizer or Mahomes?

This is beyond "silly season"

This is just stupid.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
P
Legend
Legend
P
Look this is probably bull, but we have been looking for our "Franchise QB" since 1993, so if these guys think MT is it then take him @ #1, we still have #12 and can take a pass rusher or DB there ... superconfused

Last edited by PastorMarc; 04/22/17 03:00 PM.

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
This is nothing more than the NFL telling Cleveland to keep the draft talk exciting. They were upset a few years ago when the #1 team(s) kept signing their players before the draft. They want this big production number with the draft. If we start talking about signing our #1, then it takes away from the draft. Anyway that's MO.

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
Legend
Legend
Can't wait for the draft to be over. omg.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
NRTU,

If this report is to be believed then you should believe it in its entirety. So, If Hue and Williams both want Garrett and you brought Hue in because of his QB prowess, and you brought Williams in because he's a elite defensive coordinator AND you disregard BOTH of their stated preferences for Garrett, WTF is going on in Berea?

Legend
Legend
I figure it's to make Chicago and SF nervous. If they can get Chicago to offer a trade maybe they can get SF to match it and gain a future pick and still get Garrett. Doesn't hurt to try.

Legend
Legend
I've said it before...

But this rumor started with the premise that our FO people, who are very heavy into analytics, wanted to take a QB with 13 college starts over the DE they were already reported to have an "astronomical grade" on..

It's not even a good rumor.

You wanna say we're considering trading down (because we might be) to try to get more picks (what we do) and still get this QB we seem to want? Ok fine.

But this story is just not believable.

B
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
Look this is probably bull, but we have been looking for our "Franchise QB" since 1993, so if these guys think MT is it then take him @ #1, we still have #12 and can take a pass rusher or DB there ... superconfused

Sorry Pastor, that is moronic to take Mitch over Myles.

Right now, at this time, I just want to build with soild, as sure as you can guess pieces.

We can build a winning team on D this year. I want guys who can step in and help us win the opener against the Steelers. Mitch can't do that. He won't play against the Steelers in the opener.

You guys do realize that if we go all in on D this year, we can have a top 5 D that is only going to get better, don't you? This is a very deep defensive class.

Don't draft against the strength of a draft class, draft with it. This isn't hard. It's football. It's a game. This isn't hard to figure out.

OJ Howard is the only player I would consider in the top 12, and it wouldn't be at #1 either..

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Anyone think all this Trubisky love is being pushed out by the Browns so they hope he is off the board? Basically, so it potentially opens up another available player they like to pick at #12?

Tackles are tackles.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
j/c:

Anyone think all this Trubisky love is being pushed out by the Browns so they hope he is off the board? Basically, so it potentially opens up another available player they like to pick at #12?

That and the hope that the 49ers want him. Trade down one spot, pick up an extra pick, still get Garrett.

In the end it won't work, but it doesn't hurt anything to try.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Garrett is a total lock unless someone offers an rg3 deal.12 is the mystery.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym

As is 33.

Legend
Legend
Hopefully we won't screw up and not take Garrett at 1.

I really think they want Trubisky next. I wouldn't be surprised if they trade up to get him. If not, I wouldn't mind if we took another defensive player at 12.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That is from "league sources." What league sources actually know what the Browns are thinking? It's all BS trying to stir interest.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think they want Watson. I just do not know if they want him at 12 or 33.

The draft is like poker. When you have a weak hand you bet like your hand is strong. When your hand is strong you bet like it is weak.

In the draft you openly talk about players you do not plan to pick and keep quite about the ones you want.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan

As is 33.

Granted, BPA will win out overall but assuming Myles goes #1, next two priorities would have to be safety and QB.

After Adams and Hooker, there's likely not a safety worth 12.

Most assume Trub will be gonzo by 12 and there seems to be alot of doubt that Watson, Kizer or Mahomes would be worth it that high.

SO if Trub, Adams and Hooker are all gone, what's the play? OJ Howard seems to be gaining momentum but we still have Barnridge plus DeValve showed some good things. If those three are gone, I'm betting we look to trade down.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: CanadaDawg
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan

As is 33.

Granted, BPA will win out overall but assuming Myles goes #1, next two priorities would have to be safety and QB.

After Adams and Hooker, there's likely not a safety worth 12.

Most assume Trub will be gonzo by 12 and there seems to be alot of doubt that Watson, Kizer or Mahomes would be worth it that high.

SO if Trub, Adams and Hooker are all gone, what's the play? OJ Howard seems to be gaining momentum but we still have Barnridge plus DeValve showed some good things. If those three are gone, I'm betting we look to trade down.

I think trading down is a real possibility at 12. If last year taught us anything it is this FO will move around when ever the chance arises to accumulate more draft capital.

Garrett is a prize at #1 and unless another team unloads a kings ransom Garrett will be a Brown Thursday.

At number 12 unless a player falls to them that they feel they cannot pass on trade down pick up another 3rd or 4th round pick in the process.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Legend
Legend
I can see us trading back from 12 too ... however, which player(s) at 12 will be enticing to teams below us?

Maybe if a team falls in love with an OL since there is no depth/quality at those spots

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
If you believe the rumors, the guys that seem to be generating multiple interest from teams right behind us:

Christian McCaffrey
Hassan Reddick
One of the WRs (assuming one goes in picks 1-11)
OJ
Gareon Conley

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
I don't think any of those are worth #12, even Howard (given the depth of TE talent). I like all of those players including Davis and Williams but at least 5 slots or so later.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I believe a lot of people in the press are pimping QB's as they always do.

At seasons end, nobody was suggesting that QB's should go high in this draft. And they haven't taken a snap to change that since then. They are the same guys they were then.

As such, out of sheer desperation, the fan base has bought into what the media is selling. Being in desperate need does not make these guys any better.

But as usual, some teams will use that desperation as a catalyst to draft at least one of the underachievers early and flop as history of the draft suggests.

I just hope it's not us.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
That's been us in the past, every time we drafted one, at least in the 1st round. Let's do something different this time; stay we're we are and take BPA especially in the 1st 3 rounds. With all our picks and a deep draft we can really start to turn this around.

P
Rookie
Rookie
P
J/C The INDUSTRIAL size manure spreaders are hitting on all cylinders as this is their last week to be relevant. They all want that "I told you so story". We are picking Garrett #1 end of story. After that,I really think the chess match begins.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I agree Prison we should take MG. With MG along with Gregg Williams and some other new players our D can become very good in a short time. We already have some solid guys that still have room too develop going into their 2nd and 3rd years. Good opportunity to really load up on D in this draft. JMO

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 04/23/17 04:42 PM.
Legend
Legend
agreed Homewood ... an improved Ogbah and Nassib and Shelton and Kirksey .. along with the leader Collins .. add a good safety and Garrett

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
E
Legend
Legend
E
j/c...how bout the rumor of Denver looking to move up to #12 to draft the best LT prospect in this draft.
I'm wondering if 20, 51, 82 and a 2018 2nd rounder...oh and they take BO with us paying half his 2017 cap hit.

jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: eotab
j/c...how bout the rumor of Denver looking to move up to #12 to draft the best LT prospect in this draft.
I'm wondering if 20, 51, 82 and a 2018 2nd rounder...oh and they take BO with us paying half his 2017 cap hit.

jmho

If Howard, Adams, Hooker, Thomas, and Allen are gone, I'd be all about moving back to 20. More likely be just 20 & 51 though, but I'd still be all over that. Might have to throw them back a pick, like 145 maybe, but the delta in what we would get between 12 and 20 in that scenario is minimal if anything, and 50-something is a prime pick in this draft.

JMO.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Mike Siver, aka Hue's BFF, is in Berea all week. He's worth a follow on Twitter for the next several days.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: clevesteve

jmho

If Howard, Adams, Hooker, Thomas, and Allen are gone, I'd be all about moving back to 20. More likely be just 20 & 51 though, but I'd still be all over that. Might have to throw them back a pick, like 145 maybe, but the delta in what we would get between 12 and 20 in that scenario is minimal if anything, and 50-something is a prime pick in this draft.

JMO.

I'd rather take that LT ourselves, put him at RT and in two seasons when Joe retires, slip the new guy over to LT.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Except. This draft sucks for Oline. And there doesn't really appear to be a guy like that available. (Imo)

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Originally Posted By: clevesteve

jmho

JMO.

I'd rather take that LT ourselves, put him at RT and in two seasons when Joe retires, slip the new guy over to LT.

I believe that is the plan for Shon Coleman. Although I don't think Joe Thomas will ever retire.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Actually in the story I read it was 20, 51 and 82...I threw in the 2018 2nd rounder cause we were including Brock who Denver might be one of the only teams willing to bring him into their camp.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Top NFL Draft prospect accused of sexual assault at downtown Cleveland hotel

Quote:
Cleveland 19 News have had numerous conversations about the report you are about to read. There's a lot at stake. A young woman who said she was sexually assaulted, a young man who is about to start his NFL career, and a team who may be taking a huge risk drafting a player who's under investigation right here in Cleveland.

"Officers on scene no call back. Twenty three-year-old female conscious and breathing. Victim of a sexual assault." That's police radio traffic coming from the downtown Westin Hotel in Cleveland after 3 a.m. Sunday, April 9.

The accused is a college football player who is expected to be drafted in the first round of the NFL on Thursday.

We are not naming the player because we're waiting for the police report. And we want to be very clear he has not been officially charged with a crime at this point.

By phone investigative producer Cassie Nist spoke to the player's attorney, Kevin Spellacy, who said he is representing the player in this matter, but said the accusations are "ludicrous and ridiculous."

"In my opinion this young lady is an opportunist and it's actually despicable" said Spellacy.

The player's attorney says it all started at the Barley House on West 6th Street, when a group left there to go to the Westin for a hotel room party. He said his client was never alone with the alleged victim, and he has three witnesses who said he did nothing wrong. When police arrived at the Westin, the player had already left.. The attorney said he is willing to bring his client in to be interviewed by police, but not right away. He has made arraignments for the interview to be held right after the NFL Draft.

There is a lot at stake. It's just days before the draft and one of the top picks has his name on paperwork somewhere on a Cleveland detective's desk. We'd like to see that paperwork. Normally we can. But for some reason we, the media, are being held up.

Who visited the Browns on April 8-9?

L
Legend
Legend
L
Wayne Gretzky once told a reporter that he would never get in an elevator alone with a woman.

gmstrong

-----------------

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: bugs
Top NFL Draft prospect accused of sexual assault at downtown Cleveland hotel

Quote:
Cleveland 19 News have had numerous conversations about the report you are about to read. There's a lot at stake. A young woman who said she was sexually assaulted, a young man who is about to start his NFL career, and a team who may be taking a huge risk drafting a player who's under investigation right here in Cleveland.

"Officers on scene no call back. Twenty three-year-old female conscious and breathing. Victim of a sexual assault." That's police radio traffic coming from the downtown Westin Hotel in Cleveland after 3 a.m. Sunday, April 9.

The accused is a college football player who is expected to be drafted in the first round of the NFL on Thursday.

We are not naming the player because we're waiting for the police report. And we want to be very clear he has not been officially charged with a crime at this point.

By phone investigative producer Cassie Nist spoke to the player's attorney, Kevin Spellacy, who said he is representing the player in this matter, but said the accusations are "ludicrous and ridiculous."

"In my opinion this young lady is an opportunist and it's actually despicable" said Spellacy.

The player's attorney says it all started at the Barley House on West 6th Street, when a group left there to go to the Westin for a hotel room party. He said his client was never alone with the alleged victim, and he has three witnesses who said he did nothing wrong. When police arrived at the Westin, the player had already left.. The attorney said he is willing to bring his client in to be interviewed by police, but not right away. He has made arraignments for the interview to be held right after the NFL Draft.

There is a lot at stake. It's just days before the draft and one of the top picks has his name on paperwork somewhere on a Cleveland detective's desk. We'd like to see that paperwork. Normally we can. But for some reason we, the media, are being held up.

Who visited the Browns on April 8-9?

If a QB did, Mary Kay will be all over it

gmstrong

-----------------

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Obi Melifonwu was in town April 7th per Dawgs by Nature.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season 2017 NFL Draft Draft rumors flying about #1.

Link Copied to Clipboard