Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1265081 04/28/17 07:56 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I tried (very hard to do) to read all the threads on the guys we drafted and the trades that led to them.

The negativity got to me so I decided, why don't we look at it all together rather than one pick or trade at a time.

So, now that we've all had the time to see everything unfold on Day One, what do you think?

Is the trade down with Houston still stupid or do you think that now that you've seen what they did with it, does it ease the pain?

Moving up to get a TE, did that suprise you? do you think that guy would have been there at the top of the second?

Put it here!

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
The trade back surprised me this year, and trading up did as well (we obviously knew Pitt wanted him). I like Njoku ... not so much peppers, but we'll see. He may thrive in Williams' system

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Hue Jackson knows Browns still have plenty of work to do

By Michael Silver

BEREA, Ohio -- Three minutes into the 2017 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns were on the clock, and Hue Jackson was on the move. Jackson, the Browns' second-year coach, anxiously paced around the War Room on the second floor of the team's training facility Thursday night as the organization's chief powerbrokers, owners Jimmy and Dee Haslam and executive vice president Sashi Brown, prepared to formalize the selection of Texas A&M pass rusher Myles Garrett with the first overall pick.

Even though the team's intention to choose Garrett had been reinforced to Jackson earlier that day, he still had some nervous energy to burn. Coming off a miserable 1-15 season, Jackson -- like virtually every respected NFL coach and talent evaluator -- regarded Garrett as the best player in the draft, and he wanted him badly to be a member of the Browns, preferably as soon as possible.

"Once I knew the draft was gonna start, I was feeling good -- but you still never know till you do it," Jackson said early Friday morning as he prepared to leave the facility for a few hours of sleep at his nearby condominium. "You just want to get it going. You just want to get him on your team as fast as you can. So yeah, it was like, 'Let's go!'"

If Jackson's draft experience started with a bang, he emerged from the war room following Thursday's first round with an exhausted sigh, with the Browns having taken their fans through the gamut of emotions while landing three potential impact starters -- and securing an extra first-round selection for 2018. The rollercoaster ride included Cleveland trading down from 12th to 25th overall with the Houston Texans, ultimately selecting Michigan safety Jabrill Peppers in that spot, and then trading back up from the top of the second round (33rd overall) to nab Miami tight end David Njoku with the 29th overall pick.

When all was said and done, the Browns still had plenty of work to do, with two picks on the board for Friday's second night of the draft -- in the second (52nd overall) and third (65th overall) rounds -- and seven remaining overall. And, to the chagrin of many of their increasingly impatient fans, they still had a roster devoid of an obvious answer at quarterback, a situation Jackson and Brown vow to remedy before the start of the 2017 campaign.

"It's not just about the quarterback," Jackson insisted early Friday morning. "I know everyone wants to view it that way, but we have a lot of holes to fill. You can't force something and make a bad decision. We'll keep exploring our options, and we'll look at everything."

To that end, the Browns had debated the idea of drafting North Carolina's Mitchell Trubisky first overall, ultimately opting for Garrett. Then they contemplated a dream scenario in which they could come away with both players: According to Brown, they contacted every team in the Top 11 in the weeks leading up to the draft to gauge the possibility of moving up from 12, but when Trubisky went off the board earlier than expected (he went second, to the Bears, who moved up a spot by trading with the 49ers), that plan was scuttled.

Another quarterback Jackson liked, Texas Tech's Patrick Mahomes, was scooped up 10th overall by the Chiefs, following a trade with the Bills. And a third highly regarded passer, Clemson's Deshaun Watson, was there with the Browns on the clock at 12, but Brown elected instead to do the deal with the Texans, who took Watson with the pick.

So Thursday ended with the Browns pondering a quarterback competition between Brock Osweiler, acquired in a March trade with the Texans following a disappointing season in Houston, and second-year holdovers Cody Kessler and Kevin Hogan. Their options for adding to that mix include targeting someone in the remainder of this draft, such as Cal's Davis Webb, Notre Dame's DeShone Kizer or Tennessee's Joshua Dobbs; signing a current free agent like Colin Kaepernick or Jay Cutler; or attempting to trade for a passer, with the Bengals' AJ McCarron, and the Patriots' Jimmy Garoppolo among the possibilities.

In the meantime, Jackson put his head on the pillow early Friday morning content that the Browns had gotten better -- and landed a potential star in Garrett, whose ability to harass opposing quarterbacks could inject the Browns' defense with some much-needed punch.

"We feel like Myles is special," Jackson said. "But we've got a long way to go."

In other words, Jackson hopes the Browns are on the move -- just like he was before Garrett came off the board.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ign=Twitter_atn

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm lazy , what picks do we have left ?? 52, 65 and we traded our 4th , so ??

Legend
Legend
yeah, 52 and 65 tonight at least

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Yes. Day 1 is in the books. And if you told me the Browns walked away with:

Myles Garrett, DE
Jabril Peppers, SS
David Njoku, TE
2018 first rounder....

...I would be very, very pleased. And I still am to a degree. Yet there are some things that have me wondering "what if". If you didn't follow the draft pick-by-pick and solely looked at the final results, you wouldn't know that Allen, Howard, and Hooker were staring at us in the face at 12. Nevermind Watson. I'm glad we passed on him and subsequently taking Njoku lessens the blow knowing Howard was available. But Hooker and Allen would have been great here for us-- we cannot deny that. However, I do understand the appeal for a first-rounder with the approach of this FO and, even in the press conference post-Round One, Sashi conceded that the time is not yet complete to stop compiling picks and there are still many holes to fill. At least he's honest.

I was disappointed Trubisky was selected #2, and although he was my favorite QB, I think the FO wanted Mahomes at 12 and was ready to take him. I truly believe that. I think Arizona wanted him too. That's why KC made the trade where they did.

I was getting pretty drowsy by the end of the first round but I feel I read something that said the Browns picked two players knowing the Steelers coveted them too--Peppers and Njoku. I hope that's true!

In summation, I'm pleased with the first day. I think we added a lot of talent and a very high asset for next year.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
I'm lazy , what picks do we have left ?? 52, 65 and we traded our 4th , so ??

Yes and 5 more on Saturday.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I was pumped for all of the talent sitting there at 12 and then they traded it away...and it deflated everything.

But, they still walked away with 3 day-1 starters, some special teams help and an extra 1st round pick next year.

Can't complain about that.

I really thought we were gonna take Foster with 29. But Foster must have some character issues to slide this far. Even Baltimore and Pittsburgh passed on Foster and he seems like the exact kind of player they both always take. Something seems off.

------------------------------
*In Baker we trust*
-------------------------------
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So what are the numbers on those Saturday picks ?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Yes. Day 1 is in the books. And if you told me the Browns walked away with:

Myles Garrett, DE
Jabril Peppers, SS
David Njoku, TE
2018 first rounder....

...I would be very, very pleased. And I still am to a degree. Yet there are some things that have me wondering "what if". If you didn't follow the draft pick-by-pick and solely looked at the final results, you wouldn't know that Allen, Howard, and Hooker were staring at us in the face at 12. Nevermind Watson. I'm glad we passed on him and subsequently taking Njoku lessens the blow knowing Howard was available. But Hooker and Allen would have been great here for us-- we cannot deny that. However, I do understand the appeal for a first-rounder with the approach of this FO and, even in the press conference post-Round One, Sashi conceded that the time is not yet complete to stop compiling picks and there are still many holes to fill. At least he's honest.

I was disappointed Trubisky was selected #2, and although he was my favorite QB, I think the FO wanted Mahomes at 12 and was ready to take him. I truly believe that. I think Arizona wanted him too. That's why KC made the trade where they did.

I was getting pretty drowsy by the end of the first round but I feel I read something that said the Browns picked two players knowing the Steelers coveted them too--Peppers and Njoku. I hope that's true!

In summation, I'm pleased with the first day. I think we added a lot of talent and a very high asset for next year.

I'm feeling the same exact way on every single point you made.

To me the biggest question mark is Peppers. He played 5 different positions at MI. Is that because he's not that good and doesn't fit anywhere - or is it because he is that good. I imagine we all agree playing so many positions would hinder his development at whatever is his best position. Oddly enough - the argument that many used for NOT drafting Reuben Foster (defenses are in out of their base D 60-70% of the time) actually would make Peppers a more valuable pick in my opinion. I expect him to play an in the box safety / nickle slot DB. I don't have any expectation for him to play as well as Polamalu .... but I do expect him to be used in a similar, versatile way and line up 'all over the place'.

Garrett was the best player in the draft. I see those that want to bash the FO say that pick doesn't count. But how many were concerned the FO would feel desperate enough to take Trubisky at #1?

I love the Njoku pick. I watched OJ Howard Game tape and Everret and Engram tape .... missed Njoku. As a pass catching TE he looks as explosive as any to me.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
So basically, your saying the first round, as a whole, was successful?

I am. I think we got three guys that can help the team. No, we didn't get a QB. But all I remember hearing in the run up to the draft was that none of them are top 10 talents. That there was no sure things in this draft.

So, I honestly wasn't buying all the speculation about Trubisky. I didn't believe he was targeted. Some have said, maybe we wanted Mahomes, I don't know about that.

We had the ammunition to move up to get him and clearly, Brown and the FO guys aren't shy about moving around in the draft, so that kinda tells me, we didn't want him. It would have cost us a whole lot less then it did KC. They really had to drop a bunch on moving up.

So for me, with all the ammunition we had to move around, It's pretty apparent to me, we didn't want any of them.

All in all, I like what we did last night.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
I agree ... I did feel deflated when we traded back. I wanted Hooker, Allen, or Howard.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Waiting to see what day two brings.
Terribly unsure on the QB spot.
I still think Osweiler will be under center on day one and go back and forth on whether that's good or bad. I feel the kid has promise in the right system.

Last edited by 1oldMutt; 04/28/17 09:03 AM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I really wanted Hooker at #12 but if Peppers becomes even a half way decent player and Houston's 1st rnd pick next year gets us a QB or another quality starter then the trade was a huge success.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A thought I had, I wonder if all the late hoopla about us wanting Trubisky was because we knew Chicago wanted him and were hoping we could get a similar deal as to what the Niners got then at #3 we would have taken Garrett if still there or Solomon Thomas.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
L
Legend
Legend
L
I don't think we pick 7 more players, I'd be surprised if we ended up with 3 more, i think we will doing some wheeling and dealing. But I, like alot of guys following along live were extremely excited watching blue chips falling where we had a pick of a day 1 impact guy and then not only trade down, but trade down to the bottom of the first..deflating. But I like peppers and i think njoku is a sleeper of some sorts, he won't be 21 until this summer. He could break the seams for us all day and he's going to get much better. All in all a good day 1, but always play whatif

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I like it a lot. The more you read about Williams' defense the more Peppers could be a real hit (pun intended). I know a lot of people don't like it but, I think (hope) he does pan out and be that next Honey Badger. And, he instantly becomes a kick/punt returner. Njoku was many analysts 2nd highest TE so, he too was a good grab + the extra 1st. We now have enough ammo to get a QB next year. I like it and am impressed. We let Chicago and KC, and arguably Houston overreach. Lets see how it pans out for them.

SF walked away with their guy at 3, a bunch of picks AND Foster at 31. Their fans have to be pretty stoked too.

I REALLY want a free safety at 52. Marcus Williams would be great (assuming Obi is off the board by then). Assuming 65 is a WR, RB or QB?

E
Legend
Legend
E
1. Usual suspects crying...lol Wah, Wah I wanted this guy or that guy. Look who we got.

2. 3 college players were nominated for DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR... We drafted TWO OF THEM!!!

3. Was ho-hum on the trade back at the time. But didn't realize who would be dropping to us. I kept telling myself that I would be liking it much better come 2018 when we have another First round pick.

4. Got news for you all. The Texans still have Diddly for QB in their upcoming season. Watson will start...lol they will lose a lot of games as he gets experience...Savage...lol yeah right. They just might come in last in their division.

5. Njoku is an amazing talent we got 3 Impact players...so far. 3 Individual talents that fit into our Team Plan.

6. Right after our pick at 25...our War Room emptied out as I guess they were Hungry. No Sashi, No Berry, No Haslam,
No Hue...all saw guys I didn't recognize with Dee and DePodesta the only higher archy remaining...wonder who orchestrated that last trade up to 29 to take Njoku?

What a great day...you whiners got to stop crying about WHO WE DIDN'T GET and understand WHO WE DID!!! Its all in your minds...This was a great draft!
jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Quote:
Several teams did an excellent job selling their QB love to me: Browns, Bills, Cardinals

https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/857959878857510912

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Normally, every year I am furious at the Browns and question my misfortune for a birthplace and loyalty for the Browns....

Last year was especially bad.. No Wentz... and promises for the future.

This year, I am a bit more optimistic. I can't quite get the endless negativity, well no, I understand it, but I purposely choose to follow a different path.

This year, I am a bit more satisfied with the first days selections... Still no QB, but I would have not made the trades that Chicago or KC did.

I suspect the Browns wanted Mahomes, evidently KC did as well. I have a sneaky suspicion that Webb is on the radar as well from the week at the Senior Bowl. Maybe its unfounded hope, but that is what I think would benefit the team.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
Cleveland has been the market with the highest local TV rating for the NFL draft for four consecutive years. Browns fans don't give up hope.

https://twitter.com/MichaelDavSmith/status/857972907875733508

Tackles are tackles.
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
I tried (very hard to do) to read all the threads on the guys we drafted and the trades that led to them.

The negativity got to me so I decided, why don't we look at it all together rather than one pick or trade at a time.

So, now that we've all had the time to see everything unfold on Day One, what do you think?

Is the trade down with Houston still stupid or do you think that now that you've seen what they did with it, does it ease the pain?

Moving up to get a TE, did that suprise you? do you think that guy would have been there at the top of the second?

Put it here!

The trade down with Houston was never stupid. People are just crying because the player they wanted was drafted by someone else. (I do think Bears and Chiefs fans have a right to be complaining about their trades)

Did I want Hooker at 12, yes, but the talent drop from Hooker to Peppers isn't that significant, and we have another 1st rounder next year.

Mayock said it best, it seems the Browns are taking the way of the Seahawks in building a team - build it and then drop a QB into the mix whether it is a rookie or vet. If we could even have 1/2 the success in the next 5 years that the Seahawks have had the last 5 years, I suspect most people on this board would be content.

Regarding Njoku, Pittsburgh supposedly liked the guy, and I could see New Orleans having him on their radar. I was surprised we traded up, not necessarily for a particular player, just that this FO traded up. I like the pick, he's 20 years old and is still somewhat new to the position. He's a willing blocker with good speed and good hands. It may take him a year or two to start to blossom, but that timing might end up being perfect.

With all the JG talk the last few months and Kirk Cousins rumors last night, I kind of wonder if the Browns FO are setting themselves up for one of them next year. If NE\Wash keeps them and uses the Non-Exclusive Franchise tag, the cost is 2 first rounders. We have 2, plus 3 second rounders, which can easily be converted into 1 mid-late first rounder and a second rounder. I'm not suggesting we do this, just wondering if that is what the FO has in mind. Frankly I'd like to see Kessler after a full year in the offense and a revamped O-line.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Quote:
Cleveland has been the market with the highest local TV rating for the NFL draft for four consecutive years. Browns fans don't give up hope.

https://twitter.com/MichaelDavSmith/status/857972907875733508
and we keep getting 2 picks in the first night. it's a perpetuating event

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:
I don't think we pick 7 more players

I agree, I think we're going to try to move up in the second round.. Don't know who for, but perhaps there is a QB or Safety the covet. But to do that, they'll need to trade away a few of those picks and perhaps one of the three seconds we have for next year.

Today should tell us a lot.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
O
Legend
Legend
O
Bottom line:

On paper we got better and we are in good shape to snag a quality QB next year if needed. There may even be a QB we plan to go all-in for next year. smile

It's hard to watch but I wouldn't even mind picking first next year, that would be huge.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 04/28/17 11:59 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
D
Legend
Legend
D
All in all, I'm happy. Really I was easily pleased though with the #1 pick being who it was, and that was really all that was needed. Bit disappointed that we had Hooker in grasp, and passed on it. However, I liked the two picks in Myles of course and David, and I will give the Peppers pick some time to warm up to me. Not saying that it amounts to anything, but he was bursting with excitement on that call. We'll see, as we will with all the other first round selections.

Good job.

EDIT

I do think truthfully Chicago saved us from ourselves when they made that, IMO, absurd and strange trade to move up for Mitch. at #2.

Last edited by Dawg_LB; 04/28/17 12:07 PM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think the problem occurs when fans get a strong sense of how a draft is supposed to play out. They get certain players or scenarios in their heads and when things go in a different direction they have a hard time wrapping their head around it.

I'm quite content with last nights first round. Garrett was a no brainer for me. Njoku is only 20 years old. He has some developing to do but adds an athletic physical presence we need.

And I'm not as butt hurt about Peppers as many are. I keep in mind that much as it is with QB's, NCAA coaches do not have the job to prepare players for the NFL. Their job is to win in the NCAA. There's no doubt about the athletic ability of Peppers and I'm sure that Gregg Williams has a plan in mind for him.

Next year looks like the best QB class in years. Adding another first round pick to next year makes a lot of sense to me. To get the haul of talent we did plus that first round pick for next year, I see improvement in our FO from last year.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: eotab
1. Usual suspects crying...lol Wah, Wah I wanted this guy or that guy. Look who we got.

2. 3 college players were nominated for DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR... We drafted TWO OF THEM!!!

3. Was ho-hum on the trade back at the time. But didn't realize who would be dropping to us. I kept telling myself that I would be liking it much better come 2018 when we have another First round pick.

4. Got news for you all. The Texans still have Diddly for QB in their upcoming season. Watson will start...lol they will lose a lot of games as he gets experience...Savage...lol yeah right. They just might come in last in their division.

5. Njoku is an amazing talent we got 3 Impact players...so far. 3 Individual talents that fit into our Team Plan.

6. Right after our pick at 25...our War Room emptied out as I guess they were Hungry. No Sashi, No Berry, No Haslam,
No Hue...all saw guys I didn't recognize with Dee and DePodesta the only higher archy remaining...wonder who orchestrated that last trade up to 29 to take Njoku?

What a great day...you whiners got to stop crying about WHO WE DIDN'T GET and understand WHO WE DID!!! Its all in your minds...This was a great draft!
jmho

BRAVO! BRAVO! BRAVO! thumbsup

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm going to assume the pass on Hooker was due to medical. I hope so, because when I heard the type of player he is (centerfield-type safety), I was really hopeful we could land him. That's the kind of player this defense has been SORELY lacking for a while. Gibson was the closest we had to that type of player.

Re: the trade down. I really like the fact that we added more ammo for next year. It wouldn't have been quite as deflating if we had traded back to... say... the middle of the round vs all the way to the back, but oh well. I don't like the Peppers pick; but with Williams in the house, maybe it'll work. It's done, so there's not much use to wringing our hands over it now.

On the other hand from the Peppers pick, I'd like to give our FO a HUGE pat on the back for not losing their mind like (what seemed to be) the rest of the NFL. The offensive players that got selected before some of the defensive talent was ridiculous. Trub at 2!? 2 RBs in the top 10!? 2 WRs from this class in the top 10!? Mahommes and Watson? Of the 3, Watson might be the only one that's ready to start now. Passing on all that great defensive talent for a guy that MIGHT contribute in a year or two? Wow... Sorry, but I don't get it.

I'm not sure I've ever been able to say this during my Browns fandom, but I'm glad we've got the guys we've got in the FO... it could be way worse (looking at Chicago and Houston, in particular).

Oh, and everyone should tip their hats to the 9'ers. IMO, they're the hands-down winners of round 1.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Oh, and everyone should tip their hats to the 9'ers. IMO, they're the hands-down winners of round 1.

They made out like bandits. Took the candy from the baby, waited for the baby to get handed more candy and then proceeded to take that candy too.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
First off Myles Garrett at #1, is the beast we haven't had in a very long time. I think we not only got a hell of a lot better but we can keep guys fresh so they can go 100% every play.

at 12 we were going either Mahomes or Corey davis and wow lol I think the medical scared us away from some players that many of us really really liked in Allen, Hooker and Foster.

Houston called and with the guys we wanted off the board we made the move. I don't blame them a bit, I would have tried coming up for OJ Howard but I think we got our probowl te a bit later anyway.

Peppers is one of the best openfield tacklers I have seen and at the combines, he looked like he could be nickel but does he give u anymore than what Kindred gives u as an in the box safety? its hard for me to like the pick when I don't know what the hell we drafted.

Day 2 coming up. We can add 2 more starters. I wouldn't mind trading a 2nd and 3rd next year to get back into this second this year. Some really good receivers, defensive backs and running backs to be had.

Legend
Legend

The Draft is a dynamic process. You prepare for all that you can. However, that does not mean you can control the process.

The Browns did the right thing in taking Garrett.

At the end of the first day day they ended up with three very good prospects that all have the potential to be impact players.

Certainly they wanted a quarterback. It just didn't work out. Trubisky was a reach at 2. The Chief's jumped them on Mahomes. That was sad for me. However, they are in a great position with draft assets to get a guy next year.

Next year is unique. Two young veteran free agents will be available. Garoppolo and Cousins are both good quarterbacks.

The draft has some very hot qb prospects.

They should now stick with the plan and get good players BPA. If they want to target a guy they can.

Legend
Legend
I find it funny that "experts" all have Howard, Allen, Hooker, etc going so early ... then the real teams/scouts have it way different. I think sometimes we're brainwashed into thinking "Hooker is top 8" when maybe he isn't. Who knows

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I find it funny that "experts" all have Howard, Allen, Hooker, etc going so early ... then the real teams/scouts have it way different. I think sometimes we're brainwashed into thinking "Hooker is top 8" when maybe he isn't. Who knows

Yeah look how far Foster dropped. Didn't expect that.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

The fact that Tony Rizzo and Aaron Goldhammer are bashing Round One gives me the most hope that we got it right.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB

And I have to say, as much as I and many others liked Hooker, I don't believe that Gregg Williams was thrilled to get a guy that high in the draft that had issues tacking well.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That's the thing, we only get to see part of picture. Medical and interviews weigh just as much and sometimes more than actual on the field performance. There had to be something with Howard or he would have gone top 8 or we would have jumped up to get him. It was medical with Allen, Hooker and Foster.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Foster, Hooker, & Allen fell because of medical. Maybe they're value picks, maybe they're done in 2-3 years. Big risk on a 1st round pick.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Williams got his guy in Peppers and he will use him.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Williams got his guy in Peppers and he will use him.
there's no doubt Peppers is Williams guy. It's a good fit IMO

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season 2017 NFL Draft Day one in the Books

Link Copied to Clipboard