Next Thread
Print Thread
D
drobs Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
D
According to NFL.com live right now. Pinch of salt etc.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...tion-for-browns

EDIT: Corrected thread title

Last edited by drobs; 04/28/17 04:21 PM.
Legend
Legend
I'd give a 6th round pick for him. Nothing more.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Legend
Legend
P
We have 3 5ths I would give them our 3rd 5th and thats a lot for a QB who was drafted in the 5th rd. himself ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
We give any more than that and someone needs to be fired.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
We give any more than that and someone needs to be fired.

Agreed thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
they wnt a 1st for him, which is comedy

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Bungals rofl

D
Legend
Legend
D
A first for AJ? Yeah, how about no... lol.

I'm not even sure I'd provide what Pastor said, a 5th. I basically came to grips we will be going into this season with Brock and Cody.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I would tell them the same thing I told Denver when they asked for Joe Thomas last night ... thumbsdown

M
Legend
Legend
M
I'd be more excited about his wife moving to Cleveland than A.J.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
A second rounder for AJ McCarron?
That is a joke, right?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

I wouldn't give a 1st for Dalton. saywhat

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CalDawg

I'd give more for boomer esiason right now

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H

Make it a package deal .. get Kenny Anderson to back Boomer up
naughtydevil

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Halfback32

Make it a package deal .. get Kenny Anderson to back Boomer up
naughtydevil
brownie

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I would agree to sending the Houston 2018 1st for Aj McCarren
Then when it came time to send over the trade agreement, I would "accidentally" type in AJ Green and hope they don't notice smile

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Agent's Take: Five NFL Draft blockbuster trades for veterans that need to happen

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents...need-to-happen/

AJ McCarron QB / Cincinnati

Destination: Browns

Trade compensation: 2017 second-round pick (52nd overall from Titans) and a swap of 2017 third-round picks (Bengals’ 73rd overall for Browns’ 65th overall)

Most of the public attention has been focused on whether the Patriots will be willing to trade 2014 second-round pick Jimmy Garoppolo, who is entering his contract year. Garoppolo looked like a quality starting quarterback in the six quarters he played while Tom Brady was serving a four-game suspension for Deflategate before spraining the AC joint in his right shoulder.

McCarron, a 2014 fifth-round pick, might be a better fit requiring far less draft capital. Browns head coach Hue Jackson was the Bengals’ offensive coordinator in 2014 and ‘15 so he already knows McCarron’s capabilities. Giving up at least the 12th overall pick in this year’s draft would be a necessity with Garoppolo.

McCarron took over at quarterback down the stretch of the 2015 season after a broken thumb sidelined Andy Dalton. In seven games (three starts), he connected on 79 of 119 passes (66.4 completion percentage) for 854 yards with six touchdowns and two interceptions, which was good for a 97.1 passer rating. McCarron would have a playoff win to his name but for the Bengals’ ill-timed defensive penalties late in a wild-card loss to the Steelers. He didn’t throw any passes in 2016.

McCarron will not be entering the open market like Garoppolo after the season despite being in the same draft class. He didn’t earn a year of service toward free agency in 2014 because he spent most of his rookie season on the non-football injury list with a shoulder injury. McCarron will be a restricted free agent in 2018. Assuming McCarron is given the highest restricted free agent tender, which will be a minimum of $4.106 million, the Bengals would get a first-round pick if they didn’t match another team’s offer sheet for him.

Inexperienced young veteran quarterbacks since the turn of the century typically have gone for second- or third-round picks in trades. In 2007, the Texans acquired restricted free agent Matt Schaub from the Falcons in a sign-and-trade deal where they gave up two second-round picks (2007 and ‘08) and switched 2007 first-round picks. Schaub had only started two games during his three seasons in Atlanta. The Chargers traded Charlie Whitehurst to the Seahawks in 2010 for a 2011 third-round pick. A swap of 2010 second-round picks was also made with the Chargers moving from 60th to 40th. Whitehurst hadn’t thrown any regular-season passes when dealt.

Why the trade won’t happen: There isn’t any urgency for the Bengals to trade McCarron, especially to an in-state division rival. The Bengals control McCarron’s rights next year and could get a 2018 first-round pick in return with an offer sheet that isn’t matched.

Legend
Legend
I just don't see McCarron as any kind of upgrade over Kessler. Give up a 2nd round for him? Really? No thanks.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I just don't see McCarron as any kind of upgrade over Kessler. Give up a 2nd round for him? Really? No thanks.

Agreed...I would give them one of our later 5th round picks...but doubt they'd accept that...hes just nothing beyond average.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I don't like McCarron at all. I hope we don't trade for him.

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season 2017 NFL Draft Browns, Bengals and AJ McCarron

Link Copied to Clipboard