Print Thread
Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
2017 NFL Draft: Day 1 quick-snap grades for all 32 teams

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...or-all-32-teams

Cleveland Browns
Draft picks: Myles Garrett (No. 1 overall), Jabrill Peppers (No. 25 overall), David Njoku (No. 29 overall)
Day 1 grade: A
The skinny: Picking Myles Garrett as the difference-maker on defense made a world of sense. When looking at the second first-round pick, however, one has to remember that the Browns passed on Carson Wentz to grab the pick. Then, they got an excellent safety in Jabrill Peppers. He'll be a team leader for the Browns with the athleticism to handle nickel and safety. Then they moved back into the first round to land a playmaker, and they picked up a 2018 first-round pick in a trade. That's a great night for Browns fans.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: Vambo
2017 NFL Draft: Day 1 quick-snap grades for all 32 teams

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...or-all-32-teams

Cleveland Browns
Draft picks: Myles Garrett (No. 1 overall), Jabrill Peppers (No. 25 overall), David Njoku (No. 29 overall)
Day 1 grade: A
The skinny: Picking Myles Garrett as the difference-maker on defense made a world of sense. When looking at the second first-round pick, however, one has to remember that the Browns passed on Carson Wentz to grab the pick. Then, they got an excellent safety in Jabrill Peppers. He'll be a team leader for the Browns with the athleticism to handle nickel and safety. Then they moved back into the first round to land a playmaker, and they picked up a 2018 first-round pick in a trade. That's a great night for Browns fans.

[purple]No, no, no, we had an awful night, awful. [/mauve]

Sorry, just messin' - sky isn't falling in and we aren't winning anything yet. It was a good first round. First in a while, in my recall.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The trade has grown on me. Initially I was pissed, but with the all the various medical issues coming to light, it's much easier to swallow. I'm sure I'll feel a lot better about Peppers too in 2-3 years, once he's learned his position. And when (not if) they land the franchise QB, I'll be all in.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't trust these type of reports. They're no more accurate than mock drafts.

I do however agree we had a great first round which includes another first round pick next year. So far it appears to me that this FO is making progress as they go. That's all I can ask for.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
At least I didn't have to say "WHO?" last night, so it was much better than years past.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Just about everybody got an "A" except for a couple of "B+" and maybe one "C".

#gmstrong
F
All Pro
All Pro
F
I think I'd give the Bears an F

Last edited by FargoFan; 04/28/17 09:24 PM.

And the next head coach is ......
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
For day 1 I give the Browns an A. Maybe this will be the draft that turns this franchise around.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:
The oldest of the Browns first four picks (Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer) was 21.3 in their final college season. They get it.

https://twitter.com/HelloJonMoore/status/858170354711310336

Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Cleveland Browns
Grade: A-

That’s not a typo. The Browns indeed knocked this draft out of the park, starting at the top by tuning out the noise and taking this year’s best overall prospect in Texas A&M’s Myles Garrett at No. 1 overall. Critics decried their trade down from No. 12 when Clemson’s Deshaun Watson was still on the board, but they picked up an extra first-round pick in next year’s draft. The Browns ended up with two more first-round picks in this draft, adding two dynamic athletes in Michigan’s Jabrill Peppers and Miami’s David Njoku.

Their patience paid off at quarterback when they landed Notre Dame’s DeShone Kizer halfway through the second round. In the third round, the Browns added two of this year’s most underrated defenders in Charlotte’s Larry Ogunjobi and Houston’s Howard Wilson. Even into the seventh round, Cleveland got guys who can contribute immediately in North Carolina State running back Matt Dayes and the best kicker in the draft, Arizona State’s Zane Gonzalez.

Why the minus? Florida’s Caleb Brantley.

http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/04/29/nfl-draft-grades-full-analysis-of-every-teams-2017-class/8/

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season 2017 NFL Draft 2017 NFL Draft: Day 1 quick-snap grades for all 32 teams

Link Copied to Clipboard