Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
I am ALL about keeping him. Play him and pretend he could be gone at any second, I say.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
We can keep him without falling into the trap. I'm really curious on Hue's opinion of how we should handle this. IIrc, he kicked Manziel to the curb as his first order of business.

There is a big difference. Gordon showed (briefly) that he could play at this level. Manziel didn't.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: MrTed
Josh made Brandon Weeden look like he was a decent QB merely by having massive YAC #'s.

Can't imagine the guys we have are any worse than Weeden was.

I say we keep him.

Who else has a guy that good for that little money?

He also made Hoyer look like a bad QB ....

Depends on the Gordon who comes to play.... IMHO he isn't worth the risk

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: rastanplan
Josh made Brandon Weeden look like he was a decent QB merely by having massive YAC #'s.

I say we keep him.

Kinda, but not really.... I blame that on the OC that was enamored with putting a Josh Gordon who wasn't ready to play on the field and insisting that he be the first read.

I also put it on the QB that kept taking that read.

He is totally worth the risk because there IS NO RISK for us.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

There is a big difference. Gordon showed (briefly) that he could play at this level. Manziel didn't.

Manziel....the winningest Browns QB over the past two seasons!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

That's really not saying much of anything, at all.

Browns is the Browns

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

I say we keep him.

Kinda, but not really.... I blame that on the OC that was enamored with putting a Josh Gordon who wasn't ready to play on the field and insisting that he be the first read.

yea... stupid oc... prob kept gordon away from meeting and practice too.. told him to half azz it too... yep all the oc fault.

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
M
Legend
Legend
M
That's really not saying much of anything, at all.

So stand down on building a statue?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

I am tied for the second most winningest Browns QB over the last 12 months.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: pblack18707

I say we keep him.

yea... stupid oc... prob kept gordon away from meeting and practice too.. told him to half azz it too... yep all the oc fault.

lol! Exaggerate much? wink

Blame Gordon for Gordon's stuff, for sure.... but pin the other stuff where it belongs. He is absolutely at fault for not being prepared and not working hard, but it's hardly his fault that the OC and the QB kept making sure that they were throwing the damn ball his way when he wasn't showing that he could do things the right way.

Browns is the Browns

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: pblack18707

I say we keep him.

lol! Exaggerate much? wink

Blame Gordon for Gordon's stuff, for sure.... but pin the other stuff where it belongs. He is absolutely at fault for not being prepared and not working hard, but it's hardly his fault that the OC and the QB kept making sure that they were throwing the damn ball his way when he wasn't showing that he could do things the right way.

might as well blame the gm for having him on the team...

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Originally Posted By: Brownoholic
I knew Gordon would become the new hot topic. We'll have 10 epic incarnations of this discussion (a-la Garappalo) until we find out his ultimate fate this season.

LOVE IT! crazy

Just wait until he is reinstated and we can merge the topics into trading Gordon for Garappolo!

Don't give Mary Kay any new ideas ... rofl

Last edited by Halfback32; 05/02/17 03:33 PM.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Legend
Legend
If anything, I want Gordon back more just to show Pryor we don't need him. Gordon helps the offense be more of a threat.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
So, you think it is Gordon's fault that, despite not putting in the work to be ready, not running the proper route, not paying attention, that not only did he keep getting put in the game, but the ball kept coming his way? He did all that all by his lonesome??

Sure rolleyes

Browns is the Browns

C
Legend
Legend
C

I say we keep him.

Hoyer is/was a bad QB.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I hope he comes back and stays back. Get in some good games, then make the decision to keep him or see what we might get in a trade.

Makes no nevermind to me,, If he is back and can produce, great. If not, Great.

I understand. I am probably more like that, but if we can get him back, great, might as well get something out of him, be it in play or in a trade. On the other hand, if the Commish says he can never play again, I won't feel like we lost anything, since we haven't had him for 2 years.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

I say we keep him.

Hoyer is/was a bad QB.

And Gordon dogged it in games. He also has been suspended multiple times and kicked out of two colleges. But yeah, let's blame the qb and the OC. Because we know that Shanny really sucked in Atlanta. Guy has no clue.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
So, you think it is Gordon's fault that, despite not putting in the work to be ready, not running the proper route, not paying attention, that not only did he keep getting put in the game, but the ball kept coming his way? He did all that all by his lonesome??

Sure rolleyes

i think someone was texting down to the field telling hoyer and the oc to play him and feed him the ball. what you think of that?

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

I say we keep him.

Hoyer is/was a bad QB.

And Gordon dogged it in games. He also has been suspended multiple times and kicked out of two colleges. But yeah, let's blame the qb and the OC. Because we know that Shanny really sucked in Atlanta. Guy has no clue.

Gordon has brought his problems upon himself...however, I'm just curious how many more years you will bring up his COLLEGE years to try and bash him. He hasn't been in college for like 6 years.

Shanny has been very good and also has sucked since HE left college...people can change as they get older. It happens.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Try and bash him? LMAO

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Try and bash him? LMAO

College performance/antics/accomplishments are useless ONE year after you are out of school and/or especially AFTER you get that first job...LYAO all you want...it is what it is...for Gordon that was 5 years ago. FIVE.

When you interview a 26 year old for a job, do you even ask that person for their college GPA? Ahhh...NO...they either have the skills you are looking for or they don't.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
When you interview a 26 year old for a job, do you even ask that person for their college GPA? Ahhh...NO...they either have the skills you are looking for or they don't.

lol, I think I was 27 when I started with the company i'm at now. My interview was over the phone, it wasn't much of an interview I don't think, but they did say they were impressed with my GPA. Although it was grad school

EDIT: I've been with the company for like 4.5 years. Good company with solid pay, so it's not like I was applying for an internship or anything.

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 05/02/17 10:50 PM.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
V
Legend
Legend
V
Do you realize how incoherent you sound?

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

Why do you always evade the point? You'd much rather attack the messenger than the message. You have a history of doing that on this board and some people are willing to stand up to the bully.

Bash him all you want...he deserves the beating he gets. Yet what he did in college has been meaningless for quite some time now. What he's done off the field since college has been harmless yet against the rules. What he is capable of on the field is unique. You like to portray him as being some kind of monster to feed your incessant need to be seen as being 'correct'. He's a fool...he's a talent...he's not the first guy to be labeled as such.

You have a habit of only telling part of the story...you quit doing that, and I'll quit bringing it up.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I say we keep him.

Meathead coming to play? That will be the day lmao

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie

Why do you always evade the point? You'd much rather attack the messenger than the message. You have a history of doing that on this board and some people are willing to stand up to the bully.

Bash him all you want...he deserves the beating he gets. Yet what he did in college has been meaningless for quite some time now. What he's done off the field since college has been harmless yet against the rules. What he is capable of on the field is unique. You like to portray him as being some kind of monster to feed your incessant need to be seen as being 'correct'. He's a fool...he's a talent...he's not the first guy to be labeled as such.

You have a habit of only telling part of the story...you quit doing that, and I'll quit bringing it up.

What is he capable of on the field? He hasn't played in YEARS. You do know that staying in street shape is WAY different than FOOTBALL shape don't you? He had ONE really good year. ONE. Yet some of you think he's a hall of fame candidate. The SECOND you rely on him he WILL disappoint you. Hue knows that. When he took over last year he welcomed meathead with open arms. He expected him to return after his suspension. DID he? Nope, he flaked again and entered rehab. AGAIN. Why? Seems obvious he would have failed a drug test had he returned. So he bailed on the TEAM yet again. Bailed on HUE. Meathead doesn't care about football. He doesn't care about his teammates or the organization. Meathead cares about himself. Period. Now, if he can con his way back in and get PAID, then he will have the money to continue partying which is what he really cares about. He has proven this over and over and over again. Yet every year I see posts about how GREAT he's going to be when he returns. Like that is a certainty. *snicker* Even if he got his stuff together and conned his way back onto the team it would be a minor miracle if he EVER got back in football shape. He hasn't played in forever. He's been suspended longer than he played. But keep dreaming about his glorious return and how he will save the Browns.... lmao

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't know, I look at what happened with Michael Irvin and shake my head. What if Dallas had given up on him after his felony cocaine conviction? How did that only get him a 5 game suspension? Then the McIver incident? That stuff makes Gordon look like a choir boy.

He had some drinks on a plane after the Browns' season was over and likes/liked to smoke pot. Why the league selectively enforces this makes no sense to me. It smacks of a BS PR move. "It's the Browns. People enjoy bashing them. We can look tough, while not really ruffling too many fans feathers."

Get punished for something you know a ton of other players are doing without repercussion, and see how motivated you are.

Bleh, I was hoping things would be quiet on this front until the league made a decision. The whole situation aggravates me. Joe Mixon gets drafted, but Gordon can't play?

Last edited by GrimmBrown; 05/03/17 07:08 AM.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

Why do you always evade the point?

Wait! What?

I thought you were the one who wants to evade the information during his college years.

The guy has missed more time than he has played. Your crap is biased and old.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree with Willie in that what one did in college is meaningless, but that pertains to stats, not behavior. Unfortunatly, his behavior pattern now, at least to this point, is/was the same as it was while in college.

That said, at this point I would try to salvage something out of the situation. If he is not on our team, some other team is going to sign him. With that in mind, at minimum I would try to work a trade for a pick next year if in fact we don't decide to keep him with the Browns.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Good post.

Just to clarify. I am not saying the Browns should cut him or even trade him.

My original point was that I don't think blaming Shanny or Hoyer for Gordon's issues is correct. I think Josh Gordon's issues both on and off the field are of his own making and blaming others isn't going to change anything.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie

What is he capable of on the field? He hasn't played in YEARS. You do know that staying in street shape is WAY different than FOOTBALL shape don't you? He had ONE really good year. ONE. Yet some of you think he's a hall of fame candidate. The SECOND you rely on him he WILL disappoint you. Hue knows that. When he took over last year he welcomed meathead with open arms. He expected him to return after his suspension. DID he? Nope, he flaked again and entered rehab. AGAIN. Why? Seems obvious he would have failed a drug test had he returned. So he bailed on the TEAM yet again. Bailed on HUE. Meathead doesn't care about football. He doesn't care about his teammates or the organization. Meathead cares about himself. Period. Now, if he can con his way back in and get PAID, then he will have the money to continue partying which is what he really cares about. He has proven this over and over and over again. Yet every year I see posts about how GREAT he's going to be when he returns. Like that is a certainty. *snicker* Even if he got his stuff together and conned his way back onto the team it would be a minor miracle if he EVER got back in football shape. He hasn't played in forever. He's been suspended longer than he played. But keep dreaming about his glorious return and how he will save the Browns.... lmao

Most of what you said there may very well be accurate.

I only have two things to respond-to and they are both bolded above:

#1: We both used the word capable. Nether of us said, can/will/likely...just capable. He IS capable...seems we both agree.

#2: Dreaming of his glorious return? I do not see ONE single poster on the board who is even remotely counting on Gordon for anything.

It's been said a million times on this board. He costs us nothing...if he comes back then fine...but don't count on it. With that in mind, what he did in the past is meaningless. He either turns it around or he doesn't...that's all on him. Rehashing what he's done in the past is only meaningful for someone who doesn't already know the situation...or his past.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I didn't think you were. I didn't go back and read all the posts, especially about who's blaming who.

It's all on Josh. He is the one who decides if he will play in the NFL or forever be placed on some suspended list.

I think Josh is basically a good kid. He is just a weak minded nimrod who needs a lot of strong guidance and support. Up to this point he seems to attract the low hanging fruit and allows them to be his guiding light.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Is there a date or time window stating when his status is upgraded (even if denied)? Has the NFL indicated where he is? I think the league does us wrong if we aren't aware of his status as we shape rosters. If he comes back, can it include games off or an option for performance requirement. With NFL being judge and jury, the club's are owed some timely decisions IMO. Just seems wrong to me.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Is there a date or time window stating when his status is upgraded (even if denied)? Has the NFL indicated where he is? I think the league does us wrong if we aren't aware of his status as we shape rosters. If he comes back, can it include games off or an option for performance requirement. With NFL being judge and jury, the club's are owed some timely decisions IMO. Just seems wrong to me.

I have no idea...to my knowledge, there is no timeline or protocol or any such thing.

I am disgusted however that the commish appears to be using Gordon as an example for others while looking the other way on similar or dissimilar-but-worse transgressions of others.

There is more info on the situation than we will ever know...so mabye the treatment is warranted. It sure seems like the issue should have been addressed by now.

Legend
Legend
Good post.

My original point was that I don't think blaming Shanny or Hoyer for Gordon's issues is correct. I think Josh Gordon's issues both on and off the field are of his own making and blaming others isn't going to change anything.

If anyone cares to pay attention to what I actually wrote that started this, I clearly state to assign Gordon's faults to Gordon, but at the same time, not everything from that season when he came back is his fault (on the field in games).

Absolutely crucify Gordon for his failures, but at the same time, assign blame where it belongs when it comes to Hoyer/Shanny for constantly going back to the kid that wasn't ready to play.
It isn't an either-or scenario - there is blame to go around on all counts.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Good post.

If anyone cares to pay attention to what I actually wrote that started this, I clearly state to assign Gordon's faults to Gordon, but at the same time, not everything from that season when he came back is his fault (on the field in games).

Absolutely crucify Gordon for his failures, but at the same time, assign blame where it belongs when it comes to Hoyer/Shanny for constantly going back to the kid that wasn't ready to play.
It isn't an either-or scenario - there is blame to go around on all counts.

LOL Sometimes, it's like talking to air rofl

I understood your meaning Purp thumbsup

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
'tis life on the internet, lol

Browns is the Browns

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

LOL Sometimes, it's like talking to air

Legend
Legend
'tis life on the internet, lol

LOL Yup..

Good Visual Vers..... thumbsup

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Since they took over, Sashi and Hue have said that they want players who love football above all else.

I think that we can all agree that this is not Josh Gordon.

He loves the lifestyle football can give him. He love partying. He definitely loves those things far more than he loves football.

Honestly, I see no way that he comes back to this team for anything more than an attempt to trade him. (when/if he is ever reinstated)

People continue to say that what he did wasn't "that bad", and I would agree with them, except that he has done it continually, and has shown what his priorities in life are. (hint: His priority is not football)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Josh Gordon News, Continued....

Link Copied to Clipboard