Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
well, bring on the C's

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
i dont care who it is i just want their seris to go 7

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

#gmstrong
jaybird Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: nordawg
i dont care who it is i just want their seris to go 7

Yep... Hoping someone can slow down the Warriors too...

<><

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Where's lead and all his talk about the Cavs are trash?

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Where's lead and all his talk about the Cavs are trash?

I thought you didn't like calling people out?

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c....

Well done. Swept the obviously intimidated Raptors as they should have.

One more snoozer series to go and the playoffs can finally begin against the Warriors.

Go Cavs!

V
Legend
Legend
V
I think both Washington and Boston could give us a tussle. I don't think either would be a "snoozer."

Washington is really athletic and they push the ball. Our defense has been much better, but we still have some transition issues.

Boston is very physical and the dirtiest team in the league. They are going to hack the crap out of us.

I think we win against either, but I hope their series goes 7 and continues to be so physical and contentious just so the winner is worn out.

About the Cavs, though. They are really playing well. Their half court defense is so much better than it was in the regular season. LeBron is on a mission. We have shooters to stretch the floor. The additions of Williams and Korver are huge. I like our chances.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I think both Washington and Boston could give us a tussle. I don't think either would be a "snoozer."

I think the Cavs sweep Boston and Washington may win a game. Either way, neither team has even a remote chance of winning the series, that's why I say, "snoozer." Very anticlimactic. There is no challenge for the Cavs in the East.

I've been saying since the beginning of the regular season, I wish we could just fast forward to the Finals against the Warriors ( I feel bad in a way, taking this all for granted, but the reality seems obvious).

C
Legend
Legend
C
So, if Lowry doesn't re-sign with the Raptors they are totally screwed right?

V
Legend
Legend
V
Some say: "Trust the process."

In this case, I say: "Enjoy the process."

V
Legend
Legend
V
They probably have to keep Lowrey. They got 2 or 3 other guys that they have to sign. The big question for me is what they do w/Ibaka.

C
Legend
Legend
C
They probably have to keep Lowrey. They got 2 or 3 other guys that they have to sign. The big question for me is what they do w/Ibaka.

If they re-sign Lowry to the max, I believe it is five years, $200 million. Lowry is 31. Oof.

If I were them I'd let Ibaka walk and re-sign P.J. Tucker to a lesser contract. Even with doing that they be well over the tax.

I bet Lowry walks and they blow it up.

M
Legend
Legend
M
They may as well blow it up. They have spent the past few years trying to figure out how to beat the Cavs.....LeBron. They can't. And won't.

Tough pill to swallow, but starting over may be the prudent route.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
They may as well blow it up. They have spent the past few years trying to figure out how to beat the Cavs.....LeBron. They can't. And won't.

If they bring the core guy(s) back they can at least hope for an injury. That's been the Clippers plan for the last several years.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

If they bring the core guy(s) back they can at least hope for an injury. That's been the Clippers plan for the last several years.

The injury they get though is usually their own. tongue

D
Legend
Legend
D
Two sweeps! I love it. They gave max effort too.

Legend
Legend
Some say: "Trust the process."

In this case, I say: "Enjoy the process."

Amen!
As BROWNS fans, you'd think we'd be less prone to taking any portion of the process for granted.

Savor this folks... as much as it feels like foregone conclusions, savor it. This is rare.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Yep! Last year, I was ripping the Cavs for firing Blatt and their defense. Then, they won the title and shut my big mouth up.

This year..........I'm just enjoying the ride. We are champs until someone beats us and that hasn't happened yet. It's cool to root for a team that is good. grin

Legend
Legend
I am a basketball fanatic ... and know way more about the game than I do football. I'd like to think I'm knowledgeable and watch quite a bit of every level.

I must admit, this is the best LeBron James has ever played. He's at his bst right now.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
All Pro
All Pro

That's actually a great point. If they blow it up now, they may be ready to contend when Lebron is actually done...9-10 years down the road (the way he looks right now).

Last in, first out, the sign of a true champion!
[Linked Image from i301.photobucket.com]
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Other than cap space, (I don't know what their situation is) why blow it up if you're making the play offs on a regular basis?

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: MrTed
Other than cap space, (I don't know what their situation is) why blow it up if you're making the play offs on a regular basis?

Is the goal to make the playoffs or win a championship?

Some teams are content with just making the playoffs ever year (the pre-Budenholzer Hawks come to mind), but having no chance at winning anything significant.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Man, Boston is such a dirty team.

I worry about them hurting one of main guys should we play them.

Legend
Legend
hmm...either one of these teams might get swept.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
GO CELTICS smile

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M

Ya mean like they did two years ago when Olynek tried to pull Kevin Love's arm off?

my two cents...
Legend
Legend

Ya mean like they did two years ago when Olynek tried to pull Kevin Love's arm off?

bro......that was so freaking dirty. i swear if love plays in the finals we win that title.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: Swish

bro......that was so freaking dirty. i swear if love plays in the finals we win that title.

I was convinced that if we had Love but lost Kyrie, we win in 5-6 games. If we had both, I would've expected us to sweep them.

Then last year we did have all three, and we did win. Tough to do, but...!

my two cents...
Legend
Legend

I was convinced that if we had Love but lost Kyrie, we win in 5-6 games. If we had both, I would've expected us to sweep them.

Which is why all this GS "dynasty" talk annoys the crap out of me.

Beat a team missing two of its top 3.

Lose to that team in full strength.

Sign former league MVP.

That is not a dynasty.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy

Which is why all this GS "dynasty" talk annoys the crap out of me.

Beat a team missing two of its top 3.

Lose to that team in full strength.

Sign former league MVP.

That is not a dynasty.

Not to mention they were the finals losers last year. brownie

No Craps Given
V
Legend
Legend
V
That's why I really hope we beat them again.

I am reluctant to add this...........and I am not trying to tell people what to think........but, it's kinda been bugging me.

There has almost been no talk of how well the Cavs are doing in the playoffs. A couple of honest posters like Milk says it's all about the Finals.

Yet, during the regular season, there were a ton of negative posts about the Cavs. Their D sucked [which was true...LOL], Lue was trash, the rotations sucked, they were old, blah, blah, blah.

Now, they are undefeated in the playoffs and they aren't getting any love. That's weird to me.

I really hope that this season isn't all about winning another championship. Yes, that is the goal and I hope we do. However, I think enjoying the ride is important and trashing the team if we don't win it all is pretty lame. I guess that is kinda calling people out and I'm sorry. Not trying to be mean.

I guess I'm just saying that maybe it's a good idea to enjoy the process. Y'all dig that?

Legend
Legend
i think people were very critical of the cavs during the regular season because of the lackadaisy attitude our team played with.

now obviously, this playoff run confirms that the regular season truly does mean absolutely nothing when it comes to the Cavs, because we actually do have a switch that we can turn on and off whenever we choose.

but i understand the panic. i mean - and this is just my opinion - but this whole offseason/regular season was nothing but an Arms race between us and the warriors. we added so much depth, they added another MVP, arguably the 2nd best player in the league behind lebron.

there's a very solid chance that that both teams could end up sweeping their way into the finals. This could easily be the most talented teams to ever battle in the Finals. straight up Clash of the Titans. if we win this title against the talent level of the this year's warriors team......i dunno man, this could be the team everybody talks about for decades.

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
Pretty much agree with everything Swish said.

No Craps Given
V
Legend
Legend
V
Nice post, little bro and I agree w/all you say.

My only point was this: Enjoy the ride and don't take stuff for granted.

W
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
W
LOL Honestly last season reading the Cavs threads through the year I would have thought we were the number 8 seed by the time the playoffs came around. Some people are brutal and in no way saying it isn't always warranted but if you were just passing through the board randomly reading, the feel seemed rather negative. I had to check the standings occasionally to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Some of the criticisms were valid. The argument that they're just coasting to the playoffs doesn't really jive with how many minutes Lebron was playing.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Some of the criticisms were valid. The argument that they're just coasting to the playoffs doesn't really jive with how many minutes Lebron was playing.

Yes, they were valid. However, shouldn't they be getting more love and appreciation now?

P
Legend
Legend
P
I have been a Celtics fan all my life, back to Bill Russell, Jo Jo White, John Havlechek etc..., and I hope they win Championship #18 this year, but I understand that the road to that title begins and most likely ends with the Cavs (if we get by Washington), Don't get me wrong if Boston beats the Cavs it would be a major major upset and if we lose to Cleveland I will root for the Cavs to win back to back titles because I love the city of Cleveland, because the Browns are my favorite team in any sport, the only team I would root for over the Indians in baseball is my SF Giants but it's not looking good so far in 2017, so for now GO CELTICSsmile

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
O
Legend
Legend
O
100%, yes. I think they are getting more love.

What I'm guessing you're looking for are people coming out and saying, "wow, I guess this team wasn't the dumpster fire I said it was earlier in the year".

I doubt you're going to get much of that, but that's a totally different story... know what I mean? :-p

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

Maybe not, but the amount of games that he was rested down the stretch with the top seed on the line could argue the other way.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum NBA playoffs/Cavs

Link Copied to Clipboard