Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Legend
Legend
I could live with mike pence for the simple fact that he isn't a Russian puppet.

Hopefully, anyway.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Originally Posted By: mac

Comey was getting closer to the truth about Trumps ties to Russia that likely include activity that is not legal in the USA, but a common occurrence in communist Russia, under Putin.
...Comey's investigation, if allowed to continue, would include questionable business practices tied to Russia..businesses that might have ties to Trump's own family.

...on the other side of the coin, Comey's investigation could expose Putin's/Russian business practices. We know how Putin takes care of business that threatens his empire.

If Trump was going to "survive", he had no choice but to fire Comey. Comey was on the right trail that would expose Trump, his family members and his good buddy, Putin/Russia. Any way you flip that coin, it comes up with only one solution if Trump is going to survive. Comey had to go...

Comey was onto Trumps Russian activity and if exposed, Trumps world would collapse..along with his family..and we know what happens to those who become a problem for Putin.

So, to everyone: Let's say what mac posted is true. (I only quoted you, mac, because you put it all fairly concisely).

So, if Comey was "too close" to the truth, Trump "had" to fire him?

Like, "phew. Now that I fired him, I'm save"?

There's more than 1 person that works for the fbi. In fact, I would guess hundreds of agents were working on this.

That information doesn't go away simply because Comey was fired. And further, the new director of the fbi would be able to question comey anyway. Plus, all the other agents involved.

What am I missing?

arch..who do you think appoints the next head of the FBI?

I'm sure someone else has already pointed out the obvious for me..I have not read all posts yet..Comey was one of the few key department heads that IS NOT a Trump crony (as say Jeff Sessions for example).

Now Trump can a appoint someone beholding to him that make this investigation disappear completely.

The stakes for Trump, as I pointed out, could not be higher. On one hand, we are talking about members of his own family involved and at risk of going to jail, if convicted...on the other hand, Trumps best buddy, Putin is not going to want his secretes exposed by someone like Comey.

...everyone knows how Putin takes care of such issues and you don't have be in Russia..Putin has them killed.

Trump is looking like a desperate man, willing to do anything to survive.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
Putin would be pleased with the level of dedication his comrades have displayed on this message board.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
I could live with mike pence for the simple fact that he isn't a Russian puppet.

Hopefully, anyway.

If that's the only upside you can find for Pence, we are in deep DoDo if Trumps is pushed out.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H

Hopefully, anyway.

Your "Russian puppet" ordered the launch of 59 Tomahawk cruise missiles at a Syrian airbase that housed Russian personnel and equipment, but don't let facts get in the way of good rhetoric.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Haus

Hopefully, anyway.

Your "Russian puppet" ordered the launch of 59 Tomahawk cruise missiles at a Syrian airbase that housed Russian personnel and equipment, but don't let facts get in the way of good rhetoric.

He also gave Russia a heads up that he was attacking the base prior to launching the attack that ended up killing civilians, that way they can get their personnel and equipment out of the area.

Yea, my facts trump your useless post.

Every

Single

Time.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Oh so starting World War Three by killing Russians would have appeased you. rolleyes

What you spew are not facts.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Oh so starting World War Three by killing Russians would have appeased you. rolleyes

What I post is a fact.

Haus tried to deceive the board by implying that trump couldn't be a puppet because he launched a strike against a base that had Russian troops there.

When the facts are that trump gave Putin a heads up that he was attacking that base.

That is exactly what a puppet would do.

What's even more sad is that the strike did absolutely jack crap, as the base was operational within hours.

So either trump is a puppet or he's highly incompetent in sending an effective message.

Either way, it's a lose/lose.

You're inability to put this in context is not surprising, as you're pretty gullible and complacent to the world around you. You and others have demonstrated this repeatedly.

- Theodore Roosevelt
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H

Hopefully, anyway.

He also gave Russia a heads up that he was attacking the base prior to launching the attack that ended up killing civilians, that way they can get their personnel and equipment out of the area.

Yea, my facts trump your useless post.

Every

Single

Time.

You rarely bring facts to the table but there is something that I can't keep up with you on and that is your sheer volume of your posting.

Beyond that, read what 40 said. Actually I'll expand on that. Read into some military theory; war games between sides representing U.S. and Russian conventional forces are said to nearly always escalate to nuclear within a short time. With over ten thousand nukes between the two countries, that's some scary ****. So yeah, I'd say that was a good call to let those Russian soldiers get out of there. That is just common sense, given the potential stakes.

Last edited by Haus; 05/11/17 06:57 PM. Reason: clarity
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H

What I post is a fact.

Haus tried to deceive the board by implying that trump couldn't be a puppet because he launched a strike against a base that had Russian troops there.

When the facts are that trump gave Putin a heads up that he was attacking that base.

That is exactly what a puppet would do.

What's even more sad is that the strike did absolutely jack crap, as the base was operational within hours.

So either trump is a puppet or he's highly incompetent in sending an effective message.

Either way, it's a lose/lose.

You're inability to put this in context is not surprising, as you're pretty gullible and complacent to the world around you. You and others have demonstrated this repeatedly.

I'll tell you what, when you can actually provide real evidence that Trump is a "Russian puppet" and you're not just regurgitating media/liberal groupthink, we'll talk. Even a couple Democratic members of Congress have recently admitted that they have no evidence of Trump-Russian collusion. As I said in one of these threads, maybe we'll find out more sometime in 2018. rolleyes

Legend
Legend
Please don't think you can educate me on anything remotely related to military.

If Russia doesn't move their troops, Trump wouldn't go through with the attack.

Your inability to wrap your head around that isn't surprising, as most other things.

You guys honestly thinking that trump would follow through with the attack if they don't move their troops is further proof as to why you can't be taken seriously on any of these topics.

- Theodore Roosevelt
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H

Your inability to wrap your head around that isn't surprising, as most other things.

You guys honestly thinking that trump would follow through with the attack if they don't move their troops is further proof as to why you can't be taken seriously on any of these topics.

You obviously didn't grasp the overall concept that launched a cruise missile attack against a Russian ally, that Russia is spending a great deal of resources to fight alongside with, including at the very airbase we attacked!

Sure, we gave them advance warning to get their people out of there, but again, that is common sense (and an act of good faith), given the stakes. I believe that any U.S. President would have done the same thing in regards to informing the Russians of an incoming strike. It has nothing to do with being a puppet.

Last edited by Haus; 05/11/17 07:13 PM.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I doubt that any other President would launch such a pitiful attack that the base was fixed in less than a day.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
I doubt that any other President would launch such a pitiful attack that the base was fixed in less than a day.

The thing about this is that we the public are not really privy to what actually happened. What was damaged? Putting craters in concrete is a waste of expensive cruise missiles but planes and other military equipment are far more valuable.

Legend
Legend

You obviously didn't grasp the overall concept that launched a cruise missile attack against a Russian ally, that Russia is spending a great deal of resources to fight alongside with, including at the very airbase we attacked!

Sure, we gave them advance warning to get their people out of there, but again, that is common sense (and an act of good faith), given the stakes. I believe that any U.S. President would have done the same thing in regards to informing the Russians of an incoming strike. It has nothing to do with being a puppet.

We've been in Syria for a while now. Launching an attack against a Russian ally is not the same as launching an attack against Russia.

This isn't a NATO style alliance between them. Seriously, stop talking about concepts when you can't grasp the basics.

Bro all you're doing is proving that in a strategy game, you'd be the last player chosen. You need to to stop being short sighted and look at the big picture.

What did that strike accomplish? Optics. The base wasn't destroyed, we killed civilians, and the Russians was warmed prior to a strike that WOULDNT have happened if the Russians stayed.

For the attack to been effective deferment, the entire base should've been wiped out.

A couple of missles that didn't even make the base inoperable for half a day doesn't cut this idea that trump isn't a Russian puppet.

But trump and Putin rely on blind loyalist like yourself to believe anything that comes out of their mouths.

Apparently, it's working.

Last edited by Swish; 05/11/17 07:27 PM.

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
I'll tell you what, when you can actually provide real evidence that Trump is a "Russian puppet" and you're not just regurgitating media/liberal groupthink, we'll talk.

The day after Trump fires the man in charge of the Trump/Russian connections, Comey, Trump has a private meeting with a couple of Russians...one who is considered a "Russian spy" by US Intelligence services... with only the Russian media allowed to report on the meeting and take pictures...Trump barred the US media.

Folks, you tell me, does Trump look like Putin's lap dog (aka Russian puppet)? You think the Russian people are smiling about now?

Latest video describing the Trump/Russian meeting

...Trump had no clue how badly he was being played by the Russians.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H

We've been in Syria for a while now. Launching an attack against a Russian ally is not the same as launching an attack against Russia.

This isn't a NATO style alliance between them. Seriously, stop talking about concepts when you can't grasp the basics.

Bro all you're doing is proving that in a strategy game, you'd be the last player chosen. You need to to stop being short sighted and look at the big picture.

What did that strike accomplish? Optics. The base wasn't destroyed, we killed civilians, and the Russians was warmed prior to a strike that WOULDNT have happened if the Russians stayed.

If I lack strategy, then you lack basic reading comprehension. I did not argue one way or the other about the usefulness or efficacy of the strikes, did I? I don't really have a strong opinion either way on them. I just find the "Russian puppet" stuff to be comical, given that Trump has done *nothing* for Russia except bomb one of their closest allies. Some puppet.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
When you're already in a conflict, weakening blows is certainly a puppet like thing.

Legend
Legend
You're the one who decided to argue about the strikes against a base as proof that trump isn't a Russian puppet.

I'm simply correcting you. It has nothing to do with reading comprehension and everything to do with your lack of strategy and situational awareness, which is why I broke down the strategy and usefulness behind the strikes.

Trump has done a lot for Russia. We've already seen trump put people with strong ties to the Kremlin in powerful positions here in DC. There's a reason Putin preferred trump over Clinton.

Keep up.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
But keeping thinking it's only liberals concerned with the connection to Russia

GOP Sen. Rounds: Comey firing has ‘clearly’ drawn attention to Russia probe

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-sen-round...-184122460.html

Sen. Mike Rounds, R-S.D., said Thursday that if President Trump had, in fact, fired FBI Director James Comey in an effort to impede the investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 election, the plan has certainly backfired.

In an interview with Yahoo News and Finance Anchor Bianna Golodryga, Rounds said that between the questionable timing of Comey’s firing and Trump’s bizarre reference to the Russia investigation in his termination letter, “this clearly has done nothing but draw attention to it.”

Rounds was among the Republicans in Congress who raised questions about the timing of Comey’s termination Tuesday, but he dismissed calls by many Democrats to appoint an independent prosecutor or independent commission to take over the Russia investigation, insisting that the Senate intelligence committee is capable of “getting to the bottom of it.”

“Right now things are moving the way we hoped they would,” he said.

Rounds spoke to Golodryga shortly after Senate intelligence committee members heard from acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe. Contrary to White House claims that FBI agents had lost faith in their former leader, McCabe stated Thursday that he has “the highest respect for [Comey’s] considerable abilities and his integrity,” and that the ousted director enjoyed “broad support within the FBI and still does to this day.”

Asked whether such comments could cost McCabe his current post, given reports that Trump’s frustration over Comey’s recent Russia testimony had contributed to his firing, Rounds said he’d be “very surprised” if Trump were to replace the new acting FBI chief. (Yahoo News reported Wednesday that the Justice Department was already interviewing candidates to be the new “interim” director.)

However, he admitted, if “dramatic changes like that did occur, there’s a lot of us that would reconsider exactly what is going on.”

The White House’s official reason for firing Comey was how he handled the probe of Hillary Clinton’s email server during the campaign. In his letter firing Comey, Trump thanked him for telling him that he was not under investigation, though it’s not known whether Comey ever did so. The reference was to the FBI’s probe into Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election and whether any Trump associates were involved in the effort.

Read more from Yahoo News:

President Trump stuns with abrupt dismissal of FBI Director James Comey
Timing of FBI Director James Comey’s firing raises the question: Why now?
Kellyanne Conway spars with Anderson Cooper over Trump’s firing of Comey
Toobin tears into Trump’s firing of Comey: ‘A grotesque abuse of power’
Commentators mostly agree: Firing Comey was positively Nixonian
Democrats appeal to Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein to appoint special prosecutor
Reactions to Trump’s firing of Comey
Photos: London’s dark river and its secrets

- Theodore Roosevelt
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
We've been hearing the same stuff for months. Things are always heating up, the story is about to break open any day now, Trump is going to be impeached, he's a traitor, blah blah blah.

Nothing ever comes. There's never any real evidence, but always enough politically motivated witch hunts to say such and such committee or Congressman says we need to look into this "Russian" connection more.

I'll tell you what. Let's see how this plays out. If no hard evidence comes within one year of the original accusation, then you have to say that I was right all along. Actually, since one year is fast approaching, let's extend that until the end of summer. Those extra four months will make it 14-15 months total. If you can't articulate exactly what he did wrong, and provide rock solid evidence by then, you have to say that I was right.

The flip side to this is that if there is very strong evidence of some grand, major collusion between Trump and Russia, then I will say that I was wrong all along. Cool?

Legend
Legend
Why can't the timeline be whenever the investigation is finished?

Why do you keep talking about evidence? The (former) FBI director already stated that the Feds do not trickle down evidence as an investigation goes on. They release the evidence once the investigation is done.

So you keep saying "me" as if I'm the one currently running the investigation.

I've already stated that if it's not true then I have to apologize and eat crow, so I don't need your permission to do something I already planned on doing from the jump.

However, I have a odd feeling that you would go ghost if this stuff is indeed true.

So sure, we can make that friendly deal. Just know that I don't expect you to honor it.

- Theodore Roosevelt
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Back on topic:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/862460991451344896 (This tweet contains a video of Democrats and media slamming Comey and saying he should be fired. Now that Trump actually fired him, they complain about it! For the record, I had no major complaints about how Comey handled the email/private server issue, but both sides seemed to think they got shorted, so it is what it is.)

More select tweets from our President:

- Dems have been complaining for months & months about Dir. Comey. Now that he has been fired they PRETEND to be aggrieved. Phony hypocrites!

- Russia must be laughing up their sleeves watching as the U.S. tears itself apart over a Democrat EXCUSE for losing the election.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Just because they wanted Comey to be fired at one point doesn't mean they currently want him to be fired. Not sure what's hard to understand about that.

Legend
Legend
You saw your boys tweets trying to slander Yates before she testified?

If he ain't guilty, he certainly acts like it.

- Theodore Roosevelt
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Why can't the timeline be whenever the investigation is finished?

Why do you keep talking about evidence? The (former) FBI director already stated that the Feds do not trickle down evidence as an investigation goes on. They release the evidence once the investigation is done.

So you keep saying "me" as if I'm the one currently running the investigation.

I've already stated that if it's not true then I have to apologize and eat crow, so I don't need your permission to do something I already planned on doing from the jump.

However, I have a odd feeling that you would go ghost if this stuff is indeed true.

So sure, we can make that friendly deal. Just know that I don't expect you to honor it.

That doesn't sound like a very friendly deal to me!

I've been saying there is nothing to this collusion thing now for months. Friendly deal or not, if the liberals miraculously turn out to be right about this collusion thing, I'm going to hear about it regardless.

If I'm wrong then I'll say that I was wrong and move on. I'm not too worried about it -- not the part about about being wrong in the first place, I don't think that will happen, or the part about admitting error if it were to come to that.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Republicans wanted Benghazi to be dragged out for 3 years, but want the Russian thing to be tied up in the first three interviews.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
If people would just think with their heads instead of their emotions they would realize if anything was found connecting President Trump and the Russians, it would have been leaked immediately.

Nothing to see here. Moving on.

I agree 40. I hope Trump selects Trey Gowdy as the FBI Director and he reopens the Hillary case. If the Dems are so obsessed with Russia lets see what an investigation into the uranium deal brings up. Also Obama and Eric Holders Fast and Furious scandal, solyndra scandal. So many cases of real corruption.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Trump asked James Comey to pledge his loyalty to him

May 11, 2017, 11:40 PM
link

Soon after he was inaugurated, President Trump asked FBI Director James Comey to pledge his loyalty to him, a request that Comey turned down, CBS News' Pat Milton confirmed Thursday, citing a law enforcement source who was told the story by Comey.

Comey felt that conversation, which occurred in January, shortly after Mr. Trump was inaugurated, was the beginning of his downfall, according to the New York Times, which first reported the story.

In January, Mr. Trump invited Comey to have dinner with him at the White House, and in the course of their conversation, the president asked Comey if he would pledge his loyalty to him. The FBI director declined, but he replied to the president that he would always be honest.

Again during their dinner, Mr. Trump told Comey he needed his loyalty. And again, Comey responded that he would be honest, according to the source. Mr. Trump pressed Comey on whether it would be "honest loyalty." Comey said that he responded, "Yes, you will have that." He meant, said the source, that he would always be honest with the president.

The Times reported that Comey was wary of accepting Mr. Trump's dinner invitation because he wished to avoid seeming too "chummy" with him, especially because of the ongoing Russia probe. He decided to go because he didn't think he could turn down the new president.

In an interview with NBC News, President Trump mentioned the White House dinner with Comey, but he cited the dinner as one of three occasions when Comey had told him "you are not under investigation." Mr. Trump told NBC News' Lester Holt that Comey wanted to make a pitch to keep his job.

"I think he asked for the dinner, and he wanted to stay on as the FBI head," the president told Holt. "And I said I'll, you know, consider and we'll see what happens."

The White House has not commented on the story to CBS News, although Deputy Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders told the Times, "We don't believe this to be an accurate account," adding, "The integrity of our law enforcement agencies and their leadership is of the utmost importance to President Trump. He would never even suggest the expectation of personal loyalty, only loyalty to our country and its great people."

Earlier Thursday, during the White House briefing Thursday, asked how important loyalty to the president is for the person serving as FBI director, Sanders said that "the main factor" is that "they're loyal to the justice system; they're loyal to the American people."

Legend
Legend

Hopefully, anyway.

you want facts.. Ok,, Trump called the Russians to tell them he was going to attack an airbase in Syria. Then he had 59 Tomahawks fired at the base, 9 people were killed on the ground and a day later, Jets were taking off from that base again. 59 Tomahawks did so little damage that the base was up and running again within 24 hours.

All the time this was going on, he was at Mar A Lago, Eating the biggest, most beautiful piece of Chocolate Cake in the world with the Chinese Leader while discussing world issues out in the open so that any decent shotgun microphone could have picked up the details of the conversation from a thousand feet away.

If you don't think that was a "Slight of hand" type of move to distract his followers from something else, I just don't know what the hell to say to you.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
WOW...Trump just publicly threatened Comey on twitter...

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
@realDonaldTrump

James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!

link

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: mac
WOW...Trump just publicly threatened Comey on twitter...

@realDonaldTrump

James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!

link

Supporters will say we don't understand him!

I think he's worried that there is a recording of the Phone conversations or even the dinner conversation, and that it will be in direct conflict to what he told Lester Holt yesterday.

The problem with Trump is he's used to doing deals and they are kept secret because usually neither side wants the details revealed.

As President, virtually everything that isn't "TOP SECRET" eventually gets out. Even some of the "TOP SECRET" stuff comes out.

He hasn't figure out that every President in the modern era is under a microscope and with the advancements in technology coming along at a crazy fast pace, it's only going to get harder for him.

But this is stupid. This is Twitter, his words for the world to see.

Threaten a former Director of the FBI? Sounds to me like he's afraid of what might come out.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Quote:
I'll tell you what, when you can actually provide real evidence

Nationa; televised evidence of your boy pleading with Russia to hack U.S computers with mighty rewards promised.

“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” Mr. Trump said during a news conference here in an apparent reference to Mrs. Clinton’s deleted emails. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily"

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Oh boy oh boy...White House Tapes again. Release the tapes! WGII ...Enjoy the show boys and girls, it's not going to end well for someone.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Quote:
"This is Twitter, his words for the world to see"

Twitter can ban him for threatening another person.

– Jackie Robinson
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Who said there were tapes?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: bg819

Trump tweeted to Comey that there better not be "Tapes" of our conversations.

So, nobody brought it up to my knowledge before Trump in the tweet this morning.. Look a little further up on this thread and I think Mac has the exact tweet...

I decided to be nice and get the quote:
Quote:

@realDonaldTrump

Me thinks he's afraid..

Last edited by Damanshot; 05/12/17 11:10 AM.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Ouch... Someone thought if he fired "Columbo" everybody would be ok with it and this Russian stuff would all go away.

– Jackie Robinson
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

So, nobody brought it up to my knowledge before Trump in the tweet this morning.. Look a little further up on this thread and I think Mac has the exact tweet...

Quote:

@realDonaldTrump

Me thinks he's afraid..

I did see that. I was just responding to this post:

Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Oh boy oh boy...White House Tapes again. Release the tapes! WGII ...Enjoy the show boys and girls, it's not going to end well for someone.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

Quote:

@realDonaldTrump

Me thinks he's afraid..

I did see that. I was just responding to this post:

Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral

My Post...What do you want from me? Trump implied there are tapes. WGII

– Jackie Robinson
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus James Comey fired as FBI director

Link Copied to Clipboard