Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
#1280231 06/08/17 08:31 AM
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Last night's game was one of the toughest games I had to watch in a long time. I was too emotionally invested in that game and it hurt.

It was a good game and the Cavs fought hard. I think assigning blame to a team that has reached the Finals for three straight years is wrong. Instead, I believe that GS is just an excellent team and I have to give them credit.

I hope the Cavs continue to fight hard and refuse to surrender.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I don't think the Cavs believe they can win. If that's the case, I don't see good things for them in game 4.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Legend
Legend
TT:

Game 1: 0 points, 4 rebounds
Game 2: 8 points, 4 rebounds
Game 3: 0 points, 3 rebounds

McGee:

Game 1: 4 points, 4 rebounds
Game 2: 2 points, 3 rebounds
Game3: 1 point, 1 rebound

So TT barely outplayed a guy who doesn't even start.

Not worth his contract.

Don't get me started on JR.

I hope we continue fighting hard, seeep or not I'm proud of this team. That being said, its time we start thinking about who can get swapped out, and how.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
LOL...........didn't take long for the blame game to begin.

Legend
Legend
Do you even realize how much "average" NBA players got paid this past off season?

That TT contract was a steal.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
Do you even realize how much "average" NBA players got paid this past off season?

That TT contract was a steal.

Yea, he definitely stole money, I agree.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Why are purposely taking this thread down the road that asked you guys not to go down?

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
People deal with disappointment in different ways. Let people vent. At least they're not attsckijgnyou. Everyone remains entitled to their own opinion.

I felt we screwed up the last 2 minutes by failing to continue to attack the rim. We were in the bonus, and we would get sent to the line! Let them have their threes, but keep the lead by playing our game.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

I don't think overreacting is a good idea. If we had more shots fall we are looking at a more competitive game 2 and probably a win in game 3. I mean how many shots does Korver make like that with his eyes closed. And for as good as Love has been, he can't hit a 3 to save his life.

I would try to do everything in my power to keep the big 3 and everything else is on the table. I don't think people realize what trading Love would mean. He pretty much guarantees a team is one and done on offense. Thats huge. Hes a big reason why the Cavs are in the finals. He's an excellent compliment to LBJ and Kyrie but he's misused on offense. Change the offense up.

But I would not touch the big 3. Going to have to get creative then.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
somehow they need to get rid of shump and Jr smith and bring in Paul George.

Legend
Legend
I don't really see anybody talking about trading love.

- Theodore Roosevelt
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

I don't think overreacting is a good idea. If we had more shots fall we are looking at a more competitive game 2 and probably a win in game 3. I mean how many shots does Korver make like that with his eyes closed. And for as good as Love has been, he can't hit a 3 to save his life.

I would try to do everything in my power to keep the big 3 and everything else is on the table. I don't think people realize what trading Love would mean. He pretty much guarantees a team is one and done on offense. Thats huge. Hes a big reason why the Cavs are in the finals. He's an excellent compliment to LBJ and Kyrie but he's misused on offense. Change the offense up.

But I would not touch the big 3. Going to have to get creative then.

How is he being misused?

He was missing open looks, he was getting beat while trying to post up. Correct me if I am wrong, he is a shooter, who can rebound like crazy and has great post skills.

Legend
Legend
All these people talking trades need to keep a few things in mind:

- Tristan is signed for 3 more years at $16M and escalating.

- JR is signed for 3 more years at $14M and escalating.

- Shump is signed for 2 more years at $10M and escalating.

- Pretty much EVERY good trade we made was taking on someone else's player so the other team could clear cap space. We either sent an expiring or a trade exception the other direction, NOT a player making $10 million plus for several years.

- We also don't have a lot of draft picks left, and even if we did, picks in the 20+ range are pretty worthless anyway.

So that leaves us with pretty much two options ...

- Trade Kevin Love at ~23M a year or trade Kyrie at ~$21M a year.

- Hope an awesome vet signs with us for the league minimum.

Number 2 ain't happening. The first option is limited as well. At best, you're going to get a player back that's at the same caliber as the one going out, and you're just resetting the whole learning process and team chemistry. Is that REALLY going to beat Golden State?

So, this is one of the best "trade" scenarios I could come up with:

1) We trade Kevin Love to New York for Carmelo. New York might actually do that. The salaries work, and both guys get fresh starts.

2) We trade Kyrie to the Clippers for Chris Paul. I don't know that the Clippers would really do that, but maybe they are desperate to switch things up and trade for the younger guy with more exciting potential?

3) We trade TT and Shump to Chicago for Dwyane Wade. Maybe Chicago goes for this one too. We give them some youth and they get to unload D-Wade's contract. (but get some pretty crappy contracts in return)

So that gives us Lebron's dream team: Him, Paul, Carmello and Wade. We still don't have a center, and I still think we get crushed by Golden State.

Legend
Legend
That's a really old team..

Which after injuries would just be LeBron by the time the Finals started.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
"Everyone" talking about trading guys like Kyrie and Love are the same kind of people that complain players change teams too much.

I don't want to ruin the 2016 finals highlights for the rest of my life by shipping off Kyrie or Love barely a year after they won us a title.

Legend
Legend
I was so pumped up towards the end of the game I had a hard time falling asleep last night. Unfortunately, the better team won. GS is just too damn good right now.

At least we played them a lot better this time.

Legend
Legend

That's kind of my point. People who think we can trade the guys on our current team and get something along the same lines of what Golden State has are just dreaming.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg

That's kind of my point. People who think we can trade the guys on our current team and get something along the same lines of what Golden State has are just dreaming.

Bottom line is this team isn't tough and very old. Griffin has done a mediocre job and squandered what little assets we have away and gave big contracts to guys that don't deserve it. So our options are limited but I believe this team is as good as it will ever get, only piece you can change out and hope works is Lue, who imo isn't a guy who knows how to get the most out of guys. This finals looks a lot like 2007. So we are going to have to either break down and do something drastic or just be happy with being in the hunt until lebron retires

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
In my opinion, we tried our butts off last night ... couldn't try harder. Freaking Kyle Korver was diving into the stands, Love was on the deck, we were crashing boards, blocking shots, attacking the hoop. Irving was incredible, Lebron as well ... ran out of gas ... but most importantly: GS is just THAT good. It's effortless for them to score. Best team in history.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Legend
Legend
L
As far as trading the big three, I'd trade Kyrie before love. Love is the most versatile player on team

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
We were a few plays away from winning last night. Had we won, we'd be feeling a lot better about the series and the future.

You never know. Someone might roll an ankle or JR goes off for 25 in game 4. Unlikely, but you never know.

For next year, the Warriors might be cold from distance, less focused and an injury might happen for them too. We're still one of the best teams in the NBA.

If you told me we'd win in 2016 and then lose in 2017, I'd take it.....AND knowing the Warriors are going to be better in 2018. At least this team is competing and won something. A lot more than you can say about the team this board is named after.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
why? Lebron is going to be old soon, Kyrie is still super young, and you can build around him.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
A lot of NBA superstars come cheap in trades. I don't think Boston will ever let us get PG, but I bet it wouldn't be hard to convince Phil Jackson to trade us Melo.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Keep in mind, I'm no basketball guru by any stretch.

When I look at the team this year, and if someone had a gun to my head and said I had to trade away either Kevin Love or Kyrie, I reluctantly choose Kyrie. He's such a talent, but the guy just flat out refuses to play anything other than iso ball 95% of the time. Love took his lumps last year when he got relegated to coming off the bench, but now he's a productive cog in our system (again, when we choose to run our system).

That being said, I'm with the majority of you, I don't really see, nor have I heard, of a productive and realistic trade scenario where I would be ok with unloading Kyrie. The only likely thing I can think of is a can't-miss prospect coming out in the draft (ironically, that kid we flipped for Love comes to mind).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
We don't need to change the big 3, (we do need two of them to show up as consistently as Lebrun does).

We need to add to the big 3. If Korver or Smith hit two more of their shots last night, it's a different outcome.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
Legend
Legend
It TT gives us more than 0 points, it's a different outcome.

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
He's definitely not the same person he was last year at this time.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
All Pro
All Pro
As hard as it was to watch, I have nothing but respect for the way the Cavs are playing these guys. It's just our bad luck that our window coincides with the era of a true super team. The fact that GS could find the money under the cap to sign Durant was a basically luck. If he's not on that team, we might even be the team that's up 3.

No crying over spilled milk though, the Cavs have shown they can play with them, and while seemingly impossible, they CAN win 4 in a row. Not that I'm expecting them to, but I am expecting them to play another game with heart and passion and at least pull one out.

I don't hate GS, with the exception of Draymond Green but I definitely don't want them to complete an 16-0 run through the playoffs on our home floor.

Last in, first out, the sign of a true champion!
[Linked Image from i301.photobucket.com]
Legend
Legend
Curry is averaging more rebounds this series than TT.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MrTed

- Are they still dating or no?

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
of course they are. why do you think he sucks? i blame kanye and iman for this mess. smh.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Kevin Durant dates a cheerleader.

Maybe TT could learn something from that. It might deflate the size of his head.

No Craps Given
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Quote:

Open Letter To Kevin Durant: This Boring NBA Postseason Isn't Your Fault, It's Ours

Dear Kevin Durant:

I’ve seen people call you a villain lately, and I have to laugh. It’s silly. Nothing in your personality screams “villain!” I don’t think many people actually think of you as a villain. It’s a contrived storyline in an NBA spring when most of the storylines are contrived.

We’re bored. That’s all. You and your Golden State Warriors are 14–0 in the NBA playoffs. You are going to beat the Cleveland Cavaliers for the championship unless LeBron James does something incredible, like turn Tristan Thompson into Anthony Davis. And then you will celebrate with Steph Curry, Draymond Green, Klay Thompson and Steve Kerr, and … well, here’s the truth:

I’m less impressed with each of you than I was a year ago. Really. A year ago, Kerr seemed like one of the best coaches in sports. Now he seems like a hood ornament. The car moves just fine without him. Curry was a phenomenon; now he doesn’t have to be. Green and Thompson were essential pieces to a championship contender. Now they can have off nights and their team wins by 20.

And you … you and your Oklahoma City Thunder nearly beat the 73-win Warriors in the playoffs, which should have set up an epic duel this spring, except you bailed for Golden State, where the talent is overwhelming, and here we are: you, on the verge of a ring, and me, bored.

You may not care what I think. That’s fine. Nobody can make you care. But I’m going to explain it anyway.

The problem with your Warriors experience is that there was no struggle. You showed up, killed everybody and won. It was not surprising or interesting. It feels like a bunch of parents conspired to put the best players on the same Little League team. Sure, you’re going to win, but we all expected that as long as you stayed healthy. (And no, Kerr’s back injury does not count. Please.)

You have the two best pure scorers in the league (you and Curry) and two of the five best defensive players (Klay Thompson and Draymond Green). That’s it. That’s the whole screenplay. The rest is just special effects.

If I see one more analyst point to a piece of lint in front of you and claim it’s a hurdle, I’m going to get physically ill. Your coach couldn’t sit on the bench? Come on. You had to learn to “coexist” on the floor with Curry … I mean, really? This is like Bill Gates and Warren Buffett figuring out how to split the dinner check. It’s not adversity; it’s accounting.

This Warriors team is unprecedented in my time watching the NBA. Sure, there have been dominant NBA teams in the past, but the principals all had to build toward dominance. Michael Jordan’s Bulls had to go through the Celtics and Pistons. When Jordan came back from his first retirement, he wasn’t himself, and the Bulls lost to Shaquille O’Neal, Anfernee Hardaway and a rising Magic team. That’s what made the next year’s 72-win Bulls fun to watch. Jordan was reasserting his grip on the league.

The Shaq-Kobe Lakers lost in the playoffs four times—and were swept twice—before winning their first championship. They had one dominant playoff run, in 2001, but they nearly lost to the Trail Blazers in 2000 and the Kings in 2002. The James-Wade-Bosh Heat became interesting when we (and they) realized winning a championship would be hard for them.

Maybe the Spurs would have given you that challenge if Kawhi Leonard hadn’t gotten hurt. We’ll never know. But for now, it feels like Jordan’s Bulls signed Charles Barkley in the middle of their run. That would have left Scottie Pippen as a defensive specialist who didn’t need to score that much, even though everybody knew he could. Thompson was Curry’s Pippen. He was a lot more fun to watch last year, when the Warriors needed him to be the great player he is.

This is not your fault. A combination of circumstances—like Curry’s contract and a one-time cap spike—gave you the opening to leave Oklahoma City for Golden State. All you did was run through it.

You had a right to do it. But there is no way this championship will be as gratifying as a championship with the Thunder would have been. No intelligent basketball fan believes you found a missing quality inside yourself this year. You were a cinch Hall of Famer in Oklahoma City. You’re a cinch Hall of Famer now. You didn’t have to become a better leader, or become mentally tougher, or learn how to will your team to victory, or finally beat the last guy standing in your way. You just got better teammates. The End.

I understand the impulse that led you to Golden State. It didn’t really come from you. It came from us. We, as a sports-loving society, have become absurdly narrow-minded in our assessment of great players. We act like anybody who fails to win a championship is a fraud, especially in basketball. We assess individuals purely on the results of a team game. It’s idiotic. Somehow it’s James’s fault when J.R. Smith doesn’t make shots. And if you hadn’t won a title in Oklahoma City, some people would have acted like it was a character flaw, instead of one disappointing aspect of a spectacular career.

So enjoy your next two wins. Enjoy your championship. I’m sure some people will gush that you “finally did it,” as though this one-season steamrolling is a natural extension of what you built in Oklahoma City. It isn’t. That will be another contrived storyline. And some will claim that you are the best player in the world now, ahead of James and Curry, but that will also be silly. We all know that if we swapped you for James, the Warriors would be at least as dominant. And we all knew you could play at an MVP level. That’s why you won that MVP a few years ago. This series is not telling us anything we don’t already know.

I’m sure you know that winning won’t be easy forever. Players age and get injured. Opponents rise. In a year or two, the Warriors will trail in a playoff series and be in real danger of losing. That’s when I’ll be interested again. And I won’t think of you as a villain or a hero—just a great player who needs to squeeze everything out of himself. That’s one of my favorite parts of basketball. I miss it.

Take care,

Michael Rosenberg

link

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Legend
Legend
I agree with some of the others here. If JR and TT play to their contracts like everybody on GS seems to be doing, we are in this series. For what TT's making, zero points isn't going to cut it. Someone here said Curry has more rebounds than TT, are you frickin' kidding me? I really hope this is due to an injury or something, and not him being as lackluster as he looks. JR's making a fortune to drain 3's. When 40% of your starting lineup plays like crap, we're going to lose against elite teams. I'm one of the few that doesn't think that GS is miles ahead of us talent wise, they're just getting the most out of their talent and we aren't. It also sure doesn't look like Lue is holding his own vs Kerr/Brown.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D
Last night's game was one of the toughest games I had to watch in a long time. I was too emotionally invested in that game and it hurt.

It was a good game and the Cavs fought hard. I think assigning blame to a team that has reached the Finals for three straight years is wrong. Instead, I believe that GS is just an excellent team and I have to give them credit.

I hope the Cavs continue to fight hard and refuse to surrender.

After last night's game, I will not be tuning into anymore. I went in, and sad as it is to say, with a bad mindset but that changed there. I felt we had a chance. We did have a chance.

Then we put together three minutes to end the game that was ugly, stinky and etc. Complete deflation of emotions.

I love my Cavs, and absolutely no hate - but I'm not watching the next game. It'll be interesting to see what our roster looks like next year.

A
Legend
Legend
A
In other words, you'll be watching Friday.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
In other words, you'll be watching Friday.

Last night's game was do-or-die for me. We died. It's unfathomable to believe we can make another comeback against that team.

I'm more so interested in the changes that's going to be coming to our roster. People I probably don't want to see go, will go and people I don't want to see stay, likely will stay lol.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
Originally Posted By: MrTed

- Are they still dating or no?

I'd say at least until his contract is up.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
j/c:

Thanks for honoring the intent of the thread, guys.

There is no rule that says there can be only one Cavs thread at a time.

If people want to talk about blowing up the roster or bad-mouthing certain players, they easily could have started their own thread.

I wanted this thread to be about the remainder of the playoffs and actually honoring a team that has made it to three straight Finals.

Thanks again.

Legend
Legend
First of all, you said you thought that assigning blame to the team was wrong. You didn't ask anyone not to go down that road as you imply, you just stated your opinion. Read your opening post. Secondly, if you post something and others disagree they shouldn't have to start another thread to counter. We're all pizzed and hurt over the outcome.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Cavs: Never Surrender

Link Copied to Clipboard