Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Quote:

--D. Green should have been ejected. The guy gets away w/more BS than any player in the league.

--TT and JR played major roles in our victory.

--The moment is not too big for Kyrie. LOL at lead.

--Our team fights hard. GS is just really good. Sometimes [censored] happens.

--Go Cavs! Never Surrender. Cavs in 7!

I agree with all of that. TT and JR played major roles in our losses also. When they (starting 5) are all contributing to their potential, they can and will beat GS.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

This is epically cool!

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
R
Legend
Legend
R
Really glad we won it. I didn't think we would. But man, if we can get game 5, how nervous will GS start getting?

First team ever to come back from 3-0 down?

This team seems to thrive on this type of stuff.

My resting heart rate is normally low to mid 60s. Last night it was around 95. LOL.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Yeah, you have mentioned that several times. Go find lead and console him because we won.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Sure is quiet today. Cavs lose and the roaches come out of the woodwork to throw a party. Cavs win and it's like living in a brand new, sunny house. Roach free.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I wasn't a huge fan of Kyrie a few years ago, but this guy has really stepped up his game. lead says that the moment is too big for him....LOL.....but, I think the opposite is true.

He's got stones the size of basketballs. He has stepped up on the biggest stage in the basketball two consecutive years. I think he is making a case as the best PG in the entire NBA.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Sure is quiet today. Cavs lose and the roaches come out of the woodwork to throw a party. Cavs win and it's like living in a brand new, sunny house. Roach free.

I'm thinking that everyone is sleeping in after a late night smile

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
A few other points:

--lead says RJ is done, but that guy is a warrior. He played huge minutes for us the last two games. His toughness--both mentally and physically--were needed.

--I am annoyed w/how much D. Green gets away with. We get a technical for a guy exchanging words w/Durant, but Green cheap-shots guys, and goes ballistic on almost every call and gets away w/it.

--lead says the Cavs are mentally weak. Once again, I disagree. If there was ever a time for a team to lay down, last night was it. This team came out and fought their butts off.

--We set two records last night. Most points in any quarter of a NBA Finals game and most points in a half. Somehow, our "fans" on this site don't appreciate that. Had we lost, they would be overrunning the place.

--Go Cavs!!! Never Surrender!!!!

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
LOL...........they weren't out last night, either.

Oh, and I readily admit I am getting my digs in on guys like lead, who gloat when we lose. I'm going to gloat when we win, even if it is just once. grin

B
Legend
Legend
B
Just like last year, we don't have to win three games. We just have to win the next game.

Just win the next game.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Legend
Legend
R
I wasn't a huge fan of Kyrie a few years ago, but this guy has really stepped up his game. lead says that the moment is too big for him....LOL.....but, I think the opposite is true.

He's got stones the size of basketballs. He has stepped up on the biggest stage in the basketball two consecutive years. I think he is making a case as the best PG in the entire NBA.

I agree and disagree. He's not a point guard. He's not very good at getting others involved. I'd also like to see him win a game without LeBron.

But he's a very special unique talent that to me is untradeable. You just can't trade a guy as gifted as him and with the stones he's got.

With Kyrie you have to take the good with the bad. He's a big a reason we are in a 3-1 hole. He's also a big reason we won game 4 and are competing for championships yearly.

And by far, of all the Cavs players Kyrie is probably the one who is least affected by the moment, including LeBron.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: BustkeviousMingo
Draymond's mom accuses refs of being paid off

https://www.thescore.com/news/1316184

Didn't Steph Curry's wife say the same thing last year

I only have one question.

How MUCH DID SHE PAY THEM?

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
R
Legend
Legend
R
--I am annoyed w/how much D. Green gets away with. We get a technical for a guy exchanging words w/Durant, but Green cheap-shots guys, and goes ballistic on almost every call and gets away w/it.

He's such a scrub.

His mom tweeted last night that the NBA is rigged. LOL. The mom of the player who got two Ts and wasn't ejected.

Legend
Legend
Instead of Green adapting to the Refs.. the refs adapt to Green. Shouldn't be that way. Refs have to set a standard. Green jumps up and down, curses at the refs, and makes all sorts of gestures every time he gets a foul called.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

He's such a scrub.

His mom tweeted last night that the NBA is rigged. LOL. The mom of the player who got two Ts and wasn't ejected.

I see brains run in the family. laugh

- GREAT game!!! GO CAVS!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Screw GS. I want the Cavs to win. Never surrender!

Thank God we won so we don't have to hear all the whiny BS from the cry babies.

Instead we get your whiny BS complaining about what everyone else has to say

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: kingodawg

No kiddin', if Kyrie, Thompson and Smith played like they did last night through games 1-3, we're already planning the parade and everyone is up early hitting the newsstands to buy the next bit of collectible print memorabilia.

But if anyone points out that people aren't playing up to their potential, they're whiny haters who hate the team.

You wanna talk about someone who's disappeared? Korver. That dude needs to rise to the occasion.

my two cents...
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

I'm thinking that everyone is sleeping in after a late night smile

Yeah, I stayed up and watched every interview, didn't get into bed until 2:00, didn't fall asleep until 4:00 (reruns of Frazier, some of the funniest dialogue ever written).

my two cents...
R
Legend
Legend
R
Korver played well last night.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
jc - awesome win last night, a really incredible shooting game where everything just seemed to go in.

Some thoughts on the Draymond Green situation, the NBA, and technical fouls:

- Draymond Green gets away with so much stuff. This is the NBA's own doing, because they have let him get away with it all year. The refs realize that he is a child in a man's body and can't control himself so they give him extra leeway.

- How the NBA calls technical fouls, combined with mandatory ejection after two of them, is broken. This led to a situation last night that I've never seen before-- the refs literally reversed who a previous technical was given to so as to not have Green ejected. Doris Burke even asked the official scorers and they were unequivocal that the initial technical was given to Green.

The refs have to selectively enforce what is a technical. Green's second technical would have been a ticky tack call if it was his first one, but almost unheard of for a second one (unless you're Tim Duncan and laughing on the bench). The ref knew he screwed up so they retroactively changed the first one.

That may not be the official explanation but IMO that's exactly what happened. The refs shouldn't have to keep track of that stuff, or change what a technical is based on the game situation.

Let's be real here-- while the rules state that Green should have been thrown out for the second one, a player shouldn't be thrown out of a game for some mild display of emotion like that (he regularly does worse-- at least call one of those.)

A better approach for the NBA would be to focus on giving technicals or flagrants for dirty/dangerous/unnecessary plays. Moves like putting a foot down where a shooter is going to land, or awkward crotch kicks are not punished harshly enough.

I understand that there has to be a certain limit on how you can act after a call. NBA players are notorious for whining and it it easily gets out of hand to where they show up the refs. Just change the mandatory two technical ejection.

Make it 3+, or make it an optional ejection at the refs' discretion, or create a separate category that differentiates between dirty basketball and just flailing your arms in the air after a call goes against you. I'm sure the NBA brain trust could come up with something more logical than what they currently have.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I didn't watch the game but I read about it. I saw the highlight of that deep, and that was deep, three ball by JR.

This is what happens when they make the threes. They become competitive if not victors. Glad to know we avoided handed them a record and set some of our own!

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
I didn't watch the game but I read about it. I saw the highlight of that deep, and that was deep, three ball by JR.

This is what happens when they make the threes. They become competitive if not victors. Glad to know we avoided handed them a record and set some of our own!

Yeah it was one of those nights. Cavs made 24 3-pointers.

I'll be shocked if the Cavs can do what they did last year (from down 3-1) but I'm glad they at least avoided getting swept on their home court.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M

I only remember him making one shot last night, and I know he didn't have as many shots made the first three games as he should've.

my two cents...
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: kingodawg

I think it is time to stop the stalking?

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Haus
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB

Yeah it was one of those nights. Cavs made 24 3-pointers.

I'll be shocked if the Cavs can do what they did last year (from down 3-1) but I'm glad they at least avoided getting swept on their home court.

Luckily, all they have to do is win the next game. Is winning the next game doable? I think so.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I like your idea of having categories for technical fouls like they do for the flagrant fouls. Category 1 is a dirty play, category 2 is the other stuff
2 category 2 = a category 1

Speaking of technical fouls, when did it become possible to punch someone in the balls and not get ejected? Instead off setting technicals. Puh-lease.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
L
Legend
Legend
L

Korver played just as bad last night as every other game, he was a waste of a first round pick. He's really been disappointing

Only took 2 shots and had 3 points. Our bench is a big reason we will be hard pressed to pull this out, we aren't getting much and lebron having to play huge minutes. Need to dust frye off. Our 4th leading scorer in reg season to not getting a single minute when benchbis struggling

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
R
Legend
Legend
R
I thought Korver hit 3 or 4 3s last night. Maybe I'm confusing it with game 3. I had a lot to drink last night. LOL.

Btw, don't say things to people like "I wish for horrible things to happen to you". I know you don't mean it and that's about as low as it gets. That's taking things too far, IMO.

S
Legend
Legend
S
So hilarious how as soon as the GSW fans don't get their way, and lose a game, the league is rigged.

They are the absolute worst fans. Shoving it in their face last year still feels good.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Just like last year, we don't have to win three games. We just have to win the next game.

Just win the next game.
and that is pretty much the mindset that the coaches are most likely trying to drill into the players,

I look at it like this. Yeah no team has ever come back from 3 down, but a team has come back from 3 to 1.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Jester
I like your idea of having categories for technical fouls like they do for the flagrant fouls. Category 1 is a dirty play, category 2 is the other stuff
2 category 2 = a category 1

Speaking of technical fouls, when did it become possible to punch someone in the balls and not get ejected? Instead off setting technicals. Puh-lease.
I like that too, but it still would allow BS like we saw last night. " Oh wait, we don't want to have to eject Green, so let's go back and change the Tech 1 in the first half to a tech 2.

E
Legend
Legend
E
At the bar watching a rerun of last nights game! thumbsup

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
NBA Finals: Zaza Pachulia's punch, other Game 4 incidents under review - CBSSports.com
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-fi...s-under-review/

Game 4 of the NBA Finals was one of the most intense games in recent memory. With the Warriors trying to clinch a title, and the Cavaliers desperate to survive, there was an expectation that the game would get chippy. However, the level of chippiness exceeded what the NBA wants to see on its biggest stage.

There was a lot of trash talk with plenty of hard fouls and tense moments that led to seven technical fouls. What stood out the most was when, in the middle of a loose-ball scrum, Zaza Pachulia delivered what appeared to be a punch to Iman Shumpert's groin. That play, and others, are going to be reviewed by the league office before Game 5.

Sam Amick ✔ @sam_amick
The NBA is reviewing several incidents from last night's game, I'm told. Zaza Pachulia swipe at Shumpert is among them. Standard protocol.
3:23 PM - 10 Jun 2017

Aside from Pachulia, nothing really suspension worthy took place in Game 4. Emotions definitely rose between the two sides and there might be some fines, but the only player that is likely going to earn a suspension is Pachulia for his groin punch.

Game 4 was intense, but the atmosphere created one of the most entertaining games of these playoffs and it would be a shame if the league cracked down on what made it so fun.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
E
Legend
Legend
E
I liked that article except for the last sentence. Some chippiness is ok, but this isnt the nfl.

No Craps Given
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
One game at a time... KEEP GOING CAVS!!!!

#gmstrong
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
I liked that article except for the last sentence. Some chippiness is ok, but this isnt the nfl.

Yeah, a lot of that was unnecessary and didn't make it any fun at all. Physical is one thing, dirty is quite another.

my two cents...
R
Legend
Legend
R
Something that I've been thinking about before the series and now. It's a shame the Cavs dropped game 3. I don't think that we can go back in time and say that the Cavs would have still won game 4 had they won game 3. The determination, the will to win, might not have been there. And the Warriors will to win might have been greater in game 4 as well. But I don't think it's a stretch to see a scenario where the series should be 2-2. Which brings me to the thing I've been thinking about ...

Are the Warriors really that much more talented than the Cavs? Or are they better coached and better fits for the system their coach demands they run. I mean think about ...

--LeBron vs. Durant, worst case this is a wash.

--Kyrie vs. Curry, I think this is very close to 50/50; depends on what you're looking for out of that position.

--Love vs. Green; I think this is worst case a wash as well. They give you something different. I think Green is used better on GS than Love on the Cavs but Love is capable of giving you 30 any given night and is an elite rebounder.

--Smith vs. Thompson; due to consistency this has to go to Thompson, but Smith is no slouch. While I think this is a 'for sure' in favor to GS, I don't think the margin is that great.

--Cavs Role Players vs. GS Role Players; You have to give the nod to GS, but it's more of a great system fit for those guys. Cavs have guys that are capable, but not as consistently.

I guess I just don't see this huge talent gap. I see a team that plays beautiful basketball (GS) the way the game was meant to be played. And I think that, not talent, is the biggest difference.

I think if the Cavs can get game 5, and I think that's going to be a tall order, but if they can get game 5, it's going 7. And anything can happen in a game 7. The thing with LeBron is if you give him a glimmer of hope, and he feels he has control over the outcome, he's hard to bet against. Look at Heat-Spurs game 7. That's all LeBron needed, a one game winner take all. He's at his best in this type of situation.

They need to come out with the same intensity for game 5 as game 4. A 'leave everything on the court' performance. 100 mph from the opening tip. I will be stunned if they win game 5, but damn, I'll really start believing if they do. Give the Q one more game. That place will be electric.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
It is a shame we lost game 3. We outplayed them most of the way and should have won it. I also agree that game 4 might have played out differently, though.

I'll get into the coaching staff and the roster after the season. Right now, I just want to enjoy the Cavs playing in the Finals for the third consecutive year.

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Cavs: Never Surrender

Link Copied to Clipboard