Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
D
Legend
Legend
D
Jeremy Maclin - WR - Free Agent

Free agent Jeremy Maclin is flying to Baltimore to visit the Ravens on Wednesday.
Maclin's tour in Buffalo rolled over into Wednesday, giving the sense the two sides could be onto something, but Maclin wants to see what else is out there. The Ravens are the only other known team to have lined up a visit with the 29-year-old. Baltimore is looking for an inside receiver to help in the red zone. Eric Decker is a better fit, but Maclin is obviously no slouch, either.

Related: Bills, Ravens

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Jun 7 - 2:13 PM

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
even if he doesn't intend to listen to the Ravens at all, it would have been foolish to not make the visit. If nothing else, it may cause the Bills to panic a little and maybe make a rash offer.

Ideally, he then plays it out further and visits the cash-flush Browns and we knock his socks off wink

I bet Ravens, with Pitta injured and released, would be willing to dig deeper into the wallet than we are/would be.

Legend
Legend
Meant Gordon. Dumb hands can't type. Thanx for correction & answer.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
B
Legend
Legend
B
We reached out to him. If he doesn't make a visit, it means he doesn't want to come here.

No big deal.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Do we know for sure that we reached out to Maclin, or was that just a media report? Hue didn't seem to have any knowledge of it.

Oh, before they go off...........I am NOT saying that we didn't reach out to him. I am only asking if we know for sure. It is a question. Not a statement.

D
Legend
Legend
D

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports the Bills and free agent Jeremy Maclin are "hung up" over salary.

It's why Maclin left his two-day visit without a contract. The Ravens reportedly want to get a deal done with Maclin and have a chance to close on Wednesday. Maclin was owed $12.4 million from the Chiefs this year, but he may have to settle for a lot less this late in the offseason.

Related: Bills

Source: NFL.com Jun 7 - 5:51 PM

Legend
Legend
I don't get the hype with Maclin.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Do we know for sure that we reached out to Maclin, or was that just a media report? Hue didn't seem to have any knowledge of it.

Oh, before they go off...........I am NOT saying that we didn't reach out to him. I am only asking if we know for sure. It is a question. Not a statement.

I read somewhere that Hue was glad we reached out. Where did you read that Hue had no idea??

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
You didn't answer my question.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Coach Hue Jackson on Browns reportedly showing interest in free-agent receiver Jeremy Maclin: ‘That’s a good thing’

http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/coach-...-thing-1.772397

“I think that’s a good thing, if we did,” Jackson said. “I don’t know much about that, but to have an opportunity, one thing I know about our group is we’re going to continue to look at ways to improve our football team. I’ve said that numerous times, and I give [head of football operations] Sashi [Brown] a lot of credit for that.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You are right on the ball as always, Vambo! Do you maintain a working directory of all football-related articles? Good stuff... thumbsup

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks for backing me up, Vambo.

Legend
Legend
Best fit for Maclin is Baltimore. As for QB's, they have the best sure thing in Flacco...

Money being equal (and it never is), Baltimore is the place for him.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
E
Legend
Legend
E
Actually that sort of backs up both posters if that is possible...lol laugh

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm pretty sure that this.... "“I think that’s a good thing, if we did,” Jackson said. “I don’t know much about that..... Pretty much backs up that we don't know for sure one way or the other. I mean since Hue doesn't seem to know one way or the other. lol

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk
I don't get the hype with Maclin.

Yeah... my opinion is that I'd rather have him than Britt, and I think getting him would be an upgrade to the WR room. We had some dollars set aside for Pryor, so I don't see a problem dipping into some of that to give to Maclin.

Maclin is a slightly better backup/consolation option for Pryor than Britt.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
1st String
1st String
Maclin leaves Ravens visit without deal

https://www.thescore.com/news/1315548

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
Legend
Legend
Interesting that there is no mention of further visits pending.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Maybe we come to the rescue now that he sees the market isn't as good as he thought.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
Eric Decker - WR - Jets

The MMQB's Albert Breer reports the Jets have had Eric Decker trade talks with the Ravens.
Breer reports the Jets have also had talks with other teams. The Jets are trying to get something for Decker before simply cutting him loose. The Ravens might be content to wait Gang Green out, as no other suitors have been officially reported. The Ravens, who just hosted free agent Jeremy Maclin for a visit, badly need receiving help. Decker would instantly be the No. 1.

Related: Ravens

Source: Albert Breer on Twitter Jun 8 - 5:41 PM

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I'm pretty sure that this.... "“I think that’s a good thing, if we did,” Jackson said. “I don’t know much about that..... Pretty much backs up that we don't know for sure one way or the other. I mean since Hue doesn't seem to know one way or the other. lol

IMO, Hue not getting involved is a good sign. Hue trust Sashi to do his job. Sashi trust Hue to do his. A far cry different then control freak Farmer!

I'm hoping Sashi does not get Maclin. That'll mean last years receivers are more ready than we think. I like the thought they stay committed grooming the young. Having Maclin will improve the receiving corp, but it won't add wins to make Cleveland a contender.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I think at this point the FO does not discuss every brain fart with Hue...they know what he wants, needs and likes.

I'm sure if Maclin agreed to a visit. Hue would have been notified a.s.a.p. So I can imagine how that all went and why he was not in the loop on us going for a looksey

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: eotab
I think at this point the FO does not discuss every brain fart with Hue...they know what he wants, needs and likes.

I'm sure if Maclin agreed to a visit. Hue would have been notified a.s.a.p. So I can imagine how that all went and why he was not in the loop on us going for a looksey

jmho

I agree. Plus, Hue has been busy with OTAs and planning the full mini camp in a week. Some seem to want to keep morphing Hue in to a role he doesn't have.
s

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think some people believe every word they read. Wait.....provided it fits in w/their line of thinking.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Probably so.

Just the times we live. You either watch Fox or CNN.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Other than certain posters feeling the need to be "right," I really don't get why anyone would be upset w/my opinion that Hue spoke w/ownership and got the message across that it's very important that we win some games.

I see it as a positive that ownership and the FO being open-minded and flexible, which is very unlike those certain posters on here who need to make every disagreement a war.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Like i said, the times we live. People today are conditioned to argue if things aren't exactly as they view.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports both the Bills and Ravens expect Jeremy Maclin to choose his new team on Monday.

Maclin visited Buffalo early last week before taking a trip to Baltimore on Wednesday. Both teams need him, but Maclin's fantasy prospects would look much better with the Ravens, who lack a true No. 1 and offer a more voluminous passing attack. Once Maclin makes his choice, teams should start getting serious about Eric Decker.

Related: Eric Decker, Ravens, Bills

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter Jun 12 - 8:16 AM

V
Legend
Legend
V
Does this mean we haven't brought him in?

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'd say it means we won't bring him in.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Maclin signed with ravens. nfl.com

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Even coming off a subpar year in KC Maclin would have been a upgrade to the current recieving options on the Browns
The Browns have so much money under the cap they could have afforded him.
I guess this year is more about development than winning
Has this team ever gone into a season with intentions to win the North other than 2002?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
Even coming off a subpar year in KC Maclin would have been a upgrade to the current recieving options on the Browns
The Browns have so much money under the cap they could have afforded him.
I guess this year is more about development than winning
Has this team ever gone into a season with intentions to win the North other than 2002?

We aren't going to win the North this year no matter what we do.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

We aren't going to win the North this year no matter what we do.

We aren't favored to win the north.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Does this mean we haven't brought him in?

No doubt. I never saw anything about bringing him in. All I ever saw was we had interest.

Either not enough, or he didn't have any.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Isn't that the proverbial narrative every year....we aren't gonna win the North it's gonna be another 4-12 year.....
Yet Browns ownership will charge full Price for tickets for a product that can't even challenge the North

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
Isn't that the proverbial narrative every year....we aren't gonna win the North it's gonna be another 4-12 year.....
Yet Browns ownership will charge full Price for tickets for a product that can't even challenge the North

Yeah, except that this time, for the first time in a long time,. I get the feeling that these guys "get it". I also really, really like Hue Jackson as the head coach. I think we're heading in the right direction, and we'll see significant improvement this year.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I didn't think it would happen, but it is disappointing, non-the-less.

Hopefully, we make a run at Decker.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree. I think the coach is good and am seeing competent moves by the FO.

Those two things usually add up to success.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
I'd be surprised if we go after Decker. I think the FO and even Hue for that matter are pretty dedicated to seeing what the young guys have.

I think at least one of the receivers we picked up last year will be chucked this year. My bet would be Payton.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Chiefs Release WR Jeremy Maclin

Link Copied to Clipboard