Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Yeah, you have mentioned that several times. Go find lead and console him because we won.

I would, but we're so tight he has me on ignore.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: MrTed
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
I liked that article except for the last sentence. Some chippiness is ok, but this isnt the nfl.

Yeah, a lot of that was unnecessary and didn't make it any fun at all. Physical is one thing, dirty is quite another.
I said it last season and I say it now, the way to beat GSW is to hit them in the mouth.

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
1st String
1st String
Green hints at unusual Game 4 officiating: 'There was more going on out there'
https://www.thescore.com/news/1316737

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
Legend
Legend
There aren't many players I dislike more than Draymon Green

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I shouldn't let it bother me, but it does bother me that they are complaining about the officiating. Unreal!

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I shouldn't let it bother me, but it does bother me that they are complaining about the officiating. Unreal!

I thought the officiating in game 4 was suspect to say the least. AND, I am a Cavs fan! I mean...if GSW want to complain lets also reverse the lens and look at how they also benefitted. Prime example: why the hell was that 2nd technical that should have booted Green out but then it was somehow changed to a technical on Kerr? Explain. More so than any major sport I think the NBA is rife with officiating controversy and bias.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan

I thought the officiating in game 4 was suspect to say the least. AND, I am a Cavs fan! I mean...if GSW want to complain lets also reverse the lens and look at how they also benefitted. Prime example: why the hell was that 2nd technical that should have booted Green out but then it was somehow changed to a technical on Kerr? Explain. More so than any major sport I think the NBA is rife with officiating controversy and bias.

The refs were horrible all around Friday. Both teams got screwed multiple times.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I felt like the officiating was horribly biased the first two. The Warriors were challenging every shot with contact, which is fine, but every shot we challenged they called ticky tack fouls.

It kind of reminded how the officiating was ehen Lebron was in Miami. Every time I team started to get up or started to make a run at a Mami lead they would get 3 or 4 calls against them in a row to kill their momentum. But when Miami had a comfortable lead then all of a sudden they would give the opponent enough calls to make the stats look legit.

Legend
Legend
this next game is the big one IMO ... it's going to be the toughest game for us to win

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
I wonder what the odds of Draymond getting T'd up at all in Oakland are ganna be, regardless of what he does.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
this next game is the big one IMO ... it's going to be the toughest game for us to win

IF we win the next one, anybody feel a 2nd comeback becomes probable? We'd have game 6 at home and then, anything happens in game 7.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

IF we win the next one, anybody feel a 2nd comeback becomes probable? We'd have game 6 at home and then, anything happens in game 7.

It's no secret we have the talent, we just have to (once again) live up to it.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
Legend
Legend
I'm honestly worried that with our first win coming after an increase of intensity.

That the refs in Game 5 try to "rein in" the intensity.

I would spend the entire first quarter driving the lane. Forcing contact. Find out how the refs are ganna run it.

Also. I would be constantly driving at Green. Try to get calls on him (and reactions from him)

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
I'm honestly worried that with our first win coming after an increase of intensity.

That the refs in Game 5 try to "rein in" the intensity.

I would spend the entire first quarter driving the lane. Forcing contact. Find out how the refs are ganna run it.

Also. I would be constantly driving at Green. Try to get calls on him (and reactions from him)
But that is the problem, we let the refs take us out of our game. We need to be tough and physical. I am not saying cheap or dirty but hard-nosed, and in their faces and pushing the envelope of the rules. They are soft, they will fold

Legend
Legend
Kinda feel bad for whomever refs game 5.

No matter what they do.

It will be wrong.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I think our intensity was great in game 3. We had a nice lead and things just broke the wrong way at the end of the game. It was a tough loss in so many respects.

cfrs mentioned that the officiating was bad for both teams in the last game. I agree w/that, but they are complaining. We are not complaining. That's the difference.

Also, in games 1 and 2, the officiating was clearly in favor of GS. And I am not the type to criticize officiating. My posts on the Brown's game day forum attests to that.

I'm worried that the officiating is going to favor GS big time tonight. I don't know how many of you played competitive bb, but man, it can make a huge difference. I was a PG in high school, and we would play Canton McKinley [a state power at that time] at their place. Every time up the court, they would be hip checking me, holding one arm and chopping across my body at the ball w/the other. No calls at all. Shoving you in the hips when you were in the air driving for a layup. No call. Making contact to your elbow on jumpers. They were not excessive fouls, but they threw you off because you knew that contact was always going to be there. On the other hand, you come close to them and it was a foul. GS got away w/similar tactics in those first two games. A lot of grabbing and reaching, while their shooters were awarded free throws for touch fouls.

I just hope to see the game called evenly tonight.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Golden State is certainly the darlings w/the media, but man, I don't think they are a likable team. Numerous hits to player's groins; constant whining to the officials; Durant bad-mouthing Westbrook all year; Klay calling LeBron a baby last year; and this tasteless act by Curry:

Legend
Legend
Refs screwed up last game with T foul.

Tonight will be homer central, I suspect. Call it all, we are in it. I suspect Green will set the bar pretty low.

Go, Cavs. Win one in Homerville!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
C
Legend
Legend
C
If you look at Curry's past celebrations, it's pretty clear he was not taking a dump on the court.

C
Legend
Legend
C
cfrs mentioned that the officiating was bad for both teams in the last game. I agree w/that, but they are complaining. We are not complaining. That's the difference.

That's because the Cavs won. If they had lost people would be going nuts over the Draymond thing for sure.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
For what it's worth, I put the odds of a Cavs victory tonight at 25%. (1 out of 4 chance)

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Golden State is certainly the darlings w/the media, but man, I don't think they are a likable team. Numerous hits to player's groins; constant whining to the officials; Durant bad-mouthing Westbrook all year; Klay calling LeBron a baby last year; and this tasteless act by Curry:

GSW has several players I would like to see get punched in the face... the only person I can say I really like is Steve Kerr.

Curry and Durant are both stick thin and go down with the slightest contact and almost always get the call because of it.. Draymond Green hasn't committed a single foul in the series yet (in his own mind), Zaza is a cheapshot artist rivaled only by Green... Iggy, Livingston, and even Klay aren't bad...

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
GO CAVS BEAT GS

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Well, I stayed away from game 4, and we won. That means I can't watch game 5 either. crazy

Hopefully I won't be able to watch a Cavs game till next season.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Well, I stayed away from game 4, and we won. That means I can't watch game 5 either. crazy

Same with me last year.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
D
Legend
Legend
D

This is my thoughts exactly. Game I didn't watch, we lit it up. I'll continue to not watch with hopes of the same outcome lol.

Legend
Legend
One game at a time. Radio silence begins now.

[Linked Image]

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V

Awww YTown. That's funny and sad at the same time. Whatever you do, I hope it works.

Me, I'm sticking w/the "No Surrender" thang. I'm saying it now and will again right before the tip. I'm also going to wear my wine colored athletic shorts and dark blue tank top tonight just like I did when we won the other night. I'm not talking online during the game except for maybe half time, just like the other night.

But hey, none of us are superstitious. LOL

E
Legend
Legend
E
I cant find my cavs gear, so Im not wearing it. Just like I didnt wear it last friday.

No Craps Given
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Eve's watching it naked?

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
This worked last time so.... LET'S GO CAVS!!!

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
I would watch naked if it meant we win lol

No Craps Given
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
thumbsup

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
j/c:

Kryie gets a lot of grief and I hope I don't jinx him, but the dude reminds me of an assassin. He doesn't ever lose confidence or back down. He might not play well, but he has ice-cold blood and the moment is NEVER too big for him!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Yeah, you have mentioned that several times. Go find lead and console him because we won.

I would, but we're so tight he has me on ignore.

An obvious 'telepathy-based' cyber relationship - you don't even need to type! laugh

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
i just wanted to tell you both good luck, we're all counting on you

Legend
Legend
GO CAVS!!!

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Cavs: Never Surrender

Link Copied to Clipboard