Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
E
Legend
Legend
E
Cavs drowned a long time ago, not playing with intensity or accuracy like friday. Cant afford to suck down the stretch.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Cavs drowned a long time ago, not playing with intensity or accuracy like friday. Cant afford to suck down the stretch.

Yea, that second quarter killed 'em.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

Yea, that second quarter killed 'em.

GSW has had an answer for every Cavs run but can't help but wonder how that 2nd quarter might have been different if KD had spent most of it on the bench with 3 fouls like he should have.

yebat' Putin
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
I wouldn't say the intensity dropped off, but the accuracy sure did.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
Legend
Legend
Cavs can't get any stops in the 4th quarter. Hard to come back if you can't get stops.

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I dunno, I kinda feel like the Warriors play like the saying about OL in the NFL-You could call holding on every play. I feel like the refs letting them play that way but not allowing us much contact at all contributes to us being more worn out.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Bòooooooooooo

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Cavs finally tried at 3 in the final few minutes after it was too late. GSW was giving them layups.

yebat' Putin
E
Legend
Legend
E
At least that douchebag Curry was a non factor. Only reason they won is KD.

No Craps Given
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Y'know what, Kevin Love was absent tonight. I can kinda understand Korver needing to adjust to the pressure, but not Love, he's been here two times and he was just sorry tonight.

Rebounds are necessary, points are life & death.

my two cents...
L
Legend
Legend
L
Too many JAGs . We need to obliterate the bench and find guys that can play

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
1st String
1st String
It was a nice run and a fun season with a bitter ending.I can't wait to see what if any changes are made in the offseason.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
And Deron Williams? NO! Another complete non factor.

my two cents...
R
Legend
Legend
R
Haven't been posting but have been watching the game.

Just have one parting shot. Cleveland went 52 years without a championship and we were fortunate to get one last year. We owe everything to LeBron for that. But isn't it so Cleveland that the best player in the world chooses to come play for them and there's another team out west that can't win championships on their own so they form a super team at the same time and Cleveland is left with just the one? I mean is there anything more Cleveland than that?

Durant is soft as hell. And he's rewarded with a championship and MVP. It just seems wrong.

Thank goodness for last year.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: BustkeviousMingo
It was a nice run and a fun season with a bitter ending.I can't wait to see what if any changes are made in the offseason.

I'm sure there will be.

my two cents...
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: MrTed
Y'know what, Kevin Love was absent tonight. I can kinda understand Korver needing to adjust to the pressure, but not Love, he's been here two times and he was just sorry tonight.

It's like muscle memory. This is what happens when your coach reduces you to a spot up shooter. Love isn't part of the offense. He's an afterthought. Can't blame him for that.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

It's like muscle memory. This is what happens when your coach reduces you to a spot up shooter. Love isn't part of the offense. He's an afterthought. Can't blame him for that.

Nah, he had how many points doing what he's been asked to do a mere two days ago? Enough to have made all the difference tonight.

my two cents...
Legend
Legend
That was the most subdued championship celebration I've ever seen. It's like they didn't sweep, so they failed to live up to expectations. I'm sure Golden State fans will be up till 9:30 tonight partying it up as well.

I guess I'll take a celebration like last year over anything Golden State just had. Just a cheap win all around.

As for the team itself. I think we could beat these guys. We picked a bad week to go into a team-wide shooting slump. I feel like we showed we can still hang with these guys these last three games. If we played like this the first two games, maybe we actually steal one. We probably should of won Game 3 too. We don't need to blow things up, but there are things we need to work on.

R
Legend
Legend
R

Nah, he had how many points doing what he's been asked to do a mere two days ago? Enough to have made all the difference tonight.

Man, watch the games and understand what you're watching. Don't be that fan.

1st String
1st String

And it didn't help he got 2 quick fouls and had to sit like 8 minutes of the 1st quarter. Not exactly the way to get into the flow of the game

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
Legend
Legend
Quote:
We probably should of won Game 3 too.

That's the key, if we don't blow the end of game 3, if we can just get a couple shots to fall, it's 3 games to 2 going back to Cleveland like it's supposed to be. And I don't know what happened in games 1 and 2 but it became obvious in 3 that we had this revelation that we could beat them, not sure why we played games 1 and 2 like we were scared.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
That second quarter just killed us. I wanted to post "that's it!" at halftime, but still had high hopes. Perhaps it was just wishful thinking? All-in-all it wasn't a bad game. In the end the better team won.

The Cavs are still a great team - just not the best one this year.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Im ok with replacing anyone not named:
Lebron
Kyrie
Love
JR
TT

Beyond that ... whatever

No Craps Given
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
We need Irving and Love to be as consistent as Lebron is EVERY NIGHT for starters. If they did that, and played the defense we played in games 3 & 4, it would've been over for GS last Friday.

We then need more points off the bench. Korver, wasn't himself, Deron Williams, ain't ever been all that since he got here.

We had other guys on the bench that were key players last year no matter how minor the role that made significant contributions that never saw the floor this year. Channing Frye, not a great guy, but serviceable and good for a few points, not bad from 3 point range either.
Dante Jones, played just a little bit last year, but he provided a great spark.

my two cents...
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M

Man, watch the games and understand what you're watching. Don't be that fan.

What fan? Don't ask me for deep basketball analysis, I just know that a guy that's supposed to be good with the ball in his hands, wasn't good when it counted.

my two cents...
Legend
Legend
Welp ..... my not watching didn't work. frown

3 straight in the Finals ain't bad though. Let's just win it all again next year. laugh

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Where do we go for post game interviews?

my two cents...
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

3 straight in the Finals ain't bad though. Let's just win it all again next year. laugh

I can mildly understand a superstition, but what's the point of being a sports fan if your superstition is going to not let you watch the sport?

and you might've been the good luck charm!

my two cents...
Legend
Legend

Me too.

And I agree. If you told me moments after Lebron announcing his return to Cleveland that we'd go to three Finals in a row and win one, I would have taken it without question. I don't know how long that content feeling will last, eventually 2016 will be way back in the rearview mirror.

I'm still happy about 2016.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Glad they didn't win it in Cleveland too.

my two cents...
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Looking forward to the Cavs vs Warriors Finals in 2018.

Going to be an interesting offseason. Bottom line, Cavs need another star player if they want to compete. I expect a major acquisition in the offseason.

LeBron, Kyrie and Love are the only non-tradeables. The "Big 3" is outdated. It's "Big 4" or bust.

Better get Griff re-signed, too.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
If golden state manages to keep their team intact, next years playoffs will be just as boring.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
E
Legend
Legend
E
We have to keep JR also. He is clutch.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Is it just me or was there was a severe lack of emotion when the game ended. Like. Watch the Cavs win last year. Then watch KD on the court right after the game.

He's just kinda like.

"Yay we won" "Woohoo I'm a champion"

In the world of people creating "super teams" because they need to win a title for their "legacy"

KD joined the "wrong" team.

Because this actually hurts his "legacy".

He wins a title in OKC, or even Washington or Boston or heck in LA. It's different.

But to join THAT team? Whatever.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
I would love to add another star but the Cavs don't need to in order to compete.... as I said, they should have won game 3, it should be 3-2 now going back to Cleveland like it was supposed to be.

The Cavs need to up their defensive intensity and maintain it the whole game, they give up too many easy baskets, especially in delayed transition simply because they don't hustle back.

They also need a rim enforcer. As much as I hate Zaza and think he should have been suspended, they need a guy like that in the paint.... nobody ever pays a price for getting to the rim against the Cavs.

yebat' Putin
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c...

Looking forward to the Cavs vs Warriors Finals in 2018.

Going to be an interesting offseason. Bottom line, Cavs need another star player if they want to compete. I expect a major acquisition in the offseason.

LeBron, Kyrie and Love are the only non-tradeables. The "Big 3" is outdated. It's "Big 4" or bust.

Better get Griff re-signed, too.

Cavs don't have a lot of wiggle room. If they want to get better, they are probably going to have to trade Love or Irving.

I'm sure the Paul George stuff will heat up, but it's going to be really tough for the Cavs to get better. They shouldn't have to, but apparently that's the way it is now.

But hey, since GSW won, it wasn't a rigged finals, right? At least we have that going for us.

I'm just glad it's over. Tired of seeing that team.

Legend
Legend
I think I'm just ganna watch more hockey next year instead.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend

I can mildly understand a superstition, but what's the point of being a sports fan if your superstition is going to not let you watch the sport?

and you might've been the good luck charm!

Last year I watched game 7, but turned away for a while. I prayed, and turned it back on. At the very end, I muted the sound, and read my Bible. lol

I'm superstitious when it comes to sports.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
Is it just me or was there was a severe lack of emotion when the game ended. Like. Watch the Cavs win last year. Then watch KD on the court right after the game.

He's just kinda like.

"Yay we won" "Woohoo I'm a champion"

In the world of people creating "super teams" because they need to win a title for their "legacy"

KD joined the "wrong" team.

Because this actually hurts his "legacy".

He wins a title in OKC, or even Washington or Boston or heck in LA. It's different.

But to join THAT team? Whatever.

Unfortunately, this isn't true. The media is going to put him on such a pedestal it's insane. Check out ESPN's home page right now.

He's passed LeBron as the best player. You didn't know that?

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Cavs: Never Surrender

Link Copied to Clipboard