Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I certainly don't do that with people of other races. While I don't agree with Swish about everything he posts, I always considered him a pretty good kid. And yes, since my daughter is much older than he is, I consider everyone his age a kid to some degree. But if he feels the need to lump me in with "all white people", he is no better than the people he claims he despises.

And I agree with you. I know quite a few people on here that vote Republican all the time. However, some of them break down each issue on an individual basis. They are free thinkers and consider the issue more than the party.

There are less than a handful that I feel have zero desire to do that. And the same goes with Democrats on this board. There are a lot of people willing to have an honest and open discussion concerning issues. There are some who simply refuse to. They spew party lines with no desire to take things any further.

In all honesty I couldn't vote for Trump or Hillary. To me my vote is a valuable thing. At some point a candidate has to meet a certain standard to be deserving of my vote. I didn't deem either candidate worthy. And to this point, the evidence points in the direction that I was right IMO

I agree with everything you said there...with the exception that I can't call him a kid since I think I'm only a few years older (33).

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Those are two examples of things he's said.

Ok .. I see now. Sorry. Generalizations are thrown around these boards without much thought. I guess we're all guilty of it.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Quote:
In all honesty I couldn't vote for Trump or Hillary. To me my vote is a valuable thing. At some point a candidate has to meet a certain standard to be deserving of my vote. I didn't deem either candidate worthy. And to this point, the evidence points in the direction that I was right IMO

Did you vote at all in the 2016 general election? Local and state? Primaries?

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral

Did you vote at all in the 2016 general election? Local and state? Primaries?

Yes I did.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
No worries, bud.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
i was trippin last night.

sorry but i'm just sick of people of darker color either getting massively bombed by the US, or completely ignored.

it definitely came off completely wrong, however i won't apologize for representing the people who get zero respect in this world.

people of color have tried to be nice and it doesn't work. so now it's time for different tactics.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Dang, swish, read your posts in this discussion- so, you're black, you use weed, you are a racist, and you hate white government because they haven't fixed African wars. And, a buddy stated you should light up a bowl to fix your problems...and you think "white people" are the devil...WOW.
Must suck to be you- as one poster mentioned, I say fix our problems instead of spending trillions on other parts of the world....please checkout Hey Jackass on the net. Blacks are killing blacks here in good old USA almost as much as they are in Africa....lets TRY to fix America first.

On subject- imminent US action, JMHO, we won't use force first, sanctions-yes, force first- no.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Legend
Legend
ok

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Quote:
Blacks are killing blacks

What do you know about the Watts riots, the formation of gangs, or just gangs in general?

Please back it up with factual data, and personal anecdotal experience.

Quote:
lets TRY to fix America first.

How is the current government trying to empower the inner cities with better educational opportunities, and fixing the vast inequality of the American caste system?

Legend
Legend
stop bro.

the people who constantly talk about fixing america first end up being the same ones arguing to go to war over someone talking trash in a foreign country.

people can call me whatever they want, but at the end of the day, world history shows i'm right. we constantly ignore all the other crap that happens in countries that are high populations in darker skin people, but love wanting to help out europeans or asians, or bomb the crap out of the middle east for resources.

they don't exactly care about fixing america first. it's only a talking point in an attempt to change the narrative. we're talking foreign policy, yet here they go talking about america first the moment i start blasting everybody.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 07/20/17 06:39 PM.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I want you to be around people of different socioeconomic levels than yourself. That would be a good start.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
That's hard to do, JMHO....again, JMHO, "most people" mainly associate/group with their race and socio-economic group, doesn't make anyone racist, it's natural. My experience only.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
I want you to be around people of different socioeconomic levels than yourself. That would be a good start.

That would be great. Goes both ways though.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Well I guess I see what you think of me now... Next time you get on a rant I'll just post STFUDA and we'll go from there. tongue

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

What do you know about the Watts riots, the formation of gangs, or just gangs in general?

Quote:

How is the current government trying to empower the inner cities with better educational opportunities, and fixing the vast inequality of the American caste system?

LOL...........are you for real. What the hell do you know about any of that?

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 07/20/17 08:03 PM.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: Swish
i was trippin last night.

sorry but i'm just sick of people of darker color either getting massively bombed by the US, or completely ignored.

it definitely came off completely wrong, however i won't apologize for representing the people who get zero respect in this world.

people of color have tried to be nice and it doesn't work. so now it's time for different tactics.

There are over a billion black people in Africa alone. As far as I'm aware, blacks are the majority (often overwhelming majority) of every single sub Saharan country and all are currently under black leadership.

Africa is the most resource rich continent in the world, with vast amounts of beautiful and arable land that is not being put to good use. There are large reserves of oil, minerals, timber, and other useful resources.

Contrary to what you have said in this thread, Africa does receive a substantial amount of foreign aid from the U.S and other countries. It pours in by the billions. The real underlying issues are staggering levels of corruption and incompetence.

Why is it our responsibility to look out for and provide for over a billion people who live on another continent, under their own leadership with copious amounts of natural resources?

Legend
Legend
Why is it our responsibility to bomb the Middle East?

Why is it our responsibility to denuclearize NK?

Why was it our responsibility to go to war against Germany?

Why is it our responsibility to do anything as far as foreign policy?

Your excuse that we give billions to Africa is weak. We give billions to other places as well, yet we go above and beyond to help those places out, but never Africa or South America.

So no, it isn't contrary to what I said.

You don't complain about helping European countries or Asian countries out, but the moment I mention Africa, the excuses start flying.

A typical response from someone who doesn't care.

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Quote:

Quote:

LOL...........are you for real. What the hell do you know about any of that?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Haus

There are over a billion black people in Africa alone. As far as I'm aware, blacks are the majority (often overwhelming majority) of every single sub Saharan country and all are currently under black leadership.

Africa is the most resource rich continent in the world, with vast amounts of beautiful and arable land that is not being put to good use. There are large reserves of oil, minerals, timber, and other useful resources.

Contrary to what you have said in this thread, Africa does receive a substantial amount of foreign aid from the U.S and other countries. It pours in by the billions. The real underlying issues are staggering levels of corruption and incompetence.

Why is it our responsibility to look out for and provide for over a billion people who live on another continent, under their own leadership with copious amounts of natural resources?

Hmmmm, sounds familiar. Yea, Detroit!

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H

Your excuse that we give billions to Africa is weak. We give billions to other places as well, yet we go above and beyond to help those places out, but never Africa or South America.

You don't complain about helping European countries or Asian countries out, but the moment I mention Africa, the excuses start flying.

I'm not even a fan of having a bloated welfare system in our own country. I'm even less of a fan of sending it to another continent unless we get something worthwhile in return. Let them grow their own food-- there is plenty of arable land to do it on.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Would you rather have our money go towards policing the world or helping others here at home/abroad with humanitarian programs?

Legend
Legend

We did evacuate as many of them as we could back a couple of hundred years ago.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

...and I'm the bigoted racist?

Legend
Legend
What are you talking about?

That was an evacuation, why did someone tell you different?

Legend
Legend

Smh

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend

I'm going to have to break a promise I made to myself and respond to you. You are not funny. This is about as vile a comment as I have read. Just stop.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Well I was reading how many Muslims and Iranians deny the Holocaust ever happened and you guys support them all the time so I got to thinking. Hmmmmm.

Legend
Legend
Sorry to tell you my views are closer to yours than the liberals on here. I just think you are a troll and say things for shock value. I used to post on politics all the time. I stopped because of posters like you who do nothing but start fights.

#gmstrong
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M

That's not funny. Unless there's some stupid ass obscure thing that happened in history that you're keeping your mouth shut about just to try to be funny.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
Sorry to tell you my views are closer to yours than the liberals on here. I just think you are a troll and say things for shock value. I used to post on politics all the time. I stopped because of posters like you who do nothing but start fights.

I've slowed down on it too, don't have the energy to get that riled up anymore. Too much stress in my workday to come home and get in arguments with people I don't know outside of here.

my two cents...
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Would you rather have our money go towards policing the world or helping others here at home/abroad with humanitarian programs?

I like many other options better than these, including not being taxed the money in the first place.

Related: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/afr...m=.4687e1ccb258

Quote:
Zimbabwe seized white farmers’ land. Now some are being invited back.

HARARE, Zimbabwe — When Tracy Mutinhiri struggled to get her tobacco crop to grow, she turned to some of the country’s most experienced farmers for help.

There was only one complication: They were white.

In Zimbabwe, farmland has been a central issue in the African nation’s violent struggles over race. Fifteen years ago, the government began seizing property from thousands of white farmers and giving it to blacks as recompense for the abuses of colonial rule. But now, as agricultural output stalls, black landowners are quietly reaching out to white farmers who were thrown off their land.

“The problem now is that we have the land, but they have the experience,” said Mutinhiri, a black landowner. “We need to help each other.”

President Robert Mugabe has warned that forging ties with white farmers is a step backward. He initially won fame as a guerrilla fighter against white minority rule, which ended with Zimbabwe’s independence in 1980.

“We can’t have another war to liberate a country we have already liberated,” Mugabe said last month, speaking about the increasing number of white farmers now advising or managing black-owned farms.

[How whites retained their grip on Zimbabwe’s farms for decades]

For whites who were stripped of their property, Mugabe’s policy of land reform amounted to theft. For blacks who profited from the redistribution, it was justice after nearly a century in which a small group of British settlers and their descendants controlled the country. The rift between those perspectives has long appeared unbridgeable.

But with the economy spiraling downward, the “joint partnerships” are becoming more common. Black landowners retain their rights to the property but share the profits with whites, who live and work on the farms as managers or consultants, sometimes bringing their equipment as well.

For decades, Zimbabwe’s land ownership was sharply skewed in favor of whites. In 1980, the country was home to about 120,000 whites and more than 7 million blacks, but whites owned about half of the arable land. Blacks worked the farms as low-paid laborers. In most countries in East and West Africa, white minority rule ended more than a half-century ago, but Zimbabweans’ experience is relatively recent.

Ian Smith, a prime minister who fought to preserve white rule in the years before independence, was himself a farmer. His regime, deemed racist and undemocratic by most of the international community, funded itself largely through agricultural exports. In the 1960s and ’70s, some of the key battles of the country’s war against white rule took place on farms. Smith said he was fighting for “a whiter, brighter Rhodesia.”

When the Mugabe government started redistributing farmland in 2000, the biggest tracts went to supporters of the ruling party, even if the recipients didn’t know how to work them. White farmers, many of whom said they were ready to participate in a more orderly process of land reform, received no compensation when their property was seized.

“If white settlers just took the land from us without paying for it,” Mugabe said, “we can, in a similar way, just take it from them without paying for it.”

Driving around Zimbabwe today, it’s hard to miss the acres of farmland lying fallow. In 1997, the country’s economy was among the strongest on the continent. This year, its growth rate is predicted to be 1.5 percent, according to the government, lower than that of any of its neighbors. Between 2000 and 2009, agricultural revenue declined by $12 billion, according to the commercial farmers’ union. The nation, once called “the breadbasket of Africa,” relies on international aid to feed 25 percent of its population, according to the World Food Program.

But in a country still plagued by racial tensions, turning to experienced white farmers is hardly a simple solution to economic woes.

To some Zimbabweans, allowing whites onto the country’s black-owned farms, even as managers or consultants, is a tacit recognition that land reform has failed.

“The whites had their turn,” Savior Kasukuwere, the minister of local government, said in an interview. “It’s time for our people to have a chance.”

For white farmers, many of them now landless, the partnership offers are rolling in.

“Every week they’re asked, ‘Wouldn’t you like to come back to the farms?’ ” said John Robertson, an economist in Harare, the capital.

But taking those jobs, many whites say, would legitimize a land-reform system they see as unjust and politically driven.

“There’s no one who disagrees with social justice, but instead we watched as land reform was used as a tool of political patronage,” said Peter Steyl, the head of the country’s commercial farmers’ union.

Extensive unemployment
After their land was seized, many white farmers left the country. But hundreds remained, either moving to cities or clinging to slivers of their former farms. There are roughly 300 whites still operating their own farms (compared with 6,000 in 1980). Many have struggled financially.

Even if they don’t like the idea of returning to farming as advisers, they have few other job prospects in a country with widespread unemployment.

“It’s become an incredibly hard place to work,” said Ian Ferguson, a white farmer who has held on to some of his property.

After trying and failing to make her farm profitable, Mutinhiri was $200,000 in debt. She had 460 acres but no way of paying back her loans. Her bank had a suggestion: recruit professional white farmers.

The manager she hired came from a company called Mashonaland Tobacco, the Zimbabwean arm of U.S. tobacco giant Alliance One International.

When he arrived on Mutinhiri’s farm last year, it quickly became clear that the partnership was going to be difficult. The farmer accused Mutinhiri of stealing land that belonged to whites, she said, and he refused to work with her son.

“He kept saying, ‘You stole our land,’ ” Mutinhiri recalled. “And I told him, ‘No, I’m indigenous. This land belongs to us.’ ”

Mashonaland executives said the company no longer employs that farmer.

“I’m aware that there was some friction,” the company’s managing director, Kenneth Langley, said of Mutinhiri’s case.

Langley added: “I do believe Zimbabweans want to overcome that history.”

The Zimbabwean government has vacillated when it comes to the joint partnerships.

“Joint ventures can be black to black, black to white, black to yellow or red,” Douglas Mombeshora, the minister of lands and rural resettlement, told Zimbabwe’s NewsDay newspaper in January, “as long as people agree on terms of the contract.”

But two weeks later, Mombeshora appeared to change his mind. Some Zimbabweans suggest he was brought in line by Mugabe.

“Joint ventures with white, former commercial farmers, we say no to that. We have never allowed that,” he then told NewsDay.

For both white farmers and black landowners, it has sometimes been difficult to divine the government’s stance.

“It’s discouraging. We have no intention whatsoever of trying to reclaim the land,” Langley said. “What we’re trying to do is get agriculture in Zimbabwe up and running again.”

For her part, Mutinhiri received approval from the government to bring the white farmers on. She and many others say that without assistance and equipment, their farms will go to ruin.

“There’s a recognition among black farmers that there’s a lack of capacity,” said Temba Mliswa, a former member of parliament who received his farm under the land-reform program, “even if the government doesn’t want to acknowledge it.”

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: MrTed
Originally Posted By: Pdawg

I've slowed down on it too, don't have the energy to get that riled up anymore. Too much stress in my workday to come home and get in arguments with people I don't know outside of here.

I dont post in these threads that much anymore. Its just the same tired hysterical liberal bs in every thread.

They sound like this:
https://youtu.be/nlYlNF30bVg

In every single thread.

No Craps Given
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M

Concerns over safety.

Concerns over safety.

They were sinking our luxury liners, and when we declared war on Japan, I think they had to declare war on us.

It's really not I suppose.

Like I said earlier, I'm with swish on this one. There has to be some way we could help those that want peace there to have it. Honestly, it'd probably be time better spent. People in Africa WANT TO LIVE and have a life, people in the middle east are kinda fuzzy on that, at least in the areas we're trying to make a difference.

my two cents...
Legend
Legend
Wasn't meant to be funny. It was meant to make people think of the foolishness of everything Racist, especially in this thread.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
swish has admitted that he got a little too hot under the collar about this issue, but he's not wrong about advocating for the plight of those people and like I said a bit ago, I think our efforts would go further there than they are where we are expending lives and resources now.

And that comment didn't make anyone think, no one on here is denying the holocaust, so no reason to make a comment like that.

my two cents...
Legend
Legend
And that's fine bro. I simply wish we paid attention to ALL the humanitarian issues, instead of just using humanitarian issues as another reason to go to war with NK.

You never see 40 post about stuff that happens in Africa or South America, but he wants to go to war with NK so bad that all of a sudden the way people are treated there bothers him?

What about the issues in NK BEFORE trump took office? What about all these other things around the world?

That's all I'm saying. There's a ton of people we can genuinely help around the world, why does it always have to be countries that we are either beefing with, or have something to protect?

Our country's reputation would go a long way if we actually gave a damn about other nations, especially since our entire country is made up of people from around the world in the first place.

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
Why do you think nobody cares about Africa?

I give money to charity to help people in Africa.
I have given quite a bit to Doctors Without Borders, who does a lot of humanitarian work in Africa.

You assume too much.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
I also give to Doctors without Borders.

Legend
Legend
as i said to DC, i'm talking our society, and mainly government, as a whole.

you've already told me you donated to these charities before.

my beef isn't with individuals, my beef is with the system and those who run it.

all i ask is that we give equal concern to problems around the world, not just those we plan on bombing in the near future.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Your predictions on imminent US action against North Korea? What do you think?

Link Copied to Clipboard