Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
E
Legend
Legend
E
All I know is that Connor Cook was the Cowboys target and they settled for Dak.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
P
Legend
Legend
P
I believe most every team draft players who they are capable but also a value at their slotted pick.

I agree with you that they settled on Dak after they missed on Cook who was their intended target. Yet I also feel they valued Dak at where he was sitting on their board.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Originally Posted By: mac
As for showing you my research..I would need a tape recorder of a phone conversation I had with a lawyer.

I have mentioned before, what research I did...you already know I can't post the conversation..so you will have to take my word for it.

I missed this. What research did you do that involved a lawyer? I don't need proof of a recorded conversation, just a description. I'll take you at your word. Are you saying you spoke to a lawyer that works for the Browns, the Cowboys, or Prescott?

Rish...I contacted the office of Prescott's lawyer, explaining to the receptionist that I was searching for information about those NFL teams that might have shown interest in Dak's case, prior to the NFL draft. The receptionist explained that the lawyer was not in the office at that time, so I left my information with the receptionist who said she would pass my question on to Dak's lawyer and she asked me to check back the next day.

In my conversation with the receptionist the previous day, I explained to her that I was a Browns fan who felt Dak would have been a good fit for the Browns, had they drafted him. I also explained that I was attempting to judge how much influence the pending dui case might have had Dak's draft status. The next day, when I contacted the lawyers office, the receptionist explained that the lawyer was in court and unavailable to speak to me, but he did have an answer for me.

The answer was a bit cryptic but obviously the lawyer was taking care not to name teams or release any information concerning Prescott's case. His answer...there were a couple of teams that showed interest in Dak's dui case, before the draft..one team was the team that drafted Dak...and the other team that showed some interest was not my team.

That would be the kind of answer I would expect from a lawyer with this level of involvement in this case. I did find out that Dak's lawyer is a big sports fan, especially football.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Receptionists/lawyers that are football fans- sweet, Dak ain't leaving Big D anytime soon...can you contact Johnny's receptionist/lawyer to find out when he's leaving the swan in the pool.....GO Browns!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
As for showing you my research..I would need a tape recorder of a phone conversation I had with a lawyer.

I have mentioned before, what research I did...you already know I can't post the conversation..so you will have to take my word for it.

I missed this. What research did you do that involved a lawyer? I don't need proof of a recorded conversation, just a description. I'll take you at your word. Are you saying you spoke to a lawyer that works for the Browns, the Cowboys, or Prescott?

Rish...I contacted the office of Prescott's lawyer, explaining to the receptionist that I was searching for information about those NFL teams that might have shown interest in Dak's case, prior to the NFL draft. The receptionist explained that the lawyer was not in the office at that time, so I left my information with the receptionist who said she would pass my question on to Dak's lawyer and she asked me to check back the next day.

In my conversation with the receptionist the previous day, I explained to her that I was a Browns fan who felt Dak would have been a good fit for the Browns, had they drafted him. I also explained that I was attempting to judge how much influence the pending dui case might have had Dak's draft status. The next day, when I contacted the lawyers office, the receptionist explained that the lawyer was in court and unavailable to speak to me, but he did have an answer for me.

The answer was a bit cryptic but obviously the lawyer was taking care not to name teams or release any information concerning Prescott's case. His answer...there were a couple of teams that showed interest in Dak's dui case, before the draft..one team was the team that drafted Dak...and the other team that showed some interest was not my team.

That would be the kind of answer I would expect from a lawyer with this level of involvement in this case. I did find out that Dak's lawyer is a big sports fan, especially football.

I'm speechless.

Who was his lawyer?

Legend
Legend

Are you frickin' serious? Is your son going to come here and tell us you have cancer?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: jfanent

Are you frickin' serious? Is your son going to come here and tell us you have cancer?

That's weird. I called the same attorney's office. I got told "it's none of your damn business, plus, talking about it would be breaking the attorney client privilege".

T
Legend
Legend
T
General thought!

I'm glad Johnny Manziel is gaining interest, if he comes back into the league, that would be "so nice".

"So nice!"

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
P
Rookie
Rookie
P
True. it would be nice that some other team is now the laughing stock of the league...

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
jfan writes...
Quote:

arch writes...
Quote:
That's weird. I called the same attorney's office. I got told "it's none of your damn business, plus, talking about it would be breaking the attorney client privilege".

This is why I hesitate to post much about my personal experiences or things that I've done to find the facts of a particular case.

There are always those who act as if they know it all..those who dominate a message board and believe they are the only members of this board capable of writing on any and all subjects.

Their way of maintaining their status on this message board is to cast doubt on anyone who dares to share an experience they never thought of trying themselves(first). If they didn't do it first, no one else is even capable.

It is damn remarkable..some act as if they know everything about everything! Some also think they know everyone on this message board as they look down from their imaginary perch at the top.

How much do any of you really know about me?

I do not follow the crowd and have my own way of finding the answers to the issues I care about..it's called "research"..I do my homework!

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
I dunno what looks worse.

The possibility of making that story up.

Or the idea that you actually did that.

Sillyness either way.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
R
Legend
Legend
R
How much do any of you really know about me?

I have a call into your lawyer to learn more.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
The possibility of making that story up.

The story is 100% made up.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Is this the same method used to find out that the Browns tried to ship Joe Thomas to Denver?

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Quote:
There are always those who act as if they know it all..those who dominate a message board and believe they are the only members of this board capable of writing on any and all subjects.

Dominate a message board? Let's see if you can figure out what that actually means.

Example 1: Someone with a dozen posts in the last week, all but one in different threads. (me)

Example 2: Someone who starts new threads/bumps old ones on the same topic and continuously posts the same thing over and over in other threads to try and force his opinion on others. (you)

Which of these is dominating a message board?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
Who is Dak's lawyer?

Tackles are tackles.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Who is Dak's lawyer?

May not be the same person as his attorney, but his agent is Jeff Guerreiro, also an attorney.

https://prosourcesports.com/people/jeff-guerriero/

A story about his DUI stated his attorney was a guy named "Jay Perry".

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sport...y-dui/87640062/

I read that it is a breach of confidentiality for any attorney to discuss his client's personal affairs with any 3rd party. It is considered to be a serious breach of fiduciary duties, and the offending attorney faces sanctions, including possible disbarment.

https://www.americanbar.org/content/dam/...uthcheckdam.pdf

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
I read that it is a breach of confidentiality for any attorney to discuss his client's personal affairs with any 3rd party. It is considered to be a serious breach of fiduciary duties, and the offending attorney faces sanctions, including possible disbarment.

Makes complete sense.

Tackles are tackles.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

Makes complete sense.

Maybe mac is Dak's lawyer.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

Makes complete sense.

good thing mac only talked to the receptionist or that guy could have been in trouble...

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
M
Legend
Legend
M
Why would the lawyer talking to the receptionist put him in any less trouble?

Tackles are tackles.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Johnny Manziel Gaining Interest

Link Copied to Clipboard