Next Thread
Print Thread
#129399 07/10/07 08:29 PM
H
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
H
I have two tix for sale to this concert. I was going to go with some girl when we got the tix, well now we dont get along (go figure). I'm asking half the face value for each ticket. The seats are on the field, this was the main reason i wanted to go. I wanted to drink a beer on the FIELD!! wanted her to take a pic of me diving into the endzone with a beer in my hand!! well thats not going to happen now. Excellent chance for half price show to take a lady to, and be on the field.Anyone interested PM me for details

B
Legend
Legend
B
Take her best girlfriend.

That always ticks them off.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
H
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
H
Something like that is the reason we dont get along anymore!!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I thought maybe he was taking Katie Couric's place (on CBS)........

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
Legend
Legend
She was your ONLY friend? Dude, take a buddy, there will be SOOOOOOOO many good looking girls at this show that you will have forgotten this other girls name before you get from the gate to the beer stand.

yebat' Putin
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Dude...Girls will come & go...and if you fish & hunt like I do, they come & go alot quicker than one might think they should.....LOL.

Take the tickets & take a friend, guy or girl...who cares just go and have fun.....drink a beer on the end zone, Drik a beer at mid field, drink a beer, to the girl who just pulled her shirt over her head and is wearing no bra....

dude ya get one shot at this thing called life...have fun with it, dont let other determine what you do or how you feel......

I was gonna get tickets until i saw I had a fishing tournament that night...

H
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
H
Quote:

dude ya get one shot at this thing called life...have fun with it, dont let other determine what you do or how you feel

wow I dont think I EVER have had anyone tell me that before. Believe me im far from conservative, i live it to the fullist!!And i know women come and go, they come and go quite often in my life. I am not a country fan at all. Far from it, one of my lady friends is a big kenny fan and we made plans. yes women come and go, but she is now gone. yes country shows have alot of women to pick up there. but the music sucks!! plus if i need a lady i just go to work, love working at a hospital!! getting women is never a prob there, lol. we were gonna make a weekend of it. plus its a 3-4 hr drive. No friend of mine would travel that long for that show. Just wanted to give a kenny fan great seats at a very cheap price.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

. but the music sucks!!

Wrong answer!!!!!11 years ago I thought so too.......hated country.......today? I don't listen to anything BUT country. You can like your rock, or hip hop, or rap, or opera, but some like their country. It doesn't suck any worse than I think other types of music suck.

Nothing personal - just sticking up for Kenny and country.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Highoman....dont take what I said wrong guy, From what ya wrote it sounded like you were pretty down in the dumps, I was just trying to life up a brother Dawg, I dont know how ya live or what ya do, just wanted you to maybe see another side of things, wasnt getting personnel,

Country Music for alot of people dosent suck, I guess it just dosent fit your taste and thats cool, I'm the same with rap, I dont say it sucks, just dosnt siut me.

Bye the way your gonna miss some nice country girl hooters....

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Dude, there is gonna be so much tail there it's not going to be funny. Some girls I work with were talking about going yesterday and said there is something like 5 bands playing or something. Go drink some beer, look at chicks, and forget about that other girl. By the end of the night you could be saying ":other girls name: who?"

Our honor defend, we will fight to the end, for OHIO! GO BUCKS!
H
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
H
Sorry to sound like i was down about the whole situation. far from it. Yes there will be all kinds of tail there but i see tail everyday. Not trying to knock kenny and his music, but its not really country. its pop music with a country sounding voice. country is hank, merle, and charlie. not kenny, rascall flatts, or sugerland. different strokes for different folks. i must say though i had ex drag me to a rascall flatts show, mmmmm cowgirl hat, jean skirts all over the place. it still aint worth the 3-4 hour drive though. I told the girl i was gonna go with that i havent been able to sell the tickets just to give her a hard time since we work together. well sounds like she changed her mind, lol. She said she can finaggle a way to go if i like. But we just mess around a little here and there now so im not wanting her to get all serious again. plus i just sold the tix on ebay, and her husband probably wouldnt like that either

F
Legend
Legend
F
New Country doesn't "suck", it's not my choice of music, I'm a rock/heavy metal guy, but the newer stuff isn't bad. Maybe it's because I've gotten older and soft, or that I'm a musician and I appreciate it for the art it is.

But be careful not to dislike something because you think you should.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
H
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
H
You are right, everyone has different tastes. Country just isnt country anymore. Take away the vocals and the rare fiddle (they have to throw a fiddle or banjo riff just to be "country") and you have pop/rock song. When i listen to country i want a tear in my beer. I have a wide variety of music interests for being 31. I've seen well over 200 concerts, from Slayer, Willie Nelson, phish, james brown, doobie bros, santana, los lobos, kid rock etc etc and even the pathetic rascall flatts. I appreciate a talented musician, but in my ranking of music types, pop country if WAY below real counrty, right behind big band, and right before that rap crap. But then again i wear a tye-died t-shirt half the time so what do i know!! lol

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
As Shooter Jennings first album says, someone needs to put the "O" back in country.

I agree w/ some here. I hate modern country. It's just pop.

Give me Johnny, Willie, Waylon, & Merle. Real country.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'd go to see Shania's box if she were there, but that's about it as far as C & W is concerned.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Kenny Chesney at CBS

Link Copied to Clipboard